Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I took Romo off IR and put ASJ on IR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Well, now I get to put Freeman on IR after 5 mins of play...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
loving forsett broke arm too?

:suicide:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
121 to 36 so far. Tavon austin with -.5 right now, and my only shining star is going to miss a game or two.

Solid day for me.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Devonte Adams :negative:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
He is on my bench right now but it doesn't look like Spencer Ware has gotten points this year at all, even though he has been killing it. I'm in another ESPN league with him and he does have points there, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Rivers you failed me when I needed you the most :negative:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gyshall posted:

He is on my bench right now but it doesn't look like Spencer Ware has gotten points this year at all, even though he has been killing it. I'm in another ESPN league with him and he does have points there, so I'm not sure what is going on.

His ESPN player card is currently missing everything after his 2013 season, so I assume it's a glitch. Very weird if he is showing points in another ESPN league, though.

It's a good thing he's on your bench, because if you started him and ESPN didn't fix it, I'd have to calculate his correct stats and enter them in by hand (which I can do if absolutely necessary).

also: gently caress. What are the odds that Tyrod Taylor and Danny Amendola combine for fewer than 18.25 points tomorrow night? I don't suppose there's a chance of some kind of sudden, debilitating snowstorm...

114 points on my loving bench. Jeremy Maclin you are not supposed to be outscored more than 2:1 by Bilal loving Powell.

My entire starting team was outscored by three players on Percy Riot, holy crap.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 23, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

My entire starting team was outscored by three players on Percy Riot, holy crap.

My entire team (bench included) was outscored by Percy's starters. By 45 points.

Does this get the "most lopsided victory" since he's 120 points up on me right now? :(

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

22.3 points from tyrod and Danny there's a chance!!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I just realized I still got this. Lafell and Darby just gotta combine for 120 plus whatever Watkins puts up. Call it 160 between lafell and darby l just to be safe.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bloody posted:

22.3 points from tyrod and Danny there's a chance!!

More than a chance. I give myself maybe a 10% shot at keeping a win here.

Either player could do 23 points by themselves.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This is going ok so far. keep running the ball, bills. Amendola is clearly the first wr target though.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Lafell must be saving his 90pts for the second quarter.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Anytime lafell...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cover Amendola, you fucks! It's Gronk that you're supposed to inexplicably leave uncovered. :argh:

0.4 point margin n ow. it's over

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 24, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

omg amendola is out
maybe tyrod will throw an int or something

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We're now tied, to within one decimal place.

e. 3 yard run should win it, barring an int. congrats, bloody

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 24, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am almost tied. 130 left.. 10 mins left for lafell to get 9tds.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

uh I think you mean 22 touchdowns? oh I guess with yards maybe 15 or so would do it.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Well, darby gonna pick 6 half a dozen too obviously.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

We're now tied, to within one decimal place.

e. 3 yard run should win it, barring an int. congrats, bloody

Mwahahahaha

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Two thirds of my wins are vs commish

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Needed: Lafell and Darby to put up 160.

They put up just over 11.

I know you were all waiting on the edge of your seat for the results, so I thought I would update.

Close game, Percy. I almost had you!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Also: Forsett to IR and Bradford still there. Can update spreadsheet for Forsett, but I expect to take Bradford off by the middle of this week.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah bradford is listed as Questionable on ESPN right now, which means you won't be able to make roster moves (including I think waivers) until you move him off.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Hey trade partner propose the trade!

Or do we have a commish do it because it's player for draft pick and I don't think you can do a player for nobody trade on espn?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ohhh, yeah I didn't think of that. Yeah. I need to add a tab to the spreadsheet to track draft picks. Lemme do that quickly.

Annnnd, I just realized we need to discuss the number of rounds that can be traded.

According to the rules (Section 7, "Voluntary Annual Rookie/Free Agent Draft") the first two rounds are non-snake, set in accordance with the previous year's standings rules as spelled out. Beginning with the third round, it becomes a snake draft. Salaries for drafted players are set in the rules; they start high and go down until the fifth and "all later rounds" have players that cost $1.

So, the number of players you can draft is limited by:
-The number of empty spots you've freed up on your team, either before the draft, or by trading during the draft;
-The space you have left within your 2016 salary cap

That means in theory we could have as many as 23 rounds, if someone dumped all of their players. But nobody is going to do that. In practice, probably everyone will be drafting in the first two or three rounds, and then owners will start to drop out as their teams fill and/or their salary caps get hit.

quote:

7.6 Drafting is voluntary. Owners are under no obligation to fill out empty team slots.
7.7 If an Owner does not have enough salary cap room to pay a rookie at a given draft position, they cannot draft at that position.
7.7.1 The Owner can trade away the pick, or drop players from their team before the draft to free up cap space.
7.7.2 All such drops must be made in advance of the draft, and those dropped players become eligible for the draft.
7.8 During the Rookie/Free Agent draft, Owners may trade players and picks, including picks for future rookie drafts, up to two years into the future.

Essentially if you can't or don't want to draft when your turn comes up in a given drafting round, you can voluntarily skip that spot (or trade it away) but that doesn't prevent you from using later picks. You might for example have a free slot, but not want to draft in the third round where a player you pick will cost $4... you could either offer to trade your third round pick to someone else, or, just skip it. Then you can still draft a player for $2 in the fourth round.

So... with many possible rounds available to every owner, can you trade really late round picks? I would say you can, but probably nobody wants them. It's a dynasty league, odds are most owners will be keeping quite a few players. What's the value of an 8th round pick of a $1 player who has already been passed over by everyone else through seven rounds of drafting? Probably approximately zero.

So I'm inclined to not put any restriction on draft round picking. But this is a democracy, sorta, so does anyone else have an opinion?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 25, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK I added a table. For now when you trade away a pick, I'll just indicate what other team now owns "your" pick for that round. At the end of the season, draft order will be determined, and you'll find out what exact pick (round, and order within that round) you'll have (or have traded for).

So for example, if I trade my third round pick to Percy Riot, I'd change the cell for Concord Concordes in the "3" column to red, and add "GOON" to that cell. Then, after I win the tournament this year and thus get assigned last pick in rounds 1 and 2, first pick in round 3, and last pick in round 4, etc. I'll indicate in each cell what exact pick it's for, and Percy Riot will know that they now own a Round 3 #1 pick (25th overall).

Let me know if this is confusing.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Sent the trade Bloody. Hope it works!

Edit: And it seems it has.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Flacco to the ir

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So whats the actual trade?

Thomas for 2 picks? 3?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chen Kenichi posted:

Sent the trade Bloody. Hope it works!

Edit: And it seems it has.

OK. So, what picks should I record as changing hands?

Spermy Smurf posted:

So whats the actual trade?

Thomas for 2 picks? 3?

yeah this

Metapod posted:

Flacco to the ir

OK thanks

also lol nobody else even tried to get JJ Nelson, I was wondering if I was overpaying for this promising rookie who put up 22 points yesterday when given his first real chance of his NFL career, wheee

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

also lol nobody else even tried to get JJ Nelson, I was wondering if I was overpaying for this promising rookie who put up 22 points yesterday when given his first real chance of his NFL career, wheee

I made a drunk note to myself to look for him, then forgot.

He's WR4 (5?) on the depth chart but that'll change quickly if he gets another chance and blows it up.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

pre:
Team				Current total salary	Current salary cap space
First Down Syndrome		$198.50			$51.50
Who Da Titoons?			$214.00			$36.00
Percy Riot			$155.00			$95.00
Gridiron Chefs			$198.50			$51.50
Team McLean			$207.00			$43.00
Former Kicker Ray Finkle	$232.00			$18.00
Mediocre Cougars		$189.00			$61.00
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em	$247.50			$2.50
Concord Concordes		$217.00			$33.00
1017 BRICK SQUAD		$158.00			$92.00
Placeholder Team Name		$144.00			$106.00
Hawk Hunters			$199.50			$50.50
I audited the IR slots and made three corrections based on either me not noticing people posting IR moves or more likely three goons not mentioning them in the thread. :colbert:

This includes the DT trade, which I'll formally approve as soon as I know what draft pick(s) were exchanged.

e. And yes, it's time for my Hail Mary move against 1017 BRICK SQUAD... I'm starting Bryan Hoyer! Vs. the Saints! Please let him earn like 30 points like every other QB vs. the Saints for the last three+ games.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 25, 2015

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Moved Martellus Bennett to IR, took ASJ off

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Dt for first round

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Bloody posted:

Dt for first round

This.

Also forgot the WR limitations in that we can only roster 8 at a time so had to make a drop to accomodate.

And I wanted Hoyer again BOOOOOOOO :( NO is such a tasty matchup.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm starting Hoyer in both of my leagues, god I hope it pans out because I'm desperate for the wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Does Keuchly get bonus points for punching Romo in the head on the pick 6?

I think he should.

Edit: http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2015/NFL_COM/in-game-highlight/NFLCOM/REG/12/151126_cmp_kuechlys_back_to_back_353865_3200k.mp4

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 27, 2015