Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Tae posted:

I will pay you 5 dollars if you email that and it gets read, no joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JVNMmsN3Co

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I am a giant infant who cries at the end of undertale every single time

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Scene: a dark and stormy night in a grimy, unwashed city

Giant Bomb Thread hurries down an alleyway, carrying a basket tightly in her arms, rain pattering off her shrouded form. She dashes out onto a rainy street with nobody on it, the only building brightly lit being a church nearby. She hurries up The Church Of Best Friends steps, making sure nobody was watching, and places the basket at the door, rapping thrice before hurrying off into the night.

A short, ginger priest opens the door, looking side to side to see who's there before hearing cries from below. He reaches down, lifting the basket up, to find a bawling baby inside, with a note.

He reads the note. "Please take care of my child, for I cannot. His name...is Dias."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blockhouse posted:

It is a good and emotional ending!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
lol such funny

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah, that ending makes me super emotional, which is weird because usually I only get all weepy when the subject of something is music, since I'm a huge music geek. I must be falling for the musical cues anyway because holy gently caress is that battle on point with those.

Undertale's True Pacifist Ending is the epitome of a Good-rear end Good Ending anyway. Every time I see it I'm all contented and happy inside, hehe.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Undertale's True Ending is actually kind of a huge bummer, for Asriel at least. Asriel is doomed to never be happy and there's no way to save him. Sure, you SAVEd him, but he's just going to turn back into Flowey, and be a soulless abomination once again.

The genocide run goes more into WHY, but yeah, the true pacifist ending is not actually 100% super happy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

Undertale's True Ending is actually kind of a huge bummer, for Asriel at least. Asriel is doomed to never be happy and there's no way to save him. Sure, you SAVEd him, but he's just going to turn back into Flowey, and be a soulless abomination once again.

The genocide run goes more into WHY, but yeah, the true pacifist ending is not actually 100% super happy.

Asriel's fate is bittersweet, but that's as close to a good ending as you can get for him. He got to feel feelings again, made peace with everything that happened, and still seems to retain some awareness of what has happened and that he shouldn't interfere, if the monologue when you try to start a new game means anything. It's not 100% super happy, but it's close enough. I mean, he starts the game as a murderous soulless fuckin' death flower, and at least two of those adjectives are gone by the time he opens the portal outside.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Captain Invictus posted:

Scene: a dark and stormy night in a grimy, unwashed city

Giant Bomb Thread hurries down an alleyway, carrying a basket tightly in her arms, rain pattering off her shrouded form. She dashes out onto a rainy street with nobody on it, the only building brightly lit being a church nearby. She hurries up The Church Of Best Friends steps, making sure nobody was watching, and places the basket at the door, rapping thrice before hurrying off into the night.

A short, ginger priest opens the door, looking side to side to see who's there before hearing cries from below. He reaches down, lifting the basket up, to find a bawling baby inside, with a note.

He reads the note. "Please take care of my child, for I cannot. His name...is Dias."

Also the beginning to the Mario Bros movie.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

And also a shitpost

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Captain Invictus is good with money, bad with posting. That is my hot take on Captain Invictus' posting, thanks for reading.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Will you three just gently caress already? It's getting annoying.

Captain Invictus posted:

I originally thought that he would hold onto the experience and remember what it's like to feel love, but after some personal experiences with functioning sociopaths in real life, I admit to not knowing what's going to happen with precious goat baby.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

We haven't seen if the Asterisk holder is now a cowgirl or what, but the characters new costume literally just adds a hat. That's it. Did people even play Bravely Default? Your characters wear goofy poo poo that's themed after the * bosses. The one in the middle is what one of the characters (who's white anyway) would wear as it's styled after the girl on the left, far right they just add a hat, she's still in a bikini or whatever. Holy poo poo this is dumb.

The issue isn't that she's gone from wearing no pants to wearing pants and a hat.

From what I've read, the upset is over the perception that the costume/character is being "censored" in response to cultural sensitivities as part of the localization process. The original costume is being viewed as too tasteless for North American audiences, so it's being changed into something less culturally offensive. Some folks find this offensive on its own because "it's just a costume." I personally don't give a gently caress; I just think you missed the point a little by yelling about the hat. :shobon:

The Xenoblade example -- yeah, that's a clear-cut example of a character's outfit being changed because it's way too skimpy for a young/underage girl. The above "Tomahawk" -> "Cowboy" transformation is not an example of editing down a character's over-sexualization.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1144280

I don't always watch Saturday Morning Scrublords because I'm not huge into fighting games, but holy poo poo, SVC had me rolling. JESUS!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
This mirrors edge lp is pretty good, its like the liam speedrun but with more salt and Pat saying weird stuff

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Depths posted:

This mirrors edge lp is pretty good, its like the liam speedrun but with more salt and Pat saying weird stuff

Pat's monologue on elevators is very powerful.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Last episode's focus on the horrors of elevators was pretty cool.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah it's the kind of LP you don't see super often on the channel where both people know the game really well and that makes it super entertaining

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That elevator talk was amazing and actually seeing the sign

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

This is that brutal elevator safety warning Pat talked about in the newest part of Mirror's Edge.

is horrifying and great

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Pat mentioned in the new mirrors edge on vessel that f.lux is the reason why he couldnt see stuff in the shitstorm games :v:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Depths posted:

Pat mentioned in the new mirrors edge on vessel that f.lux is the reason why he couldnt see stuff in the shitstorm games :v:

Wait, poo poo, I thought that automatically turned off when you opened a game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Silentman0 posted:

If you go fullscreen, yeah. They might've played in windowed mode.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Silentman0 posted:

It depends on the game, I think, something to do with DirectX versions allowing gamma changes.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I will never understand how people willingly use f.lux. It just makes your whole screen look like poo poo and ruins all the colors.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Andrast posted:

I will never understand how people willingly use f.lux. It just makes your whole screen look like poo poo an ruins all the colors.

It reduces eyestrain in the dark

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, it's fine if you're not doing something that requires color fidelity (or if you don't give a gently caress about it anyway). I used it to read stuff at night, it's just a color temperature change to lessen eyestrain. Actually, I sorta miss it now that I'm using a laptop without it installed.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Foxhound posted:

Yeah no loving poo poo, thanks for embedding a video with a spoiler in the preview picture.

I don't have embedding videos on so I didn't even think about that. Sorry, changed it now.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Mirror's Edge LP is my favourite style of SBFP LP, where they talk a little about the game, then just fill the rest of the time with just funny chit-chat.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Mirror's Edge LP is my favourite style of SBFP LP, where they talk a little about the game, then just fill the rest of the time with just funny chit-chat.

Would've been even better if they were drunk but alas having such a strong LP out of the gate? Who?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

what separates it from stuff like ultra despair girls to me is that even while they're talking poo poo about elevators or Dead Space or faulty blaster rifles, they're still engaging with the game. They have cool stuff to say about it, and Woolie showing what he's picked up from speed runs and talking about how they'd fix parts of the game that are less-than-great is really entertaining.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Depths posted:

hes a dumbass

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

Captain Invictus posted:

A short, ginger priest opens the door, looking side to side to see who's there before hearing cries from below.
He promptly strides past the giant wicker basket without looking down and spends the next 30 minutes walking up and down the street muttering, "Where is this kid!?" :v:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rodyle posted:

And also a shitpost

There's no difference between a normal post, care post, and a shitpost. I hope this helps.

root posted:

He promptly strides past the giant wicker basket without looking down and spends the next 30 minutes walking up and down the street muttering, "Where is this kid!?" :v:

Later he's joined by a monk who just keeps mumbling "Funneling...funneling."

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Andrast posted:

I will never understand how people willingly use f.lux. It just makes your whole screen look like poo poo and ruins all the colors.

If you're on your computer late at night, and you actually want to go to sleep later, it's invaluable.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Turn off f.lux when doing color sensitive work and keep it on when you dont want to burn your eyes at night, it aint rocket science pal

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Blockhouse posted:

what separates it from stuff like ultra despair girls to me is that even while they're talking poo poo about elevators or Dead Space or faulty blaster rifles, they're still engaging with the game. They have cool stuff to say about it, and Woolie showing what he's picked up from speed runs and talking about how they'd fix parts of the game that are less-than-great is really entertaining.

Yeah, I was quietly impressed when Woolie was busting out the speedrun tech from the start, then he took the time to actually explain why he was strafehopping to start running etc.

Mirror's Edge is such a good game and I'm so gutted I can't afford a next-gen console to play the sequel :smith:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
F. Lux is good

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I paid quite a bit of money to get a good sRGB monitor (not a big deal nowadays) and drat it I am going to see those colors :shepicide:

Don't you guys have your computers set to sleep mode or do you just pass out at your keyboards until you get back up to shitpost in the mornings?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Commissar Ken posted:

Also the beginning to the Mario Bros movie.
You got it!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

cmykjester posted:

I paid quite a bit of money to get a good sRGB monitor (not a big deal nowadays) and drat it I am going to see those colors :shepicide:

Don't you guys have your computers set to sleep mode or do you just pass out at your keyboards until you get back up to shitpost in the mornings?

I turn my PC off and go to sleep when I feel tired

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cmykjester posted:

I just shitpost while asleep. Saves time. Also, I do most of my work on my home PC anyway, so I'm in front of a bright-rear end screen for extended periods of time. An auto-dimmer is really good for my tiny little fragile eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

cmykjester posted:

I've read a bunch of poo poo that the white/blue lights tend to gently caress with your brain and can make it harder for you to get tired / get good rest. (On top of eye strain)

Mirror's Edge chat: I'm loving the goofy foot dance Woolie does on waits. Pat cheering when Woolie fucks up is pretty great too.