Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

#AllFactsMatter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
How the gently caress is he supposed to respond to that? "Yes, I'm scared of my own constituents, who voted me into office"?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

"gently caress off"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

I'm certainly not afraid to go to Hamtramck for amazing Polish/Middle Eastern food.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Mr. Wookums posted:

"gently caress off"

I think you'll find that will scare the moderates on the issue away

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

:wow:, cnn is getting pretty lovely, like fox level lovely instead of you know normal cnn levels.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Dapper_Swindler posted:

:wow:, cnn is getting pretty lovely, like fox level lovely instead of you know normal cnn levels.

They've been this bad for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sfo32rlkiE

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

JT Jag posted:

How the gently caress is he supposed to respond to that? "Yes, I'm scared of my own constituents, who voted me into office"?

The correct answer is 'Of course not.'

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

At least they are off of 24 HOUR CODE BLACK TERRORISM WATCH and have returned the website to normal colors and headline font sizes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Night10194 posted:

With some added "And how dare you insinuate that I should be afraid of my hardworking American constituents."

E: VVV Close enough, could have pandered more, 7/10.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 23, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Night10194 posted:

quote:

KAREN MAJEWSKI: No, I'm not afraid. And actually, I'd like to make another correction. We have, as of our last election, which was a couple weeks ago, we elected a Muslim-majority council. Whether the demographics of the city would say we're a Muslim majority city, I don't think that we're there yet. I think we're probably somewhere in the 40 percent Muslim for the city overall. But our city council that will take office in January will be a majority-Muslim council.

COSTELLO: So does that concern some of your citizens?

MAJEWSKI: You know, the issues, we're a small city. We're 23-24,000 people, we're 2.2 square miles. The issues for most of our residents are, can we fix the streets? Will the street lights -- the street light that's out in front of my house, can we get that fixed? They're local issues. And there's not a kind of level of fear that we hear when we talk about this on a national level. Really, our city council and our residents are most concerned with the day-to-day issues that affect their life when they walk out their front door.

Source.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

I'm baffled as to why you think being mod of the gun forum means it's okay for you to shitpost like this.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Lessail posted:

I think you'll find that will scare the moderates on the issue away
Moderates will also be swayed by validating the leading question.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

In other news...
A couple weeks ago, Hamtramck* Michigan, a city within the city limits of Detroit, elected its first majority-Muslim city council. This was, as you can imagine, quite a shock to the millions of totally not racist white people in the metro area. Once the Paris attacks happened, Hamtown's new city council caught the eye of pearlclutchers and earnest question askers on the national stage. Today, Hamtramck's mayor, Karen Majewski (who owns) went on CNN and defended the city in the face of a barrage of stupid and embarrassing CNN questions.

Hamtramck is one of the most diverse areas in the metro area, as well as one of the hardest drinking, hardest partying cities in Michigan with killer music, bar, and (emerging) culinary scenes. There's also a huge population of Muslims from numerous countries in Hamtramck, which has infused the once almost completely Polish city with a bunch of fantastic food and sparkly headscarf stores. Hardly anyone who actually lives in Hamtramck is really concerned about the makeup of city council, but the white people who fled north of 8 Mile rather than face the terror of having to live next door to a brown person (and their descendants) have worked themselves into a lather again over those people ruining Hamtramck and Shariah law being passed any second now.

*It's pronounced Ham-TRAM-ick.

Edit: GODDAMMIT ZOUX! :argh:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Karen Tumulty of the Post was cleaning up her office today and found two of the best memos of all time.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Speaking of the media generally being terrible and useless, there's this Medium post of someone catching them in the act of trolling Twitter for PC GONE MAD: https://medium.com/@parkermolloy/5-things-the-media-does-to-manufacture-outrage-ba79125e1262#.jqbczkn8s

Tie this with the incredibly obvious hamfisted attempts at reporters pestering people experiencing a disaster, and they've gotten really bad (though they were never good).

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

An Angry Bug posted:

I'm baffled as to why you think being mod of the gun forum means it's okay for you to shitpost like this.

I don't think openly asking why people engage with aggressively bad posters is shitposting? :confused:

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

My Imaginary GF posted:

The school followed its internal policies by-the-book. How do you know its a clock and not a bomb, unless you have the bomb squad come?

But the school didn't even call the bomb squad. They clearly didn't think it was a bomb.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Mitt Romney posted:

Also I think most cities have insurance for lawsuits and similar events.

Ok that's cool then

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

While it is true that no one should engage MIGF as such, it is still a good idea to remind him he's a stupid rear end in a top hat from time to time. Being a stupid rear end in a top hat, he's likely to forget otherwise.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Best Congressional press release ever

Edit: goddammit Joementum, I posted this less than 10 minutes after she tweeted that out, how did you beat me?

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 23, 2015

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

In other news...
A couple weeks ago, Hamtramck* Michigan, a city within the city limits of Detroit, elected its first majority-Muslim city council. This was, as you can imagine, quite a shock to the millions of totally not racist white people in the metro area. Once the Paris attacks happened, Hamtown's new city council caught the eye of pearlclutchers and earnest question askers on the national stage. Today, Hamtramck's mayor, Karen Majewski (who owns) went on CNN and defended the city in the face of a barrage of stupid and embarrassing CNN questions.

Hamtramck is one of the most diverse areas in the metro area, as well as one of the hardest drinking, hardest partying cities in Michigan with killer music, bar, and (emerging) culinary scenes. There's also a huge population of Muslims from numerous countries in Hamtramck, which has infused the once almost completely Polish city with a bunch of fantastic food and sparkly headscarf stores. Hardly anyone who actually lives in Hamtramck is really concerned about the makeup of city council, but the white people who fled north of 8 Mile rather than face the terror of having to live next door to a brown person (and their descendants) have worked themselves into a lather again over those people ruining Hamtramck and Shariah law being passed any second now.

*It's pronounced Ham-TRAM-ick.

Edit: GODDAMMIT ZOUX! :argh:

My car was built in Hamtramck and hasn't exploded yet, but it could be those crafty Muslims are waiting to activate it remotely. :tinfoil:

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Treating the media with contempt seems more applicable today than ever. Nixon, good on football and hating reporters.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

foobardog posted:

Treating the media with contempt seems more applicable today than ever. Nixon, good on football and hating reporters.

Also correct about hotpants.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

oh god the sitcom potential

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

foobardog posted:

They got him back in the end though.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Bernie Sanders/Killer Mike 2016

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I can't wait for this album.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

pathetic little tramp posted:

oh god the sitcom potential

You're about 40 years too late for pitching an All in the Family sitcom.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Also correct about hotpants.

Jesus christ.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

oh my god, was Bernie okay?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jimmy Carter correctly substituted green beans for green peas at Thanksgiving, but also crossed out the potatoes?! IMPEACH!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Carter knew the only proper place for green peas is in guacamole.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Is it safe to approach this thread with a spark yet? The amount of straw here was getting really dangerous.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm certainly not afraid to go to Hamtramck for amazing Polish/Middle Eastern food.

Polish Village Cafe or death.

This is good, and you should feel good about it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Who is killer Mike, was he on the Wire?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

greatn posted:

Who is killer Mike, was he on the Wire?

Seriously?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lIqNjC1RKU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

He is DnD's signature rap artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Eh it's been a few years since that was basically the D&D anthem, I think people can be excused for not knowing it.

• Locked thread