Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Should we post our submissions here for shits and giggles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Pukestain Pal posted:

Should we post our submissions here for shits and giggles?

I think some people mentioned wanting to be surprised when the final product was released but I was enjoying seeing everyone's stuff. Maybe just post individual links?

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!
Seems like it's to late to join the party but I'd definitely like to buy a copy...

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Primo Itch posted:

Seems like it's to late to join the party but I'd definitely like to buy a copy...

You can participate if you want to, it's not too late.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

elgarbo posted:

You can participate if you want to, it's not too late.

This thread progressed quickly, I'm in as well.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
Also, just so we're clear- there will be no cropping of anything we submit, right?

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

McMadCow posted:

Also, just so we're clear- there will be no cropping of anything we submit, right?

No cropping (although ansel autism's shot on the cover is cropped to fit the portrait format.)

I've added huhu and Primo Itch and with that, applications to participate are now closed off. Get your submissions in people!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

elgarbo posted:

Get your submissions in people!

If we change our mind about the photos submitted, do we just send in another email?

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Yeah that would work best.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I would like to participate but I am bad, but I am also willing to pay my $2 australian to get it.

E: I just read the post that says no new people after this coming weekend. It's monday so I guess I missed it but thats cool, if this takes off, I'll get the next one.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Nov 23, 2015

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

We have until dec 5 for submissions yea?

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Okay so who's going to pony up the $1,000 to have Alec Soth review this thing: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/631970180/the-winnebago-workshop

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I've already got that Ping Pong conversations book.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bobmarleysghost posted:

We have until dec 5 for submissions yea?

Yea. Even if you're not in on "the list" on page 1 just email them in and I'll put them in the spam folder

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Thoogsby posted:

Okay so who's going to pony up the $1,000 to have Alec Soth review this thing: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/631970180/the-winnebago-workshop

gently caress that, for 10K we can make him drive around in a van with a license plate that says "LOLHDR"

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Just a reminder to get your photos in, folks. The Official Dorkroom Zine email account is currently pretty bare - it's mostly just alkenphel changing his mind about what to submit.

Email your poo poo to dorkroomzine@gmail.com by December 5.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

elgarbo posted:

Just a reminder to get your photos in, folks. The Official Dorkroom Zine email account is currently pretty bare - it's mostly just alkenphel changing his mind about what to submit.

I blocked out some time this weekend to agonize over submissions.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

elgarbo posted:

You're probably going to see everyone submit on December 5 itself.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

alkanphel posted:

You're probably going to see everyone submit on December 5 itself.

Yeah realistically I know that's how it'll unfold. And no doubt there'll be some who just forget all about it and miss the deadline and then weep gently for having missed out on being in such a slick publication.

(Alternate outcome - they weep with joy for having missed out on being in such a horrible publication.)

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Highly suggest you put the submission info in the OP so people don't have to wade through the thread.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Agreed with all of the above posts

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

elgarbo posted:

Yeah realistically I know that's how it'll unfold. And no doubt there'll be some who just forget all about it and miss the deadline and then weep gently for having missed out on being in such a slick publication.

(Alternate outcome - they weep with joy for having missed out on being in such a horrible publication.)

It's going to be Schrödinger's zine.

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
I've been pretty inactive due to finishing college, starting a new job and moving but I'd love to at least get a copy of the zine. If it's just a "submit some of your old photos you like" deal rather than a specific theme it'd be cool to participate. Though anything I submit will likely end up in a folder labled "dumb photos taken by idiot poo poo-stains".

Also, echoing the whole no/minimal in-jokes sentiment.

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

I'm definitely interested in buying a copy of the zine. I discovered this thread too late to participate but I would be down (i.e. prepared to be scornfully rejected) for the next round, if there is one.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
I'm not going to have time to contribute, so happy to yield my spot to a late-comer. Still interested in buying a copy though.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
We're not doing anything terrible like requiring an artists statement are we? I think we should keep it to images and maybe a title. Writing an artists statement is one of my least favorite things to do in life.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Do we get a little line on our respective pages with our usernames/irl names ?

Minkee posted:

We're not doing anything terrible like requiring an artists statement are we? I think we should keep it to images and maybe a title. Writing an artists statement is one of my least favorite things to do in life.

You can write a little text if you want to, according to the op.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Minkee posted:

Definitely not required. You can write one if you want to. Or a poem. Surprised nobody has opted to submit an epic photography poem yet.

unpacked robinhood posted:

Do we get a little line on our respective pages with our usernames/irl names ?

Yeah all photos will be credited to your real name or a pseudonym if you prefer.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

Please please please no usernames.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

McMadCow posted:

Please please please no usernames.

No usernames but if some odd character does all their photography under some sort of assumed name, who am I to care what name they attach to their work?

(That's to say, images won't be credited like this: Michael Garbutt aka elgarbo)

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

~banksy~

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

elgarbo posted:

No usernames but if some odd character does all their photography under some sort of assumed name, who am I to care what name they attach to their work?

Yeah that's completely reasonable as long as it's consistent with how they take credit for their work out in the non-internet world.

I just hope that no one comes to the conclusion that since this is their first "published" work, it would be appropriate to use their SA username because that's attached to all their previous work- only shared online.

EDIT: And I'm not trying to be a curmudgeon. I've done this all before and I hope that this online collective can put together a collection that is a match with some of the "real world" collaborations I've been a part of.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Did we decide we're going to coordinate on color settings / proofing guidelines or just do our own thing? I'm proofing in FOGRA39.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

When we have submissions in and they've been curated, I'll get some quotes for different paper stocks. Probably not worth making any decisions on colour profiles until after that point. People will get a chance to resubmit their photos if necessary.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I just emailed my jpgs in however they exported from lightroom.

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
Sorry I didn't realise that there was a general participation deadline that I had missed, still would be interested in getting a copy though.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

If you're in doubt just submit by the 5th

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!
Photos sent.

'm not sure I'll be around for the design part. I'm leaving for a veeeery remote island in a week and I'll be there for some 3 weeks, so I'll go with wathever you guys sugest/design.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i might be in

if you want to split printing i have access to a laser press and can do 11x17s for $0.75/page, possibly less if i can convince the imaging studio manager im cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Is this going to be digital or offset?

• Locked thread