Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
seriously this is incredible, somebody give these nerds free tickets for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
"don't let guardian get that awp" lol

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I can't imagine playing with my left hand literally behind my monitor.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
im the formula one racing gaming chair

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anyone noticed a pretty big swing in hacking lately? Lots of spin botters in Valve DM and Overwatch.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

A few people I played against earlier this week are already VAC banned but I don't know if that's because there are more hackers or whether I've just been unlucky this week.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I play a fair amount of arms race and I've noticed an upswing of hackers there too trying to get their profiles to rank 3.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I've noticed a lot of hackers lately in 1v1 servers of all things. Just coming in and spinbotting their way to arena 1 and staying there. Like...what's the point? Just trolling?

Haven't noticed anything obvious at SMFC matchmaking.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
2 on 1 at A site Mirage, bomb down, don't know where last guy is. I check connector, he's there, I shoot him in the head, he shoots me in the head, I have an M4, he has an AK. Last CT doesn't manage to kill him. He blames me for not killing the guy.

I love this game. I spent the rest of the game blaming him every time we'd lose a round because he didn't kill everyone.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
First games of the night : "who did you pay to boost you you piece of poo poo?"

second game of the night : "lol you hacker scum, what? you getting paid by these scubs for the carry, thrid world shitter"

Thrid game of the night : "uninstall this game or dont soloq. please."

Forth game of the night : "nice smurf bro"

etc,,

Thats my favorite thing about this game.

Also, who was captain on Inferno the other night with me ,drunk Irish guy with unintelligible accent and lovely mic, and 3 others who never talked? I felt bad for the dude, that was a tough group to marshel.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Yall solo queuing so, y'know, what do you expect?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Aaron Carter and Deadmau5 are supposed to fight today or something right?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

How do I make dedicated server only load workshop collection maps? I use sv_workshop_allow_other_maps 0 command, but it doesn't seem to be one that I need.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

mcvey posted:

All my friends were doing something else and I really felt the need for frags :(

Fat Lou posted:

Aaron Carter and Deadmau5 are supposed to fight today or something right?

Aaron Carter beat Shaq I don't think some dude in a mouse head is gonna be a worry.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

mcvey posted:

I solo queued an ESEA game on mirage. The top guy on our team was pretty good and was vibing well with me because I bought him an awp twice, but we only managed to scrounge up something like 6 rounds as T, so when we start losing something fierce as CT he begins making GBS threads on the guy holding A with him, just relentlessly talking smack every time he dies or fails to get a frag. Through some kind of miracle and a 1v3 retake by yours truly, we start turning things around and manage to stay on matchpoint for like 6 rounds in a row until we force overtime, upon which the guy who has been shat on the entire game disconnects while we vote for playing for OT- leaving us to get steamrolled the remaining rounds.

I don't blame the leaver at all, who the gently caress wants to keep playing when you're a punching bag for every loss. It's basically https://i.imgur.com/UVmMPyf.jpg in game form.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

solo queue is the true test of skill

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

dex_sda posted:

solo queue is the true test of skill

people who say this are like people who prefer artisanal wood pan flutes to regular ones; yeah sure it's cool that you wanted someone to suffer for long hours over a trivial pursuit so you can brag to your mom about its special handcrafted attributes but its probably more or less the same thing as a mass produced one, but you wanted to feel like you're somehow better than everyone else because of these specific reasons and you dont even know how to play a loving pan flute you giant nerd get a life wow

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Alternatively you just like to mm sometimes on your own and if global comes along it bears mentioning how you got it

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
lol if you play some lovely mass produced pan flute have fun blowing through tubes made from slave labor.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I blow whatever tubes I want pal

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
I fired up CS for the first time since before the GTA5 PC launch and this new level stuff is silly and annoying and all my previous CS bros are way higher rank than they were when I last played

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Late post but IEM was sick. Was a little depressing seeing one of my former heroes in Ksharp getting wrecked like that in the exhibition though :rip:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

canoshiz posted:

Late post but IEM was sick. Was a little depressing seeing one of my former heroes in Ksharp getting wrecked like that in the exhibition though :rip:

Were you the guy telling YEAH/NO?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Smithereens posted:

people who say this are like people who prefer artisanal wood pan flutes to regular ones; yeah sure it's cool that you wanted someone to suffer for long hours over a trivial pursuit so you can brag to your mom about its special handcrafted attributes but its probably more or less the same thing as a mass produced one, but you wanted to feel like you're somehow better than everyone else because of these specific reasons and you dont even know how to play a loving pan flute you giant nerd get a life wow

Smithereens, brutally attacked by a vintage flute as a child

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

well i guess it's time for a new account

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Alternatively you just like to mm sometimes on your own and if global comes along it bears mentioning how you got it

as an mg1, i am qualified to say that i could get to global ez if i didnt have poo poo teammates. some of us are just unlucky. i should just focus on cool leg :tem:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Google Butt posted:

Were you the guy telling YEAH/NO?

No that guy was basically right next to the crowd mic and I was seated all the way in the back

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Solo Q is good if you have no friends better than you at the game who want to queue with you and also if you enjoy getting bitch whipped by Russian blyat nahuys.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Luminosity supposedly changing their roster.

-steel
-boltz

+fnx
+TACO

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

qhat posted:

Solo Q is good if you have no friends better than you at the game who want to queue with you and also if you enjoy getting bitch whipped by Russian blyat nahuys.

In America, the only thing you have to deal with is a lot of 15 year old kids who spam the mike and scream "gently caress THIS poo poo I HIT HIM FOR 90 UGHHH" before ceasing comms or, if you're lucky, they just won't comm anything. I think it's cool for a warmup.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Ime american voip is 75% children yelling "friend of the family" on all the wrong irony levels

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm the guy who force buys every round and the minute you complain about it I get a 2k that round and act like it justifies my lovely buys the rest of the game.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I'm the guy who force buys every round and the minute you complain about it I get a 2k that round and act like it justifies my lovely buys the rest of the game.

This is me but my buy is just a deagle and I do it every time I can't full buy.

Eaterofpoptarts
Oct 7, 2013

Jeza posted:

You're welcome. In my opinion the issue is very likely driver related, although unfortunately it looks like you've gone down that route quite extensively to no avail. You don't happen to be using a USB headset do you? As they are soundcards in themselves, there could be driver incompatibility there you are not considering.

Obviously prevention is better than cure, but the console command "snd_restart 1" will have the same effect as changing from Headphones to Speakers and back again. If you bind that to a key, you'll only need to worry about the little freezes. (Hoping this command isn't banned, it used to be used for an exploit.)

Jeza, I'm using a Steel Series Siberia headset, it's a traditional style that plugs into a sound card.

UPDATE

I got a suggestion from the Haus of Tech Support post recommending I update my onboard sound card drivers. I did so, and now I get an issue where i lose ALL sound for a second (skype Teamspeak, music, etc) instead of just CS. They gave me a couple more suggestions for fixes but if those don't work I think I'm going to buy a seperate soundcard.

If I ever manage to resolve the issue I'll make a post here letting everyone know the fix.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm so new and dumb that I don't understand how to find you in an empty chat room :(

I just want to shoot guys with goons.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Star Man posted:

I just want to shoot guys with goons.

This is your first mistake.

The second is not checking out this thread in PGS that should have everything you need

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smithereens posted:

cool

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Smithereens posted:

as an mg1, i am qualified to say that i could get to global ez if i didnt have poo poo teammates. some of us are just unlucky. i should just focus on cool leg :tem:

I am but a humble SEM, I know not how these people do it :grin:

Motley
Nov 1, 2013
I've been really really getting in to this game lately. I'm Nova 2, but I think I'm worse than that. I'm extremely interested in learning and getting better, but I'm having a really hard time playing solo in MM

Is there a group of lower ranked players that play here? I'd really like to get better and have a good time playing with people rather than dealing with random people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

In America, the only thing you have to deal with is a lot of 15 year old kids who spam the mike and scream "gently caress THIS poo poo I HIT HIM FOR 90 UGHHH" before ceasing comms or, if you're lucky, they just won't comm anything. I think it's cool for a warmup.

The language barrier in EU generally means there is a pretty good signal to noise ratio since conversing casually in English is :effort: and people only talk when they have something important to say.

• Locked thread