Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Armorsmith Extended works pretty drat good and combines a couple of mods I already liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Welp, gonna get that mod and use Kellog's outfit.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

LumberingTroll posted:

No I didnt, your used to be "Remove Power Armor Drain" which is basically a cheat, not my fault you went and changed it. I have since updated the list, with yours instead as it has more options, and that is better, just because you are a goon does not mean your stuff will always be recommended over others though.

I was kidding, it's not like I'm charging for mods here. I really, really don't care whether or not someone uses my mod or another mod. Heck, if you check the comment pages for that mod, I recommended that other power core draining mod over my own. I didn't even update it until I started working on an overhaul with some other folks (full disclosure the overhaul is mostly stupid) and they requested I make more versions.

That being said I can totally see how my comment could be read another way and I apologize for communicating badly. I'm just very excited about doing poo poo like this.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
What is the point of ENB right now? The only difference I notice with it installed is longer load times and even worse texture and LOD streaming. I know it's early, but some of these ReShade presets saying to use it when it doesn't seem to do anything positive at the moment.

Also, I used that texture optimization project mod and it hosed up the normal maps or something in a bad way (modded on left):

To actually contribute, two I'm enjoying that I didn't see mentioned are this ammo retexture that makes all of the boxes look the same and this radio mod that doubles up each song on Diamond City radio to add 74 new ones. It means you'll always hear, say, Butcher Pete followed by whatever new song now shares its file, but still a couple more hours of new music. Good ol CONELRAD 640-1240 has been ported over and works in the same way.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There's at least 2 or 3 major texture optimization mods at the moment. This is the one I'm using: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1204/

It helps a bit with the stutters in the downtown area and I haven't noticed any longer load times with it (but then again I put FO4 on an SSD).

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm hoping Beth releases an HD/UHD texture pack like they did with skyrim. Also hoping Mod Organizer is fixed for x64 / FO4 soon.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I need a mod that gets rid of the little half second delay when zooming in with scoped weapons. Got me killed twice because of it.

Also, we need more guns in this game. like a lot more. Like Millennia needs to get on this poo poo now and start porting over his New Vegas work.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Arcsquad12 posted:

I need a mod that gets rid of the little half second delay when zooming in with scoped weapons. Got me killed twice because of it.

Also, we need more guns in this game. like a lot more. Like Millennia needs to get on this poo poo now and start porting over his New Vegas work.

I totally agree on both points.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Icedude posted:

I'm waiting for something to make actually surviving in the wasteland more interesting, kinda like Frostfall was for Skyrim, or hardcore mode in New Vegas.

Maybe at least something to make radstorms into something to worry about rather than "oh no I might need to use a RadAway if I don't see a doctor before another two of those hit"

This is a must have for me, frostfall and realistic needs and diseases made skyrim a way more immersive game. I was pretty annoyed FO4 doesn't have hardcore mode.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Party Plane Jones posted:

There's at least 2 or 3 major texture optimization mods at the moment. This is the one I'm using: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1204/

I was thinking of trying that out, along with this one since they recommend each other. I wonder if there's a correct install order for these things or if it doesn't really matter. I never usually mod games this early, but any optimization is nice to have.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Icedude posted:

I'm waiting for something to make actually surviving in the wasteland more interesting, kinda like Frostfall was for Skyrim, or hardcore mode in New Vegas.

Maybe at least something to make radstorms into something to worry about rather than "oh no I might need to use a RadAway if I don't see a doctor before another two of those hit"

Maybe having some random modifier on rad damage the radstorms do would be interesting, anywhere between 5x to 10x the amount of radiation per "hit".

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

FadedReality posted:

What is the point of ENB right now? The only difference I notice with it installed is longer load times and even worse texture and LOD streaming. I know it's early, but some of these ReShade presets saying to use it when it doesn't seem to do anything positive at the moment.

Also, I used that texture optimization project mod and it hosed up the normal maps or something in a bad way (modded on left):

You should only use ENB if you're getting the LOD texture bug right now and need it fixed, it won't do much else for you.

The optimized textures mod makes textures look worse so you get better FPS. Some of them look a lot worse and a few are bugged. It's up to you whether that's worth it to you, but until people have more time to optimize things under the hood the only mods you'll find that improve performance will probably also make the graphics worse. I have to use it because my performance is so terrible in some places, especially diamond city.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Arcsquad12 posted:

There was a mod for New Vegas that changed how scopes work in that it put them in front of your eye without filling your screen, so whatever you looked through was magnified but everything else was normal. Wish I could find it, as it looked pretty neat.

And I really loving miss my lever actions and Not poo poo shotguns.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
i just want to loving "wait" whenever the gently caress i want to and for the Antialiasing in the game to not look like utter poo poo

textures also look like complete rear end, but i suspect any HD texture mod will just grind the game to a halt and make it poo poo itself, its pretty obvious textures was what they cut to a minimum to fit in everything else that's going on

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Are there any mods that can get the huge weapons to not take up half the screen? Or better yet show no on screen weapons?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dongattack posted:

i just want to loving "wait" whenever the gently caress i want to and for the Antialiasing in the game to not look like utter poo poo

textures also look like complete rear end, but i suspect any HD texture mod will just grind the game to a halt and make it poo poo itself, its pretty obvious textures was what they cut to a minimum to fit in everything else that's going on

Aside from using more VRAM better textures tend to have negligible performance impact. If you have the VRAM to spare, texture mods shouldn't really make much of an impact on the performance.

Then again, this is a bethesda game so you can never be sure what will break the game for you.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Nov 23, 2015

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
It seems Bethesda left a lot of the ultra/high quality textures exactly the same as lower quality versions, so you lose performance without gaining quality for a lot of textures. That texture optimization mod that is being worked on lowers the resolution of a bunch of textures to gain some performance.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Downtown boston is such a lag fest, and it's not even like....good looking that area. the fps jumps around from 1fps every few seconds, to 50, to 20 to 35 to 5fps. It's such a loving shitshow.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I downloaded a mod to change the classical station to all the New Vegas songs, and like a loving idiot I deleted it and now it's been removed from the Nexus. Anyone else have it?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I just want a mod to change the laser pistol and rifle sounds into something more pew-pew like from Star Wars or something. As they are, they sound too much like rifles to me.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Does stealth have that funny little bug that all bad coders make where if you focus too hard on it the value tips over the top and becomes negative? I've been speccing stealth hard and have armor that makes me stealthier, and at some point I've started to get detected more where as before i could almost stand in-front of peoples faces.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
All i want is Riot Armor 2.0

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
To people worried about save - game corruption there is actually very little risk this time around. Bethesda is still using the same zlib compression and most form types have not changed at all. There's zero risk from using replacer mods and next to no risk using mods that add new statics, armors, or weapons.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Emerson Cod posted:

To people worried about save - game corruption there is actually very little risk this time around. Bethesda is still using the same zlib compression and most form types have not changed at all. There's zero risk from using replacer mods and next to no risk using mods that add new statics, armors, or weapons.

That, and I make all my mods with manual hex edits, which is a pain in the rear end but prevents corruption until FO4edit is released sometime next week.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Oh hey cool, a Pride Flag mod, that sounds-

quote:

Deleted all troll posts, posts mocking homosexuality, all homophobic posts, and that long thread about the Confederate flag (which can be found here).

Please keep things civil.

Dammit, Nexus.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

And I really loving miss my lever actions and Not poo poo shotguns.
same
where are the super shotguns gdi
i just wanna do this but live

the medicine stick making a sweet comeback would be great too
also more revolvers

basically just all cowboy themed weapons

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Armorsmith Extended works pretty drat good and combines a couple of mods I already liked.

If an NPC is carrying armour pieces, will they automatically be equipped? Not going to use this if enemies start showing clipping.

Party Plane Jones posted:

It helps a bit with the stutters in the downtown area and I haven't noticed any longer load times with it (but then again I put FO4 on an SSD).

I used this, but it significantly increased load times on launch for me, even on an SSD. And everything looked flatter somehow, maybe he hosed up when saving the normals.

Dongattack posted:

Try this, I'm running TAA with the sharpening filter and it looks much better.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout4_1.html

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rrussom posted:

All i want is Riot Armor 2.0

A Desert Ranger lost in the Commonwealth. Also, bring back Damage Threshold so I actually have to get creative with my guns. And while we're at it bring back ammo crafting for armor piercing and hollowpoint rounds.

In fact, bring back the entire combat system from New Vegas but keep the gunplay feel of FO4.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 23, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SplitSoul posted:

Try this, I'm running TAA with the sharpening filter and it looks much better.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout4_1.html

The solution to overly smooth AA is to add a sharpening filter to remove what the AA just did, huh

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Port of new vegas to fallout 4 is gonna happen at some point

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Depths posted:

Port of new vegas to fallout 4 is gonna happen at some point

In that same note, did Skyrim ever get a mod that ported Oblivion over to it's engine?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

LumberingTroll: please add this to the OP

Binary Speech Checks - very simple file that makes Speech checks binary like in New Vegas. This means that as long you meet the requirement you are guaranteed success in speech checks and if you don't then you are guaranteed failure!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Good find, that's exactly what I wanted to fix having to switch out armor all the time for my clown costume anytime I see dialogue coming up. Of course it means there's not much reason to go above 8 charisma since nothing will ever need more than that, but I guess since bethesda only put 3 kind of checks in the game that's all the mod can do, unlike new vegas where everything had a different number.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Rirse posted:

In that same note, did Skyrim ever get a mod that ported Oblivion over to it's engine?

There's an alpha version of Skyblivion but work on that won't proceed until Skywind is finished, and when that happens isn't decided.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

CJacobs posted:

The solution to overly smooth AA is to add a sharpening filter to remove what the AA just did, huh

Or, you know, you could look at the screenshots to see the difference. In-game AA is overly blurry no matter what you select, sharpening corrects that.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I never expected F4 to be competently written seeing as it's Bethesda, but it's kind of amazing how little they seem to have learned from New Vegas in other respects. Did they not even play it?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Woebin posted:

I never expected F4 to be competently written seeing as it's Bethesda, but it's kind of amazing how little they seem to have learned from New Vegas in other respects. Did they not even play it?

Well they allegedly did the quality assurance on it.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Note that this is somewhat broken when used in conjunction with (at least the lite version of) the Dialogue Overhaul mod, in that it still works as advertised, except that the speech prompts themselves are still colored to the multiple difficulty levels (Green, Yellow, Orange, Red) whereas it should just be Green and Red.

edit: oh wait, I'm dumb, the mod doesn't work like that at all. Dunno where I got all of that green & red business

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 23, 2015

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Woebin posted:

They did and tried to maybe ape some things from it but missed the mark on most. Most of my problems with the game can be fixed with mods. A couple alternate start mods, mute PC voice mod and a whole bunch of guns and crafting and settlement tweaks and I'll be pretty much set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

KakerMix posted:

They did and tried to maybe ape some things from it but missed the mark on most. Most of my problems with the game can be fixed with mods. A couple alternate start mods, mute PC voice mod and a whole bunch of guns and crafting and settlement tweaks and I'll be pretty much set.

We need guns, lots of guns.

After playing FNV with every millenia weapon this game feels like it has 10 weapons total(and on top of that most of them are ugly with bolts on the wrong side)

• Locked thread