Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
the time has come for randy moss to return to the new england patriots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If Andre Johnson had gone to the Patriots instead of being a traitor, maybe The Old wouldn't have stricken him so suddenly

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

old dog child posted:

ahem I think you mean BOSSWEILER

You mean HOSSWEILER?

Intruder posted:

If Andre Johnson had gone to the Patriots instead of being a traitor, maybe The Old wouldn't have stricken him so suddenly

Yeah...

that was a pretty sweet burn, though.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

Jesus Christ by the end of the season Tom Brady is going to be passing the ball to Bill Simmons
Good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

For like 120 yards and 2 TD

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

For like 120 yards and 2 TD

Which is exactly why the demise of the Patriots receiving corps cannot be enjoyed.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Refs are bad and should feel bad.

Countdown to Pats signing next Super Bowl MVP Chris Matthews in 5...4...3..

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
pats will promote Fauria and run four TE sets

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
So, apparently the reason the clock ran at the end of the game?

Steratore told a pool reporter after the game that the judgment was made that Watkins gave himself up on the play, which is why the clock ran and the play couldn't be reviewed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, he just wanted to run the clock obviously

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

zimbomonkey posted:

Cam vs Brady in the Battle for 19-0 would be the greatest thing.

I strongly disagree

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The Pats right now are pretty flawed, but they rushed back like 3 injured offensive linemen, none of whom looked 100%, plus Edelman is actually kind of important. That's basically everything in a nutshell.

Those problems should all be sorted by the playoffs, but in the meantime the rest of the regular season could be a rough ride so some shitnuts is bound to go all LOST SEASON when they lose a game (or even two! :aaaaa:)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they got the best D in the league right now lmao what in the world

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

they got the best D in the league right now lmao what in the world

I have no idea. :iiam:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I read the words but they don't make any sense.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

sean10mm posted:

I have no idea. :iiam:

Well, who would you take as your starting cornerback duo in the year of our lord 2015, Brandon Browner and Darrell Revis or Malcom Butler and Logan Ryan?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Browner is garbage and Revis is concussed so god help me give me Logan Ryan.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Tyrod was poo poo in that game hate to say.
Open WRs all night. I like Tyrod alot but his weaknesses are starting to unfortunately get exposed. Pats shut down the run when they needed to. Gameplan to make Tyrod throw worked well for them.

Rex coached really well defensively. That missed tackle to give up the TD at the end of the half was killer, but outside of that the defense was put in lovely situations (get hosed Leodis!) all game and made the best of it. Though I have no loving clue where Mario Williams was or if he just sucks now.

Jerry Hughes is a badass for covering Gronkowski.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

Browner is garbage and Revis is concussed so god help me give me Logan Ryan.

Not to mention the fact that Browner and Revis take up ~14.4% cap space compared to ~0.6% for Ryan and Butler.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The bills defense was scary all game. Brady threw to the dirt more often than a player because there was no pocket ever. Pats oline couldn't even hold off 3 man rushes most of the time. Whatever problems the oline have need to get loving sorted real quick. With most of the offensive weapons being injured having no time to make throws is not going to help at all.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

The bills defense was scary all game. Brady threw to the dirt more often than a player because there was no pocket ever. Pats oline couldn't even hold off 3 man rushes most of the time. Whatever problems the oline have need to get loving sorted real quick. With most of the offensive weapons being injured having no time to make throws is not going to help at all.

2/5 of the oline were rushed back from injury because we are literally out of tackles otherwise. Usually Bill gives players one more week to come back from injury. Oh and Buffalo has not the worst front 7 on defense either.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

2/5 of the oline were rushed back from injury because we are literally out of tackles otherwise. Usually Bill gives players one more week to come back from injury. Oh and Buffalo has not the worst front 7 on defense either.

I think they played 3 guys who had been out the week before in this game at various points and they all looked rusty.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

sean10mm posted:

I think they played 3 guys who had been out the week before in this game at various points and they all looked rusty.

Only Cannon and Vollmer were out and came back but Vollmer didn't even start the game. They replaced Andrews and Kline during the game with Vollmer and Stork tough and it was Stork's 2nd game back and first at center.

But I have faith in the coaches to fix the line unless they proof that they are unable to do so.

In other news: Boston sports radio is discussing whether Gronk's girlfriend (didn't know he had one until now) is to blame for his dropped passes.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Gronk doesn't have a gf he has a guardian.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Tom Joyce of the Mt. Airy News in Mt. Airy, NC: "Cam Newton – a winner who’s a loser"

How about THIS little pissbitch? Pretty ballsy to put his picture right next to these words like that

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Marcus Canon has always sucked.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

That guy lets his mom dress him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

timp posted:

Tom Joyce of the Mt. Airy News in Mt. Airy, NC: "Cam Newton – a winner who’s a loser"

How about THIS little pissbitch? Pretty ballsy to put his picture right next to these words like that

I want Cam to dab on this guy's front lawn.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sports Science took on the inadvertent whistle: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-night-football

Verdict: wouldn't have been a touchdown.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

fsif posted:

Sports Science took on the inadvertent whistle: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-night-football

Verdict: wouldn't have been a touchdown.

Well the DB could have missed the initial tackle and then Amendola would have been gone, the 1mph difference might be enough to catch him if both were starting from a equal position, but after the potentially missed tackle all bets are off.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

GaussianCopula posted:

Well the DB could have missed the initial tackle and then Amendola would have been gone, the 1mph difference might be enough to catch him if both were starting from a equal position, but after the potentially missed tackle all bets are off.

Well Darby could have caused a fumble and then recovered the ball and run it all the way back to the end zone, too, if we're allowing for implausible situations.

midwat
May 6, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Marcus Canon has always sucked.

I don't get how he's made it through multiple years with the team, honestly.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

midwat posted:

I don't get how he's made it through multiple years with the team, honestly.

The alternatives are worse, basically.

And while he's not great by any stretch, he's started a fair amount of games in his career without sabotaging the entire offense like he kind of did last night. He doesn't need to be good, just not a grease fire in a Taco Bell dumpster bad.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

You've supported your rapist QB from the very beginning and haven't wavered. I applaud you.

Actually I've been pretty vocal about not liking him and thinking he's a piece of poo poo, but that doesn't stop me from being a fan of the team as a whole. LaVonte David, Mike Evans and Gerald McCoy are all Pretty Cool Dudes.

I also didn't stop being a fan in the ~10 years since the Super Bowl.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
All these thinly-veiled racist articles about Cam Newton being a thug and not an upstanding white QB are awful.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Ignore them

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I think people want to be racist about Mariota in Tennessee, but Mettenberger proved he was too bad to root for no matter how white trash he looks, and nobody knows what the gently caress a Hawaiian even is down here so they're just kind of baffled.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

timp posted:

He looks like one of the Triplets of Belleville went missing.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Favre was a thug and everytime he just had fun out there was making a mockery of the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Joey Freshwater posted:

Actually I've been pretty vocal about not liking him and thinking he's a piece of poo poo, but that doesn't stop me from being a fan of the team as a whole. LaVonte David, Mike Evans and Gerald McCoy are all Pretty Cool Dudes.

I also didn't stop being a fan in the ~10 years since the Super Bowl.

Mike Evans protests by dropping all those passes

• Locked thread