Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Irony Be My Shield posted:

If they don't involve a pairing that combos off in-game I'm not interested

Mesmeric Orb + Basalt Monolith is my OTP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I place my creatures behind my lands to make sure they don't accidentally get shipped by touching each other.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

GeneX posted:

Urabrask is a dude. The person you're quoting is somehow innocent enough to not know the meaning of slash fiction.

I thought that just was an interchangeable term for all the various terrible internet erotica. The more you know.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Frozen_flame posted:

I thought that just was an interchangeable term for all the various terrible internet erotica. The more you know.
Don't worry, besides everyone's OTP is Karn/Ugin.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Madmarker posted:

Don't worry, besides everyone's OTP is Karn/Ugin.

Karn/Jhoira :colbert:

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Serperoth posted:

I'll suspend making comment on that.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Serperoth posted:

Let's just say Jhoira got Karn liberated... from his metal underwear.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The standard pairing that's popular now is Ugin/Eldrazi, for some tentacles on dragon one sided board clearing.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Ulamog/angel from Induce Despair :cthulhu:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

On a cooler note, we now have a full spoiler of an unreleased set made by one of Garfield's friends from early in Magic. It's pretty interesting to look over some of the ideas sitting about in it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Isn't that the one that basically had all its ideas stolen for Ice Age, Mirage and Invasion?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I think I see something that looks like equipment in the artifacts.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Looks like the perfect land for a Commander product.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Perfect land to go infinite, yeah. Didn't some blue card get banned after making it into a commander product due to letting you draw infinitely? (You know, for whatever bans mean in Commander.)

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Summon Arch-Dolphin would be in the top tier of goofy old-school type lines if it was printed.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Ugin/Nicol Bolas OTP

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Glad to see "Blue gets access to everything as long as you flavor it as water or thinking" was alive even back then.

Though really the mechanical separation between colors seems to have been mostly keywords and which colors are referenced.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Ramos posted:

Perfect land to go infinite, yeah. Didn't some blue card get banned after making it into a commander product due to letting you draw infinitely? (You know, for whatever bans mean in Commander.)

Yeah, Trade Secrets has a serious collusion factor. As long as one other opponent is also in the business of drawing cards, you've got non stop draw. And because it's up to 4, you don't have to deck yourself.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=247356

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
lol imagine this in blue-red storm.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

So Magic was intended to be a very high-stakes game I take it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Entropic posted:

lol imagine this in blue-red storm.

There's also a white red one from what I've seen so far. Probably every enemy pairing has it.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

UR Anti-mana reads: 0: Add UR to your mana pool if you tapped your Volcanic Island for mana this turn. :stonk:

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Glad to see "Blue gets access to everything as long as you flavor it as water or thinking" was alive even back then.

Though really the mechanical separation between colors seems to have been mostly keywords and which colors are referenced.

It's more like "any colour can do anything for no particular reason". It looks like Wizards really did use all the actual cards in the set, the rest are complete nonsense

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I'm playing R/W

Now I'm playing 4 colors (R/W/U/B) with decent fixing. My Plains now tap for R/B and my Mountains now tap for U/W.

Oh You were playing Fish? Sorry. Not sorry.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Man I want to live forever so long as I keep a game of Magic in a corner somewhere. :(

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

This is old magic, where the question of "does Wrath of God affect Black Knight?" is answered by "flip a coin".

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

ThePeavstenator posted:

Ugin/Nicol Bolas OTP

I didn't want to kill you 1000 years ago or anything, s-stupid.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Man I want to live forever so long as I keep a game of Magic in a corner somewhere. :(

This is actually fine...

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

I can say without a doubt that Magic: The Gathering is a children's card game.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I would love to see how gatherer would have handled the updated rulings on that card.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
here are some of my favourites

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

:agreed:. Just make sure both players have this active (since your opponent has to be alive) and cause an interminable infinite loop (but not day of the dragons or worldgorger dragon for obvious reasons) so you can't be forced to play to slow play rules.

The one that was recommended to me was Caged Sun + March of the Machines + Conspiracy naming Saproling + Life from Limb.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Wow this is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
what does chaotic mean in the context of that set

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zoness posted:

what does chaotic mean in the context of that set

It means extra cool and awesome with an added vulnerability to a white hate card called Holy Water. I'm seriously seeing no upsides aside from the implied cool factor anywhere.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Ramos posted:

It means extra cool and awesome with an added vulnerability to a white hate card called Holy Water. I'm seriously seeing no upsides aside from the implied cool factor anywhere.

So it's a lot like Snow then, as this is basically how Snow was back in Ice Age.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

So it's a lot like Snow then, as this is basically how Snow was back in Ice Age.

In Coldsnap maybe, Ice Age only had snow-covered lands

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Barry Shitpeas posted:

here are some of my favourites

The Bricklayer is like my favorite design in this set, because I just love the idea of investing so much in Cask of Amontillado'ing some poor 1-power creature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Barry Shitpeas posted:

In Coldsnap maybe, Ice Age only had snow-covered lands

Patently false.

• Locked thread