Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Takoluka posted:

No, but I am surprised that internet video game nerds manage to avoid the Ducktales Moon theme for 25 years.

I'm almost 30 and never had access to a NES. These things happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Roro posted:

Ducks are rapists and should be shunned from society. The monsters.

I still find it pretty hilarious that male and female Ducks are in an endless genital arms race.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Takoluka posted:

No, but I am surprised that internet video game nerds manage to avoid the Ducktales Moon theme for 25 years.
In one of the other PYF's (Or maybe even this one???) people hadn't heard Tim Follin's stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQlLl2j5THQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT1adGiBXFs
He was also recently behind this game:

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

That looks familiar...

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

FunMerrania posted:

That looks familiar...

Criminal scum indeed.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

The first thing that popped into my head:

https://youtu.be/7gjfZABX8Kw?t=1m3s

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Full post here

Makes me want to do a Man on Fire build for my next Fallout run.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
How did that happen? I jumped in some molten metal and nothing. It was like, a foot deep. I hid corpses in it. That's rad.

I love fallout's bears.

I took this screenshot a few feet away from a deathclaw. There was another bear just hovering in the sky. After I shot the deathclaw in the face, a third bear fell on the deathclaw.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwYQ0zGj-WU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykzv6MTe-Qc

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
How did you people play that game without dying from ear poisoning

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

moist turtleneck posted:

How did you people play that game without dying from ear poisoning

Don't wiggle the cartridge and you're usually fine.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Assassins Creed: Syndicate threw me a good one just then.

Early in the game, you win a gang fight and earn a train. The fight against the "boss" of the area is a tough one, I guess, on the roof of the train. The first try, he killed me, the second try he just walked off the edge and died, so that was easy.

The cutscene immediately afterwards has you going into the train and talking to the woman who runs it and offering to keep her on while you take over ownership of the train. Except... well, the character Jacob (one of the main characters you play as) was fine, but his sister Evie (the other player character) got stuck in the doorway, and she's supposed to walk around the cabin gestulating and talking. She does all that, but while standing/moonwalking in the doorway in the background while Jacob stares interestedly at the space where she's supposed to be. Then in comes Greene, another character, carrying a stack of books and papers. Except, he's invisible. So Jacob talks to a floating pile of books for a bit. Evie does too, but she's still in the doorway with her back to the room, being very animated to the outside air.

Go Ubisoft.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I gave one of the companions in Fallout 4, Ken Valentine, a Fat Man. Ken proceeded to disappear from my side when I entered a building that happened to be full of enemies. Ken was loose in the building somewhere responding to the enemies threats.

Ready to fire upon them with miniature nukes.

I pretty much turned the game into a survival horror game.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

SuddenCactus posted:

I gave one of the companions in Fallout 4, Ken Valentine, a Fat Man. Ken proceeded to disappear from my side when I entered a building that happened to be full of enemies. Ken was loose in the building somewhere responding to the enemies threats.

I have no idea why you would ever give a follower that thing in this game, you're basically asking to be atomized the picosecond a mole rat pops out of the ground next to you.

... actually, carry on.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

President Ark posted:

I have no idea why you would ever give a follower that thing in this game, you're basically asking to be atomized the picosecond a mole rat pops out of the ground next to you.

... actually, carry on.

There's a perk that makes you immune to friendly fire from companions. Since companions magically have infinite ammo, giving him a Fat Man would be hilarious under those circumstances.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

SuddenCactus posted:

This is actually really funny, I'm gonna give one to Piper.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Speaking of Fallout - is it like other Bethesda games where you can get all min/max and break the game over your knees by making stuff with ridiculously insane stats?

Skyrim had the enchanting/alchemy feedback loop which let you make weapons and armour so powerful they caused overflow errors.

Oblivion had the super crafting menu that let you make poo poo like a ring which made anyone who wore it light on fire and slowly burn to death.

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006
[Insert good English here]

Gorilla Salad posted:

Speaking of Fallout - is it like other Bethesda games where you can get all min/max and break the game over your knees by making stuff wit

Fallout 3 is, definitely. I'm doing a break-the-game run with crazy sneak and small guns stats.

I'm at the point where I can knock a guy out point-blank with a Gauss rifle, do zero damage, and he'll get up and continue his patrol normally. Or patrolling Enclave will rotate their heads unnaturally - they're fixed on my position, but can't statistically "see" me, which breaks their animations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Speaking of Fallout - is it like other Bethesda games where you can get all min/max and break the game over your knees by making stuff with ridiculously insane stats?

Skyrim had the enchanting/alchemy feedback loop which let you make weapons and armour so powerful they caused overflow errors.

Oblivion had the super crafting menu that let you make poo poo like a ring which made anyone who wore it light on fire and slowly burn to death.

Fallout's always been a lot more confined than that. Not to say you can't be stupidly overpowered, it's just that there's no mechanisms to make things that do five-digit damage every second or something. Fallout 4's got some pretty heavy customization going on, which I can already see is a really fun system, but I doubt it's as absurdly broken.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The most broken thing I've mostly seen with weapon modding is that magazines for bullet weapons is 'broken' in the way that Larger mags reload just as fast as a Quick mag so there's no point in not using them :shrug:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Lord Dudeguy posted:

Fallout 3 is, definitely. I'm doing a break-the-game run with crazy sneak and small guns stats.

I'm at the point where I can knock a guy out point-blank with a Gauss rifle, do zero damage, and he'll get up and continue his patrol normally. Or patrolling Enclave will rotate their heads unnaturally - they're fixed on my position, but can't statistically "see" me, which breaks their animations.

In 3 you could max out your sneak and unarmed (melee?) and just go around with the Chinese stealth armor and deathclaw gauntlet. You could walk right up to almost anyone and stab them to death in one hit and their buddies would never know you were there.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I think the closest thing I've seen to "gamebreaking" come out of Fallout 4 is that there's a really strong gun you can see in a locked case in the vault you start the game in and it needs at least 2 points in lockpicking to access, except the dog companion you get ~10 minutes later has the ability to fetch items and is capable of grabbing the gun from the case, but even then that's less "completely break the game to your whims" and more "have a really powerful gun way earlier than you normally would"

I'm pretty sure that the game was designed with weird poo poo in mind, given that there's a super mutant whose sole purpose is to run up to you and football spike a mininuke on your face.

President Ark has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Nov 23, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

President Ark posted:

I think the closest thing I've seen to "gamebreaking" come out of Fallout 4 is thatthere's a really strong gun you can see in a locked case in the vault you start the game in and it needs at least 2 points in lockpicking to access, except the dog companion you get ~10 minutes later has the ability to fetch items and is capable of grabbing the gun from the case, but even then that's less "completely break the game to your whims" and more "have a really powerful gun way earlier than you normally would"

Cryolator isn't that great. It's basically a flamethrower if I remember right from the like three minutes of testing I did when I grabbed it, and early on you're so fragile that the slowed movement speed and limited range of it means enemies will just shoot you in the face before you can hurt them with it. It seems like it's mostly a novelty weapon. What is kind of gamebreaking is that there's a legendary modifier that doubles your damage if the enemy has full health. By default stealth attacks with guns make you do 2.0x damage as well, plus whatever the critical attack modifier is. Get an instigator modifier on a sniper early on and you can just snipe loving everything since crits don't ever miss and the doubled stealth critical will just destroy everything.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Baron von Eevl posted:

In 3 you could max out your sneak and unarmed (melee?) and just go around with the Chinese stealth armor and deathclaw gauntlet. You could walk right up to almost anyone and stab them to death in one hit and their buddies would never know you were there.

The most broken weapon with that build is the Terrible Shotgun. Most weapons do extra damage on a critical hit, and a stealth attack is a guaranteed critical that ignores armour and deals double damage. The Terrible Shotgun applies the critical bonus for each buckshot pellet that hits the target, so a single stealth shot at close range can kill anything except an Albino Radscorpion.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
If you don't turn your companions into space marines with flaming swords and power armor you're not playing Fallout the right way, I'm sorry. :colbert:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

Well, in 4 you can do something else. If you get enough AGI, you can get two perks, Blitz and Ninja. Ninja applies a massive stealth bonus to your melee attacks if you remain undetected, while Blitz allows you to close a lot of distance while attacking melee with VATS. Combined with Big Leagues, a perk that makes your melee weapons do up to double damage, you can get some pretty broken stuff, like this

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kikas posted:

Well, in 4 you can do something else. If you get enough AGI, you can get two perks, Blitz and Ninja. Ninja applies a massive stealth bonus to your melee attacks if you remain undetected, while Blitz allows you to close a lot of distance while attacking melee with VATS. Combined with Big Leagues, a perk that makes your melee weapons do up to double damage, you can get some pretty broken stuff, like this

Man, same in skyrim. You could get yourself armor and skills that made sneak attacks do 8x damage and then get a dagger that double too so that's 16x damage and you could oneshot dragons with it, I hope melee in these games never stops being some absurd poo poo :allears:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Volt Catfish posted:

Man, same in skyrim. You could get yourself armor and skills that made sneak attacks do 8x damage and then get a dagger that double too so that's 16x damage and you could oneshot dragons with it, I hope melee in these games never stops being some absurd poo poo :allears:

The dagger sneak perk gives a 15x damage if you strike while hidden. There's also a special pair of gloves that double backstab damage that can be acquired through a questchain that utilises stealth. They stack, giving 30x damage. You can then enchant a ring to give you further backstab mayhem. Not to mention that the last perk in the Sneak chain grants you a sneak reset if you're detected, meaning that if you work it right, you can lure a dragon to the ground, reset your sneak so it can't see you and backstab it to instantly kill it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Foxhound posted:

If you don't turn your companions into space marines with flaming swords and power armor you're not playing Fallout the right way, I'm sorry. :colbert:

I have a whole town of fenced in naked people guarded by vaguely hostile rogue sentries. Which is also a glitch, there's one town that has defensive sentries already placed except they don't get counted as the town's defenses when you take over and if you place your own turrets they'll shoot it to death super fast.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Nuebot posted:

I have a whole town of fenced in naked people guarded by vaguely hostile rogue sentries. Which is also a glitch, there's one town that has defensive sentries already placed except they don't get counted as the town's defenses when you take over and if you place your own turrets they'll shoot it to death super fast.
Can they see the turrets if they're completely enclosed?

Becuase having enough Defense wll keep raiders and such from attacking at all, so a tower full of turrets which can't see out or anything seems like it should do the job just fine.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Zereth posted:

Can they see the turrets if they're completely enclosed?

Becuase having enough Defense wll keep raiders and such from attacking at all, so a tower full of turrets which can't see out or anything seems like it should do the job just fine.

It's more like a pig pen, really. Open skies and they can frolic in the grass and mud to their heart's content. But yeah I'm sure the neutral sentries could handle any raiders that show up

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roro posted:

The dagger sneak perk gives a 15x damage if you strike while hidden. There's also a special pair of gloves that double backstab damage that can be acquired through a questchain that utilises stealth. They stack, giving 30x damage. You can then enchant a ring to give you further backstab mayhem. Not to mention that the last perk in the Sneak chain grants you a sneak reset if you're detected, meaning that if you work it right, you can lure a dragon to the ground, reset your sneak so it can't see you and backstab it to instantly kill it.

It's not a glitch, but there's one dagger in Skyrim that has like a 2% chance to instantly kill the target no matter how much health it has. This works on every killable entity in the game including the end boss.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

haveblue posted:

It's not a glitch, but there's one dagger in Skyrim that has like a 2% chance to instantly kill the target no matter how much health it has. This works on every killable entity in the game including the end boss.

In Final Fantasy Legend on Gameboy the end boss is Creator.

He can be one-shot with the weapon "Saw"

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Wheany posted:

In Final Fantasy Legend on Gameboy the end boss is Creator.

He can be one-shot with the weapon "Saw"

To be more exact, someone goofed up - the code was suppose to be that the higher your strength was verses the enemy's defense, the more likely it'd instant-kill. But someone accidentally reversed it, so it's far more likely to proc when your enemy is a beefwall.

Given this is a SAGA game where coding is even more 'spit and a prayer' than usual due to the director wanting to make sure the game surprises even him, it's sometimes amazing the games can even function.

Robindaybird has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Nov 23, 2015

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

SuddenCactus posted:

Is the glitch that Nick Valentine has the wrong name? The rest seems perfectly normal.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Unfortunately if you're gonna give a follower a Fat Man, you'll need to stock them full of Mini-Nukes since they will use ammo for firing. But you can give them modified guns that retain their stats so they'll fire off MIRV nukes if you make it so. :getin:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Nuebot posted:

How did that happen? I jumped in some molten metal and nothing. It was like, a foot deep. I hid corpses in it. That's rad.

I love fallout's bears.

I took this screenshot a few feet away from a deathclaw. There was another bear just hovering in the sky. After I shot the deathclaw in the face, a third bear fell on the deathclaw.

:hfive:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc ???

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Nuebot posted:

I don't know how it worked in those photos, but I've had no problem dunking corpses and getting them to look like that for a minute or two before just going totally black. You're right, though, that some of the molten metal containers don't do anything at all; I had success with the really huge one in the Forged hideout that's not in the blast furnace and has a lip on/near the ground.

Grey Fox has a new favorite as of 01:20 on Nov 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

I was playing survival mode on star wars battlefront today, I shot a jump trooper while he was hovering, and he went straight up into the ceiling, got stuck and started ragdolling across the ceiling, finally he died and fell to the ground.