Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Swedish Metal posted:

Talons are such a struggle for me. What's the best way to use launchers on them? (I don't use cold-blooded)

Listen for the fart noises, look for the skulls, hide inside if you can. I'll usually take a potshot and then just run away if I can.

Or yeah, forgo the launcher and run an EMP grenade instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I wish the AI for killstreaks you control was a little bit better, left to their own devices i've never had a talon or Cerberus get very many kills while it was automated. Maybe it's on purpose to make yourself "vulnerable" to get the most effect out of them?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Anyone got that Loyalty personalization pack thing yet?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I desperately need a ps4 group to save me from Mexican tryhards. PSN: SPZX

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Happy Hedonist posted:

I hope a bunch of lovely assholes get this for Christmas because it seems like everyone playing right now except me is a robot with lightning reflexes and perfect aim. I'm loving horrible at this stupid thing.

This.... this is my experience with blarps so far. I've tried dropping all the secondary poo poo just to run all the perks I can and still there's a motherfucker behind every single bowl of rice ready to cap me as soon as I move 10 feet from spawn. ugh

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I dunno what it is but every smg in this game is terrible for me until I slap a long barrel on it. Then I rack up high scores like nothing. I choose to believe the smg's are all bad and long barrel is that good of an attachment.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I wonder if weapon xp is in fact, not doubled.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
I think this was for MW3 and not BO2 but I know there were separate double weapon XP periods.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
If you want to play zombies hit me up

Psn Znorps

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Up for some late night games.

BostonZombie (PSN)

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Holy poo poo the Argus is super fun to use.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Somehow giving myself the worst connection possible (wifi, moderate nat), made this game fun. I even had a 20 killstreak with my Haymaker at one point. Now if I could keep it this way without dropping out so much, that would be great.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Am I blind or is there no way to edit your clantag and callsign card?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Kerosene19 posted:

This.... this is my experience with blarps so far. I've tried dropping all the secondary poo poo just to run all the perks I can and still there's a motherfucker behind every single bowl of rice ready to cap me as soon as I move 10 feet from spawn. ugh
Funny thing is, I'm noticing the same. I'm not having problems with lag & gunfights, it's the godawful spawning, so I'm sweeping through the map, murder someone, and they immediately spawn inside my rear end in a top hat. I've seen it trigger from a distance on someone else too, Evac seems pretty bad for it.

There was someone last night who'd obviously had it down to a art in Exodus, as they weren't camping as such, they just kept re-locating on the left side of the map, so as soon as you spawned in, you were under their gun. I got clipped three times in a row before taking two steps out of spawn, and hit the ol' ragequit button.

beedeebee posted:

Am I blind or is there no way to edit your clantag and callsign card?
It's under the 'Menu' header. On PS4 it's when you hit the options button outside of a game lobby, and the card / clan tabs are in the lower right.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Fibby Boy posted:

I dunno what it is but every smg in this game is terrible for me until I slap a long barrel on it. Then I rack up high scores like nothing. I choose to believe the smg's are all bad and long barrel is that good of an attachment.

I've never leveled an smg this far but I really have a lot of trouble using them in this game. They don't hip fire well and they take too many bullets to kill at medium ranges. Maybe I just need to keep on keeping on.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Spudsly posted:

I've never leveled an smg this far but I really have a lot of trouble using them in this game. They don't hip fire well and they take too many bullets to kill at medium ranges. Maybe I just need to keep on keeping on.

I have the VMP and Vesper both maxed as a terrible player so yeah I'd say keep trying

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Even the vesper with laser, prob the best hipfire, isn't great about killing people. RIP ak74u

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
Yeah I got too used to smg being hip fire machines up close, I can't adjust.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think Treyarch may have flipped some numbers or something, because I get out hip-fired by ARs all the time.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The only smg I seem to do somewhat with ok with is the kuda. I run out of ammo real fast though.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Spudsly posted:

I get killed by people with SMGs at retarded ranges all the time. Like from one end of Fringe to the other.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh, by the way, can you edit your classes online like with the previous BLOPS?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Had an amazing moment last night on Infection where I killed a guy in the church window with a tomahawk from the B flag. C4 is still super fun as well, I can handle the not airbursting thing but they should really drop the time it takes to arm after hitting the ground by a second.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Mill Village posted:

I think Treyarch may have flipped some numbers or something, because I get out hip-fired by ARs all the time.

The amount of times I've been beaten at close range by an HVK or even ICR while running the Vesper is goddamn staggering.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Javes posted:

Holy poo poo the Argus is super fun to use.

It has the most bullshit range that even when I kill a dude with it, i think it's bullshit

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

T1g4h posted:

The amount of times I've been beaten at close range by an HVK or even ICR while running the Vesper is goddamn staggering.

I feel like AR's should have their hipfire nerfed. Or remove rapid fire from them. They've kinda taken away smg's niche.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

I feel like AR's should have their hipfire nerfed. Or remove rapid fire from them. They've kinda taken away smg's niche.

lmao

What in the gently caress

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

TWO BY THE TURTLE

got em!

TWO MORE BY THE TURTLE

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Me, irl. :bustem:

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Is it just me or are the PS4 servers completely hosed tonight?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Zombies pubs are the worst.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Inside Out Mom posted:

Zombies pubs are is the worst.

Fixed that for you.

(gently caress zombies, it's an epitome of terrible game design)

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Managed to get through 2 prestiges during this 2XP. Got 10 create-a-class slots now!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

AirRaid posted:

Fixed that for you.

(gently caress zombies, it's the epitome of terrible game design)

:agreed:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Javes posted:

Managed to get through 2 prestiges during this 2XP. Got 10 create-a-class slots now!

God drat Javes

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone planing on playing tonight ?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
Got Prophet's last glitch skin which requires two kills shortly after glitch in a single game, c4 on domination spots mashing glitch and detonate like a giggling school girl.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

victrix posted:

lmao

What in the gently caress

He's not wrong though? When AR's are dominating the close range guns at close range, something's a bit hosed :v:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Argus is so much fun, shoutout to whoever mentioned it earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Swagger Dagger posted:

The Argus is so much fun, shoutout to whoever mentioned it earlier.

The best reload animation probably of all guns, prestige 6 level 28 I haven't played this much since blops 2. I'm on the last guy to unlock all skins for the gold skin unlock things, saved hive guy for last.

• Locked thread