Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

AP posted:

Something boxes.

Wait I know the room. Isn't that the mocap studio they built?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Chalks posted:

Those loving windows. No decorator in the world is going to make that not look like a prison.

WHY ARE THE BARS ON THE INSIDE??

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbgtHaoMPn8

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

SOON™

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Its in my best interest that Star Citizen doesn't come to an end, and doesn't launch.

The status quo is far too entertaining for CIG to implode and/or for CR to release the game.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I have become Umlaut, destroyer of words

AP posted:

Something boxes.

So finally CIG has been put behind bars.

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

Dapper Dan posted:

I believe so since the lawsuit is based on the TOS, which have been held up in civil court. The product is the game as promised, which hasn't been released. I think they have a responsibility to show where the money has gone. $90 Million+ for a tech demo is unacceptable.

Also CIG will prevent this lawsuit from going forward with every breath, they'll collapse before this even goes to court.

Jesus Christ when will you retards realize it's not 90million spent, it's 96million raised for development.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

The amount spent is probably higher.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

BlueGrot posted:

The amount spent is probably higher.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Gryphon0468 posted:

Jesus Christ when will you retards realize it's not 90million spent, it's 96million raised for development.

No it's far far more than 90 million spent considering the yearly cost of 500 employees is well over 30mil alone. Fortunately that's what bank loans are for.

e:fb

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I was actually just emptyquoting that guy as a joke because it's funny seeing someone get legitimately irritated about people being wrong about his incredibly lovely space game.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
4 Mocap studios. New offices twice.

20 million in casting fees.

I'd wager they're well past 90 million spent.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Looks like a plan.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Chalks posted:

Don't want to install new glass windows every time Sandi's around.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

People there will look out the windows and see their own reflections behind bars.
The tables are welded pipes on wheels on what looks like street tiles. They can be shoved aside to free space for yard activities.

Can somebody make this place in Prison Architect?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

Those loving windows. No decorator in the world is going to make that not look like a prison.

Suicide prevention?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
To keep the code monkeys locked up clearly.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Wait Bootchas real name is Tiddles? I though that was a cat thing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Gryphon0468 posted:

Do you really think they still have a big pot of gold?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Raticus79 posted:

People are still getting frequent crashes, but the option to go straight from the menu to the Crusader station without needing to go through the hangar speeds things up at least.

:lol: really? The tech demo isn't even properly out and they're already rolling back on all the "immersion". I mean it's the right decision but still :lol:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ShredsYouSay posted:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

Less chance someone steals them.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AP posted:

Less chance someone steals them.

The bars or the windows?

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Michaellaneous posted:

Wait I know the room. Isn't that the mocap studio they built?!?

That's the 1st thing i was thinking, pretty sure that video with the guy giving the tour of the new building entered a similiar room with identical windows with identical bars on said windows.

Only difference is the room in the video had a huuge roller type door on the wall..

:cocaine:

ether
May 20, 2001

Chalks posted:

Last time I thought it was suicide prevention, but now I see.

It's either suicide encouragment (you can hang yourself with a necktie pretty easily) or capitol punishment (didn't fix the crashes? Hanged and kept there for a bit as a deterent to remind people what happens when you not working THE GRAND VISION fast enough)

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Dear god, I hope this is some sort of temporary setup.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gryphon0468 posted:

The :yarg::gary: is coming from inside the thread!

I know people keep telling the shitizens that started posting after the PTU to go away but I want all you to stay right here next to us for the duration. :allears:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Nov 24, 2015

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

Is the Million Mile High Club actually in "the game" yet, or is it still just a fever dream of the designers?

It was peak GIG when they spent more time showing off their swanky whale pen than anything gameplay related. So obviously trying to recruit new sea mammals.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Amun Khonsu posted:

Plz fund my new jpeg

Or buy a vulture in Elite: Dangerous for no real life currency at all.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Do you really think they still have a big pot of gold?

Will you stop laughing and look at the fidelity in these JPEGs?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Amun Khonsu posted:

Plz fund my new jpeg

Even Doobie wouldn't charge that for a combo.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

Even Doobie wouldn't charge that for a combo.

Not to mention this comes with NO FRIES.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

The :yarg::gary: is coming from inside the thread!

I know people keep telling the shitizens that started posting after the PTU to go away, I want all you to stay right here next to us for the duration. :allears:

I'm waiting to see if he comes back after the astonishing revelation that it's actually far more than 90 million spent to see if he tries to argue the toss about how much it costs to employ 500 people for 3 years or if he's going to just slink away quietly.

:allears: Remember that time they spent millions on Gary Oldman?
:eng101: Actually I think you'll find that money paid for a whole load of actors
:v: Oh yeah it was 10 million to pay a whole load of actors including Chris' wife who some how got top billing despite being a D list actress. What a sensible use of funds.

^ Every contribution to this thread by SC backers.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbDI0DhYhzk

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

ShredsYouSay posted:

First Viscount Centaurus, Bootcha Tiddlesworth the Smaller.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Wonder if they will whip out the JPEG that is better then all other jpegs anytime soon I don't think they are taking in as much cash as they expected

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

neonbregna posted:

Wonder if they will whip out the JPEG that is better then all other jpegs anytime soon I don't think they are taking in as much cash as they expected

They've already blown their loads with the newest jpegs. They might have to fall back on selling question marks again.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

neonbregna posted:

They'll be hoping for a million from the phoenix sale, they might do something extra for the weekend in addition to selling everything from the daily sales again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

It's me, I'm the idiot who is going to spend $200 on a membrane keyboard from Madcatz.

Also gonna buy that War Pack. With VAT it comes in at only $6,000 and I think you'll agree that is a steal for all those jpegs.

• Locked thread