Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

If it makes you feel any better mate you're not the first person to do that and won't be the last. I see it a fair amount on the UK Infinity facebook group.

Also someone motivate me to make a list, haven't had any drive for Infinity lists lately but I kinda wanna play my Sphinx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't just notice that the bases were tapered. Luckily, bases are cheap and I only slightly damaged the guys I removed from the bases so far.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Corbeau posted:

Am I looking back through rose-tinted glasses, or are the official forums steadily getting more obnoxious? I'm finding it progressively less worthwhile to read threads there just because of the petty bickering.

I think if they could just probate King of Squid for being a poo poo-posting blowhard, things would probably settle down to "mostly cool."

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The twin shottie Rodok is a beast. What a baller sculpt.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
And the complete set:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Those are all rad as gently caress.

So, for those in the US, Miniature Market has put a large part of their Infinity selection on sale, including OIS for 55 bucks, the USAriadna starter box for fifty, and the rulebook for 35.

Somewhat related, are the PanO Bolts any good? Because I own a lot of them now, apparently.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
What is the Ariadnan dude?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

What is the Ariadnan dude?

"Oklahoma" Airborne, basic USAriadna AD unit. No profile yet but it should be posted withing 48 hours.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I still can't get over that fuckin shotgun Rodok, that guy is the Morat Animal Mother.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
poo poo, I might add some actual Morats to my CA now (after the new Shas sculpts at least :v: )

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Wow. Pretty much all of those are rad as gently caress! It's only a matter of time until I am facing those new Rodoks in BlackIronHeart's army.

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011
Every time I start devoting time to my general Combine Army they release some new kickass Morat sculpt and I fall back in love with them again.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ilor posted:

Wow. Pretty much all of those are rad as gently caress! It's only a matter of time until I am facing those new Rodoks in BlackIronHeart's army.
I've played against em linked a few times already and they're fuckin nasty. Super Jump is pure aids when it shines. Esp with the B4 LSG or just HMG.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
[quote="grassy gnoll" post="453062722"
]Somewhat related, are the PanO Bolts any good? Because I own a lot of them now, apparently.
[/quote]

Are bioimmune linkable BS13 troops with arm 2 that dont give a gently caress if their LT dies any good?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Ffffffuck the Domaru Butai look cool as hell!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Flipswitch posted:

I've played against em linked a few times already and they're fuckin nasty. Super Jump is pure aids when it shines. Esp with the B4 LSG or just HMG.
What's even more obnoxious is linked super-jump forward, deployment of a bunch of mines where you land, linked super-jump back. "Hope you didn't want to get into that mid-field, suckers!"

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Not a fan of the Domaru studio color scheme, but those Rodoks are some of the most amazing models I've ever seen.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I'm OK with the Domaru color scheme, but what impresses me most about them is the shape of their helmets. That's such a cool and distinctive silhouette.

I must have that new Ragik hacker, though.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Pack it up, Miniature Wargaming Community. No model will ever surpass the double shotgun Rodok.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Hell yeah Rodoks! Was thinking just those that months, since as cool as the Domaru are, Ive got two and they've never done much for me. After fiddling around with the old ragik hacker though the new one looks heaps better.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Hortism posted:

as cool as the Domaru are, Ive got two and they've never done much for me

May I direct you to the spitfire model, namely the fact that it means a new profile.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I just split an half-off operation ice storm with a friend and now I am gonna have some nomads. Where can I go to learn about my anime faction, because this game looks awful intricate.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Under 15 posted:

I just split an half-off operation ice storm with a friend and now I am gonna have some nomads. Where can I go to learn about my anime faction, because this game looks awful intricate.

Official forum, faction subforums, each has stickied "tactica" threads. But that's after you play the Icestorm missions and have a grasp on basic rules.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Last time I saw a Domaru on the table, it shat indirect EM grenades all over my Hospitaller link team. :saddowns:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Profiles up. Airborne is CC-oriented, kinda like a mini-Rasyat. Domaru have a combi option, of course they didn't include it in the new box :doh:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Pierzak posted:

Official forum, faction subforums, each has stickied "tactica" threads. But that's after you play the Icestorm missions and have a grasp on basic rules.

This is a little off subject, but is "tactica" a holdover from 40k? Shouldn't it just be tactics?

MrSquarepants
Jul 4, 2012
What are everyone's thoughts on Joan(1.0 or 2.0)? She feels like an auto include in almost every PanO list I make. Her inspiring leadership is so crazy good I always want to take her. The only downside I can think of, is that shes very obviously going to be your Lt. Although, I do like the idea of sometimes not making her my Lt. just to throw my opponent off/hiding my real Lt. better.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

MrSquarepants posted:

What are everyone's thoughts on Joan(1.0 or 2.0)? She feels like an auto include in almost every PanO list I make. Her inspiring leadership is so crazy good I always want to take her. The only downside I can think of, is that shes very obviously going to be your Lt. Although, I do like the idea of sometimes not making her my Lt. just to throw my opponent off/hiding my real Lt. better.

My main opponent plays MO with Joan all the time and she's pretty good. I've seen him clear out tons of dudes with her and then last time we played, he had her in a 5 man link and it was pretty overwhelming. I would guess the biggest problem is that just like anything else that is obviously good, people will come to the table with a clear plan on how to beat her.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
So I am assembling the old-school Haqqislam "chicken bot" Remotes that just arrived on my doorstep yesterday, and I've gotta say these particular miniatures make me want to stab myself in the face. They are super-fiddly. I've already broken one of the legs, and I see much pinning of aerials and whatnot in my future. Sigh.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Ilor posted:

So I am assembling the old-school Haqqislam "chicken bot" Remotes that just arrived on my doorstep yesterday, and I've gotta say these particular miniatures make me want to stab myself in the face. They are super-fiddly. I've already broken one of the legs, and I see much pinning of aerials and whatnot in my future. Sigh.

I just mounted them on a post and painted it black. Solid as hell now. Antennas on the other hand...

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Pierzak posted:

Profiles up. Airborne is CC-oriented, kinda like a mini-Rasyat. Domaru have a combi option, of course they didn't include it in the new box :doh:

Man, a CC parachutist. Kind of... underwhelming. Unless there's a perfectly placed mini with it's back to the 1/6 of the table edge you chose, seems kinda useless. Even then, better to just pop them with a submachine gun or the Molotok.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Does Martial Arts Lvl 2 give you bonuses to sneaking around?

I totally agree with Assault Pistol or SMG being the way to go.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I'm pretty sure MA doesn't grant anything else beside buffs to CC.

I didn't even see the asspistol on the rifle profile. That's... pretty dang good. :eyepop:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

Does Martial Arts Lvl 2 give you bonuses to sneaking around?
Yes, it gives you stealth and surprise attack. And he's got a knife too so :ninja:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Missed the giant red banner on the wiki.

Jesus christ that changes a lot.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Wait, but the Surprise Attack order says you need to start as a marker or in hidden deployment. Don't you have to burn an entire order to pop up onto the board with AD? So you'll lose the opportunity to Surprise Attack because the entirety of the order is spent deploying?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Huh, you're right. Pity.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

On the other hand, S.A.S. just got even better.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Pierzak posted:

May I direct you to the spitfire model, namely the fact that it means a new profile.

Yeah, better ranged options make them way more viable. My problem is that I usually don't have the orders to spend to run them into close range, and impetuous won't kick in till they score a kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

This is a little off subject, but is "tactica" a holdover from 40k? Shouldn't it just be tactics?
probably, fuckin nerds

• Locked thread