Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

The heavily-produced version is even better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT6UkuTiHrE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Greatbacon posted:

You could always go full 40k and just exterminate the whole colony and then repopulate it :v:

I wonder if that VATS-them-to-check-electric-resist thing would work?

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby

Jia posted:

The best way to kill bloodshots (weird skinless guys) is to wait for them to jump at you and then grab them out of the air and stomp on them for an instant kill, actually.

gently caress the Mercenaries mode in that game was phenomenal. I'd buy an entire game of it with expanded map selection and character roster.
Thank you so much for telling me this, holy poo poo. Normally I panic because those guys are fast and don't react much to melee attacks or even bullets, but that instant kill is amazing. I even managed to get 13 more kills in the latest chapter than my partner, who stuck to his dual pistols and shotgun. :smuggo:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Buzkashi posted:

That sounds like the sort of logic a Synth would use :commissar:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Buzkashi posted:

I feel this would have saved the Compound a lot of work, if they had figured it out before I found them. They should have abandoned the Voight-Kampff test and worked on a Volt-Amps test instead.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Buzkashi posted:

Apparently it does, but you also have to be careful because some clothing pieces grant resist, so check their gear if they come up resistant before you start blasting.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

In most games increasing the difficulty level just means enemies take more bullets to kill. But in Killing Floor 2 it (in addition to giving them more health) makes enemies behave differently; enemies that would lumber directly towards you before will try to flank you, some will roll towards you, making headshots really difficult. Another thing is some will run ahead of the pack, preventing you from just tossing a grenade in the middle and blowing them all up. It's neat design since it actually does require you to change tactics a bit which is what difficulty settings should do.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

FO4: Killed the really resilient big bad in a ghoul-infested school by blowing off its legs and siccing a medical protectron on the helpless bastard.

It took a solid 2 minutes of the doctorbot flailing its electrified defib fists at a legless zombie hollering CLEAR! CLEAR! CLEAR! CLEAR until I stopped laughing and hacked the robot to self-destruct instead.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I love it when Fallout goes all goofy and silly like that.

Also that reminds me, I managed to blow both arms off a Glowing One and he just came and flailed at me with his legs and head. Reminded me of the Flood in the first Halo, you could blast off their arms and they'd just follow you around looking awkward.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

McDragon posted:

Reminded me of the Flood in the first Halo, you could blast off their arms and they'd just follow you around looking awkward.

I remember I'd try to see how big an armless army I could make. Then in later games they'd headbutt you if they had no arms, which took the fun out of it :(

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I came across a totally unmarked location in FO4 - a pretty large 5-story parking garage next to a hospital and a few stores. The entire place had been converted into a gigantic maze, riddled with traps, ghouls, and dead ends, and at the top (after a brutal fight with a huge swarm of ghouls and a Glowing One) was a choice between two treasure rooms, where opening one blew up everything in the other. The whole place had an utterly fantastic atmosphere and going through it was a ton of fun.

Fallout 4 is pretty cool!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

theshim posted:

I came across a totally unmarked location in FO4 - a pretty large 5-story parking garage next to a hospital and a few stores. The entire place had been converted into a gigantic maze, riddled with traps, ghouls, and dead ends, and at the top (after a brutal fight with a huge swarm of ghouls and a Glowing One) was a choice between two treasure rooms, where opening one blew up everything in the other. The whole place had an utterly fantastic atmosphere and going through it was a ton of fun.

Fallout 4 is pretty cool!

Could you post a picture of where this is on the map?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Cloks posted:

Could you post a picture of where this is on the map?
It's right by Milton General Hospital. Here's a picture.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
In one of the late missions in the Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void campaign, you get to control a character from the Protoss engineer/craftsman caste, and he does this absolutely adorable little power walk when he moves.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

theshim posted:

It's right by Milton General Hospital. Here's a picture.

Thanks.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Pancho Jueves posted:

Someone mentioned your Fallout 4 character saying things like "Sure" "I see..." and "Go on..." when you're advancing a conversation. After drinking, this changes to, "SING IT BROTHER!" "eeeeeYUP" and a sassy "MM-HMM!" I discovered this while one of my companions was telling me their sad life story.

I tried this with my female character and was sorely disappointed. She could barely muster a "yes!" The only somewhat funny thing was going up to Danse and her sort of slurring "'scuse me." And "hey... You". But the slurring was so weak for having drank 20 beers.

On a related note, Drinkin' Buddy is my favorite and I refuse to finish that quest. He is mine forever.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woPff-Tpkns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm98S0dJKiY

:shittydog:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

What a lovely looking dog

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Calaveron posted:

Undertale in a nutshell.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Calaveron posted:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

That is a lovely dog

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
I found this in a bathroom playing Fallout 4, I think it was in Mystic Pines. I laughed for a good five minutes.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

FTFY.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

ToastFaceKillah posted:

I found this in a bathroom playing Fallout 4, I think it was in Mystic Pines. I laughed for a good five minutes.

What a making GBS threads bear

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Everdraed is my favorite little thing about Undertale.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Sleeveless posted:

Everdraed is my favorite little thing about Undertale.

The Demon Flowey design was really good, you have to admit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ToastFaceKillah posted:

Check out the Mass Pike tunnel and see if you can find Dr. Bear's operating theatre.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I talk a lot about Fallout 4's problems in the other thread. And it's largely justified, I think; it might be a decent game, but it's not a good Bethesda RPG, and it's almost insulting to call it a Fallout game. But it's done one thing very right, and even if it didn't intend to I'm going to grant that it's pulled off something I've never seen, that's keeping me going.

God drat does it let me play a depressing character.

While I admit this probably wouldn't be quite as strong with the player voice (which I modded out almost immediately), I gravitated towards playing my character as somebody absolutely broken by what happened. Which I think is fair enough: everything is gone, the city she called home is a hell-blasted wasteland, and the only thing that even knows her name is a stupid, insane robot that's been trimming hedges for two hundred years. If any video game protagonist is allowed to be a depressing sack of poo poo who's only kept moving because it's the only thing they can do, it's Fallout 4's, and the way the game handles pretty much everything outside of the family plot lets me play that so well, I love it. The non-radio ambient music, the actual wasteland itself, the ability to build up your own home and make and name your own weapons altogether just do really well at that, it's something I've never quite felt from any other game like it.

Unfortunately, all of that does fall apart once the game decides to force you to be a Parent Looking For Their Son again. But whenever it's not, I'm free to play the most bizarrely compelling sadsack ever.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 21:39 on Nov 27, 2015

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I haven't played Fallout 4 but I think it would have been amazing if they intentionally made the looking for your son quest irrelevant. The idea is that you spend some time looking for him and finally you get a clue that leads to his location. At this point you find out he is an adult, living in the "tutorial town". In fact, you might have talked to him once only to find out he wasn't a noteworthy NPC. When you confront him it turns out you and him have nothing in common since he has spent the overwhelming majority of his life without you. At which point the player character realizes he/she is no longer the person who walked into the vault and got cryogenically frozen. What a poignant moment...

You then just continue questing like you were already doing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cleretic posted:

I talk a lot about Fallout 4's problems in the other thread. And it's largely justified, I think; it might be a decent game, but it's not a good Bethesda RPG, and it's almost insulting to call it a Fallout game. But it's done one thing very right, and even if it didn't intend to I'm going to grant that it's pulled off something I've never seen, that's keeping me going.

God drat does it let me play a depressing character.

While I admit this probably wouldn't be quite as strong with the player voice (which I modded out almost immediately), I gravitated towards playing my character as somebody absolutely broken by what happened. Which I think is fair enough: everything is gone, the city she called home is a hell-blasted wasteland, and the only thing that even knows her name is a stupid, insane robot that's been trimming hedges for two hundred years. If any video game protagonist is allowed to be a depressing sack of poo poo who's only kept moving because it's the only thing they can do, it's Fallout 4's, and the way the game handles pretty much everything outside of the family plot lets me play that so well, I love it. The non-radio ambient music, the actual wasteland itself, the ability to build up your own home and make and name your own weapons altogether just do really well at that, it's something I've never quite felt from any other game like it.

Unfortunately, all of that does fall apart once the game decides to force you to be a Parent Looking For Their Son again. But whenever it's not, I'm free to play the most bizarrely compelling sadsack ever.

You're the worst.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Nov 27, 2015

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Chill out, dude.

I'm playing the character as lawful good my first time through, but figured finally meeting Kellog would be enough to even make my decent kind hearted guy get his wrath on. So I chose "Sarcasm" as my final "Let's get this done" reply and was delighted to hear (paraphrased)

"You know, when I die in 100 years, I hope I go to hell so I can kill you all over again you murdering motherfucker!"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Mierenneuker posted:

I haven't played Fallout 4 but I think it would have been amazing if they intentionally made the looking for your son quest irrelevant. The idea is that you spend some time looking for him and finally you get a clue that leads to his location. At this point you find out he is an adult, living in the "tutorial town". In fact, you might have talked to him once only to find out he wasn't a noteworthy NPC. When you confront him it turns out you and him have nothing in common since he has spent the overwhelming majority of his life without you. At which point the player character realizes he/she is no longer the person who walked into the vault and got cryogenically frozen. What a poignant moment...

You then just continue questing like you were already doing.

Oh, there's certainly no chance they've done this, but to my understanding (and their credit) you aren't forced to give a poo poo about your son once you actually find him. Which is probably a good thing, and something it can hold over Fallout 3's story; while in 3 you're quite allowed to not care about your dad when you're supposed to be looking for him, the entire story after you do is based around continuing his life's work whether you want to or not. 4 starts with you being really forced into looking for your son, but I'm guessing once you do and the actual scope of the greater story becomes clear you're allowed to kick him to the curb.

I do think a Bethesda-style RPG could really do well with an aggressively pointless 'starting quest', though. Like, going with Fallout 4's as an example, you spend most of the early game looking for your son, only to eventually find out he died in some pointless, tragic accident six years ago. But during your quest to find him you learn about the 'real' plot of the game. Sure, the thing you set out to do went nowhere, but over your journey this world's become a bit less strange and alien, and you now know the actual problems it's facing; might as well focus on it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fallout 4 PYF but also spoiler:
You can shoot your son directly in the face the moment you meet him without repercussions aside from pissing off the faction he's allied with.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Fallout 4 PYF but also spoiler:
You can shoot your son directly in the face the moment you meet him without repercussions aside from pissing off the faction he's allied with.

I went from on the fence about getting FO4 without mods to 100% in, based on this alone. That's actually a surprising amount of character wiggle room for the quest resolution

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I did that then ate him... cathartic!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

ChogsEnhour posted:

If there is not an achievement for this I will not be buying Fallout 4. :colbert:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ToastFaceKillah posted:

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010

That can't actually be a corn cob boy reference, can it?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

AlphaKretin posted:

If there is not an achievement for this I will not be buying Fallout 4. :colbert:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... :-\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ChogsEnhour posted:

:stare: what the gently caress