Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009

This is almost double-fan art because those are basically parodies of Phil Hale paintings:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
edit: whoops

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Thought better of that one huh? :silent:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Electric Bugaloo posted:

This is horrifyingly well done:unsmigghh:.

Who's Christopher Robin supposed to be, and what is that giant panflesh titty quasi-penis sticking out of his head?

I'm not super versed in Hellraiser.

Doctor Channard from Hellrasier 2.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Hit the numbers on the top left if you want to see this full size because it is massive.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is this fanart?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi3_OGnROMo

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Ramos posted:

Hit the numbers on the top left if you want to see this full size because it is massive.

It's really bothering me that I can't find the blue portal.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Is this a reference to inaccurate game manuals from the 90s? That's what I'm getting.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Amppelix posted:

Is this a reference to inaccurate game manuals from the 90s? That's what I'm getting.
Apparently it was drawn from memory by someone who haven't played the game. Just based on secondhand descriptions and looking at screenshots.

So yes, like game manuals from the 90s.

Forgall has a new favorite as of 20:46 on Nov 24, 2015

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Amppelix posted:

Isn't that an i-mockery poster?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

From here.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Holy poo poo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

5/10

Isn't spelled "Friezers".

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

I want to believe.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Eh, I'm not feeling it. The Ghibli movie posters always tend to be a lot closer up with a more personal feel while still expressing that sense of adventure.

Like this one we get a full view of who our protagonist is instead of an alienating back shot. It expresses the importance of that person in the adventure without forcing either element out of the picture since we still get to see the strange and vast world behind her.

Even in cases where there isn't a person to focus on, it still maintains that the majority of the image is something that the audience will be both curious about and learn to get very familiar with.

These posters are generic back shots #1-3 zoomed out and given the Ghibli art style. The idea is good, the composition needs a lot of work.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Don't play with my heart like that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MizPiz posted:

5/10

Isn't spelled "Friezers".

It works when you say it out loud, at least with the right accent. Spelling out the joke like that would only drag it down.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Baron Snow posted:

It's really bothering me that I can't find the blue portal.

Maid Cafe.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Ramos posted:

Eh, I'm not feeling it. The Ghibli movie posters always tend to be a lot closer up with a more personal feel while still expressing that sense of adventure.

Like this one we get a full view of who our protagonist is instead of an alienating back shot. It expresses the importance of that person in the adventure without forcing either element out of the picture since we still get to see the strange and vast world behind her.

Even in cases where there isn't a person to focus on, it still maintains that the majority of the image is something that the audience will be both curious about and learn to get very familiar with.

These posters are generic back shots #1-3 zoomed out and given the Ghibli art style. The idea is good, the composition needs a lot of work.

Actually, I think it's sorta in reference to the wind rises poster. Or at least, the notable international one. Which is actually a bit of a departure with how it deliberately distances itself from the viewer, and establishes it's landscape and promise of adventure by emphasizing the sky.

Also included is the Japanese version of the same poster, which does less to distance the relationship with the viewer, though betraying the premise of the film.

And another, which is completely unrelated to my point.

That said, I'd much rather see the film promised by the Zelda and Ganondorf posters than the Link one.

General Specific
Jun 22, 2007

I had one of those, but the front wheel fell off and I had to get rid of it.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

That said, I'd much rather see the film promised by the Zelda and Ganondorf posters than the Link one.

I just noticed all three are looking at the same mountain from different sides.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

General Specific posted:

I just noticed all three are looking at the same mountain from different sides.

It's a sort of Day/Dawn/Dusk thing, to emphasize the Tri-Force symbolism.

And thanks Ramos for the words. Looking at those posters, they look nice but there is just something not congealing into real "Ghibli" style posters.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Postal Parcel posted:

It's a sort of Day/Dawn/Dusk thing, to emphasize the Tri-Force symbolism.

I like the primary green/blue/red color tone in each poster to symbolize each third of the Triforce; courage/Farore, wisdom/Nayru, and power/Din. Also gives me a similar vibe as the Link to the Past era artwork of the series.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

C-Euro posted:

Also gives me a similar vibe as the Link to the Past era artwork of the series.

God, I'd love to see something done in that same retrofantasy washed out watercolor style as those old Zelda paintings.

All I've got right now are floppy drives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTlsuZMwlmM

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

BS, there's no first shot of rejection

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Postal Parcel posted:

BS, there's no first shot of rejection

Its missing a page.

If anyone has the source for MGS Anime Club Id appreciate it.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Its missing a page.

If anyone has the source for MGS Anime Club Id appreciate it.

Whoops, sorry.

Source is here.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I enjoy MGSV parodies more than I enjoyed MGSV.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

http://lloydjonesillustration.tumblr.com/tagged/pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

• Locked thread