Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Yorkshire Tea posted:

He trained with Frieza and got hench.

DBM is hilarious right now. So some fans won Cameos for the original characters in DBM. They tried to trap Videl and got the poo poo kicked out of them.

The tears are amazing. "There's no way my (and I'm not making GBS threads you) Mage/Pokemon character would get chumped by an earthling as weak as Videl!"

Goddamn the DBM team deserve a medal for doing this.

Ah, I was wondering why those weird characters suddenly showed up only to get the poo poo beat out of them. Glad to know the backstory, this is hilarious now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I knew who they were supposed to be but didn't know about the crying

absolutely amazing

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I actually forgot Videl could even fight. She just stands there looking gormless all the time lately.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She had a really brutal fight against Spopovich and then never again

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well movies had her playing Superhero with Gohan for a bit.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Well she doesn't even react to anything lately. It's like she's been lobotomised.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Baal posted:

Freeza is the only one who benefit from that training.

Clearly not, though, if he could do what you're mad about.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, they pretty much erased any character she had. RIP Videl you were a fun and good character.

Justin_Brett posted:

Clearly not, though, if he could do what you're mad about

Hahaha, what. This character has never fought prior to that one moment and the movie makes no effort to show the training effected anyone other than Freeza since Freeza's goons can't even handle loving Roshi and Space Patrolman Jaco ganging up on them. There's no reason to think this dude is the special outlier just because they bothered to dedicate one line of dialogue to reference his power level since that also just invalidates that line and makes it pointless which is just as easily bad writing. Power level crap is stupid, but the movie should just not draw attention to it and just say the dude is really loving strong.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 23, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

sharktamer posted:

Well she doesn't even react to anything lately. It's like she's been lobotomised.

Such is marriage in the eyes of the anime builders

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Baal posted:

Yeah, they pretty much erased any character she had. RIP Videl you were a fun and good character.

cool and we'll developed female characters are not very Dragon Ball sorry

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
that is legit the worst part of this series imo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The worst part of the series is when Vegeta is not on the screen

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Actually the worst part is Goku. Abolish Goku 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nah, Goku's good, but not as good

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Farecoal posted:

cool and we'll developed female characters are not very Dragon Ball sorry

Krillin had that girlfriend that one time

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Bulma exists and is occasionally an important plot item.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Bring back Lunch. She was cool.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

HD DAD posted:

Bring back Lunch. She was cool.

According to this...

quote:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/mando-kobayashi-akira-toriyama-qa/

Tenshinhan’s Epilogue:
Stoic Tenshinhan mainly does farming in addition to his training. He can split into multiple bodies and grow extra arms, so harvesting the crops goes quickly. He was found by Lunch, who fell in love with him at first sight and had been constantly pursuing his whereabouts, and even reluctantly lived together with her; but she wasn’t cut out for farming, and Tenshinhan has no interest in romance, so she left after just a few days. After that, it seems Lunch apparently stops in from time to time.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Tenshinhan has no interest in romance...with people that aren't Chiatzu or however you spell his name now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tenshinhan and Lunch are married with a farm to take care of and you will not tell me otherwise

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tien can't read or write, and counts on Chiaotzu to do the books for the farm.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bulma is the weird exception to the rule in Dragon Ball, in which marriage didn't remove her personality and ability to act on her own at all and instead might've actually boosted it, if only because she and Vegeta work really well off each other.

Because they're both egocentric, selfish, easily triggered and immature, which ends up being absolutely hilarious.

18 also clearly still has her personality, she just doesn't get to actually act a lot of the time despite being stronger than every human. Which isn't saying a lot in Dragon Ball, but still!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys should stop watching Super Dragonball or whatever and instead read Dragon Ball, one of the sickest mangas of all time.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

When a woman gets married in anime that basically replaces their entire character and I loving hate it

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

quote:

LSSJG Kor Saiyajinkami
Okay I think now I'm kinda glad that I didn't win the contest to have my OC in the comic because I would've been pissed to have him both under Majin control and to have him lose to Videl seeing as my character is to put it bluntly is an extremely powerful genetically engineered Saiyan that is kinda like Cell and far outclasses Beerus-sama. Yeah I know he's a Mary Sue, but I made him that way on purpose. Don't get me wrong, I don't just go around rekking everyone I come across with him. He has a nemesis that is well himself from a Shattered Glass Universe and the mechanics of my RP make it to where he gets nerfed to be somewhere in the same power Tier as the strongest warrior in whatever Universe he is within.

quote:

Come on DBM Team... just having a single cameo would have been better than this. I don't think we wanted to see our characters get turned into worthless villains to be beaten up by the weakest of DBZ characters. I mean, I would think any kind of Mage/Pokemon would have a chance at beating Videl in a 4v1 scenario. Guess they didn't give him any powers whatsoever to be on par with the other 3 human characters. Would have been a ton cooler to see him assist Babidi in Magic or have helped the Z-fighters in someway and not been Majin'd at all.

quote:

The Delphox has powers of his own and is a fighter, but, I don't think the DBM team decided to give him those powers based on how he's been portrayed so far. Videl is tough, but she wouldn't be able to beat his magic if he had actually used it.

Anyways, most of us are just dissapointed because of how they were all pretty much set up to fail while anyone who didn't win is having a feild day with it, and it's not even the characters' fault to begin with. We just expected to have our characters innocently be in the crowds , but they get mind controlled into being beaten up. Kinda sucks =/

Feels like being Contest Losers rather than Contest winners

The gift that keeps on giving. Although I feel I've become stupider from reading them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

You guys should stop watching Super Dragonball or whatever and instead read Dragon Ball, one of the sickest mangas of all time.

:agreed:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

quote:

Any kind of Mage/Pokemon

:vince:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Yorkshire Tea posted:

The gift that keeps on giving. Although I feel I've become stupider from reading them.

The first quote is saying "I don't just go around wrecking people with him" like it's a normal thing. Where are you taking him? Just in your fanfictions? You can't say "Yeah, he's stronger than Beerus but he's not a Mary Sue". loving nerds man. What did they thing was going to happen? They'd get an awesome cameo where they sweep in and win the tournament?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's like when Andrew Hussie charged someone I think $5000 to put their OC in Homestuck and killed them in 3 panels.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
My OC is part Saiyan and is stronger than Beerus-sama-senpai he's only the strongest guy ever

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I mean I only make him as strong as the strongest guy in the universe he's in.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Shows they don't read the comic very well. One of the early tournaments an OC parody joins and gets wrecked.

And by Arale which is even better.

Part of me hopes these are just young people, because otherwise it's just plain sad.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 23, 2015

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

At this point I would've prefered if Videl had turned into Chichi II.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

projecthalaxy posted:

Tien can't read or write, and counts on Chiaotzu to do the books for the farm.

Considering Krillin beat Chiaotzu by taking advantage of the fact Chiaotzu can't do math without counting on his fingers, I doubt this.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Nobody said they were successful

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Shows they don't read the comic very well. One of the early tournaments an OC parody joins and gets wrecked.

And by Arale which is even better.

Part of me hopes these are just young people, because otherwise it's just plain sad.

There are grown rear end people in this thread that are upset about Dragonball Super, who aren't much different than these people.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Squallege posted:

Nobody said they were successful

You can only cheat a man with such big shoulders once. I figure word got out to the other wholesalers pretty quick.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

There are grown rear end people in this thread that are upset about Dragonball Super, who aren't much different than these people.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
People care about things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

They shouldn't

• Locked thread