Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

MohShuvuu posted:

Nobody plays them because they're ugly

Theres a Roegadame in one of the class quests thats pretty hot I forget which one. You can definitely make a kawaii Roegadame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Failboattootoot posted:

I'd play one but all the nose options are terrible and it bugs me. Also being tall is the worst since it looks like you are moving slow and just knowing that you aren't doesn't shake that feeling.

The speed problem is always what I have when I change off Lalafell. Tiny races just feel faster.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

LordNat posted:

The speed problem is always what I have when I change off Lalafell. Tiny races just feel faster.

I have this issue with mounts, too. It feels like I fly way faster on my chocobo than in the reaper, even if I know it isn't true.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Olesh posted:

Weirdly enough, if ACT overlays are tanking your FPS you might need to turn Aero on. If Aero is off, the overlays absolutely murder my FPS but with Aero on there's no noticeable hit. Worth a shot, assuming the overall marginal performance hit from Aero isn't a dealbreaker for you in other ways.

That's not weird. Aero makes Windows use the 3D accelerated window compositor. With Aero on, all windows become textures and the entire desktop is rendered using the GPU.

With Aero off, it falls back onto what's essentially the ancient VGA model of directly BLTing window contents from main memory into video memory.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fister Roboto posted:

Enchilada's snakes.

Wait what is there seriously a boss called enchilada because that's going to get very confusing for me.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

TheRagamuffin posted:

I have this issue with mounts, too. It feels like I fly way faster on my chocobo than in the reaper, even if I know it isn't true.

The broom is the worst. I swear that thing is at least twice as fast as my other mounts.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Wait what is there seriously a boss called enchilada because that's going to get very confusing for me.

It's Echidna but I assume Enchilada is phone posting auto correct's handiwork.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Scrublord Prime posted:

It's Echidna but I assume Enchilada is phone posting auto correct's handiwork.

Enchilada is Chalupa's older sister.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

IcePhoenix posted:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

There's also an A Rank in the Sea of Clouds called Enkelados, even closer!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Niton posted:

You can find her in the Tamale Deepcroft.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'd like FemRoe more if they had more two hairstyles that looked good on them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Niton posted:

Man, Chalupa would have been a way better name for my Chocobo than a type of chili pepper (Poblanas I think?)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

IcePhoenix posted:

Man, Chalupa would have been a way better name for my Chocobo than a type of chili pepper (Poblanas I think?)

Mine is Kwehtzalcoatl.

I refuse to change it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

IcePhoenix posted:

You can change it at your FC choco stable.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is excellent news.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

MohShuvuu posted:

^^^
A+ roegadame.

Elezen are the true ugly race.

Elezen desperately need their proportions redesigned. The relatively super tiny heads compared to their neck and shoulders just completely turn me away from the race completely. :sigh:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

So I'm in South Korea for at least a year and apparently I can't connect to the FFXIV servers from here. With the caveat that I am a troglodyte with regard to the intertubes and connecting to things and stuff, is there any thing I can do about this?

EDIT: I can connect to SWtOR just fine so if worse comes to worse I can play that for my MMO fix while I'm here and I unironically like SWtOR a lot, but I'd sure prefer FFXIV!

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 23, 2015

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.

FrostyPox posted:

So I'm in South Korea for at least a year and apparently I can't connect to the FFXIV servers from here. With the caveat that I am a troglodyte with regard to the intertubes and connecting to things and stuff, is there any thing I can do about this?

EDIT: I can connect to SWtOR just fine so if worse comes to worse I can play that for my MMO fix while I'm here and I unironically like SWtOR a lot, but I'd sure prefer FFXIV!

My understanding is that some korean ip addresses are blocked for whatever reason, but that if you use a VPN for the launcher and then disconnect it before hitting the play button you should be fine.

If that doesn't work you could always try just keeping the vpn up at all times, and if that doesn't work someone more knowledgeable than I would need to help.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

That worked! Hooray.

Unfortunately Hulu can apparently figure out that you're using a VPN so I suppose I will have to find other methods to watch 'murican TV shows.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

LordNat posted:

I play at 144 FPS in full screen. :pcgaming:

laptop standard settings doesn't count

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm

Mr. Nice! posted:

Good. Elchupacobro is getting a little old.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Skaw posted:

Elezen desperately need their proportions redesigned. The relatively super tiny heads compared to their neck and shoulders just completely turn me away from the race completely. :sigh:

How wrong you are, I love my giraffe.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SerCypher posted:

How wrong you are, I love my giraffe.

I gotta say it's a little weird that your armor is full plate on the torso and just no pants

It looks like someone pranked her by pulling down her full-plate greaves or whatever right before the picture was taken

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

FrostyPox posted:

That worked! Hooray.

Unfortunately Hulu can apparently figure out that you're using a VPN so I suppose I will have to find other methods to watch 'murican TV shows.

I've yet to find a service I could not access from Hong Kong / China when using a socks5 proxy via SSH connecting to a server in the USA. This is a lot less complicated than it sounds.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I got up to 60 DRK this weekend. Unless PLD gets a major overhall, I don't think I'm ever going back.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

I gotta say it's a little weird that your armor is full plate on the torso and just no pants

It looks like someone pranked her by pulling down her full-plate greaves or whatever right before the picture was taken

It's the pvp armor with the yukata hotpants. I don't like most of the pants textures in this game, a lot of them have like wierd leather codpiece things.

Loving the new armor though, I feel like a musketeer.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Relic quest is in two weeks, right?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Relic quest is in two weeks, right?

I don't recall anything saying we were jumping to 3.1.x so quickly. Do you have a source? 3.1 came out November 10th, and if we presume we're on a 3 month cycle again it's more likely to be late December if I had to guess. Especially if they expect random people to decide they want Zetas after the 3.1 nerfs to the chain.

nuru fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 24, 2015

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I am generally sensitive to big races in MMOS seeming slower but Roegadames don't feel sluggish to me. It probably is a function of them not having the proportions of a brick.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

SirPhoebos posted:

I got up to 60 DRK this weekend. Unless PLD gets a major overhall, I don't think I'm ever going back.

paladin rules
eat poo poo

love,

paladin

ps: dork knight lol

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

nuru posted:

I've yet to find a service I could not access from Hong Kong / China when using a socks5 proxy via SSH connecting to a server in the USA. This is a lot less complicated than it sounds.

Honestly I spent 2 weeks in China and never had an issue with any of the stuff you normally hear about being blocked (Facebook, Google, Bittorrent). Could be that the fancy hotel wi-fi connections get a pass through the Great Firewall though.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

nuru posted:

I don't recall anything saying we were jumping to 3.1.x so quickly. Do you have a source? 3.1 came out November 10th, and if we presume we're on a 3 month cycle again it's more likely to be late December if I had to guess. Especially if they expect random people to decide they want Zetas after the 3.1 nerfs to the chain.

Someone in guild chat had said that.

On another note, I wonder when we are going to go back to the Ul'dah plot. Ilberd is still out there and Yoshi promised us Omega in 3.x. I feel like the Ul'dah stuff was the only major failing in the 3.0 story. That got wrapped up far too fast in a far too unsatisfying way. It was a real wet fart of a story beat.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
If you haven't done the latest MSQ yet, do so, it may address some of your concerns going forward.

I think it's quite evident that the next patch's MSQ will be quite Ul'dah-focused, with the Yda and Papalymo stinger.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 24, 2015

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008
I heard that december was the eta for relic so that means it will be on the very last day of december.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
More Roegadame ninja, now with goofy bat outfit

Action shots, which, uh, yeah this all looks better in motion

Best race.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SirPhoebos posted:

Unless it's to try out warrior, I assume you mean.

Speaking of, I've been trying out warrior myself and now that I finally have it up to 54 I need to learn how to triple fell cleave so I can max out my Tomes Per Second

Here's what I've been doing, tell me if I'm dumb and doing it wrong:

Start in Defiance, build up 4 stacks of wrath the slow way
Berserk, switch to Deliverance
Cleave
Infuriate
Cleave
Vengeance (and later, raw intuition when I get it), build up to 5 stacks again
Cleave
Back to Defiance

Is that pretty much it? I mean...it's been working, and I haven't been dying, so I guess it must be fine, but I'm wondering if there's a better way that people are talking about when they talk about triple fell cleaving. Mustn't look incompetent in front of the pubbies

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ainsley McTree posted:

Man, I got MRD up to level 26 simply for mercy stroke, and I was gonna call it quits; but even at that level I was having fun hitting dudes with overpower, keeping up maim, and using berserk. I'm probably going to continue leveling it up, because the LDR queue for DPS has been absolutely atrocious lately (even moreso than usual).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ainsley McTree posted:

Speaking of, I've been trying out warrior myself and now that I finally have it up to 54 I need to learn how to triple fell cleave so I can max out my Tomes Per Second

Here's what I've been doing, tell me if I'm dumb and doing it wrong:

Start in Defiance, build up 4 stacks of wrath the slow way
Berserk, switch to Deliverance
Cleave
Infuriate
Cleave
Vengeance (and later, raw intuition when I get it), build up to 5 stacks again
Cleave
Back to Defiance

Is that pretty much it? I mean...it's been working, and I haven't been dying, so I guess it must be fine, but I'm wondering if there's a better way that people are talking about when they talk about triple fell cleaving. Mustn't look incompetent in front of the pubbies

My understanding is this is the best way to do it:

start with 4 stacks
heavy swing
berserk
fell cleave
combo x 2
combo x 3 (back at 4 stacks)
raw intuition/vengeance
fell cleave
infuriate
fell cleave
fracture

This requires you to have a decent chunk of skill speed, but you should be aiming for the 9-hit berserk breakpoint anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Honestly I spent 2 weeks in China and never had an issue with any of the stuff you normally hear about being blocked (Facebook, Google, Bittorrent). Could be that the fancy hotel wi-fi connections get a pass through the Great Firewall though.

International Hotels do get a pass in many major areas, yes. But my point was more that US services like Netflix and Hulu will say you cannot access them from outside the US, and the socks proxy gets around it easily whereas VPNs tend to go to services they blacklist.

• Locked thread