Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Perez has called a press conference for tonight. rip benitez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Perez has called a press conference for tonight. rip benitez

I still can't believe they ever hired him.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
He speaks Spanish. You have no idea how important that is.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Real Madrid were terrible like I cant seriously believe it was actually them and not a team of celebrity lookalikes.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

He's probably just gonna reinstate his support for Benitez. Ugh

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
He's not going to fire Benitez, at least not today.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Yeah, he'll just repeat what he did in March with Ancelotti where he held a presser saying they had full confidence in him.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Yeah, he'll just repeat what he did in March with Ancelotti where he held a presser saying they had full confidence in him.

And yeah, that's exactly what he said. I have to say, I'm glad that he's staying. I was afraid they were going to replace him with someone who could salvage this season.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Didn't Mourinho lose 5-0 to Barca?

I mean I know everyone is a Rafa fan but he's been there for like five minutes.

Tbf it won't make a difference how long he's there because Perez will never let him buy the players he wants to address the massive imbalance in the side.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

What imbalance

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
RM needs to get rid of the BBC, Bale is complete poo poo, Benzema is Benzema and Cristiano just doesn't give a poo poo anymore.

Do a complete clean up like Guardiola did when he got to Barca actually, or like what Aragones did with Spain, that's what RM needs to do.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

El Hefe posted:

RM needs to get rid of the BBC, Bale is complete poo poo, Benzema is Benzema and Cristiano just doesn't give a poo poo anymore.

Do a complete clean up like Guardiola did when he got to Barca actually, or like what Aragones did with Spain, that's what RM needs to do.

I don't think those doctors and drugs are available any more.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Gigi Galli posted:

Barca won the triple last season mate of course they are

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Let me just preface this with an admission of my complete and total ignorance of most things.

Now for my fan-fiction:

Perez should get shot of Benitez and bring in... Sir Alex.

Presumably Real can walk into the Champions League places regardless so accept any shot at any title is gone for a year and make it a Harlem Globetrotters or whatever thing for the rest of the season. Couple of well off British pensioners head on over to Spain (live cheaply) for a nice mild winter whilst Real get a nice PR bump for the remainder of the season whilst they figure out what to do next.

Presumably Ronaldo will be happy with that and maybe the whole bump will just accidentally be worthwhile anyway. Sir Alex can actually try or just turn up for photo ops, who cares, he'll probably just enjoy trolling Benitez one last time.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Let me just preface this with an admission of my complete and total ignorance of most things.

Now for my fan-fiction:

Perez should get shot of Benitez and bring in... Sir Alex.

Presumably Real can walk into the Champions League places regardless so accept any shot at any title is gone for a year and make it a Harlem Globetrotters or whatever thing for the rest of the season. Couple of well off British pensioners head on over to Spain (live cheaply) for a nice mild winter whilst Real get a nice PR bump for the remainder of the season whilst they figure out what to do next.

Presumably Ronaldo will be happy with that and maybe the whole bump will just accidentally be worthwhile anyway. Sir Alex can actually try or just turn up for photo ops, who cares, he'll probably just enjoy trolling Benitez one last time.

sounds good to me

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Ronaldo brings nothing to the team when he isn't scoring so why don't they put him out wide when it's not working? Surely he hasn't lost that much pace? And the majority of his goals came from playing wide and cutting in

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gigi Galli posted:

Mods!

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Remember when all the Madrid fans in this forum used to go on and on about how Bale was so much better and such a better buy than Neymar?

lol

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
None of this would be happening had Perez done the right thing and pilgrimaged to the Vatican in a sambenito to atone for his sin.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Suqit posted:

Remember when all the Madrid fans in this forum used to go on and on about how Bale was so much better and such a better buy than Neymar?

lol

The last time Bale scored a goal was in August lmao

Complete fraud

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Bale is cool and good for Wales. He's a good lad

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Bale won the champions league, what has Neymar done?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Bale is good enough for the EPL where all the players are poo poo but in an actual good league like La Liga he got sussed out

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005
Bale on the left or don't bother

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Brighterday posted:

Bale on the left or don't bother

but bale didnt play on the left much when he had his best season at spurs???

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I didn't even know Bale played last game. Thought he was hurt.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I re-watched the game today and completely forgot how Ronaldo bottled two easy goals. Guy just doesn't have have the stomach for big games it seems.

either does Munir tbh. Should've been 5-0

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Told you so, the fascist whites were just looking for an excuse to send the sudaca to the bench

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Out of that XI I'd only have Modric at Barca, drat what a bad team.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

El Hefe posted:

Why would Madrid get rid of Varane and Marcelo, though?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

surrender posted:

Why would Madrid get rid of Varane and Marcelo, though?

Pep and Aragones didn't get rid of every single player, they got rid of the trouble players, that's what RM needs to do.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

El Hefe posted:

Pep and Aragones didn't get rid of every single player, they got rid of the trouble players, that's what RM needs to do.

whoosh

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

El Hefe posted:

Out of that XI I'd only have Modric at Barca, drat what a bad team.

tbf they were playing shakhtar which i just realized isnt in turkey and is in ukraine or something

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Luke Smith posted:

tbf they were playing shakhtar which i just realized isnt in turkey and is in ukraine or something

Either way it's actually Asia.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Rafa has been hard at work to get Bale back on track

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Remember that season at Liverpool when the narrative about Suarez was that he couldn't finish?

https://streamable.com/vumc

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Big Mar strikes again.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Neymar and Suarez have scored in like the past 20 games in a row

its ridiculous

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

remember the narrative as well that he could only do it against the weak teams and couldnt show up in big games? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Bravo owns

• Locked thread