Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I can only hope that this not only somehow works, but comes back later as The Usagi Technique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
bets that if this works she names him Tuxedo

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Given her key, I wouldn't be surprised if she outright forced the mask onto him. What happens then, who knows, but it'll be interesting, whatever happens.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh Allison :allears:

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

idonotlikepeas posted:

Our devil-summoning friends had this mask several pages ago:

Aha! I was wondering where she found it or how she managed to make it so rapidly...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SexyBlindfold posted:

I love that Allison's superpower is being really, really good at not knowing what the everloving gently caress she's doing

For one moment I wondered if I was in the SFP thread.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Cat Mattress posted:

For one moment I wondered if I was in the SFP thread.

unlike that comic, this one has an actual strong female protagonist.

fake edit: Also less goons being complete babies about webcomics.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

I love that Allison's superpower is being really, really good at not knowing what the everloving gently caress she's doing

Pree Aesma would be proud.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Strength born from Want, and what she wants is to not get eviscerated by primal chaos.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm less mad at SFP than some people, but this comic is definitely doing a much better job of having a heroine who cries, runs away, and does stupid things while still making her seem likeable and occasionally badass.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ive never read SFP but the impression i get from Allison is that her entire experience in Throne is one long bout of sensory overload interspersed with moments of "holy poo poo thats awesome". my favorite line so far is from when shes watching movies with her friends and says something to the effect that the princess should stay in her tower, because at least its safe. its very telling that she makes the decision to go back for Zaid, despite him being kind of a creep.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Oxxidation posted:

Pree Aesma would be proud.

Aesma certainly seems the type to be happiest when humans are causing as much trouble as possible for everyone else in Throne and would probably really approve of masking devils.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
it is pleasing to Pree Aesma, wisest student of Yisun, that nerds should get fukken rekt comprehensively at all times

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Am I the only one that thinks it would be fun to divvy up the parts and try to edit together an musical number?

For the bits where everyone is singing along, you'd have one person record themselves singing on youtube, and everyone would record themselves while watching the recording on near-silent. Then layer it all together.

Oh, um, this happened.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-v-SkO3tsV8elF3WHdad2Z0TkU/view?usp=sharing

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Mile'ionaha posted:

Am I the only one that thinks it would be fun to divvy up the parts and try to edit together an musical number?

For the bits where everyone is singing along, you'd have one person record themselves singing on youtube, and everyone would record themselves while watching the recording on near-silent. Then layer it all together.

I'd be up for it, but I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I pulled out both dialog and music, with some notation on tone and emotive quality.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18BbdwxQK-SOxJFTEsaeMwrwOrmMl2yQE0dARdqMIDao/edit?usp=sharing

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I'd be up for it and can carry a tune in a bucket, tho it may leak.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I have now read Kill Six Billion Demons.
I feel like I understand less than I should, but more than what I did the first time I tried to.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Kill Six Billion Demons is often made out to be way way more confusing than it actually is and I don't know why.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons is often made out to be way way more confusing than it actually is and I don't know why.

remember when goons needed a dissertation to get the jokes in Perry Bible Fellowship

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

It is of course possible that I might simply be an idiot.

Things that I do not understand, off thr top of my head.
-What do the Thorns want, exactly? They are an accepted faction amongst angels, and 06 Juggernaut had some vaguely nihilist plans, but it's not clear how much of them are the angel's personal plan and how much is their faction's.
-What authority do the angels have, since the authority that created them is now little more than part of the architecture?
-What does a demon need to do to "improve" their name, once they have a single one remaining? One of the background red demons says that they used to be a gold one before their name "grew old" and Vladok seems interested in improving his, so it is possible.
-How does thst Sphinx guild master fit in this cosmology?

Basically I care way more about this wicked cool world that I am seeing than I do about Allison and Zaid. I accept that we must follow them if we are to see more of it, and I am sympathetic enough that I would care at least Allison met an ignominous death, but I am mostly here for the worldbuilding.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

paradoxGentleman posted:

-What does a demon need to do to "improve" their name, once they have a single one remaining? One of the background red demons says that they used to be a gold one before their name "grew old" and Vladok seems interested in improving his, so it is possible.

Devils probably cheat a mortal out of their own name in a deal.

Preem Nand is a Servant who summoned a Devil into himself for more power because he's crazy.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

paradoxGentleman posted:

-What do the Thorns want, exactly? They are an accepted faction amongst angels, and 06 Juggernaut had some vaguely nihilist plans, but it's not clear how much of them are the angel's personal plan and how much is their faction's.

Mainstream Concordance angels (or at least 2 Michael) believe that a rekindling of universal war, and the ultimate extinction of the world, is inevitable, and the best thing to do is wait it out in the Void so they can see if the new world is any better. Thorn Knights believe that these things are not only inevitable, but desirable, and seek to hasten them along because existence in general and human life in particular are too messy for their sensibilities.

quote:

-What authority do the angels have, since the authority that created them is now little more than part of the architecture?

A new Law was agreed upon when the Demiurges forged new bodies for the angels and recalled them from the Void. Universal War broke this Law, but didn't erase it. In theory, the angels serve what's left of it, like the robots in Fallout games still following their programming two hundred years after every purpose they were meant to serve went up in nuclear flames.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The residents of Throne also probably respect the authority of the angels and their law because 1. Angels are really dangerous and powerful adversaries, and 2. having any kind of lawbringers in such a dangerous place, even ones that follow what may be considered archaic laws, probably helps more than it hurts to make life bearable there.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

paradoxGentleman posted:

It is of course possible that I might simply be an idiot.

Things that I do not understand, off thr top of my head.

Basically I care way more about this wicked cool world that I am seeing than I do about Allison and Zaid. I accept that we must follow them if we are to see more of it, and I am sympathetic enough that I would care at least Allison met an ignominous death, but I am mostly here for the worldbuilding.

- their deal wasn't really explained until just recently, they're a radical faction of angels who want to make Metatron the power behind the throne of a new Conquering King, which is heavily implied to be bad news. They don't like non-angels, even moreso than the rest of the angels.
- they're superpowered metaphysical cops in a decaying anarchic warlord state, they get their authority through kicking the poo poo out of people same as everyone else
- :shrug:
- he's a demonic mob boss, bigger and nastier than the other demons, see: where the angels' authority comes from

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
New page.

I was expecting the magisters to have fantastic :stare: faces at Alison's insanity, and I was not dissapointed :allears:

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

gently caress, I love this comic.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Allstone posted:

gently caress, I love this comic.
This and last update's final AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA panel were so good.

SexyBlindfold posted:

It works well with her getting totally fed up with cryptic bullshit.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so, i take it allison didn't, in fact, eat the paper?

BY THE POWER OF THE MOON

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

wiegieman posted:

Preem Nand is a Servant who summoned a Devil into himself for more power because he's crazy.

Not that we know this from the comic. Operant/Abbadon said it elsewhere. Also, we know very little about Servants in general. The Grand Dragon, one of the Demiurges is one. We don't know much about him either, other than his associated sin being greed.

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-2/

l love the irony that Vladok now being made into a Crimson devil.

Seeing as he started as a Crimson, was mistaken as an Ebon outside of universe, and was promoted to Ebon because that confusion inspired Operant.

How better could a devil trick a human into promoting them?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

theshim posted:

bets that if this works she names him Tuxedo
still saying this

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Luna

Do it

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
some enterprising fool in the comments suggested jack daniels

i'm okay with this

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Tollymain posted:

some enterprising fool in the comments suggested jack daniels

i'm okay with this

gently caress that would be excellent

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Of the comments-suggestions, I'm leaning towards "Lightweight"

It's gonna be Tuxedo Mask tho :allears:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SexyBlindfold posted:

Of the comments-suggestions, I'm leaning towards "Lightweight"

It's gonna be Tuxedo Mask tho :allears:

God I hope so.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
All these names, but if I was drunk as gently caress if it's not an obvious Sailor Moon reference I'd probably call it rear end in a top hat or fuckface.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I assume this naming thing is only applicable to a demon in this unstable state, otherwise anyone with an interest in keeping them under control would just slap a bunch of names on every demon and slow their ascension to ebon significantly.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

paradoxGentleman posted:

I assume this naming thing is only applicable to a demon in this unstable state, otherwise anyone with an interest in keeping them under control would just slap a bunch of names on every demon and slow their ascension to ebon significantly.
Also her forehead magic bullshit seems to be charging up, so her ability to just slap a mask and a name on a demon is probably unique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Tuxedo, Luna or Moon Moon.