Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I knew cutting academic funding would lead to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

I knew cutting academic funding would lead to this.

Yeah that teacher has terrible handwriting. Block letters?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I mean it's not fake or anything that would be silly.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Maybe the teacher had her own shipping fantasies which didn't fit in with this story.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

:derp: http://yle.fi/uutiset/ruotsin_terroristiepailty_vapautettiin_ja_epailyista_luovuttiin/8473662
http://yle.fi/uutiset/ruotsin_media_terroristijahdista_hirvittavan_noloa_allistyttavan_epaammattimaista_miten_hemmetissa_nain_kavi/8473870

Really?? All this panic and fuss and name and photos in media, and the guy turns out to be clean as a whistle? loving amateurs, he wasn't even hiding from the authorities and was caught while having a walk. Yet we were told that Sweden and even Finland might be the targets of a covert terrorist operation. If that is the case then good job giving the terrorists a heads up!

Probably Supo was not the guilty part in this, but I have no faith in our Gestapo being any better than the Swedish Gestapo because Finns are inferior in everything.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
What a surprise. Fiascos like that are actually pretty common in Intelligence Agencies because they live in a thoroughly paranoid world, and anyone listening to them are in danger of getting sucked into that world. Which usually means journalists.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's damned if you do, damned if you don't for intelligence agencies. After every terrorist attack there's always a "why didn't you blahblahblah to blahblahblah?" Even after these Paris attacks they talked about how the perpetrators were marked as potentially radicalized or something (ignoring the fact that 10,000 Muslims in France are) and how they should have been stopped randomly. A country like Sweden especially which has a pathetically small police force and a ton of "potential radicals" probably don't have time to actually check anything properly. Sure they screwed up here but it's going to happen.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Geriatric Pirate posted:

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't for intelligence agencies. After every terrorist attack there's always a "why didn't you blahblahblah to blahblahblah?" Even after these Paris attacks they talked about how the perpetrators were marked as potentially radicalized or something (ignoring the fact that 10,000 Muslims in France are) and how they should have been stopped randomly. A country like Sweden especially which has a pathetically small police force and a ton of "potential radicals" probably don't have time to actually check anything properly. Sure they screwed up here but it's going to happen.

Sweden has been the second biggest failure in EU:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Believe it or not, Säpo completely and undeniably dropped the ball. He wasn't on the run, they could have just taken him in for questioning without any fuss. Had he been a terrorist then who knows what he might have done after learning his name and photo were publicized? It's not a "drat if you do, drat if you don't", it's a matter of do they even know what their job is? Everything about this is so hosed up, I'm now convinced that KOPPS is a documentary film.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Believe it or not, Säpo completely and undeniably dropped the ball. He wasn't on the run, they could have just taken him in for questioning without any fuss. Had he been a terrorist then who knows what he might have done after learning his name and photo were publicized? It's not a "drat if you do, drat if you don't", it's a matter of do they even know what their job is? Everything about this is so hosed up, I'm now convinced that KOPPS is a documentary film.

Starring noted terrorist Anna Faris - pilluminati oval office roll confirmed!

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
I always lol hard when "security" agencies claim they have stopped numerous terrorist attacks from happening. Yeah erm all proof of this is classified sorry, but we need more money.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

quote:

Percy Sillitoe was booted out. But things got even worse. In 1964 MI5 were told that one of their own men had been a spy for the Russians. He was called Sir Anthony Blunt - and not only had he been high-up in MI5 - but he had gone on to work in Buckingham Palace looking after the Queen's art collection. And even worse than that he was the Queen Mother's cousin.

MI5 interrogated Sir Anthony and he calmly said that it was all true - he had been a traitor. MI5 was so embarrassed that they kept it all quiet, gave Blunt immunity from prosecution, and he carried on working at Buckingham Palace.
hahahhahahahaa

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Rexroom posted:

What a surprise. Fiascos like that are actually pretty common in Intelligence Agencies because they live in a thoroughly paranoid world, and anyone listening to them are in danger of getting sucked into that world. Which usually means journalists.

Anyone who still has a grain of faith towards Supo and such should read this article.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
I think Supo is still spying on Kekkonen's enemies.

"Ahti Karjalainen has been really quiet last couple of years. He's bound to be up to something!"

Jyppe
Jun 13, 2007
For the Fireman!
lol turns out VM left out a pretty important statement regarding the new hallintarekisteri .

List of people who are surprised that porvarit are ahneet:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bougies are literally literal poo poo :shrug:

And Ligur kisses their arse. Ligur is a poo poo-arse kisser.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Jyppe posted:

lol turns out VM left out a pretty important statement regarding the new hallintarekisteri .

List of people who are surprised that porvarit are ahneet:

VM is such a goddamn cancer.

Jesus gently caress this nation is going to the shitter at this rate.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

"Writes well with good grammar but everything is slash fiction."

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Hey speaking of greedy porvarit, Kimmo Sasi is back! He's now a lobbyist for EVA and the former chairman of the parliamentary constitutional committee wants to get rid of that pesky part in the Constitution that reserves the use of public power to the state.

The whole thing is kokoomus.txt but some choice bits:

quote:

Evan johtajan Matti Apusen mukaan perusoikeuksien rooli olisi kasvanut suhteettomaksi.

– Niihin vetoamalla yritetään ennakkoon estää lakihankkeiden alulle paneminen, kirjoittaa Apunen raportin esipuheessa.

People are claiming garbage laws are against the constitution before we even enact them! How dare they!

quote:

Evan johtaja Matti Apunen sanoo, että perusoikeusargumentti jakaa vasemmistoa ja oikeistoa voimakkaasti leireihin. Mutta kyse on Apusen mukaan myös siitä, kuka perustuslakia saa tulkita.

– Missä on se ylipapisto, joka kertoo, mikä hanke on kelvollinen alulle pantavaksi?

Also known as the two camps of "the constitution" and "against the constitution". And note that completely bizarre attempt to frame a debate on the constitutionality of proposed laws into "Well where are the scholars who tell us what is constitutional?!"

Just to reiterate, the way I read this they want to remove the entirety of section 124, not just the last sentence. To refresh your memory,

quote:

Julkinen hallintotehtävä voidaan antaa muulle kuin viranomaiselle vain lailla tai lain nojalla, jos se on tarpeen tehtävän tarkoituksenmukaiseksi hoitamiseksi eikä vaaranna perusoikeuksia, oikeusturvaa tai muita hyvän hallinnon vaatimuksia. Merkittävää julkisen vallan käyttöä sisältäviä tehtäviä voidaan kuitenkin antaa vain viranomaiselle.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 24, 2015

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
imo the line was already crossed with yksityiset parkkisakot

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007
drat Turks could've at least waited till spring

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

So, Kempele. The narrative basically builds itself. If they were (they're confirmed to be Afghani asylum seekers, so much for the police-media conspiracy) housed in Sipilä's spare house, wowza.

Still not sure Sipilä's crisis meeting and how changing laws is going to do anything since last I checked raping people is already super illegal. Fence in refuge centres so you can't leave I guess?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

He's talking about changing laws to allow rejecting asylum from convicted criminals, which is A Good Thing. Currently crimes committed after arriving to Finland have no effect at all on the asylum decision.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

You still run into non-refoulement problems if they're from a shithole like Somalia or Afghanistan. It just means they have no legal status whatsoever, which I'm sure will not lead into more crimes being committed by them. You're still not allowed to drop a murderer or rapist into an active war zone by international treaties.

There's already that one case with the Somalian murderer who has been released from prison and the police are trying to figure out how they can deport him into Somalia.

Edit: I went to check the law and there's already an escape clause in case of secondary protection (toissijainen suojelu) and humanitarian protection: it can be refused if the person is suspected of committing a "törkeä rikos". If it doesn't apply here for some stupid reason then yeah, sure, broaden it sufficiently. (And yes, that's just suspicion, not even a conviction.)

There's no such escape clause in the legit asylum section for crimes committed in Finland, but these two particular guys were never going to qualify for actual asylum, which is available if you are personally persecuted for your political views or sexual orientation or whatever. They're just from a shithole.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 24, 2015

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Ehh, the RASMUS ry Facebook group already figured it out - a false flag attack by racists:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Is it possible for that to be a false flag false flag? 'cause that person sounds like a Hommafoorumilainen fantasy of kukkahattutäti and not a real person. Or am I missing the joke?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Antti posted:

There's no such escape clause in the legit asylum section for crimes committed in Finland, but these two particular guys were never going to qualify for actual asylum, which is available if you are personally persecuted for your political views or sexual orientation or whatever. They're just from a shithole.

Incidentally as of last month Migri started handing out way more "actual" asylums. In the case of Somalis, 32 received asylum, 1 humanitarian protection, 0 secondary protection (and 0 non-Dublin rejected), when before they were roughly 60%/40%. And this was after their new security evaluation of Somalia, which stated that there are safe counties and you can no longer receive asylum based on area of origin alone. Whether this was just a coincidence remains to be seen.

(source, though they only release cumulative stats so to get October numbers you'll have to find last months release and deduct them from the latest)

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 24, 2015

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Interesting. "Actual" asylums are probably easier to figure out so they might just be getting the easy poo poo out of the way first, though. But it's also possible the whole noise about tightening things up was just PR and they're just shifting around the grounds on which they let you stay.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
How could anyone doubt the legitness of Pirjo-Pönni's judgement of pikku narttus?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Christ, now Sipilä has called an emergency meeting. Not what happened between Turkey and Russia, but about the rape incident today.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Our government is so resolute.

My prediction: all black people are to be banished to Africa. Then 24h later the decision is reversed.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Christ, now Sipilä has called an emergency meeting. Not what happened between Turkey and Russia, but about the rape incident today.

Rape incident or, you know, rape.

At this point of course alleged rape.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 24, 2015

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Nenonen posted:

My prediction: all black people are to be banished to Africa. Then 24h later the decision is reversed.

But they weren't even bla- oh. Oh. Yes, that is something they would propose as a solution to this particular problem!

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
It appears the crisis meeting wasn't about the suspected Kempele case, but rather a continuum of several cases and repeat instances of various disturbances. Especially harassment of girls/women.

The scary/stupid/weird thing is it seems the police say there is a political will to keep it quiet, which certainly doesn't make the citizens any more trusting or happy. Like the Jumbo case? Our brave and noble journalists (who vote either Green or liberal wing of Cock) want to have none of it and insist on calling this exaggeration... but if the police says it's not. Let's say I know who I'll trust more.

The ministry of interior already magicked up an explanation about syrjäytyminen but come on, bitches. That is REAL fast syrjäytyminen. For a rational person, knowing that in a place like Afghanistan unveiled young women moving alone are free for all would be a more likely cause. Which is incidentally the case in much of Iraq or Somalia. There the victim is also the culprit. Rape isn't even a crime, especially of lone unprotected women.

How could anyone aware of any of these local conditions think that moving young men from there, to here, somewhere like Finland, would not result in the worst of trouble?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Nenonen posted:

It will be something stupid like this. Making Big Decisions and making a big show of it, then a week later Sipilä will hear that it's impossible/it's against the constitution/there are huge protests and will back down.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Wheany posted:

It will be something stupid like this. Making Big Decisions and making a big show of it, then a week later Sipilä will hear that it's impossible/it's against the constitution/there are huge protests and will back down.

No, it won't be anything like that, whatever it will be. My best guess is the crisis meeting was to soothe the prime mininster because he found out the stupid policies we run can actually also affect the political elite, if not quite directly, and when he calms down it's back to the same old. There might be some pompous announcements like "we are aware the centers have become areas of trouble but international agreements.... solidarity... can't blame individuals... more of the same, then!" is the solution.

I hope I'm wrong but this far? It's always been that. No reason to believe it will change unless Sipilä is really touched personally.

Antti posted:

You still run into non-refoulement problems if they're from a shithole like Somalia or Afghanistan. It just means they have no legal status whatsoever, which I'm sure will not lead into more crimes being committed by them. You're still not allowed to drop a murderer or rapist into an active war zone by international treaties.

It's just that if you refuse a person residence permit on the basis of asylum seeking, even after he has commited crimes, it is far off from paradropping a person into an active warzone (which I think would be ok if someone abuses the asylum seeking system to commit crimes, but that's another case entirely).

It isn't like outside of the EU is Fallout: Rest of the World or a Vietnam army bases during the Tet Offensive. It isn't.

That's the argument threads like ScandiPol and "certain" people here make because they want to justify their preferred policy with that but like hell it has anything to do with the real world. South Iraq is safe in as such you have frequent flights, businesses running, not much in the way of shootings or bombings, so is most of Somalia, Afghanistan has plenty of safe areas and so on. If Joensuu turned into a hellhole of unemployment and gangs started terrorizing the area, no sane person would think of moving the people there to Sweden as a solution. You would move them to a safer part of Finland and try to fix Joensuu. Nobody would argue that. (Also the conflict in, say, in Iraq, is mostly internal, they should solve it over there with other Iraqis.)

The crisis areas are surrounded by vast camps, and I'm pretty sure the billions Sweden and Finland will spend on catering to asylum seekers (who have come here with all sorts of wrong information and who, are, actually completely unknown) would do far more over there than over here. And of course, you can return a person to the safe country they came from if you follow the current agreements (which nobody does). We can also construct camps to the outskirts of EU area. There are unlimited different possibilities of handling the situation instead of 1) having them choose where to seek asylum and suffering the consequences 2) parachuting them to the active combat areas in the Middle-East.

edit:

A a link for those who still think returning to Iraq is the equivalent of being hurled unto a battlefield. This doesn't appear to be the case at all. The arrivals have been fed a bunch of lies about how sweet life would be here if you just ask for asylum and being treated like an actual asylum seeker comes as a shock and disappoints.

This chick for one basically admits that she came here to pull our leg. She is a regular immigrant and directly admits to that, not an asylum seeker under terrible personal danger in the ditches because of political convictions or whatever. She just wanted to finish her studies. Which is ok, but she is also abusing a system created for other things.

And TF hitler racist nazis get their say. Can we deport them???!!11

And Canada has a reasonable view to things. Will Canada now disappear down a black hole as their international reputation is forever gone? :(

Ligur fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 24, 2015

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1448347040652.html
Is this real? Am I trapped in fever dream? What is even real anymore? Why am I pining for the return of the previous hallitus?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Puistokemisti posted:

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1448347040652.html
Is this real? Am I trapped in fever dream? What is even real anymore? Why am I pining for the return of the previous hallitus?

lol I was gonna link that. the SSS government is so efficient and fast that even it's own ministers can't keep up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Remember when Ligur voted for the literally national socialist nazi foreign-hater party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Jerry Cotton posted:

Remember when Ligur voted for the literally national socialist nazi foreign-hater party?

Troll or not, it escapes me how that has to do with anything that has happened as of late or what I have ever posted about :confused:

Unless you think literally literals provoke rapes or that the idea was to have Sipilä and Orpo flailing around, which it wasn't.