Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
So I saw a stream the other day and a guy decided he didn't want to fight some crab monsters on the beach...and he just walked through them. He literally clipped straight through them like they were ghosts.

I can understand clipping through cars in new LA because they are basically just window dressing...but walking straight through monsters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i saw a guy try to run through one of the huge dinosaur-looking things and get kicked ten feet in the air for his trouble. i guess it's inconsistent.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Rabelais D posted:

So I saw a stream the other day and a guy decided he didn't want to fight some crab monsters on the beach...and he just walked through them. He literally clipped straight through them like they were ghosts.

I can understand clipping through cars in new LA because they are basically just window dressing...but walking straight through monsters?

Some things wont attack unless you attack first. Others will engage if your in their FoV. Others will attack when they 'sense' you ie. get close.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I did all the sidequests. You're clearly not :spergin: enough.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door

Inflammatory posted:

i saw a guy try to run through one of the huge dinosaur-looking things and get kicked ten feet in the air for his trouble. i guess it's inconsistent.

It's good to know that you can't just walk through those huge ones at least.

I'm still on the fence about buying this - does anyone know if there is any sort of 'life' to the world, like the random encounters (prisoner patrols, messengers etc), or monster vs monster action you could stumble across in Skyrim. Or is it just mobs milling around waiting for you to aggro them?
I don't know how I feel about a huge world to explore if there are no towns, and just mile after mile of monsters doing nothing....

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rabelais D posted:

I'm still on the fence about buying this - does anyone know if there is any sort of 'life' to the world, like the random encounters (prisoner patrols, messengers etc), or monster vs monster action you could stumble across in Skyrim. Or is it just mobs milling around waiting for you to aggro them?
I don't know how I feel about a huge world to explore if there are no towns, and just mile after mile of monsters doing nothing....

There is. Monsters have different schedules and you can see some of the larger predators eating the smaller ones. A cave might be full of aggressive monsters during the night, but when it's day the cave is empty because they've all left.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

We are almost a week left to go guys. :f5: this is one of those I can't believe this is really coming out games for me.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Is this gonna be hard to find if I dont pre order it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

NTT posted:

Nah, there is a digital eshop version too. It'll always be available.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
What's in the limited edition, is it worth the extra 30 bucks?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A fancy memory stick with the soundtrack on and the usual art book stuff, so probably not.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
weed

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NTT posted:

it's the only wiiu game worth getting since like summer so you can bet nintendo ships a fuckload of them

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

it's the only wiiu game worth getting since like summer so you can bet nintendo ships a fuckload of them

What the heck, I don't even know where to start with this post ...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eh, it's mostly true. Nintendo has dropped the ball this year on exclusives. It's hard to top what they launched last year though, they straight up won 2014.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

A Steampunk Gent posted:

What the heck, I don't even know where to start with this post ...

oh sorry I forgot woolly world, will that help untrigger your heart attack? it's not exactly outlandish to say it was a weak year for wiiu since splatoon and the one holiday trump card is Xenoblade

I said come in! posted:

Eh, it's mostly true. Nintendo has dropped the ball this year on exclusives. It's hard to top what they launched last year though, they straight up won 2014.

2014 was so godly that I can deal with regression from one console while the others picked up the slack

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It's ok, I've been biding my time by picking up a 360 and a bunch of games for mega cheap since everyone went over to the Bone :cool:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MinibarMatchman posted:

They didn't ship a ton of copies of Bayo 2 or W101 and those were the only games they had for the respective times they came out. I would not be surprised if XBX falls under the same issue.

But hey there's always digital

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

oh sorry I forgot woolly world, will that help untrigger your heart attack? it's not exactly outlandish to say it was a weak year for wiiu since splatoon and the one holiday trump card is Xenoblade

2014 was so godly that I can deal with regression from one console while the others picked up the slack

Super Mario Maker was real big tent pole release too, and really good to boot. It's not been a complete desert of Nintendo releases

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
2015 hasn't been the strongest year for Nintendo, but p much everyone fell in love with Super Mario Maker so even though there have been less releases they will probably sweep this year too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

Haha really no one picked up the slack. This was a lovely fall 2015 for games.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hey guys, remember January 13, 2013. It's been a while, huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GxUMMGyZcM

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm actually surprised I haven't ran into any spoilers or anything. I mean, the game's been out since forever in Japan hasn't it?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Calaveron posted:

I'm actually surprised I haven't ran into any spoilers or anything. I mean, the game's been out since forever in Japan hasn't it?

well the game is 150 hours long so any notion of story related spoilers probably got lost in the ether

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Well this isn't like the original Xenoblade as there isn't much story to spoil outside of a setting that is focused entirely on you making you wander around a single player MMO in with a car robot.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Well Xenoblade 1 was pretty long too and it had huge, early game spoilers that people tripped themselves over to keep hidden slash reveal.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, XBX's story is nowhere near the adventure that XB's was and combine it with it being a cult game there's not gonna be much to really spoil. All of the big story beats are p much just at the end of the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

I said come in! posted:

Haha really no one picked up the slack. This was a lovely fall 2015 for games.

Something awful

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

This game has some pretty big spoilers in it too, and I wound up learning them while watching some streams shortly after the game's Japanese launch. Whoops! Oh well.

The funny thing is that for the longest time, I knew what was probably the game's biggest spoiler, and I've seen the final boss being fought, but I don't know things like "so what the hell do the classes do." Which was the information I really wanted. I know that you have Fighty, Rogue, and Caster, and Fighty becomes More Fighty or Tanky, and Rogue becomes More Rogue and something with spears and snipers, and Casty becomes More Casty and something with loving laser swords. But beyond that? I guess I'll wait a couple of weeks and find out anyway. :shrug:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

MechaCrash posted:

This game has some pretty big spoilers in it too, and I wound up learning them while watching some streams shortly after the game's Japanese launch. Whoops! Oh well.

The funny thing is that for the longest time, I knew what was probably the game's biggest spoiler, and I've seen the final boss being fought, but I don't know things like "so what the hell do the classes do." Which was the information I really wanted. I know that you have Fighty, Rogue, and Caster, and Fighty becomes More Fighty or Tanky, and Rogue becomes More Rogue and something with spears and snipers, and Casty becomes More Casty and something with loving laser swords. But beyond that? I guess I'll wait a couple of weeks and find out anyway. :shrug:

here's a video showing the starting arts for each class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF2YzesZiBo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

MechaCrash posted:

Well, speaking of game mechanics, somebody on neogaf's putting together a spreadsheet of quests/skills/arts/etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/edit#gid=0

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The video and spreadsheet tell me all the stuff I actually wanted to know but nobody playing a stream ever went into. Thanks!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Lazer sword clerics huh.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Jim Sterling has played Xenoblade Chronicles X, and according to him it's GOTY material.

I think.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The asscaves of Mira are truly a sight to behold.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rexroom posted:

Jim Sterling has played Xenoblade Chronicles X, and according to him it's GOTY material.

I think.

Yep, from what I have seen the translation is terrible.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

From what I've seen the translation is ok, but you can only do so much with JRPG source material.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Yep, from what I have seen the translation is terrible.

how is that terrible

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
From what I've seen the translation is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The translation looks quite good

• Locked thread