Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i just 3d touche'd the awful app

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Silver Alicorn posted:

what does 3D Touch do

whoa that gets automatically capitalized
you can use it in springboard to jump to a particular favorite forum or to your bookmarks

or else you can use it in your bookmarks to get a preview of the most recent unread post in the thread. doesn't affect your unread count

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kenny Logins posted:

or else you can use it in your bookmarks to get a preview of the most recent unread post in the thread. doesn't affect your unread count

that would be nice for when i see a post and it's just "edit: wrong thread"

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
3D Touch is required to open links within Youtube comments otherwise Google pops up some AIDS bullshit about signing in.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

now that awful.app supports 3d touch now there is 3 things i use 3d touch with on my 6s. wow
now if only he would fix the favorites edit function so i can change the order of favorite forums

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

:eyepop:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

new version broke clicking links half the time

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

how do I do that

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

how do I do that

with the power of 3D Touch on your beautiful iPhone 6s running the most advanced mobile operating system in the world, silly goose

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

mishaq posted:

with the power of 3D Touch on your beautiful iPhone 6s running the most advanced mobile operating system in the world, silly goose

ipad pro doesnt do 3d touch. wtf tim.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

quote:

A man was taken into custody after whipping out a samurai sword at the Fifth Avenue Apple Store on Friday afternoon and terrifying shoppers, police and witnesses said. […]

An Apple Store employee, who wished to remain anonymous, said that at one point the deranged man yelled “I just want an iPhone!” as he swung the sword on a staircase landing.
cremnob really needs to switch to decaf

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i had one song from one album in ''my music'' in apple music and went to add the rest of the album and it created a new album. i removed both and tried adding the whole album again but it added everything but the one song i had at the start. how 2 fix. its not just workign halp

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

stop using apple music

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i'm sure it will get 3D touch but as it is there's ~100 sensors in the 6S to detect touch sensitivity so i imagine expanding that to accommodate 8 - 13 inch screens could be challenging/expensive

this is sick i want it

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

triple sulk posted:

stop using apple music

no it's great. just stop trying to janitor it.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

wild that they all have different weather

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Soldier of Fortran posted:

you loving idiot

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Soldier of Fortran posted:

even wilder that they're all in the same time zone

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

oh, yeah. welp.

probably holding it wrong then

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
why would you add a city more than once?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
if you're in different parts of a large city or something

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Korean Boomhauer posted:

if you're in different parts of a large city or something

??

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

4 hour forecast showing more temp fluctuations than usual

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
hollywoods forecast is 100% accurate

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

will it ever be able to?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
in theory the only way it'd be able to do 3D Touch is solely through using the apple pencil as an input method. it wouldn't have the same Taptic feedback either.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Athletic Footjob posted:

in theory the only way it'd be able to do 3D Touch is solely through using the apple pencil as an input method. it wouldn't have the same Taptic feedback either.

why? might need a few Taptic engines in it to be noticeable but don't see why not.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so some restaurant I go to had a software update on their POS machines and what do you know RFID card tapping is disabled. did banks use the nuclear option to disable Apple Pay which just launched here ?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

zen death robot posted:

gotta use plastic to pay for that 6 piece mcnugget kevin sorry

it's an independent vegetarian place that was awarded best new place in town. also the server bought me a beer today cause I'm special and go there like twice a week

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
do they at least have hamburgers on teh kids menu and if so if i go there with u can i order off the kids menu i dont think i could literally pay for a meal if it didnt include meat

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Sniep posted:

do they at least have hamburgers on teh kids menu and if so if i go there with u can i order off the kids menu i dont think i could literally pay for a meal if it didnt include meat

yeah dude it's a date

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

PleasureKevin posted:

yeah dude it's a date

With the server

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

PleasureKevin posted:

why? might need a few Taptic engines in it to be noticeable but don't see why not.

im talking about the current gen. im sure future gens will easily be able to do so.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

triple sulk posted:

stop using apple music

apple music is great. keeps doing this to me where it tries to ask me to trial it but doesn't load properly and just gets stuck.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
apple music still has the same issues of discoverability that i have with any other music service

they have a big catalog though

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

it's an independent vegetarian place that was awarded best new place in town. also the server bought me a beer today cause I'm special and go there like twice a week

the beer has trace amounts of uranium in it because they're trying to kill you because they hate you. Think about it.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Best New
Place In Town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

PleasureKevin posted:

sounds like they're desperate for regular customers i give them another 3 weeks before they close up shop

• Locked thread