Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Monathin posted:

PLAYOFF PICK'EM FINAL STATS

It was a long, and hard-fought battle, but in the end, only one person could win the coveted Sandwichpick.

Congratulations, Yaya! Stand proud with your new pick!

FINAL STANDINGS:

pre:
Yaya                39 Points
kw0134              34 Points
The Goog            32 Points
DOOP                29 Points
kensei              21 Points
DivineCoffeeBinge   18 Points
MooseOnTheLoose     12 Points
EclecticTastes       4 Points

quoting, for posterity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

UPON FURTHER REVIEW I AM BAD AT MATH

kw0134 actually wins pickem. I think. Recounting now.

Goddamn lousy pickem.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Good thing the draft hasn't gotten that far yet.

Also, don't just add the points up. Keep an extra cell in the spreadsheet so you can write the points won for that particular pick in it, then add them all up automatically. It makes it a lot more organized and easier to track down errors.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
This is the Gilbert Perreault lottery all over again god dammit

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
fairgame has officially displaced the marauder-bruzer trade for biggest ripoff of all time

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

gently caress MY loving rear end IT'S A TIE

THE PICK'EM'S A GOD DAMNED TIE

I HATE THE SUPER LEAGUE

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Monathin posted:

gently caress MY loving rear end IT'S A TIE

THE PICK'EM'S A GOD DAMNED TIE

I HATE THE SUPER LEAGUE

Alright, now just work out the tiebreaker. If we never determined one, count perfect picks for certain series (individual gauntlet rounds, playoff rounds). If there are none or it's a tie again... I don't loving know. One owner gets the player in the first half, one in the second half?

EDIT: If it's still a tie, try "most 'in X games' gotten right" or "most final game scores gotten close on".

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

You know what, gently caress it.

GIVE EM BOTH SANDWICH PICKS. We'll decide on tiebreakers next season.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Monathin posted:

You know what, gently caress it.

GIVE EM BOTH SANDWICH PICKS. We'll decide on tiebreakers next season.

I wasn't aware that you had the authority to hand out picks like that.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

CraigK posted:

fairgame has officially displaced the marauder-bruzer trade for biggest ripoff of all time

Wait what

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Because escaping what is apparently a festival of drama somehow was quite the bargain, I suppose.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I wasn't aware that you had the authority to hand out picks like that.

My reasonings are as follows, in which:

1. There has been no precedent set for what happens in the event of a playoff pickem tie, AND
2. Any precedent set as of this moment would be colored or biased by the results currently released. AND
3. That there is no just and fair way to decide exactly who should get the sandwich pick, considering the points one and two above AND
4. That adding another pick adds, at minimum, another 6-8 hours to the draft clock, allowing you, however small, some additional respite AND
5. That you making a decision on this would be way more trouble than if I just decided they both get a sandwich pick for a very unlikely occurrence, since I assumed you would rather not make a ruling on it.

I decided to do it to simplify the fighting over the tiebreaker, and simply resolve how to deal with ties next playoff pickem next season. It's an extraneous case that hasn't yet been covered, and will be resolved in the next patch of Playoff Pick'em rules.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Nov 22, 2015

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I suggest bumping those two picks to between the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Failure to be lucky enough to win doesn't deserve such a valuable reward, not to mention the concomitant damage to EC teams.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

If nothing else, wouldn't you like me to dither for unreasonable amounts of time over draft picks?

We'll take Ty Cobb 1917

LegendInTheMaking is up.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Hey LegendIntheMakin, remember how I advised you to pick up a few solid bats and maybe a good SP in the draft? I could hook you up with all of that for this pick just sayin~~~~~~~~~

Monicro fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 22, 2015

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I propose, as a solution, Monathin must run a 7 game series between the Ransom and Generics. Loser gets the sandwich pick.

Also, I'll throw this out there, if anyone wants a third round pick, I've got pick 42 available for the low low price of a 2B. I don't care about the bat that much, mostly just the glove. Somebody like Sandberg, Doerr, Joe Morgan, maybe Frankie Frisch. It might have to wait until the pick comes up, but either way, let me know if you're interested.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Monicro posted:

Hey LegendIntheMakin, remember how I advised you to pick up a few solid bats and maybe a good SP in the draft? I could hook you up with all of that for this pick just sayin~~~~~~~~~

What would the offer be?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

The Merry Marauder posted:

I suggest bumping those two picks to between the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Failure to be lucky enough to win doesn't deserve such a valuable reward, not to mention the concomitant damage to EC teams.

This right here

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Leave the pick where it is and make them come to a consensus on who should be drafted when the pick comes... THEN decide who gets to keep the player.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Add Marty Bergen to the pool and then let both owners split one player, King Solomon style.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
I'm fairly ambivalent.

Let's put it to a vote!

Should both teams who won the tiebreaker get a sandwich pick?

A. Yes!

B. No!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

A. Yes!

only because it's EC teams.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I vote Yes!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

DannoMack posted:

Leave the pick where it is and make them come to a consensus on who should be drafted when the pick comes... THEN decide who gets to keep the player.

Each team gets the player for half the season.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I'm obviously biased but Yes. The draft is deep and at this rate there will still be plenty of choices down to the 4th round.

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Should both teams who won the tiebreaker get a sandwich pick?

A. Yes!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Yes

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ice To Meet You posted:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Ice To Meet You posted:

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I vote no because that is the least funny outcome!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Ice To Meet You posted:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I vote yes because if I were in their shoes it'd be the resolution I'd want.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I say Yes to two picks but me and kw's votes probably don't count.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

No because less sandwich picks is better for me

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
I vote we break the tie by having each player secretly submit a mock draft for the rest of the first round, which each correct pick being worth one point and each player not drafted worth -1. ;)

LegendInTheMakin
Oct 4, 2015
With the 7th overall pick in the Dispersal Draft XVII, and the inaugural pick of their franchise, the St. Maarten Storm select '53 Stan Musial.

*Jersey presentation ceremony, pose for pictures, etc.*

Now on the clock, The Goog Day.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Anyone who is coming up with solutions to the tied pick 'em that involve me doing more work now or in the future clearly do not understand how the Super-League works.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Anyone who is coming up with solutions to the tied pick 'em that involve me doing more work now or in the future clearly do not understand how the Super-League works.

If we actually did my mostly-joke idea I would be happy to run it.

LegendInTheMakin posted:

With the 7th overall pick in the Dispersal Draft XVII, and the inaugural pick of their franchise, the St. Maarten Storm select '53 Stan Musial.

*Jersey presentation ceremony, pose for pictures, etc.*

Now on the clock, The Goog Day.

:woop:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

code:
<SmasherDynamo> They both get sandwich picks, and EVERYONE SHUT UP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
As always, I am open to trading anything and everything--including, perhaps most relevantly, the current pick in the Dispersal Draft.

Hit me up on Twitter or AIM (googthegoog in both places, and yes I am an old person who uses AIM). I'll make a decision no later than midnight tonight.