Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Sorry guys, I'm going to stop doing so much image editing so that maybe I can crank these fights out rather than one a day.

:siren: Round 4, Fight 4 :siren:

Subterranean Animists is on the left side of the arena.
Braun Strowman (Frozen_Flame) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields a copper short sword, a copper short sword, and a copper short sword and wears an iron helm, a copper mail shirt, iron leggings, and iron gauntlets.
Baldwin (captaindirtnap) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, a copper mail shirt, and iron gauntlets.
Qwarf (C7ty1) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron breast plate, and iron gauntlets.
Dusseldwarf (decoy badger) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears iron gauntlets and iron low boots.

Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow is on the right side of the arena.
Here comes Mongo! (Endorph) is a male troll. He is empty handed and wears a copper helm, an iron mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.
sn (ZeeToo) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper spear and wears a bronze helm and bronze high boots.
Face (Godna) is a male troll. He wields a copper two-handed sword and wears an iron breast plate and iron greaves.
Jakob (frankenfreak) is a male werewolf. He wields a copper maul and a copper maul and wears a copper helm and leather armor.

Subterranean Animists is a 3.38 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 5515.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 1631.00 dwarfbucks for Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow.

Jakob, the fastest beast on the horrorshow, gets out in front. And the same drat thing happens that happens to everyone who gets out in front. Dusseldwarf sends him to the floor with a well placed stab. Qwarf is also stabbed by ShortName the molemarian, and Qwarf goes down to join Jakob.

Braun Strowman sees her teammate and dwarf companion fall to the floor. The antwoman dwarf's high pitched screech joins the sound of dwarven yelling and she fractures Mongo's arm with a well placed strike. Qwarf shouts "Yes, Braun, sing the song of our peoples!" as he and Baldwin chop into the Moleman.

Dusseldwarf, energized by the horrible noise song of his people coming from his antman dwarven companion, stabs Jakob the werewolf repeatedly until he passes out.

ShortName the moleman is dead center being hacked and stabbed by the downed Qwarf and Baldwin. The Moleman cannot mount an offense, and his teammates have left him to his own devices. Mongo duels with the screeching antwoman dwarf and the whirling blades are too much for him. He is quickly chopped to poo poo, and joins Jakob on the floor.

In rapid succession the 3 downed fighters are dispatched. Dusseldwarf stabs Jakob in the face, Baldwin steals a kill from Braun Strowman by dispatching Mongo, and Face finally arrives in the fight to stab the downed Qwarf.

The death of Qwarf has made a certain mixed race dwarf team very angry. Dusseldwarf and Baldwin tear into ShortName who throws up everywhere. Then he waits a moment, throws up again. Then again. The keening from the insect song of the dwarven people rises in pitch. Face looks terrified by the 4-armed antwoman dwarven dervish screaming in his face. His foot is chopped, and before he can even fall to the floor Baldwin stabs him in the other foot from behind. Down he goes.

Baldwin gets this kill, his spear is better than Braun Strowmans swords for stabbing through skulls. ShortName the moleman throws up quietly, hoping the dwarves will leave him alone.

The last 1/3 of the fight log is the dwarves and antwoman mutilating ShortName before Braun Strowman chops off his head.

Winner by 4 to 1: Subterranean Animists

Kills:
Dusseldwarf: 1
Baldwin: 2
Braun Strowman: 1

Face: 1

Combat Log

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm never using a whip again.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
It is only right Braun sings as all her fellow dwarves do. Plus clearly it works.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Sorry guys, I'm going to stop doing so much image editing so that maybe I can crank these fights out rather than one a day.

:siren: Round 4, Fight 4 :siren:

Terribly expected, but, hey, we got a kill! :toot:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

quote:

SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Worse Munki) bashes Grimmik (Lightly Whipped) in the upper body with his silver war hammer, bruising the muscle and shattering the right true ribs!
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Worse Munki) charges at Chaz Steadyfist (Worse Munki)!
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Worse Munki) collides with Chaz Steadyfist (Worse Munki)!
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Worse Munki) is knocked over and tumbles backward!

Oh, Sriracha. You're the best.

I'm surprised he was able to take so many hits from a silver whip, wielded by a strangler, while mostly unarmored, and never got more than bruised. Lashing really does seem kinda lovely this time around.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

GreyPowerVan posted:

I'm never using a whip again.

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Lashing really does seem kinda lovely this time around.

That's strange, because the only change we've made to whips over the past several tournaments is that they are now more expensive to buy than they were in that one tournament where whips and scourges dominated everything else. Maybe the fact that it leaves less room for skill points is having an impact? Maybe the luck of the draw has had whip users engaging armored opponents more often this time around? I don't know.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jazzimus Prime posted:

That's strange, because the only change we've made to whips over the past several tournaments is that they are now more expensive to buy than they were in that one tournament where whips and scourges dominated everything else. Maybe the fact that it leaves less room for skill points is having an impact? Maybe the luck of the draw has had whip users engaging armored opponents more often this time around? I don't know.

You made armor cheaper, I think?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Huh, I honestly thought Braun would be the first dwarf to die. She always got injured first and the worst in every other fight.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

jon joe posted:

You made armor cheaper, I think?

Good point. More fighters are able to wear cheap armor now which probably mitigates the effects of whips. Whips will be cheaper in the next tournament.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Decoy Badger posted:

Huh, I honestly thought Braun would be the first dwarf to die. She always got injured first and the worst in every other fight.

It's my punishment for putting a small bet against us. Never again!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm a strangler with a very high lashing skill and i'm tickling people, I regret my choice immensely.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 4, Fight 5 :siren:

A Tarantino Film is on the left side of the arena.
Uma Thurman (AnoHito) is a female human. She wields a steel two-handed sword and wears leather armor.
Urist McLee (Fuubi) is a male dwarf. He is empty handed and wears a copper helm.
Snarls Barkley (Bene Elim) is a female werewolf. She wields a bronze pike and a wooden shield and wears a bronze helm.
Solomon Rabinowitz (Added Space) is a male serpent man. He is empty handed and wears a steel helm, a steel mail shirt, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.

Hell's Dentists is on the right side of the arena.
Madmartigan (gbuchold) is a male molemarian. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears no armor.
The Abominable Gladiator (Pickled Tink) is a female yeti. She is empty handed and wears a copper mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
In Like Flynn (grobbendonk) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm, an iron mail shirt, a copper breast plate, copper greaves, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Krog Bonesmasha (astus) is a male elf. He wields a copper war hammer and wears an iron helm, leather armor, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.

Hell's Dentists is a 1.73 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 1537.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 890.00 dwarfbucks for A Tarantino Film.

What the gently caress happened here? They moved in a straight line? We're in for a good match, folks!

The fighters split off after the initial blows. Krog the elf slams his hammer into Solomon the snake's ribs. Uma Thurman slices Madmartigan deeply, fracturing his leg. Madmartigan swings his pick and Urist finds his leg impaled.

Now the gladiators start moving into their own little fights. Uma duels Krog in the north, but has to keep Madmartigan busy as well. It's a 2v1 and Krog is deadly with that hammer. Abominable swings left and right, then chucks the smaller werewolf across the arena floor. Solomon tries to distract the huge yeti, but he is not interested in the snakeman and chases after the flying werewolf. In Like Flynn swings his pick like a baseball bat while Snarles Barkley is flying through the air. DIRECT HIT! Snarls' stomach is torn wide open before he lands.

Madmartigan dodges Uma's deadly sword and the dwarf Urist McLee surprises him blindside. Bam! Madmartigan goes down like Rhonda Rousey. Welcome to the party, Urist. Uma really needed the help.

Uma chops off the molemans head while Krogs hammer mutilates her kidneys from behind. You can see the yeti chasing after the flying puppydog.

Krog continues to pound on Uma; fracturing both hands, forcing her to drop her sword (seen next to her). Abominable does his best Aqib Talib impersonation and Snarls Barkley passes out.

Don't worry Uma, In Like Flynn arrives! And this is the point where I realize the dwarf moving toward her is not Urist. Umas head goes flying to In Like Flynn's pick.

I've got to take a moment to point out the fight down bottom. Abominable chased after Snarls, then pummels him repeatedly. Solomon the snakeman chases after and tries to draw Abominables attention, but the yeti is having none of it. This happens 2 or 3 times in a half minute. Abominable finally makes contact with Solomon and sends him to the floor stunned. Then the yeti just turns and walks 3 tiles back to the unconscious werewolf where he resumes his pounding.

Urist had tried his damndest to stop Krog from beating on Uma, but now that Krog and In Like Flynn can focus on him he doesn't stand much of a chance.

In Like Flynn puts his pick into Urist's body a half dozen times before he bleeds out. They turn to help Abominable who has been largely ignoring the snakeman that is constantly biting his armor.

Solomon finds a chink in the yeti's armor. Well, he just bites his face. Still counts! The Yeti falls to the floor paralyzed, and the last thing he sees is his teammates charging the snakeman. Flynn makes a detour and ends Snarls Barkley's suffering with one well placed pick.

Flynn's pick can't penetrate the tiny tank. Luckily he brought Krog with him. Krog rings that steel armor like a bell a dozen times before Solomon finally passes out from pain.

Krog takes the kill by smushing his head with a hammer.

Winners: Hells Dentists with a 4-1 victory!

Kills:
Uma Thurman: 1

Krog: 1
In Like Flynn: 3

The kill-count doesn't look right to me, but I'm sick of figuring out what I did wrong. Flynn pick'd 2 dudes to death, and one bled out because of him I think.

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 23, 2015

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Maybe A Tarantino Film are just really good at dying?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Kill tally is correct and verified, Smurf. You did nothing wrong.

In Like Flynn joins Chaz Steadyfist on 7 kills. I thought one of the all-Dwarf team might join them, but with Qwarf taking an early fatality and Dusseldwarf only racking up one skull taken, Dusseldwarf only gets as far as the 6-kill second tier.

However, the Subterranean Animists stand head and shoulders above the rest, their perfect 4-0 record giving them 16 kills, two ahead of Worse Munki.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Suddenly it is All Game of Thrones in Here posted:

The Abominable Gladiator_HELLS grabs Snarls Barkley_FILM by the head with her left hand!
The Abominable Gladiator_HELLS gouges Snarls Barkley_FILM's left eye with The Abominable Gladiator_HELLS's left hand and the part splits in gore!
Snarls Barkley_FILM gives in to pain.
Uma Thurman_FILM: Death... The horror consumes me!

:magical:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

Chaz Steadyfist (Worse Munki) strikes at Grimmik (Lightly Whipped) but the shot is deftly parried by the iron whip!
Grimmik (Lightly Whipped) strikes at Chaz Steadyfist (Worse Munki) but the shot is blocked with the oaken shield!
Strangler Than Fiction (Worse Munki) bites Trump's Viscous Discharge (Lightly Whipped) in the second finger, right hand and the injured part is ripped into loose shreds!
Strangler Than Fiction (Worse Munki) latches on firmly!
Jupis Tooki McGannel (Lightly Whipped) attacks SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Worse Munki) but He jumps away!
Ghost-trees (Lightly Whipped) attacks Experiment Twenty-Two (Worse Munki) but She jumps away!
Trump's Viscous Discharge (Lightly Whipped) gores Strangler Than Fiction (Worse Munki) in the head with her left horn and the injured part collapses!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
Strangler Than Fiction (Worse Munki) has been struck down.

Died on line 9. Anyone else in the single digit club?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Someone beat you in a fight I ran. Suck and gently caress died or one-shotted someone with the first attack. A strangler?

I am so bad with fake names and fake fighters.

Forgot my kids middle name last week, too.

Segway Rave
Dec 25, 2011

this is stanley barton he is the brother of the king and feels sad alot because other people don't like him much they say hes boring and not fun

AJ_Impy posted:

Entertaining and brutal. And it means that we have a new kill leader! A hat-trick means that Chaz Steadyfist now has the coveted 'Most killy' blood-spattered jersey with seven kills to his credit, overtaking his teammate Srirarcha Fartstorm Returns, who contents himself in the hallowed company of Albirik, Three Gremlins and Stumpy on the second tier.

He had a very good speech written down but everyone bled on it.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I don't always spend my time constructively.

Round 3 posted:

Josie the Bludgeonatrix (Plump Helmets) bites Solomon Rabinowitz (Tarantino) in the lower body, bruising the fat through the small steel mail shirt!
Josie the Bludgeonatrix (Plump Helmets) latches on firmly!
Josie the Bludgeonatrix (Plump Helmets) shakes Solomon Rabinowitz (Tarantino) around by the lower body, tearing apart the lower body's scale and bruising the fat!
Solomon Rabinowitz (Tarantino) gives in to pain.

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

In Like Flynn joins Chaz Steadyfist on 7 kills. I thought one of the all-Dwarf team might join them, but with Qwarf taking an early fatality and Dusseldwarf only racking up one skull taken, Dusseldwarf only gets as far as the 6-kill second tier.

I'm almost embarrassed by this as Flynn's skill level is pathetic. He's kill stealing like a pro, but I think it shows the effectiveness of picks

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

grobbendonk posted:

I'm almost embarrassed by this as Flynn's skill level is pathetic. He's kill stealing like a pro, but I think it shows the effectiveness of picks

Interesting thought. Let's go over the builds of the kill leaders.

7 kills:
In Like Flynn (grobbendonk) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm, an iron mail shirt, a copper breast plate, copper greaves, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Chaz Steadyfist (Segway Rave) is a male werewolf. He wields an iron halberd and a wooden shield and wears a silver helm, leather armor, and leather gauntlets.

6 kills:
Dusseldwarf (decoy badger) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears iron gauntlets and iron low boots.
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Pittsburgh Lambic) is a male elf. He wields a silver war hammer and wears leather leggings and leather high boots.
Stumpy (Mygna) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron great axe and wears no armor.
Three Gremlins in a Blender (AJ_Impy) is a male strangler. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears a copper cap, copper gauntlets, and copper low boots.
Albrik the Insignificant (Tiler Kiwi) is a male kobold. He wields an iron battleaxe and wears leather leggings and leather low boots.

Weapon choices: Two picks, two axes (one battle, one great), a halberd and a spear, all of iron. A hammer of silver. A very eclectic mix.
Armour materials: Four wooden shields, three in leather armor, two in copper armor, two in iron, of which one in both iron and copper; one in silver alongside their leather, and one naked.
Armour layout: Three with head protection, four without. One full layered coverage. Two with brass knuckles and hobnail boots for better kicks and punches. Two with leather modesty coverings below the waist, one with leather above the waist, and one eschewing armour altogether. The full gamut from tank to berserker, with very little in common.

Looking at it, I think we've got the balance right: Nothing stands out above the rest as optimal, with the possible exception of piercing over bludgeoning.

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
Yeah, reading the combat log there was an awful lot of bruising through steel armour messages than I originally thought,so maybe I was too quick to draw a conclusion. However, anecdotally my fighters have always been much more effective with a pick than any other weapon

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

ZeeToo posted:

The arts are excellent, and inspired me to find the time for this, this morning.

:siren: Round 4, Fight 3 :siren:

Combat Log

Reading this, I'm amazed that Twenty-Two didn't have it in her to get a kill: she stabbed Trump's Vicious Discharge in the head four times but couldn't finish the job.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Looking at it, I think we've got the balance right: Nothing stands out above the rest as optimal, with the possible exception of piercing over bludgeoning.

Pretty much. I'm impressed that just about any build - even Wrestling Yetis - can perform well in this version of DF arena. What is even more impressive is that just about every team will find its weakness. My team's Achilles heel would be a pack of leather clad Elves with warhammers, for instance. Elf-hammer squad would lose badly to Molemarians, which would probably lose to goblins with axes or some such.

Most teams are less homogeneous, preferring to mix races and weapon/armor types, but then you have the issue where a gladiator will pair against the worst possible opponent.

Also, while seeing the kill leaders is awesome, I'd like to see the disablement leaders. Fighters that cause an opponent to "pass out from pain" are arguably the 'best', even if they don't get the kill shot. (Don't actually cull this information, it would be a pain in the rear end.)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 4, Fight 7 :siren:

Worker Cooperative is on the left side of the arena.
Combat Liberalism (Jack the Lad) is a female gremlin. She wields a copper large dagger and wears no armor.
Unthrottle the Axolotl (Zwingley) is a female kobold. She wields a copper scourge and wears no armor.
Jameson the Unruly (alvie) is a male human. He wields an iron two-handed sword and wears a copper cap, a copper breast plate, copper leggings, copper gauntlets, and copper low boots.
Albrik the Insignificant (Tiler Kiwi) is a male kobold. He wields an iron battleaxe and wears leather leggings and leather low boots.

A furry, a farmer, and two cows is on the right side of the arena.
Goku (Galick) is a male tigerman. He wields a silver war hammer and wears a leather cap, leather armor, a copper mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Dontellim Pike (John Charity Spring) is a male human. He wields an iron pike and wears an iron helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Min/Maxotaur (Anchors) is a female minotaur. She wields a wooden buckler and wears a copper helm, a copper mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, a copper breast plate, copper greaves, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Rob Ford (Tirius) is a male minotaur. He wields a silver war hammer and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm, an iron mail shirt, iron leggings, and iron low boots.

Worker Cooperative is a 5.61 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 3534.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 630.00 dwarfbucks for A furry, a farmer, and two cows.

The fighters meet in a ragged line. Albrik hacks MinMaxotaur in the hand with his axe. First blood goes to Worker Cooperative!

I have no screenshots of what I'm about to describe: Combat Liberalism stabs Dontellim in the left forearm, a ligament is torn, an artery is opened... Moments later another stab by Combat filets Dontellims neck. Arteries spurt blood across the floor, his spine has been nicked. Down goes Dontellim.

Unthrottle breaks Goku's leg and takes off a pinky, and Jameson takes off Goku's arm. Goku falls to the floor.

Dontellim passes out once his spine is severed. The visiting team is really taking a beating... Albrik slams his axe into the huge MinMaxotaur with abandon. His hand is opened wide, and then the other hand is taken completely off!

Goku finally passes out from the pain. Combat, Unthrottle, and Jameson continue to slash the downed tiger, but they pause to work over Dontellim as well. Sharing is caring.

MinMaxotaur, with no working hands, charges and connects solidly with the tiny Albrik. Albrik is knocked down, and then the huge minotaur bites his head and shakes him around! Albrik passes out immediately.

Albrik's head is shattered by a MinMaxotaurs horn. Unthrottle waves calmly to her teammates and says "I got this. You guys stay here and keep poking holes in the unconscious opponents." Unthrottle lashes Rob Ford's hand, fracturing it. Then she does the same to the remaining hand of MinMaxotaur. The tiny kobold dances around the two huge opponents while lashing again and again. Rob Ford's shield drops from his unresponsive hand.

The huge minotaurs have no working hands between them. MinMaxotaur and Rob Ford both gore Unthrottle, smashing one of the kobolds arms to bits. That's all though. After multiple charges, multiple takedowns, Unthrottle finally stands up and sends her scourge into Rob Ford twice in rapid succession. Rob Ford passes out. One down, well done Unthrottle!

MinMaxotaur continues to chase Unthrottle, but the lack of hand and vast amounts of blood loss make him slow. Goku, mercifully, bleeds out. The two home team players just change targets to the other unconscious fighter. Dontellim doesn't seem like he'll be breathing much longer.

Now here is something pretty awesome. Unthrottle has taken a few blows and a few joints have been bent backwards by the huge MinMaxotaur. The minotaur grabs him after cornering the slippery kobold and throws him.

He disappeared from the screen, so I don't know if he went up a Z-level. I don't remember how to do that, so I didn't bother looking. I knew he'd come back down eventually.

Unthrottle has been better. Especially since just prior to the throw she was gored in the neck.

It's been like 5 minutes and finally Jameson and Combat have killed Dontellim. Jameson takes the kill by chopping off his head. MinMaxotaur catches up to the stunned Unthrottle and begins breaking limbs again. Then he passes out from exhaustion and blood loss.

MinMaxotaur wakes up to see Rob Ford's head cut off by Jameson.

And then Jameson does the same to him.

Winners: Worker Cooperative with a 4-1 victory.

Kills:
Min/Maxotaur: 1

Jameson: 4
I am awarding Jameson with Goku's "bled to death" kill since he took two limbs from the tigerman. And then he chopped off everyone else's head.

Combat Log

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I got a kill? I mean- yeah, of course I got a kill! Look ma, no hands!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Albrik stop laying around you cad :argh:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Hmm. I'm going to dispute that bleedout going to Jameson. I usually go by the last to land a significant hit, and that was Unthrottle, who both disarmed Goku and caused him to give in to pain. Up to that point Goku was active, after that point he did nothing and nothing was done to him until he died. Anyone want to weigh in on this?

For the time being, I'm crediting this to Unthrottle on my kill tally sheet.

Edit: Also, in one of the most unexpected upsets, someone with no hands and no kills and a team with only one kill takes out one of the deadliest fighters in the tournament before he can add to his massive kill tally. This really is anyone's tournament.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 24, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Dispute all you want; you're still wrong. Jameson took off 2 limbs, opened arteries. Unthrottle broke a few bones. He bled to death, he didn't die of a bone fracture.

Here are all of the attacks against Goku.

quote:

Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK lashes Goku_FURRY in the right upper leg with her copper scourge, fracturing the bone through the large cow leather leggings!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK lashes Goku_FURRY in the second finger, right hand with her copper scourge and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK punches Goku_FURRY in the thumb, left hand with her left hand, tearing apart the hair and bruising the bone through the large cow leather left glove!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK lashes Goku_FURRY in the right upper leg with her copper scourge, fracturing the bone through the large cow leather leggings!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK kicks Goku_FURRY in the head with her right foot, bruising the muscle through the large cow leather cap!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK punches Goku_FURRY in the left eye with her right hand and the injured part explodes into gore!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK lashes Goku_FURRY in the left lower arm with her copper scourge, fracturing the bone through the large cow leather left glove!

Jameson the Unruly_WORK slashes Goku_FURRY in the right lower arm with his iron two-handed sword and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Jameson the Unruly_WORK stabs Goku_FURRY in the right paw with his iron two-handed sword, tearing apart the muscle through the large cow leather high boot! An artery has been opened by the attack and many nerves have been severed!
Jameson the Unruly_WORK slashes Goku_FURRY in the left lower leg with his iron two-handed sword and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Jameson the Unruly_WORK punches Goku_FURRY in the first finger, left hand with his left hand and the injured part explodes into gore!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
When I'm running fights, I exclusively give the kill to who the game awards it to. You can see while in the game by checking their reports; you get "Minotaur 1 has been struck down" in both his own list of reports and also in whomever the game figures killed him.

This probably lines up with AJ_Impy's stats.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

ZeeToo posted:

When I'm running fights, I exclusively give the kill to who the game awards it to. You can see while in the game by checking their reports; you get "Minotaur 1 has been struck down" in both his own list of reports and also in whomever the game figures killed him.

This probably lines up with AJ_Impy's stats.

What happens if no one touches him for 45 or 50 lines? That's what happened here. Do a highlight-all in your browser. You'll see how they pound him to dirt, cut off limbs, and then no one touches him for like 5 minutes.

He bled to death, being untouched.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Speaking of, what the gently caress are you doing, Unthrottle?

Combat Log posted:

Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK punches Goku_FURRY in the thumb, left hand with her left hand, tearing apart the hair and bruising the bone through the large cow leather left glove!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK kicks Goku_FURRY in the head with her right foot, bruising the muscle through the large cow leather cap!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK punches Goku_FURRY in the left eye with her right hand and the injured part explodes into gore!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK punches Rob Ford_FURRY in the left upper arm with her left hand, bruising the muscle through the large iron mail shirt!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK kicks Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the upper body with her left foot, but the attack is deflected by Min/Maxotaur_FURRY's large copper breastplate!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK punches Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the right ear with her left hand, tearing the cartilage!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK kicks Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the right ear with her right foot and the injured part collapses into a lump of gore!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK bites Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the left lower leg, but the attack is deflected by Min/Maxotaur_FURRY's large copper greaves!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK kicks Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the right ear with her left foot, tearing apart the cartilage!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK scratches Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the lower left back teeth, but the attack glances away!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK kicks Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the lower left back teeth with her left foot and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK scratches Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the upper right back teeth, but the attack glances away!
This is before I got disarmed. I literally double-checked to make sure I hadn't put any points in biting or striking or anything. :psydwarf:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

What happens if no one touches him for 45 or 50 lines? That's what happened here. Do a highlight-all in your browser. You'll see how they pound him to dirt, cut off limbs, and then no one touches him for like 5 minutes.

He bled to death, being untouched.

Yeah, this is a bit of an edge case. Multiple lacerations, a massive gory facial mutilation, multiple finger removals, two lower limb removals and then nothing for ages. Can we tell whom the game awarded the kill to?

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Zwingley posted:

Speaking of, what the gently caress are you doing, Unthrottle?

This is before I got disarmed. I literally double-checked to make sure I hadn't put any points in biting or striking or anything. :psydwarf:

This is fighting at work. Consider them attacks of opportunity.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

AJ_Impy posted:

Yeah, this is a bit of an edge case. Multiple lacerations, a massive gory facial mutilation, multiple finger removals, two lower limb removals and then nothing for ages. Can we tell whom the game awarded the kill to?

No, like you said the last blow was dealt by Unthrottle.

However, he bled to death after no one touched him for 50 lines of combat and the person who caused all that bleeding was Jameson by removing 2 limbs entirely. We've had a few people bleed to death, and the log doesn't specifically award a kill. I've always used "who cut more arteries" as the qualifier when I count up the kills.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

AJ_Impy posted:

Not in the log.

The commissioner can see while in-game, though. Even on those weird cases like that. The game still will give us that the kill was specifically awarded to one combatant.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

ZeeToo posted:

Not in the log.

The commissioner can see while in-game, though. Even on those weird cases like that. The game still will give us that the kill was specifically awarded to one combatant.

Well gently caress. I closed it a while ago :(

I didn't realize this.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Well gently caress. I closed it a while ago :(

I didn't realize this.

No big deal, save for weird stats tracking like this, and also not easily apparent. You have to go hunting through someone else's logs to see "xxx has been struck down!" for that.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Both counting methods are reasonable, logical and internally consistent with what we've each done before, and the kill is flagged on both tallies, on the report and on my unofficial spreadsheet, should people disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
For the future: How do I see who was awarded the kill?

I don't care who gets the kill, I was thinking like a doctor who saw a patient on the ground.

"He bled to death! The missing limbs probably are the culprit."

I'm a regular House.