Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Art.

e: reposting for new page:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nice

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Hello old friend.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Disco Infiva posted:

Hello old friend.

no ring, 2/10

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Goatsurabutt.jpg, someone make it happen :getin:

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
"Organized TD Meta/Gerent, please get on our guild's teamspeak and join squad and-"

NUHOCH HAS FAILED

"Oh well, nice try guys see ya in 2 hours"

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kill Vale guardian, then a hard DPS check event before you even get to the next boss (and platforming).

Here's my cool Guardian:

And some other nerds

Also how terrible the loot was.

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 23, 2015

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

What a good looking crew (except shadowshift)

Also lonk this is ingame specifically for you:

e: vvvv where did you put the rear end, it's there somewhere I know it

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

impressive.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

every day i slip further and further behind on being able to reliably help beat raid stuff before people get bored of it or wouldn't want to bring along a newbie anyways

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

every day i slip further and further behind on being able to reliably help beat raid stuff before people get bored of it or wouldn't want to bring along a newbie anyways
When we did it yesterday we had someone who'd never done it before and got it sub 20% on the first try so I don't think bringing newbies is really a problem. The get bored of it thing is going to be a legit problem though, especially if Anet do their 'introduce a new content form and then go ride bikes and never touch it again' thing they tend to do.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like if they don't tune it to be like...10% easier or some poo poo at the least then the vast majority of the playerbase is going to genuinely stop caring after a couple of months. only those who absolutely need the legendary armor for whatever reason or those who have a tight-knit group that can easily clear it with no issues will still do it, but they're not enough by themselves to justify all the work that a-net apparently wants to put into this venture.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

the requirements for the legendary armour collection are so ridiculous that nobody who gets the armour will need it by that point

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Kessel posted:

the requirements for the legendary armour collection are so ridiculous that nobody who gets the armour will need it by that point

Keep in mind, folks: this is coming from Kes - someone who has more legendaries than most people have characters.

I figured the requirements would be insane, but to hear that from you shatters my expectations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Kessel posted:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

is the collection for individual pieces of armor or just the entire set at once? if it's individual pieces then i can see someone maybe slowly working towards it since they'll never have to worry about armor again for whatever slots they get, but i can only imagine what monumental clusterfuck it involves if it's the entire set at once.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
If Legendary armor isn't pretty enough for my princesses, then I will never need to do raids :colbert:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So is the raid loot bad?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Infuse Spirit Threads from Gorseval the Multifarious in Spirit Vale with ley-line energy released when defeating a Chak Gerent near the Ley-Line Confluence in the Tangled Depths. Combine 5 Energized Spirit Threads to form a Spirit Weave.

... is one of 18 requirements currently for the first tier of legendary armor (expiremental precursors), 12 of which are currently 'obscured' until they patch in the remaining raids probably.

You get a full set of ascended armor out of the first step at least!

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Alteisen posted:

So is the raid loot bad?

If you had a group of 10 ready to go each week that could tear through the raid, it would probably be worth the effort.

Scraping together a pug to kill vale guardian and maybe a trash event or two after, though... it's worth a couple gold at least, but so's autorunning through low level zones hammering the F key.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i kinda wanna raid, but i also kinda dont

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also there is literally no reward for failing to do a raid, so if your group gets him to 5% after 90 minutes of effort and then has to split, tough poo poo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you get a shard every time you make the vale guardian split. it's not a lot, but i guess eventually you can buy something you want even if your win/loss ratio is bad.

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

Alteisen posted:

So is the raid loot bad?

Depends on what you're looking for. In the Vale Guardian kill I was part of tonight, we had 3 minis drop, which everyone seemed to like and we had at least 1 ascended armor box drop. I'm not sure what else you would want to drop, but I wouldn't expect it to rain ascended gear down on people who participate in raids.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

is the collection for individual pieces of armor or just the entire set at once? if it's individual pieces then i can see someone maybe slowly working towards it since they'll never have to worry about armor again for whatever slots they get, but i can only imagine what monumental clusterfuck it involves if it's the entire set at once.

It appears to be the entire set at once.

Xenix fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 23, 2015

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Xenix posted:

I'm not sure what else you would want to drop

id like my balls to drop so people take me seriously on voice chat

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Xenix posted:

I was thinking earlier that I probably had no use of a single piece of stat-swap armour so this isn't too surprising.

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

Dreggon posted:

Me 2

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Xenix posted:

Well at least it does that. I was actually fully expecting each piece to have its own collection.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dreggon posted:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Did ascended gear recipes change when HoT came out? One of my friends has been talking about how ANet made them way, way harder to craft but they look about the same to me - just as miserable and time-consuming as ever.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Magres posted:

Did ascended gear recipes change when HoT came out? One of my friends has been talking about how ANet made them way, way harder to craft but they look about the same to me - just as miserable and time-consuming as ever.

The new stat arrays are a pain to make iirc, and also they introduced Damask Patches (made from Damask & Elonian Leather) as a replacement component where just plain Damask used to be. It sucks.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Yeah, the addition of all the leather is annoying. Ascended armor already took long enough. I wouldn't say it's "way, way harder" but it's definitely more time-consuming/expensive than it was before.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Birdpuncher pranks a raid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8IjXAdN1ZA

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A trick I've been doing for quickly leveling up masteries, do a bunch of gold adventures/heroic challenges/map meta events without opening the chests for awhile, then pop a exp booster for 1 laurel or a WvW Reward chest, lunar exp boost for 6 silver and a banner if available and open all the chests at once, it'll conserve exp boost time and is especially good for daily hero point rewards.

The chests seem to open by themselves after a certain number though so don't wait too long.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Any guides you'd reccomend for the adventures? I'm not very good at them

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Xun posted:

Any guides you'd reccomend for the adventures? I'm not very good at them

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3rr65s/video_for_every_adventure_goldmedal/

Shooting gallery and fallen masks are RNG heavy so leave those last.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Another thing is if you do a daily hero train in HoTS and don't open everything, you can bring those over to tyria and pop them for the mastery exp there instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Another thing is if you do a daily hero train in HoTS and don't open everything, you can bring those over to tyria and pop them for the mastery exp there instead.

I thought they changed that back in the beta so bags gave you XP from where you got them?

• Locked thread