Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

dude789 posted:

Nope that final boss theme is plodding and bad.

Xenoblade's might have a few to One Winged Angel. but One Winged Angel is pretty renowned when it comes to final boss themes, so evoking the same feeling when it plays is hardly a bad thing.

*pulls up to the curb, leans out, and slyly lifts sunglasses with middle finger* One Winged Angel was bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Gonna have to agree with the peeps who think Xenoblade Chronicles's final boss theme is better than the one for that Gust game.

Mostly because I was listening to both outside of context and I couldn't stand listening to the Gust one after the first few seconds.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Xenoblade is inconsequential, Lucentek - Activate is the only Wii U RPG that matters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI5xc8JCazI

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Xenoblade is inconsequential, Lucentek - Activate is the only Wii U RPG that matters:

:eyepop:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

BearsAreBros posted:

Yea the only thing difficult about Wolly World is just finding everything in every level. 3D world is much better.

Also why isn't this thread just everyone geeking over Xenoblade Chronicles X the GOTY.

Because it came out after witcher 3, MGS5, and fallout 4 and nobody is gonna buy it unless they only own a Wii u

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Because it came out after witcher 3, MGS5, and fallout 4 and nobody is gonna buy it unless they only own a Wii u

What makes you think that?

Bland fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Nov 22, 2015

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Two of those games are poo poo. Dont troll

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Austrian mook posted:

Two of those games are poo poo. Dont troll

He only listed Fallout 4 once

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He only listed Fallout 4 once

It's not actually that bad, but I've never been more let down by a game than Witcher 3. Beautiful environments, poo poo gameplay. Hopefully Xenoblade X will actually be fun to play.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why does everyone in games hate games

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Help Im Alive posted:

Hey, I ADORED Xenoblade Chronicles and MGSV. Because they're actually good games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm pretty sure all those games listed are uncontested game of the year.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

They're all cynical sadbrains posters who are so beaten down by life that the only 'enjoyment' they can get from something is hating it, often before anyone has even played it.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

BearsAreBros posted:

Also why isn't this thread just everyone geeking over Xenoblade Chronicles X the GOTY.
It's a JRPG.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also are they seriously charging 60 bucks for Twilight Princess HD? it comes with a stupid amiibo but even removing 15 bucks from the price tag that is too much money for a single HD release.
Nintendo pricing, or try to frame it as a ~remaster~ and pretend that's worth paying $60 (amiibo are worthless)

FirstAidKite posted:

Is splatoon still successful, does it still have an active community and stuff? Also, is there anything in particular about the game that is really bad and I should stay away from or is everything in the game pretty good or what?
The networking/matchmaking is garbage

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Folt The Bolt posted:

Gonna have to agree with the peeps who think Xenoblade Chronicles's final boss theme is better than the one for that Gust game.

Mostly because I was listening to both outside of context and I couldn't stand listening to the Gust one after the first few seconds.

Well the plot of Atelier Ayesha is about saving your sister and the final boss theme is reflecting that. The plot of Xenoblade is about some crazy dude who thinks he's God so a One Winged Angel ripoff boss theme is appropriate for that.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

BearsAreBros posted:

No, but really the main reason is because the vast majority of people can't play it yet. It's only out in Japan.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Well the plot of Atelier Ayesha is about saving your sister and the final boss theme is reflecting that. The plot of Xenoblade is about some crazy dude who thinks he's God so a One Winged Angel ripoff boss theme is appropriate for that.

I'm just saying that I think Xenoblade Chronicles's Final Boss music can stand on its own merits as a tune. If I heard Atelier Ayesha's song in the proper conditions, I might possibly have enjoyed it since it would have set the mood for what I've been doing, but as a standalone piece it kinda blows.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Looper posted:

I really love snow areas, they're always my favorite with or without ice physics

Thanks for reminding me of Xenoblade's snow area which is so so good. There's ice slides in it, complete with insane wonky physics! You can (and you have to, it leads to a secret area) make a mile long jump from one of them! And in general it's refreshingly vertical instead of the same ol' same ol flat snowfields you see in every game ever.

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6nPMbPk-4g

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

youtube commet posted:

this game is phenominal! i am deciding to buy this instead of xenoblade X. the non liniar playstyle, beautiful cutscenes and the "keep you wanting more" story line is absolutely amazing! not to mention the new use of the touch screen functionality is so unique....i was slaming my head into that screen so hard i was able to win by 2 points ......agian, just an absolutely stunning creation......

When did/does it come out?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Edmund Honda posted:

Hey, it's better than Super Smash Bros. Although you rarely get to choose your teammates in Splatoon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just watched some Fallout 4, why are the graphics on this next gen game much worse than Xenoblade on WiiU. Holy poo poo that game is ugly.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

greatn posted:

I just watched some Fallout 4, why are the graphics on this next gen game much worse than Xenoblade on WiiU. Holy poo poo that game is ugly.

Fallout 4 is uneven. It looks great in some places and like a PS2 game, worse than Fallout 3 even, in others. I don't know why, other than it's just Bethesda being Bethesda.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Fallout 4 is uneven. It looks great in some places and like a PS2 game, worse than Fallout 3 even, in others. I don't know why, other than it's just Bethesda being Bethesda.

I am just kind of floored because literally no review I read or heard on podcasts mentioned this

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Fallout 4 could really just use some higher quality textures everywhere, especially the ground clutter. Makes me wonder what the texture settings below Ultra even look like.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't know but it gets surreal at times. Even threads that are kind of saccharine like this one or the Undertale one can't help but have unbridled contempt for video games and anyone who enjoys them unironically.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I for one wonder why the characters in Fallout 4 look like they're made out of plastic. (I mean the non-robotic ones, of course.)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Help Im Alive posted:

That attitude is a sick loving plague that needs to be stamped out.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I unironically enjoy video games, such as the fun video games that can be found on the Nintendo Wii U Entertainment System.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FPzero posted:

Fallout 4 could really just use some higher quality textures everywhere, especially the ground clutter. Makes me wonder what the texture settings below Ultra even look like.

imagine i just shot a suicide mutant's bomb

there that's fallout 4 on medium

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I bought Mario tennis. It's okay I guess but only worth $20

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Is the Mario Tennis gameplay better than the N64 one? Like is there any reason to buy the new version instead of getting the old one digitally?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fumaofthelake posted:

Is the Mario Tennis gameplay better than the N64 one? Like is there any reason to buy the new version instead of getting the old one digitally?

The basic gameplay is similar but the new one is super bare bones with not as many gimmick modes or courts. It's a choice between graphics vs modes. It also has an online mode but not with friends for some dumb reason.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

im excited to know that you don't even get the robots in xenoblade till like 30 hours in. so, much like the first game, I'll have done 50 gameplay hours and be nowhere close to finishing the game at that point, or ever. also I'm being completely honest

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rexroom posted:

Hey, it's better than Super Smash Bros. Although you rarely get to choose your teammates in Splatoon.

The online matchmaking is acceptable, not great, but you can choose your teammates literally every match of you want to, except during splat fest

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Edmund Honda posted:

Seconding this. It seems like there's no distinction between skill levels in regular turf wars and most of the games end up extremely lopsided.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
That's because Turf Wars is basically "Just for Fun" mode. The "For Glory" is the Ranked matches that open when you hit level 10. There the skill levels will be matched more evenly depending on your current rank.

At least, that's how it should work theoretically. :v:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Edmund Honda posted:

Nintendo pricing, or try to frame it as a ~remaster~ and pretend that's worth paying $60 (amiibo are worthless)

Final Fantasy 7 remake is closer to a remaster, because they're actually remastering the music.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sakurazuka posted:

They're all cynical sadbrains posters who are so beaten down by life that the only 'enjoyment' they can get from something is hating it, often before anyone has even played it.

Same here

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Knorth posted:

I get what you're saying, there could be some really interesting new environments if they used their imagination but I'm sure these classics will looks really good too

Yeah, to be honest it was probably seeing them all cycled through in short order without knowing beforehand what they were.

Looper posted:

I really love snow areas, they're always my favorite with or without ice physics

Same! I dunno why but I always get excited about snow areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I love snow areas but not ice areas, if that makes sense.
The less ice physics, the better.

• Locked thread