Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

mAlfunkti0n posted:

I just bought a new car. I wanted a higher sitting vehicle so I stopped plowing snow with my Focus on our terrible long gravel driveway that our little community here never plows.

Sharp looking car! I've said it a million times but I don't understand why anyone chooses Hondas and toyotas of the day when you can have the current style language of Mazdas entire lineup. Even the cars from 10 years ago have held up much better when placed next to their vanilla beige Nippon counterparts.

About that front plate though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Sharp looking car! I've said it a million times but I don't understand why anyone chooses Hondas and toyotas of the day when you can have the current style language of Mazdas entire lineup. Even the cars from 10 years ago have held up much better when placed next to their vanilla beige Nippon counterparts.

Mazdas are rear end ugly right now, sadly.

I'm considering turning my motorcycle payout into halfway into a new Fit if I can't find a replacement bike I like.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

all the mazda 3s I've seen have had the rear quarter panels rusting out and it doesn't even snow that much here

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

PCOS Bill posted:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder sir :colbert:

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm considering turning my motorcycle payout into halfway into a new Fit if I can't find a replacement bike I like.

I test drove a 2016 Fit a few weeks ago, before deciding on my 2015 civic. I gotta say, it was surprisingly fun with the 6 speed manual box. It's no race car, but it felt good and zippy.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I really wish they'd do a Fit with a K-series or a Mazda2 with a Skyactiv. Either one of those should be a loving riot and still get stupid high gas mileage, in the vein of an original CRX or GTI.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

IOwnCalculus posted:

I really wish they'd do a Fit with a K-series or a Mazda2 with a Skyactiv. Either one of those should be a loving riot and still get stupid high gas mileage, in the vein of an original CRX or GTI.

Just build this, I am sure it will be cheap! :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWHlaShvLz4

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

IOwnCalculus posted:

You can buy a current gen Mazda 2 in Puerto Rico. It has the 1.3 or 1.5, I dunno which.
Edit:
http://www.mazdapr.com/especificaciones/mazda2
1.5 with only 100hp?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CharlesM posted:

You can buy a current gen Mazda 2 in Puerto Rico. It has the 1.3 or 1.5, I dunno which.
Edit:
http://www.mazdapr.com/especificaciones/mazda2
1.5 with only 100hp?

The latin america mazda 2 is built in colombia, which has a requirement that as of 2014 80% of vehicles under 2.0 liters built there have to be flex fuel, and E85 compatible, and by 2016 it's 100%.

The "sonic GT RS" is only a 115hp 1.6L when in north america we get the 140hp turbo 1.4

https://www.chevrolet.com.co/sonic-rs-carro-juvenil.html

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Puerto Rico is part of the United States and it's being built in Mexico.

edit: Anyways the page still has the specs of the old model so I was looking at the old specs. I don't know if the Mazda is identical but the scion ia version has 106hp and much better mileage numbers than the previous-gen Mazda 2.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 14, 2015

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

I was pretty un-AI and sold my Pug 205gti(which needed work) and bought a boring Honda(which goes :) 3L V6 )

niice road in NZ

winding road by Marc, on Flickr

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Raikyn posted:

I was pretty un-AI and sold my Pug 205gti(which needed work) and bought a boring Honda(which goes :) 3L V6 )

niice road in NZ

Wanna go there.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Raikyn posted:

niice road in NZ

I always hated the taillights on these cars. I think they look great from the front and the interiors are excellent, but they just look dopey from the back.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Bay area traffic is a fuckin' blast when you're bigger than everybody.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Raikyn posted:

niice road in NZ

The South Island has some wonderful alpine roads, almost matches what Europe has. And there's bugger all traffic

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

cursedshitbox posted:

Bay area traffic is a fuckin' blast when you're bigger than everybody.

That looks loving awesome.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

You Am I posted:

The South Island has some wonderful alpine roads, almost matches what Europe has. And there's bugger all traffic
Yup, love all of that when we went there for my honeymoon. So many amazing views, amazing roads and no one around so we could thrash the hell out of our little rental.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Haven't posted my 'new' car yet:

('92 200E 5-speed manual)

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
Nice w126 DOUBLE-U-ONE-TWENTY-FOUR, wish they put 5 speeds in them over here. A 5 speed diesel would be tits...

EDIT: I'm bad at car identification :P

chrisgt fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 23, 2015

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I'd love a 5 speed in mine, the automatic is the only thing that really annoys me about that car.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Cached Money posted:

Haven't posted my 'new' car yet:

('92 200E 5-speed manual)

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Where did you find this picture of me???

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
Got a new DSLR, took the vette out to practice manually taking pictures in low-light conditions. Still learning, obviously, but made some pictures of a pretty car.

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm
Beautiful car. My fiance and I are really hoping to be able to own a C7 within 5 years.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Linux Nazi posted:

Got a new DSLR, took the vette out to practice manually taking pictures in low-light conditions. Still learning, obviously, but made some pictures of a pretty car.

Nice pics, a little bit of criticality: you should learn to manually set your white balance, and I don't mean that in a your pics suck kind of way, you will learn to love manual white balance. Also, put a sheet of white paper in your camera bag or what have you.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

SaNChEzZ posted:

Nice pics, a little bit of criticality: you should learn to manually set your white balance, and I don't mean that in a your pics suck kind of way, you will learn to love manual white balance. Also, put a sheet of white paper in your camera bag or what have you.

Oh totally. I actually used a couple of settings for white balance, but selected this because I wanted it to look like it looked in the light. Which was a very yellow streetlamp.

The second photo was overexposed, by others from that angel were a little under.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
Sodium vapor lamps dont output a full spectrum of light so you cant white balance them. Best to just embrace the color or change to black and white.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I take pictures with my phone and i don't give a gently caress.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Now that looks like some good clean old fashioned fun

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I, too, use my phone most of the time and give no fucks.

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS
My beloved Challenger was destroyed and I didn't want to subject a Comanche or Neon ACR to whatever excessive road salt Asheville puts down. Enter this loving amazing box.

1985 Volvo 245GLT with bailing-wire-hung side dump exhaust, Hurst shifter (with electronic overdrive button), IPD swaybars, and an odometer that borked out with 253,700mo some time ago. As someone who designs turbos for a living, I should hate this bygone relic. But I don't. God bless three-second turbo lag with what feels like an exponential torque curve. God bless mechanical fuel injection that spits flames out of the sidepipe if you shift it just right. God bless the blade pass frequency relentlessly bombarding everyone involved.

I always had a healthy respect for 240s but this is just a fantastic car apart from the fact that it sprays coolant all over my feet.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

OneOverZero posted:

I always had a healthy respect for 240s but this is just a fantastic car apart from the fact that it sprays coolant all over my feet.

It's just marking it's territory. Namely, you.

Also, you're making me want to sell my Corvette, get a ratty two door Volvo, and built the hairiest, angriest NA LSx imaginable for it. Just complete overkill. On factory width tires.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

NitroSpazzz posted:

AI has a growing collection of awesome cars but this might be my favorite car at the moment. Great photos

Cheers. A lot. Heres a bigger version from the same day.

picnic then.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

SaNChEzZ posted:

Don't worry about the paper though, you can just use your car. If your car isn't always in the shot make sure you rotate the lens enough so that it is in the shot. If you find yourself inside a building walk outside to where you parked your car and shoot away!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

MrYenko posted:

It's just marking it's territory. Namely, you.

Also, you're making me want to sell my Corvette, get a ratty two door Volvo, and built the hairiest, angriest NA LSx imaginable for it. Just complete overkill. On factory width tires.

"Volvette"

Although, I think that one's turbo'd.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Raluek posted:

"Volvette"

Although, I think that one's turbo'd.

Twin turbo'd and awesome. I always loved the turbo manifolds

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

I <3 my truck.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

OneOverZero posted:

Volvo Brick :words:

More details please :allears:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://youtu.be/j1wIDNHudrM

Your move, shitlords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
That video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing.