Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

It's pretty awesome

I guess if you're a youngster who doesn't remember when Square bailed on Nintendo and put 7 on PS1 and not Nintendo, you might not get why this is kind of a big thing to have the main character of the game where they jumped ship show up in Smash

Like he even says "never thought I'd see the day", they know.

I basically lived in an isolation cube for like six years. It wasn't till like sixth grade that I started getting onto the internet and stuff besides just flash games. I didn't know anything about games or how they were made or anything. If it was advertised as fun and had characters in it that I liked that was about it. So, I actually had no idea that was a deal that was supposed to happen once upon a time. It makes Cloud being in Smash a bit better connected than the one- kinda integral to the story, if you care- spin off game that he was in functioning as a tether.

pulp rag posted:

Because Pat "I KNOW WHAT THIS IS" Theorycrafter and Liam "Skullface was totally justified" Avocado are batshit insane.

Liam's terrible with words but he just meant he can understand Skullface's motivations and why he started doing all this poo poo.

I don't think he'd advocate against putting him up for war crimes for all of it though but he understands why he started doing all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Liam is actually enacting Skullface's plan IRL, but against big booties and people who don't watch anime

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Who the hell could possibly dislike big booties

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
People who have played Phantom Pain: roughly how many episodes are left, do you reckon?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

People who have played Phantom Pain: roughly how many episodes are left, do you reckon?

Not many. Phantom Pain ends kinda abruptly.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, part 3 of Mirror's Edge is literally "gently caress ELEVATORS gently caress THEM".

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

This could of been the final video honestly

There's a super, super tiny cutscene at the end of this mission and Paz if they give a poo poo but Paz like everything else adds nothing and ugh this LP was a mistaaake

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So no more twists, in the end it's ~GREATEST SOLDIER IN THE WORLD: ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL~?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The Phantom Pain LP is cool and good actually

I'd say they have about 2-4 episodes left depending if they they listen to all the post game cassettes and watch Mission 51

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The LP is fine, the game is a bit dry at parts, but it was good. :shrug:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I'd guess two more, one to finish the mission and the last as a Paz and other loose ends roundup. It could very well end on the next one.

I for one have really enjoyed the LP of MGSV, it was a lot of fun and not being a huge MGS fan, it was really interesting to see the reactions of people who have more context for the events of the game. It does suffer from the same problems of pacing that the game itself suffers from, but overall still a very fun ride.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This could of been the final video honestly

There's a super, super tiny cutscene at the end of this mission and Paz if they give a poo poo but Paz like everything else adds nothing and ugh this LP was a mistaaake

um hold on they still have all the best tapes in the game to mostly talk over

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'd be interested in seeing them watch the mission 51 video.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The Paz subplot is like the most well done part of MGSV and foreshadows the twist if you do it before The Truth.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I love that Pat and Liam were wrong to the very end. (Regarding Paz) The reason that the revised cutscene is different is because it's all PTSD lies. Paz totally died and Venom blamed himself for not finding the vagina bomb. They'd know that if they gave hallucination Paz all of the photos.

edit: Oh I'm late to the Paz chat welp.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 23, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The true final battle is finally beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68MgWUyPy1c

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ROW ROW FIGHT THE FLOWER

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Rhonne posted:

The true final battle is finally beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68MgWUyPy1c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z85FL6R2LQw

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Also, since they didn't go on the walk, here's what happens if you walk back to the first room in the game: Spoilers obviously.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 23, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"Dodge her attacks"

I'm sobbing. And now hoping for the Genocide to come

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyBOGXSiRg8

Finally, I can post this.

This is the thread for the next thirty pages.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"Dodge her attacks"

I'm sobbing. And now hoping for the Genocide to come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3RC61siJck

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the last few music tracks of undertale are real good.

like, really good.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Roobanguy posted:

the [...] music tracks of undertale are real good.

like, really good.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

im not saying the other ones are bad, they are also really good. but the last few are really good.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
end to the ppv was good

I know the zaibatsu are hit n miss on WWE ppv but please make fun of Roman reigns

e: http://i.imgur.com/35oSjAq.jpg

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
What's the deal with you guys harping on liam for censorship? do you not like to see experience how they were originally meant to be? I really don't give a rats rear end sexy poo poo changed specifically, but I think it's garbage no matter what it happens to.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mesothelioma posted:

What's the deal with you guys harping on liam for censorship? do you not like to see experience how they were originally meant to be? I really don't give a rats rear end sexy poo poo changed specifically, but I think it's garbage no matter what it happens to.

So I assume that you exclusively play japanese games in japanese? And only play the earliest possible betas of games?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
For me because it's usually just cosmetic stuff that has no bearing to gameplay or relevant content. Like Woolie and Pat say, if the bad angles in SF5 stay to cover up the sexy then boo because those angles are bad, but if they end up replaced entirely with new animations then yeah, who cares if it was censored there's still a good thing there.

No story elements change by aging up those kids in Bravely Default, and you don't lose scariness because of being unable to put girls in flimsy bikinis in Fatal Frame 5

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

For me because it's usually just cosmetic stuff that has no bearing to gameplay or relevant content. Like Woolie and Pat say, if the bad angles in SF5 stay to cover up the sexy then boo because those angles are bad, but if they end up replaced entirely with new animations then yeah, who cares if it was censored there's still a good thing there.

No story elements change by aging up those kids in Bravely Default, and you don't lose scariness because of being unable to put girls in flimsy bikinis in Fatal Frame 5

I can't imagine that those angles were anything other than placeholders.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

So I assume that you exclusively play japanese games in japanese? And only play the earliest possible betas of games?

Personally, I don't play any game that has anything beyond a single letter of code.

If I find out they hit backspace even once during the making of their game I'm gonna fuckin' lose it I swear

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Improbable Lobster posted:

I can't imagine that those angles were anything other than placeholders.

Literally what I've been assuming the whole time. That, or someone hosed up an integer in a patch, then tried to fix it and got close enough.

3D animation cameras are loving crazy.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Stupid game devs taking bugs out of games. STOP CENSORING BUGS GAME DEVS

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

pulp rag posted:

3D animation cameras are loving crazy.
"Hm... what was the vector order again? Eh, gently caress it... *type type type*"
*camera corkscrews up Ryu's nostril*
:stare:

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Way to strawman, miss the original point, and be outstandingly obnoxious about it. Coming from a thread that complains about Pat, you sure take on a lot his negative aspects.

Look, all i'm saying in an ideal world an artist shouldn't have to sacrifice his vision for any reason. Why are you guys so against that? Do you like people loving with a creative vision? I for one don't. If you disagree, that's fine but I don't get the hostility from you about this subject at all.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mesothelioma posted:

Way to strawman, miss the original point, and be outstandingly obnoxious about it. Coming from a thread that complains about Pat, you sure take on a lot his negative aspects.

Look, all i'm saying in an ideal world an artist shouldn't have to sacrifice his vision for any reason. Why are you guys so against that? Do you like people loving with a creative vision? I for one don't. If you disagree, that's fine but I don't get the hostility from you about this subject at all.

Mesothelioma posted:

Way to strawman, miss the original point, and be outstandingly obnoxious about it.

Pat and Liam's point, at least about the SF5 thing is "No don't change it because we've already seen one version we know what it was suppose to be!" not that the changes had anything to do with artistic intention or why the changes happened/were happening. Liam literally said "Don't change it once you've shown one version of it" which is a really loving stupid point to make, not even talking about censorship or anything like that, especially when it's in a game that's still, at least in the words of it's developers, still in development. It's the same thing like complaining that the character design isn't 100% like what the concept art you were previously shown looks like. poo poo changes in both artistic endeavors and in commercial productions as they're being made, it's both the creative process and how loving marketing/commercial design works. It has nothing to do with censorship, at least in the way you're using the word.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 23, 2015

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Look, I'm going to just drop the subject right now completely for the threads sake.

Honestly, watching Mirror's Edge reminds me of the fact want to watch the zaibatsu crush more in video games.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Mesothelioma posted:

Look, all i'm saying in an ideal world an artist shouldn't have to sacrifice his vision for any reason. Why are you guys so against that? Do you like people loving with a creative vision?

You are talking about an anime game titty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

fatherboxx posted:

You are talking about an anime game titty

An anime game titty design to sell to as many people as possible. Truly, a bastion of artistic freedom has been destroyed, all because they decided to change an art asset so they could sell the game to more people.

Shameful.