Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
"I will not be the first women president of a mediocre and declining America"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

My Imaginary GF posted:

Clockboy sues to extend 15 minutes.

:golfclap:

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

"I have no desire to see us elect our own Margaret Thatcher." :stare:

:wow:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Yoshifan823 posted:

A crazy person yelling things and looking all wild eyed, that would be scary. I'm glad there were some rational people to calmly beat the gently caress out of him and explain to him that all lives matter, even the one you're beating the gently caress out of.

You only hurt the one you love.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Joementum posted:

Here's Killer Mike introducing Bernie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdejmGCKEs

"I have no desire to see us elect our own Margaret Thatcher." :stare:

It is a good line, so long as you know Thatcher was terrible, made the poor poorer, rich richer, screwed over political representation, started a phony war, and ultimately ended up serving as the root of the current schisms rocking the UK.

So it is a bad line to use in America, where people don't have any grasp of that sort of thing.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fried Chicken posted:

It is a good line, so long as you know Thatcher was terrible, made the poor poorer, rich richer, screwed over political representation, started a phony war, and ultimately ended up serving as the root of the current schisms rocking the UK.

So it is a bad line to use in America, where people don't have any grasp of that sort of thing.

Good line to help Hillary's image amongest the leftmost fringe of the GOP though

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

Wait, what?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Dr. Tough posted:

Wait, what?

Some people see the Falklands conflict as a picked fight, carried on far too long (which though I'm all about exposing Thatcher as the warmongering toad she was, lets the Argentinian dictatorship too much off the hook).

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Acelerion posted:

I hate these two slogans if for no other reason than it has allowed these dumb rear end "do black lives matter, or do all lives matter, senator?" questions from the media.

Obviously all lives matter, but people seem to need reminding that includes black lives too. And very few call out the "all lives matter" bullshit for what it really stands for, which is that black lives do, in fact, not matter quite as much.

What I hear: All lives matter.

What I read it as: All animals are equal. Some animals are more equal than others.

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014

I wonder if people in France are responding to the attacks as pitifully and hysterically as American conservatives.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

drowningidiot posted:

I wonder if people in France are responding to the attacks as pitifully and hysterically as American conservatives.

i dont think so, at least hollande isnt. sure they are cracking down hard on terror cells, but they still plan to let refugees in.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

drowningidiot posted:

Some news reports I have heard interviewed French residents who usually say that while they are now afraid of going out to cafes' nightclubs, and football matches, they make a point of doing so anyway to keep ISIL from controlling them. The French government is also still accepting refugees without any new restrictions.

It makes me sad and ashamed about how cowardly we have become.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I can't wait for this album.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Little boy from Texas takes 20 dollars from his piggy bank, donates it to local mosque that was vandalized in a hate crime, gets rewarded with an iPad by thankful Muslims.

:unsmith:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Okay fine, we won't send Texas into the sea.

For 11 years.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Apparently shots have been fired at that protest at the police station in Minneapolis.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Litany Unheard posted:

Apparently shots have been fired at that protest at the police station in Minneapolis.

Apparently, two protesters have been injured. Speculation and rumors are extremely rampant, but some, including the Black Lives Matter Minneapolis twitter account are claiming that it was white supremacists
https://twitter.com/BlackLivesMpls/status/669015996254973953

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
At the protest shots were fired, or shots were fired at them?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

greatn posted:

At the protest shots were fired, or shots were fired at them?

Sounds like the latter.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Can't wait to find out if it's a rogue, unstable lone wolf shooter or a militant anti-police thug gang shooter!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Epic High Five posted:

Can't wait to find out if it's a rogue, unstable lone wolf shooter or a militant anti-police thug gang shooter!

or those dudes from /pol/ who posted that video the other day

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Sounds like the latter.

Correct, people are saying between 2-4 people were hit. Some are claiming that the shooters were two white men in bulletproof vests. Again, these details are unconfirmed.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

or those dudes from /pol/ who posted that video the other day

Wait which one was this

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bullfrog posted:

Correct, people are saying between 2-4 people were hit. Some are claiming that the shooters were two white men in bulletproof vests. Again, these details are unconfirmed.

"People" and "some", eh? Hopefully these reports are as reliable as news of violence on social media typically is.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Bullfrog posted:

When will members of the white community stand up against these unsavory elements within it?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Wait which one was this

https://www.facebook.com/BlackLivesMatterMinneapolis/videos/1010885932288533/

Joementum posted:

"People" and "some", eh? Hopefully these reports are as reliable as news of violence on social media typically is.

Yeah, I understand. Hopefully things clear up soon. I'll stop speculating for now.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Joementum posted:

No one ever speculates in DnD

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fried Chicken posted:

I cannot tell if you're referring to Bush or Reagan.

*sigh*

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bullfrog posted:

Yeah, I understand. Hopefully things clear up soon. I'll stop speculating for now.

could be, it wouldnt surprise me.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
False flag Democrats.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Twitter rumor says that the police refused to help the shot protesters, saying "this is what you get"

this is twitter rumor though

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
From previous events like this it sounds diabolically difficult to tell which directions bullets are going in situations like this, at least until it is long over.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Samurai Sanders posted:

From previous events like this it sounds diabolically difficult to tell which directions bullets are going in situations like this, at least until it is long over.

From a gun to a black guy, usually that's the safe bet.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bullfrog posted:

White Power Ranger

jfc

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Luigi Thirty posted:

Twitter rumor says that the police refused to help the shot protesters, saying "this is what you get"

this is twitter rumor though

this didn't happen

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

this didn't happen

it doesnt matter, the twitter rumor mill has spoken. so it will be believed until at last tomorrow.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Oh my god those poor people :( I don't know what is going to happen now, but this will be a turning point.

Edit to add more info:

According to protesters white supremacists showed up, started causing problems. They were made to leave and people followed them to make sure they were leaving. Two people shot, one in the leg, one in the stomach. Police looking for the shooters, think they might be wearing bullet proof vests.

Silver Nitrate fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 24, 2015

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Nitrate posted:

Oh my god those poor people :( I don't know what is going to happen now, but this will be a turning point.
Turning points don't exist. It's all curves of a downward spiral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Silver Nitrate posted:

A school full of little kids getting murdered wasn't a turning point for a single thing and they get a lot more sympathy at the national level than BLM protesters get

Expect lots of news coverage that's going to upset you tomorrow

• Locked thread