Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ah, forgot about the STR one. I just remember the AGI one getting a lot of criticism around launch. He seems solid enough, despite the passive, and will work quite well with SSJ2 Gohan and Kaioken Goku. Plus more variety in the ol' SSJ Team can't hurt.

I just awakened SR SSJ Adult Gohan and he seems quite impressive. Good links, solid passive, great stats. Seems like he'd be on par with SR Beerus if you're at 80 percent or less, and better if you hit Super Saiyan and Kamehameha.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I stupidly decided to waste all my stones on single pulls and got a bunch of rare garbage. :geno:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Ah, forgot about the STR one. I just remember the AGI one getting a lot of criticism around launch. He seems solid enough, despite the passive, and will work quite well with SSJ2 Gohan and Kaioken Goku. Plus more variety in the ol' SSJ Team can't hurt.

He's probably the worst SSR, and with Gohan and Kaioken Goku he wouldn't make your tournament team, but he's still a SSR so he packs quite the punch. Since you can't cheese STR enemies with -ATK leaders like every other type a strong AGL lineup is pretty important, so I'd awaken him. He lacks Shocking Speed/Strongest Duo on Earth, but that goes for Gohan as well, so just put them next to each other and watch the links explode.

SSJ Adult Gohan is really strong. Not quite as good as his teen version, especially if he is SA10, but probably still better than Piccolo/Xeno Trunks.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I did 100k with Bojack Gohan against a guard-broken golden frieza the other day. Felt good.

Meanwhile SSJ2 Cell Gohan did 100k without dokkan against story Vegeta. SSJ2 Gohan owns so hard

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
What's funny is officer krillin is considered a different form of krillin, but all tiens and piccolos are the same

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Alternately, I just need one more different Vegeta to make Vegeta Team. There's only 5 kinds of Vegeta at the moment and I have them all. I don't have SSJ2 Goku, or I could do Goku Team, as well.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
You could run a Gohan team but that involves using some not so great cards (kid, tracksuit)

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I've almost got a full Gohan team. I just wish they'd release a Mystic Gohan card

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Squallege posted:

I've almost got a full Gohan team. I just wish they'd release a Mystic Gohan card

I may or may not be saving all my leftover stones for exactly this (it helps that he's basically a Top3 card in Japan, with a place in literally every rainbow team ever)

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Like an idiot I just blew 30 stones pulling crap. Once in a while I forget how pointless single summons are.

Like not even event-relevant Rs just poo poo versions of ginyus, z-fighters, and 19.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

How about a better way to spend your stones?

Someone on reddit pulled the tournament mission list from Bandai.

Don't be fooled by the dragonstone prices. You have to spend quite a few stones on stamina to get anywhere near 100 wins.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what the Satan statue does

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Do we have any idea when the Tournament is due to start?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Squallege posted:

I wonder what the Satan statue does

You sell it for a stack of zeni.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

How do tournaments even work?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ok, so now I have 7 UR* Super Saiyans and 4 SSR* ones. Also Golden Frieza. I guess I'll awaken Majin Buu next?

Also got my mitts on a Max Power Roshi. I'm looking forward to seeing what he's really capable of, it seems like he could be up there with that big +70% attack on super passive with Kamehameha. That'd require a very specific group that'd be worse than Bojack + SSJ Bardock + SSGSS Vegeta. I'd need Saiyan Among Us Goku and that dude's middle of the road as all heck.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 21, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh boy, SR Kid Gohan is back :geno:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I awakened Mecha Frezia, got him up to 80, and now need 5 Master Shen to get him to UR. I have a dilemma about which AGL Frezia I have that I should Awaken. I have a level 10 SA event 4th Form Frezia. However, every guide I see says that he's the worst Frezia to awaken due to his passive. I have Embodiment of Evil at SA Lvl 8, but his Golden Frezia stats appear to be worse than than Awakened 4th form Frezia. And I really don't need two AGL Golden Frezia's. (Or do I?)

I'm really going to miss Top-Level Training when it is gone though. The experience on that stage should really be what Snakey Way.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Chair Frieza from the bardock event has bad stats but his links would get fixed to match with the other friezas if you awaken him.

You don't really get anything from the FF Frieza.

The choice is turning a bad card into an ok card or turning an ok card into another ok card

It's why awakening horror from hell is generally a bad idea: low return on investment

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I feel like Snake Way was more generous last time.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Finally - z-awakened the FF Frieza and Mecha Frieza. Now to get those guys to max level.

Now I'm just grinding the new support items and picking up those daily rewards until this ends.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I know everyone else wasn't excited for the Gohan event but I'm down for collecting more maxed out special attack characters. I'm about to awaken event Goku to Angel Goku, too.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Maybe save event goku? In the Japanese version they make him farmable. We might get that too

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That R TEQ Goku that we can awaken is farmable. They changed it immediately after I awakened my first one. :mad:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I finally got another Mecha Freeza.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

visceril posted:

Maybe save event goku? In the Japanese version they make him farmable. We might get that too

I farmed him enough to max out his special attack. When get my Goku medals he'll be max special attack angel Goku, then I'll take him to SSR.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Agoat posted:

I farmed him enough to max out his special attack. When get my Goku medals he'll be max special attack angel Goku, then I'll take him to SSR.

Edit: never mind he's there now great. I'm getting mecha Frieza and goku to 10 today

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is it possible to get Mecha Frieza on Hard? I can't beat him on Z-Hard yet :(

KidneyKai
Nov 6, 2010
Yeah, you can for sure. It's just his drop rate is so tiny. That's the only way I've been able to get him too.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
The best way to farm the strike events is to get the "attack decreased by 25%" cards

For mecha Frieza this is future 17. He's a PHY card whose leader ability is to reduce INT attack. If you have this card as your leader, and a friend with this card, Frieza will only do 7k with his opening super, and then due to a glitch only do 10 damage to awakened PHY cards.

For King Kold you want the SR Jeice.

For Vegeta and Pikkon it's Chilled

For Jackie Chun and Mighty Mask it's SR Guldo I think.

I don't know what the Anti-STR card is

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

visceril posted:

The best way to farm the strike events is to get the "attack decreased by 25%" cards

For mecha Frieza this is future 17. He's a PHY card whose leader ability is to reduce INT attack. If you have this card as your leader, and a friend with this card, Frieza will only do 7k with his opening super, and then due to a glitch only do 10 damage to awakened PHY cards.

Android 17 is 25% for AGL. Chilled is only 20%

I need 2 Master Shen's for Golden Frezia Awakening. I have gotten ever other Rare Awakening Medal except Master Shen since I started trying to get them. Maybe I should have just started fighting Mecha Frezia again.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Cozz posted:

Android 17 is 25% for AGL. Chilled is only 20%

I need 2 Master Shen's for Golden Frezia Awakening. I have gotten ever other Rare Awakening Medal except Master Shen since I started trying to get them. Maybe I should have just started fighting Mecha Frezia again.

Just wait for the weekly.

Everyone has Chilled though,

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

visceril posted:

No Anti-STR card sadly. Thats why having a strong AGL team is important (and why Z-Hard Bojack was such a bitch to bring down). You can kinda sorta maybe cheese with double Guard passives (that means R #18 and R Raditz blocking every other turn for -30% damage)
Anti-TEQ is one of the Int Dr Geros
Anti-AGL is TEQ #17, double Chilled sadly isn't enough to reduce damage to 10. Its still good though.
There are some other ways (SR TEQ Chiaotzu has a passive -25% AGL reduction for example, you can go him + one -25% leader against AGL Freeza in the Bardock story since he only attacks every 2nd/3rd turn)

But yeah, you cannot overstate how loving good those cards are. Freeza doesn't only do 10 damage against z-awakened TEQs, he does 10 damage to literally everything. Even non-awakened STR cards.

If you don't have one those to farm Z-Hard, just get the dokkan medals before the RoF event is gone. The Strike events cycle quickly, we should get another shot at Mecha Freeza before Christmas.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

visceril posted:

Edit: never mind he's there now great. I'm getting mecha Frieza and goku to 10 today

That mission is really easy, too. Raditz would go down first turn each time cause I had two INT SSB Gokus.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Which Frieza should I be trying to Dokkan Awaken? I have a Super 10 Mecha, and a Super 6 1st Form Emperor of Iniquity, Super 6 Despair's Onslaught, Super 8 2nd Form.. I also have the old Teq UR that's been around forever.. Goddamn there's a lot of Friezas. I'm leaning towards Mecha or 2nd Form right now, but I don't strictly NEED either of them.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Which Frieza should I be trying to Dokkan Awaken? I have a Super 10 Mecha, and a Super 6 1st Form Emperor of Iniquity, Super 6 Despair's Onslaught, Super 8 2nd Form.. I also have the old Teq UR that's been around forever.. Goddamn there's a lot of Friezas. I'm leaning towards Mecha or 2nd Form right now, but I don't strictly NEED either of them.

Mecha seems to be the #1 choice for most.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Can't go wrong with mecha or 2nd. Those are the top 2 on everybody's list

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

visceril posted:

Can't go wrong with mecha or 2nd. Those are the top 2 on everybody's list

I went 2nd personally, Guard Break just seems more useful in the long run. I'm pretty sure that it's guard broken for the rest of that turn as well which is an overall boon and probably results in more damage than a straight damage buff to one character.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I went 2nd personally, Guard Break just seems more useful in the long run. I'm pretty sure that it's guard broken for the rest of that turn as well which is an overall boon and probably results in more damage than a straight damage buff to one character.

Same. I've got my 2nd form awakened just today, I also plan on 'fixing' the chair Frieza, and I'm saving mecha as a stretch goal.

I got 2 card drops between yesterday and today. Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

visceril posted:

Same. I've got my 2nd form awakened just today, I also plan on 'fixing' the chair Frieza, and I'm saving mecha as a stretch goal.

I got 2 card drops between yesterday and today. Wow

Same here. I was able to go from SA7 to SA10 and knock Mecha Frieza #2 off my list.