Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress giving anyone your login info for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mike-o posted:

gently caress giving anyone your login info for anything.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Rad Lieutenant
420pASSword69

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I DO NOT CONSENT TO THIS SEARCH OF MY PERSON

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I DO NOT CONSENT TO THIS SEARCH OF MY PERSON

Can USPP actually see any sites using their Netscape/AOL browsers?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Wow man we have a real website now and everything. That's just rude. We even have a twitter account!

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I'm the comma to tha top

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I'm the 3

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
want that ak

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

GunForumMeme posted:

Best BBQ is Carolina style.

:catbert:

Texas Road House is pretty legit, though.

South, maybe. That NC chopped stuff with vinegar is the worst BBQ, true fact.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Out of curiosity, did you guys apply to multiple departments when you were starting out, or just one? Did you take whichever offer came back first, or did you have the PD equivalent of a safety school? Is it a pain in the rear end having multiple background investigations being run on you at once?

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Out of curiosity, did you guys apply to multiple departments when you were starting out, or just one? Did you take whichever offer came back first, or did you have the PD equivalent of a safety school? Is it a pain in the rear end having multiple background investigations being run on you at once?

My brother-in-law just went through this, he basically had to shotgun applications to departments and hope one sticks. The hiring process is so long, competitive, and there are so many steps where you can get cut make it extremely arduous. It's kind of crazy having multiple background investigators working with you and trying to figure out the status of your application/investigation to know if you should hope to get an offer from one department when another offers you a slot.

It's also why I don't put a whole lot of weight in people who put a lot of stock in pointing out that some or even most officers in X city don't live there. Sure it would be ideal but it's kind of crazy to expect them to move a few miles every time they get a new job. The city where you currently live, own a house, have established friends/family may not be hiring when you finish school or academy and your options require you to branch out. It's not unusual for people in general to live in a different city than where they work, I don't think it should be that big an issue. There's also times where, and some of the guys here have had this experience, where you get hired by department X and discover you really don't fit in at that department and switch to a different one. Should you be required to move you and your family every time you change somewhere? What if cost of living in the place you work is really high and you can save a lot of money by living just a little bit further away in a different town?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Dead Reckoning posted:

Shotgun approach. I think in my last semester of school I put out 10 applications. Some of them I didn't bother to follow up on, some of them I was disinterested in, others were just insanely slow. One application was processed three years after I had submitted my paperwork. Needless to say I already had my job at that point and it got promptly thrown in the shredder.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

There was a really cute lady cop directing traffic while I was walking back from the beach. What is the proper way to hit on a cute lady cop? You can direct my traffic any time?

I need assistance.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Be rich

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Be a lesbian

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

This is the proper way to hit on any woman.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Offer her a promotion.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
get her to pull you over and when you go to get your ID make sure she sees the magnum condom in the wallet.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

get her to pull you over and when you go to get your ID make sure she sees the magnum condom in the wallet.

Or just have your dick out.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Or just have your dick out.

Nah, you want to have the illusion of being well hung.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
thats why you fluff it up first while they make the approach so it looks better.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

thats why you fluff it up first while they make the approach so it looks better.

Yea, lol if you think I've ever let anyone see my unfluffed dick

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Yea, lol if you think I've ever let anyone see my unfluffed dick

god saw

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
also your mother, and probably your dad

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
baby dicks dont count

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

That's what she said

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Rad Lieutenant posted:

That's what she said

:thurman:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
An unarmed black man being beaten by a white officer while another one just watches and does nothing.

:v:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
NYPD really are the most racist.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Untagged posted:

An unarmed black man being beaten by a white officer while another one just watches and does nothing.

:v:

I don't know man, looks like the black guy is winning to me.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
don't those lazy cops have murderers and rapists they should be arresting instead of building trust with the community?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Nypd carrying.... Sigs? And old S&W auto?

I thought it was glocks with 1 ton triggers?

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Nypd carrying.... Sigs? And old S&W auto?

I thought it was glocks with 1 ton triggers?

Glocks, Sig 226s DAO, or DAO 5946 S&Ws. They're all modified to have a 12ish lb trigger.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Branis posted:

don't those lazy cops have murderers and rapists they should be arresting instead of building trust with the community?

muh tacks dollas aint payin for chess!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

12 pound trigger? Holy gently caress.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

12 pound trigger? Holy gently caress.

It used to be 50 pounds back in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
buncha nypd coppers came down with bad cases of glock leg after they switched to automatics

• Locked thread