Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

That's my guess as well. It seems they bring Cold along for his experience in planning heists, and Cold is not going to go riding through time with a bunch of "heroes" without having his own backup.

Except for the both times he did this on the Flash so far, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe he wanted to balance out semi-schizo conjoined-mind fireguy with his own totally schizo fireguy.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe they can do a cool team attack where they shoot fire and ice at something and it's like when Ghostbusters cross streams?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Aphrodite posted:

He has developed an understanding with Barry. I don't think the rest of the LoT team, with the exception of Rip, is going to be very accommodating to a bank robber who killed innocent people.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

He has developed an understanding with Barry. I don't think the rest of the LoT team, with the exception of Rip, is going to be very accommodating to a bank robber who killed innocent people.
Besides the retired assassin who killed innocent people.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

PaganGoatPants posted:

poo poo, there's no new episode today. God dammmittttt

Yeah, same

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mars4523 posted:

Besides the retired assassin who killed innocent people.

She's changed now. She's just a normal hero with a dark past these days.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She just killed innocent people 2 weeks ago.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

She just killed innocent people 2 weeks ago.

I'd have to watch Arrow to be up to date. :shrug:
it was probably just by accident, though. Still toats heroic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She stabbed a guy to death in an alley.

I guess he was probably a rapist though.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
CWverse allows you to kill people who "have it coming". Security guards for legal ventures or cops can be maimed, but not killed. Roy is the only hero who seems to have registered an unallowable kill.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Drifter posted:

She's changed now. She's just a normal hero with a dark past these days.

Well cold doesn't kill any more either. That's part of his deal with flash

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

She stabbed a guy to death in an alley.

I guess he was probably a rapist though.

She didn't have her soul during that bit.

And Heatwave is in the show because he will provide some good laughs with jokes like, "I LOVE THE 70s!" while brawling mooks.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

You guys will be eating your words when it turns out Vandal Savage has one weakness: flamethrowers :colbert:

Or when the whole team gets captured by Vandal Savage and sent to future supermax and have to escape.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

"You guys are the best people for the job" is usually what you tell the rag-tag group of misfits who you got stuck with in order to boost their confidence. Even odds that there is a more pressing reason that he chose them other than that they are literally the best people in history for the job (especially when you have Flash and Green Arrow in the same time who already associate with and lead half these guys).

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Ditto on that. Which is strange because last night CW aired new episodes for Jane the Virgin, while CBS did Supergirl. I know there's no new iZombie tonight either. Guess they were worried about their comic related properties not getting viewed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's an elaborate plan. They need to melt their way through a security door, freeze some laser beams, fly over a pressure sensitive floor, and shrink down to open a lock from the inside. Then they need someone with natural athleticism to run the prize out of the facility before the backup security doors shut themselves.

Then to escape the compound they need a terrible actor to distract the guards.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Gotham aired last night as well. I guess Monday episode premiers are safe from holiday hustle and bustle.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Is there a debate on or something?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's Thanksgiving week.

They probably could have run Flash tonight without a ratings impact, but with the crossover being next week they can't push them out of sync.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sara snapped a dude's neck last week, or the week before.

While she had her soul. :v:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Sara snapped a dude's neck last week, or the week before.

While she had her soul. :v:

Oh yeah! During their raid on that facility right? Where Laurel and her exchanged comments about "normal life" or whatever.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

It's an elaborate plan. They need to melt their way through a security door, freeze some laser beams, fly over a pressure sensitive floor, and shrink down to open a lock from the inside. Then they need someone with natural athleticism to run the prize out of the facility before the backup security doors shut themselves.

Then to escape the compound they need a terrible actor to distract the guards.

hahaha yes...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I've been seeing a lot of "Superhero Workout" thingies on the Internet lately where the exercises don't really seem to have much to do with the superhero in question, so I decided to make one that was a bit more accurate:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You guys will be eating your words when it turns out Vandal Savage has one weakness: flamethrowers :colbert:

Or when the whole team gets captured by Vandal Savage and sent to future supermax and have to escape.

Vandal Savage is a cave man so he probably IS afraid of fire

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

As long as Cold and Heat Wave are on the show they're mandated to do this episode once a season :c00lbert:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

mind the walrus posted:

As long as Cold and Heat Wave are on the show they're mandated to do this episode once a season :c00lbert:

Only if Clock King and the new Count Vertigo are in on it.

Actually brign back the old one too.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Guy A. Person posted:

"You guys are the best people for the job" is usually what you tell the rag-tag group of misfits who you got stuck with in order to boost their confidence. Even odds that there is a more pressing reason that he chose them other than that they are literally the best people in history for the job (especially when you have Flash and Green Arrow in the same time who already associate with and lead half these guys).

Could be that Rip got his hands on some supercomputer that is clearly not a mother box that told him exactly who he needed to have the optimal chance of stopping Savage and saving the future... and it told him it was these people. Now he has to figure out how to get them to work together somehow because he'll take what he can get.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Astro Nut posted:

Could be that Rip got his hands on some supercomputer that is clearly not a mother box that told him exactly who he needed to have the optimal chance of stopping Savage and saving the future... and it told him it was these people. Now he has to figure out how to get them to work together somehow because he'll take what he can get.

Uhhh gently caress you computer I'm taking the Flash over two guys with guns.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Only if Clock King and the new Count Vertigo are in on it.

Actually brign back the old one too.

Need William Fichtner

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

punchymcpunch posted:

Maybe they can do a cool team attack where they shoot fire and ice at something and it's like when Ghostbusters cross streams?

Flash already beat them by tricking them into total protonic reversal.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Astro Nut posted:

:smug: It's cool guys, I found this mother box in the future. It's telling us what to do.

:haw: Skeets?! Is that you?

:smug: fffffffffffffffffffff

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

mikeraskol posted:

Uhhh gently caress you computer I'm taking the Flash over two guys with two guns.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-cw-warner-bros-dc-the-flash-arrow-1201646970/

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Good thing Deadshot died an ambiguous comic book death.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sounds encouraging.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

That pecking order had been set a decade earlier, in 1999, sources say, when the WB Network (now the CW) was hot on a “Batman” prequel script from writer Tim McCanlies that revolved around the youthful adventures of Bruce Wayne. The project was shut down before it got to the pilot production stage after WB Pictures execs got wind of it, and worried that it would muck up their plans to revive “Batman” on the big screen. The WB Network was allowed to pursue a similar concept for Superman, which yielded the 10-year success of “Smallville,” but the earlier sting lingered.
Interesting, I never knew that.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Selina has amnesia!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Honestly I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Smallville began it's life as a Batman show.

Watching the team up trailer again it really irks me that they're calling it HEROES JOIN FORCES when there's so many things from old DC books they could use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There really is only so many times you can use "The Brave and the Bold" though, and be honest that's the first and best one they'll ever have outside of Batman/Superman's "World's Finest."

• Locked thread