Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ahaha ONE used to play Magic: The Gathering
What color do you think Saitama is? He seems pretty Green to me.

Seriously though I thought it was just a coincidence. Guess he's just named after the Boros Legion for... some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Just reread the Boros fight and I'm pretty sure that dude would've constituted a god level threat if anyone else in the Hero Association actually knew about him.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Just reread the Boros fight and I'm pretty sure that dude would've constituted a god level threat if anyone else in the Hero Association actually knew about him.

Hero Association doesn't know jack poo poo is the problem though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Twiddy posted:

What color do you think Saitama is? He seems pretty Green to me.

Seriously though I thought it was just a coincidence. Guess he's just named after the Boros Legion for... some reason.

Saitama's RW for sure.

A colour combination also known as Boros :v:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

You're not reading the Murata version well if Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask is new to you. Normally I'd let it slide without comment since it's hard to keep things in chronological order when the man is constantly redrawing everything but the part where HMSM first appears is literally posted again on this same page.

And, speaking of Murata redrawing things, did he ever change Garou's hero hit list or add text saying he'd rearrange it since the placement of some heroes differed from panel to panel?

That's not what I said at all. You're either not reading my post or you're strawmanning me. Either way, I wasn't talking about his existence (he's in the show already even), but what his abilities are; so far all we've seen him do is destroy a monster or two, seemingly with physical strength alone, and people were talking about... Other things.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Sweet Masks true form is that of the Alien Queen, disguised as bishi human, ready to lay her eggs inside other bishi's so she can create a race of bishi monsters.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

That's not what I said at all. You're either not reading my post or you're strawmanning me. Either way, I wasn't talking about his existence (he's in the show already even), but what his abilities are; so far all we've seen him do is destroy a monster or two, seemingly with physical strength alone, and people were talking about... Other things.

Lemme grab your post to make sure I get my thoughts in order.

Roland Jones posted:

Boy that's a lot of ONE version spoilers being posted here, over the past day or two. Not just that translation, people were talking about Zombieman and Sweet Mask and what they do for a while before that, and a bunch of other things I, reading the Murata version, had no idea about until they said them. So that's fun.

So, I read this and thought you were talking about Sweet Mask's existence since he was spoilered. Along with Zombieman, in fact since Murata's passed showing off all the S-classes excluding Blast. So yeah, you're right, I misread it. My bad.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

This is always the case.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Well to be fair they didn't get a chance before Saitama serious series'd Boros.

But you're not wrong.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

Lemme grab your post to make sure I get my thoughts in order.

So, I read this and thought you were talking about Sweet Mask's existence since he was spoilered. Along with Zombieman, in fact since Murata's passed showing off all the S-classes excluding Blast. So yeah, you're right, I misread it. My bad.

No worries; on rereading my post I realized I worded it more vaguely than intended. I thought the official rules for this thread were no ONE spoilers at all, so I figured I'd A. Put the names of those involved under the spoiler tags (so people who didn't see it wouldn't realize "hey these people have something weird going on with them") and B. Be vague as to what exactly was spoiled about them (to avoid "oh, so these two have this particular sort of reveal coming up?"), but looking again I can see how you got that I was saying their existences are spoilers. Whoops. Yeah, though, I remember seeing both of them, just, we haven't seen much of either.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Those are the rules though, if it hasn't happened yet in the Murata redraw, don't talk about it. That list up there gives details about the end of the current arc multiple times. They may be inconsequential, but still just don't talk about them here.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

sharktamer posted:

Those are the rules though, if it hasn't happened yet in the Murata redraw, don't talk about it. That list up there gives details about the end of the current arc multiple times. They may be inconsequential, but still just don't talk about them here.
Yeah. When posting, ask yourself "If I was reading the Murata redraw, would this spoil me? Y/N", it is not that hard!

If it is literally too hard for you then please post in the ONE tread.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lord knows we could use the company.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

sharktamer posted:

Okay, that's what I thought. I haven't read the ONE version, as I said earlier, I was just trying to avoid repeating the spoilers that other people had stated I got, well, spoiled on.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Since it has been revealed enough to not be a spoiler. Genos has a problem, that problem is he sucks at defense like a motherfucker, dude even states a few times he focuses on pure offensive power, and then he gets hit and loses steam.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Genos loses his arms all the time, he needs training in tactics and awareness.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Hey leave him alone he's armless rofl.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

CannonFodder posted:

Genos loses his arms all the time, he needs training in tactics and awareness.

Typical problem for immortals, those with healing factors, and cyborgs. The major is always losing arms and poo poo in Ghost in the Shell too. Make it so something can always be replaced/grow back and suddenly people stop thinking about the consequences of messing it up.

You see, Genos' arms are a lot like James Bond's cars...

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Someone mind posting a rundown of the threat categories and what they mean as a reminder?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

In order of severity from least to greatest:
  • Wolf - Potential threat identified
  • Tiger - Threat endangering a large number of people
  • Demon - Threat endangering an entire city
  • Dragon - Threat endangering multiple cities/a small country
  • God - Threat endangering the survival of humanity

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Wolf: a threat that may or may not be actually serious.
Tiger: a threat that threatens the loss of several lives.
Demon: a theeat that could seriously gently caress up one city.
Dragon: a threat that could seriously gently caress up multiple cities.
God: a threat that could make mankind go extinct; in other words, everyone's hosed.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

Since it has been revealed enough to not be a spoiler. Genos has a problem, that problem is he sucks at defense like a motherfucker, dude even states a few times he focuses on pure offensive power, and then he gets hit and loses steam.

Man, it sure would be handy if there was an extremely potent martial arts technique that focused on defense and offense at the same time. Not like anyone knows that though!

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

In order of severity from least to greatest:

jfc I thought this was a warning to all VEGETA posters about posting spoilers between OPM threads

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spoiler level Dragon: A threat of spoiling multiple seasons.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Genos suffers from being a cyborg. Because he can be rebuilt, he can be destroyed without permanently killing anyone.

Dude's made of metal but crumples like paper and yet Metal Bat's metal bat somehow stands up to a Dragon-level giant bug.

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe Genos should buy some of Metal Bat's metal bats.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Genos suffers from being a cyborg. Because he can be rebuilt, he can be destroyed without permanently killing anyone.

Kinda reminds me of Jojo's part four. "Oh, we have someone who can heal people? Guess everyone can get beaten into pieces every fight because he can just fix it!"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Genos is fueled by revenge, Metal Bat is fueled by fighting spirit.

Genos wins/whiffs at the cost of destroying himself because revenge is an inherently destructive thing to be driven by.

[/deep]

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dude's made of metal but crumples like paper and yet Metal Bat's metal bat somehow stands up to a Dragon-level giant bug.

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe Genos should buy some of Metal Bat's metal bats.

Metal Bat gets his (and his bat's) durability from fighting spirit. Genos just doesn't have his head in the game enough.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Metal Bat is just infusing a normal aluminum bat with his Haki/Nen.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
And Genos hits harder than Metal bat does.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

It is a million times folded bat.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

Metal Bat gets his (and his bat's) durability from fighting spirit. Genos just doesn't have his head in the game enough.

Pri-Pri-Prisoner takes a ton of blows from the Sea King but at least his body remains intact.

Hell, the B-Rank Cyborg also got wrecked by the Sea King whereas the 3 other heroes just got knocked out.

ONE is racist against cyborgs is my conclusion.

Bad Seafood posted:

Genos is fueled by revenge, Metal Bat is fueled by fighting spirit.

Genos wins/whiffs at the cost of destroying himself because revenge is an inherently destructive thing to be driven by.

[/deep]

Woah...

muike posted:

And Genos hits harder than Metal bat does.

With his incinerator? Probably, yeah.

From a pure physical standpoint? I sorta doubt it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Genos is a high-performance cyborg so that he can move fast and shoot fire and poo poo, him having the durability of wet tissue paper is probably a necessary but regrettable design flaw. He should get Dr Bofoy to take a look at his specs and tune him up, the dude seems pretty legit.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Prison Warden posted:

Genos is a high-performance cyborg so that he can move fast and shoot fire and poo poo, him having the durability of wet tissue paper is probably a necessary but regrettable design flaw. He should get Dr Bofoy to take a look at his specs and tune him up, the dude seems pretty legit.

You're supposed to call him Metal Knight, it's common courtesy.

:colbert:

Bang is probably the only hero who's referred to by his true name instead of his hero name.

I guess Genos, too, maybe? Though in his case it's mainly Saitama and Bang calling him that. I guess Pri-Pri Prisoner did refer to him as Genos though.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Has anyone from the hero association even spoke to Genos since he actually got a hero name?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Genos and Saitama were only recently assigned their hero names.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Prison Warden posted:

Has anyone from the hero association even spoke to Genos since he actually got a hero name?

Bad Seafood posted:

Genos and Saitama were only recently assigned their hero names.

Oh, right, that slipped my mind.

Been a while since I read the whole series so I assumed that the Hero Names were given out before the Boros arc.

Makes sense then.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Genos is a higher rank than metal bat, and is "rather powerful even amongst S-Class heroes"

Basically I just like Genos a lot and I will, if you will forgive the pun, go to bat for him. Actually I don't really think it matters and Metal Bat is cool. It's just more dramatic for Genos to get ripped up than it would be for Metal Bat to break his bat.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess Tatsumaki might be Tornado's real name?

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Onepunch-Man---064----Hero-Name-001-?id=248708

The Hero Name chapter has her shown as Tatsumaki and also has Genos refer to her as the Tornado of Terror. Though since Tornado in Japanese is Tatsumaki it's an ~ambiguous~ case.

Same probably goes for Fubuki I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

muike posted:

Genos is a higher rank than metal bat, and is "rather powerful even amongst S-Class heroes"

Basically I just like Genos a lot and I will, if you will forgive the pun, go to bat for him. Actually I don't really think it matters and Metal Bat is cool. It's just more dramatic for Genos to get ripped up than it would be for Metal Bat to break his bat.

Yeah, I actually like Genos a lot too and wish he could distinguish himself in more battles.