Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Odd facts: Uranus doesn't even fit the planets' naming. The Roman primordial sky god and father of Saturn was called Caelus.

When the Romans encountered Judaism, to fit the monotheists into their syncretic beliefs, they decided Yahweh was Caelus and the Jews were focusing on him being the highest of deities.

Byzantine fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Apartment 3-G is not over my friends. Expect the next strip Monday from yours truly.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Byzantine posted:

Odd facts: Uranus doesn't even fit the planets' naming. The Roman primordial sky god and father of Saturn was called Caelus.

When the Romans encountered Judaism, to fit the monotheists into their syncretic beliefs, they decided Yahweh was Caelus and the Jews were focusing on him being the highest of deities.

Can we rename it, then? I mean, we already demoted Pluto...

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

RandomFerret posted:

Mandrake, do you even remember what your powers actually are? Those are still real guns they're shooting at you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwshjm52ngQ

I was thinking about the exact same scene when I read this comic.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

greatn posted:

Apartment 3-G is not over my friends. Expect the next strip Monday from yours truly.
:toot: Looking forward to it!

Outland

Michael Landon and his pancreatic cancer.

Ripley's

When the page first loaded, I thought they had something about Luis Guzmán in store.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Yeah they got their support. Oki's just waiting for the stock price to go down a bit to do a hostile takeover.

I think they're reading the thread, guys.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Wanamingo posted:

Andertoons

If this turkey is frightened of being killed and eaten then it should probably stop drinking gravy.

TeerZombie
Aug 5, 2003

Crush all hu-mans!

Darthemed posted:

Ripley's

When the page first loaded, I thought they had something about Luis Guzmán in store.

Hogeweyk is pretty amazing: http://twistedsifter.com/2015/02/amazing-village-in-netherlands-just-for-people-with-dementia/

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Catch-up day (Part 3)

At this point, Pogo is exactly one week behind what I was shooting for, which still puts me 500 years ahead of a group of explorers who are trying to draw a globe from scratch. (November 15-19, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Three (September 10-13, 1953)

Back To B.C.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (November 21, 1950)

Barnaby (April 28, 1942)

Nancy (January 6, 1943)

Krazy Kat (March 24, 1929)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cosima posted:

If this turkey is frightened of being killed and eaten then it should probably stop drinking gravy.
Please no victim blaming.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 06/08/14

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

"I'm going to work those seniors 20 hours a day but I wouldn't call them machines."

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

"No, I don't."

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Panel 3 would make great avatar material.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have to admit to skipping the past few pibgorns again. Are piss genie and robo schlong and pibgorn and demon lady working together now for some reason? I thought the first two and the last two were enemies again.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Simian_Prime posted:

Panel 3 would make great avatar material.

?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No Foxtrot this early I guess.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Topic of Dilbert, author Scott Adams recently wrote a post complaining about how he can't have sex unless the other party wants it as well, among other injustices in our "female-dominated country". (Link to someone taking apart his post rather than the post itself, which is linked there.) In case his recent comics haven't made clear that he's a massive rear end in a top hat.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

WAR ON CHRISTMAS :supaburn:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Topic of Dilbert, author Scott Adams recently wrote a post complaining about how he can't have sex unless the other party wants it as well, among other injustices in our "female-dominated country". (Link to someone taking apart his post rather than the post itself, which is linked there.) In case his recent comics haven't made clear that he's a massive rear end in a top hat.
:stare:

quote:

scott-adams-we-live-in-a-matriarchy-because-men-have-to-get-permission-for-sex
:stare:

gently caress you. gently caress you forever and I hope your comic fails, your house burns down and you slowly and painfully die after a poorly made suicide attempt. Oh noes a woman might not have sex with him despite that he spent money on her, maybe he should stick with prostitutes instead since that what's he's expecting. Maybe he could go for the ones who are in the country illegally too so he can more easily beat them and spit on them too.

quote:

Or maybe don’t invite Adams to any parties at all.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Roland Jones posted:

why

why did

why did you make us aware of this

:sadpeanut:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Phantom

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

What the hell does the Nomad even do besides sit around in the desert being smug?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

why

why did

why did you make us aware of this

:sadpeanut:

Scott Adams has been posting garbage to the internet for as long as there has been an internet. Whenever someone points out how dumb his opinions are, he always appeals to "hey, I'm just stimulating conversation with this interesting point of view and don't necessarily believe it!" He's been at it for at least 15 years. He's like a proto-mra who got frozen that way in 1995 and hasn't absorbed all the changes in being dumb on the internet since then.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Jack Gladney posted:

He's been at it for at least 15 years

i'd only just recovered from his attempt to astroturf metafilter 5 years ago :(

ANYWAY let's pour one out for Apartment 3G. Rye for Margo, irish coffee in a Starbuck's cup stashed behind the nurse's station for Tommie, and a white wine spritzer for Lu Ann. All to be drunk in an ever-expanding white void.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Outland

Ripley's

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County 2015

Peanuts teaches us there are some things even family won't do for you. (November 24, 1968)

Mopey Pete's Silver Age Fantasy Pin-Up

Back To B.C.

Out Our Way (April 20-21, 1928)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set innovates.

Working Daze does the twofer: a lazy nerd reference and a lazy technology joke.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is a pinnacle of 90's inclusiveness.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Please burn Working Daze to the loving ground

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

Scott Adams has been posting garbage to the internet for as long as there has been an internet. Whenever someone points out how dumb his opinions are, he always appeals to "hey, I'm just stimulating conversation with this interesting point of view and don't necessarily believe it!" He's been at it for at least 15 years. He's like a proto-mra who got frozen that way in 1995 and hasn't absorbed all the changes in being dumb on the internet since then.

When I used to read his blog he was very fond of posting something inflammatory and then when people gave him poo poo, claiming it was all a "thought experiment," and all you poor little fools who got upset played right into his hands! He's just an anthropologist, you guys! He is very fond of the Puppet Master play.

Of course, none of this changes the fact that:
1. It seems very clear that he really does believe the awful things he posts. If he doesn't, then he's a master of kayfabe.
2. Even if he doesn't believe that stuff and is only posting it so as to rationally observe and document the reaction to his action as a scientist might document a monkey's reaction to being poked with a stick, he's still a dick.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Namor just really needs a good yawn today.

Sally Forth

Hey, Ted. You've tried. This isn't doing you any good. It might be time. :sever:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Prince Valiant

Phantom Classic

Eeeugh. Panel 6. Come on. I think this is why we see a lot more *In the Bandar Tongue these days.

Big Ben Bolt

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I love Moomin :allears:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Idgi, did the scouts shanghai him? :confused:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Nenonen posted:

Idgi, did the scouts shanghai him? :confused:

I think the girls (including mom) are scouting for the boy who has hosed off.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Big Nate

Frazz

Ziggy

Cul de Sac

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

This year = 1960 based upon the cars in the parking lot.

Also:

How I imagine Lynn Johnston looks IRL

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 22, 2015

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze does the twofer: a lazy nerd reference and a lazy technology joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

A very friendly IHOP.

Mary Worth

Mary Worth is creepy as hell.

Rex Morgan MD

Everybody loves the loving Morgans.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

ANYWAY let's pour one out for Apartment 3G. Rye for Margo, irish coffee in a Starbuck's cup stashed behind the nurse's station for Tommie, and a white wine spritzer for Lu Ann. All to be drunk in an ever-expanding white void.
Frank Bolle put some effort into today's actual final for good strip and included these things called "backgrounds."

Apartment 3-G

Not sure what the deal is with that dog in the last panel. Maybe it's one of those porcelain animals like my grandmother has?

• Locked thread