Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Man, no wonder the new Futurama sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

trapped mouse posted:

It's true, the idea that the future could possibly be worse than the past is exclusively a 21st century idea.

Also, what is that supposed to be? Nuclear wasteland? Because that specific fear has been going on since the cold war.

Naw. Before the 19th century, most European, Christian people saw history as a decline from past perfection into a worse future. Even technological increase was offset with perceived moral decline.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

What the gently caress, Facebook ads?

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

This person is 30 years old.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

bucketmouse posted:

This person is 30 years old.

How is this an idiot or bad?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Retail Slave posted:

Uhh, a 30-year old on Facebook? I mean, pfft, get a life, am I right?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Retail Slave posted:

I don't know, I find people who always have to have a comment on everything and describe themselves as "snarky" are often pretty insufferable.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Takoluka posted:

Uhh, a 30-year old on Facebook? I mean, pfft, get a life, am I right?

Seriously. All us 30-somethings moved to the Deer once the teens abandoned it for Happy Fast Kitchen

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Retail Slave posted:

Normal people don't feel the need to come up with a witty jab about every single thing they think is stupid. Not to mention, they don't announce this to the world.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Retail Slave posted:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
First reply. I even gave a nice pie chart. :negative:

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Either an idiot or a canny political operator who knows that simply repeating the lie as often as possible is all they need to do.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Puppy Time posted:

Normal people don't feel the need to come up with a witty jab about every single thing they think is stupid. Not to mention, they don't announce this to the world.

Uh, I think you may have forgotten what thread this is.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Uh, I think you may have forgotten what thread this is.

We post here because we have the etiquette not to do it on fb

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Henchman of Santa posted:

Some of us don't even have a facebook account to grief people with :smug: :corsair:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Over half of the examples come directly from goons not having the etiquette to not touch the poop. And then we go further and screenshot it to share with other goons. Don't act like there's moral high ground here.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Yeah, we have the etiquette to post it here where they don't even get a chance to respond. Dorks

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Marvel studios should be proud of what they've done on Jessica Jones in making televisions first mentally retarded superhero.

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely

If there's one thing goons are known for, it's etiquette.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Marvel studios should be proud of what they've done on Jessica Jones in making televisions first mentally retarded superhero.

Does this person explain their logic here?

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Pulsedragon posted:

Just think about it and I'm sure you'll understand what they're going for

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

It is a philosophy or life style yes but it is not one connected to good or evil until such time as one uses it as motivation that brings about deeds that are good or evil. Hitler used fear and racism to bring about a dark chapter of history. In the US racism brought political gains for politicians. But on the other end racism brought about civil right movements across the world that many say improved the world. Take it how u want.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Pulsedragon posted:

FEMINAZIS.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I for one am sick and tired of racism sticking its head in here and ruining everyone's good time! So I'm calling you out racism: if you got the guts you'll meet me at 9th and main in an hour and I'm gonna kick your rear end!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Naw I'm just playing. Lots of black dudes hang out there and I'm kinda scared cuz there's always a bunch of them and they are pretty loud.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Wait a minute.....racism has already won the fight before it started.

Well played, racism. Well played.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

i will destroy ISIS

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

It is a philosophy or life style yes but it is not one connected to good or evil until such time as one uses it as motivation that brings about deeds that are good or evil. Hitler used fear and racism to bring about a dark chapter of history. In the US racism brought political gains for politicians. But on the other end racism brought about civil right movements across the world that many say improved the world. Take it how u want.

I love you Lottery of Babylon. You stare into the abyss and bring us a little taste back.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

quote:

This Qing Hua University student doing his homework, is on videocall with his girlfriend some distance away. The quiet two do not speak, their heads stooped doing their homework, once in a while they raise their heads to see the other person, then continue to stoop their head to study - this is the real love, love is not two persons dating outside, having meals together and saying romantic things to each other, tangled with each other from dawn til dusk, definitely not tightly holding each other's hands, love is trying to make each other be better.

shared by the token Nice Guy on my fb

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Why not just get a dating simulator and save himself the trouble of finding another human being who only wants digital interactions?

eddoghetto
Mar 27, 2007
612 Wharf Avenue

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i will destroy ISIS

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

casual poster posted:

Just think about it and I'm sure you'll understand what they're going for

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and think it's about why no one ever just blocked their ears the many times they went after Kilgrave, as that's a thing the show almost never addressed. But I'm certain it's about her being a woman.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Practical Demon posted:

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and think it's about why no one ever just blocked their ears the many times they went after Kilgrave, as that's a thing the show almost never addressed. But I'm certain it's about her being a woman.

The newest doctor was shameless pandering to their "femmenist," Tumblr-reading viewers.

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

I don't see any problem with this. Those yappy little rats are the servants of Satan. :colbert:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

But on the other end racism brought about civil right movements across the world that many say improved the world. Take it how u want.

Wow, racism is good because it brought forth anti racism movements.

loving Olympic gold in mental gymnastics right there :wtc:

Trevor Scantron
Nov 6, 2009

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
https://archive.is/69Qmn

quote:

Frank RoboJustice Wu
September 17, 2014 · Arlington, MA · Edited ·
I've debated whether to write this, and whether to post it. Eventually I decided that (to borrow a slogan from LGBT activists), that SILENCE = DEATH. HuffingtonPost is running a series on domestic abuse, with the theme of: Why didn't you just leave? This strikes a deep chord with me because:
The year I spent married to Alison McBain was the more horrific year of hell of my life.
Alison McBain is the most despicable, disgusting, deceitful, foul and vile human being I have ever known.
Time for me to speak up and not hide the truth or the hurt.
She bit me once, leaving a mark that took four months to go away.
She shoved me out of the house once, into the cold darkness, without shoes or jacket or wallet or money.
She used to call me up at work and yell at me so loud I could hold the phone at arm's length and still hear her clearly.
She destroyed two of my paintings.
She said she was a better artist than me, because she once noticed a flaw in one of my paintings. Yes, she was a better artist, despite never having done a painting in her life.
She took credit for me winning my first Hugo. I only won, she said, because she'd help throw a couple parties for me at conventions and not because, well, I'd done art that people liked.
I bought her flowers once, out of the blue, and her response was to accuse me of having an affair, because in her world people only did nice things if they were hiding a crime or feeling guilty (I wasn't having an affair, of course).
She twisted every compliment I received into an insult.
She grabbed the glasses off my face and twisted them into a weird metal knot.
I poked her once in jest with a very slow-moving, very soft pillow and then she proceeded to tell everyone that I "hit" her. (That justified her biting me.)
Why did I marry her?
Because I was stupid and in love. And because I was yet unfamiliar with the term Borderline Personality Disorder, wherein a new boyfriend/girlfriend at first acts all loving and wonderful, and then a switch is thrown and they turn into a monster. Yup, that was her.
Why did I stay? Because I didn't want the shame of getting divorced. Because maybe I thought that I could be like Luke Skywalker, fishing the good out of Darth Vader. Or maybe I thought I could just tough it out.
We met at worldcon in 2003, and since we split (she eventually left me, thank God, telling more lies about me on her way out), and then left the community.
But now it seems like she's edging back into the sci-fi community, writing, going to conventions again. If she shows up at a convention I'm at, I will be compelled to call the police or inform the convention security of her insane and violently unpredictable behavior. She is dangerous.
I'll warn you now. If you see her, run far far away. She is loving evil incarnate.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

So somebody screenshotted a tumblr post, put it on reddit, took a screenshot of reddit comments, reuploaded to tumblr, screenshotted that and put it on facebook.

A lot of effort was put into getting that not funny picture on facebook (and then a screenshot was taken and uploaded to SA)

Edit: thank you for that edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Edit: thank you for that edit.

LoB cementing his status as best gimmick poster.