Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'd like to do some adventures but regardless of how to do them I can never figure out or remember how to get to any. Any guide along those lines? Something like "Adventure #1: Go to Waypoint A and run this direction".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
How to get to Salvage Pit

Waypoint into Verdant Brink
Oh gently caress night just started. I'll wait 45 minutes sure
Daybreak
Wait another 30 minutes for people to actually show up for the event chain and unlock Salvage Pit
Finish with gold in 30 sec- oh someone ran by and got me killed
Finish with gold in 30 seconds

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

loving salvage pit.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Decided to take another couple screenshots of my charrdian, except it feels like something's a little off.

Can't quite decide what it is though.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You can also do hero challenges in verdant or auric, then open the reward bags in Tangled depths for those precious ley crystals instead of the other currency.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You can also do hero challenges in verdant or auric, then open the reward bags in Tangled depths for those precious ley crystals instead of the other currency.

Oh snap.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can you buy hero points

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Alteisen posted:

Can you buy hero points

With like, money? No. But you can via WvW.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Anyone tried out the raids yet?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Somebody in my guild told me WvW was a ghost town now. I played it a bit of it yesterday after I got access on my F2P account at 60, and it did seem like there weren't a lot of people. Is WvW worth playing? Is there something else people are doing instead? It was pretty good loot and experience for me even if it wasn't slammed with people.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Rakeris posted:

Anyone tried out the raids yet?

Have you tried reading yet?

ErIog posted:

Is WvW worth playing?
Yes, at least once/if it picks up again.

ErIog posted:

Is WvW worth playing? Is there something else people are doing instead?
Yes, the new expansion.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

Sign in, please.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Alteisen posted:

Can you buy hero points
You can 'buy' hero points with Proof of Heroics (acquired by opening Chest of the Mists for gaining WvW rank) and Badge of Honor doing WvW. You need 1 Proofs and 5 Badge to unlock 1 HP from central Tyria (non HoT map), or 10 Proofs and 50 Badges to unlock 10 HP (1 hero challenge) from HoT region. Since it 'completes' random hero challenge, if you happen to have map completion on central Tyria but use 1 Proof you won't gain any more HP from central Tyria.

Also it only completes hero challenge on the character used.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Proof_of_Heroics

e: Although Proof is soul bound, you can just put it in your bank and use it like it's account bound. Visidian found this out.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Guild War 2's Launch MMO Manifesto

No Grinds!

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Waci posted:

Have you tried reading yet?

Guess that's a no, soon then?

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Rakeris posted:

They scrapped raids and new legendaries. New endgame is getting scribing to 400.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Rakeris posted:

uh, the opposite in fact. there's raid talk over at least the last five pages or so of the thread, and the previous page is mostly raidposts.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
I can understand his confusion as Arus REFUSES to update the OP

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Rakeris posted:

Raids are coming with the next xpac, along with the new class (mordem hunter) and pre ordering now gets you a free boost to max level!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

To be fair, that went out the window pretty quickly after release.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

At this point I just want some legendary armor previews so I can determine my appropriate level of desire to raid.

The heavy boot department as it presently stands is pretty weak.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Trebuchet King posted:

At this point I just want some legendary armor previews so I can determine my appropriate level of desire to raid.

The heavy boot department as it presently stands is pretty weak.

Agreed. Ten variations of scaled boots is not enough. I want at least fifteen.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I predicted that the new guild armour would need something that didn't exist yet and I was right, rip.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Illuyankas posted:

Decided to take another couple screenshots of my charrdian, except it feels like something's a little off.

This is rad, you look like a Space Pirate from Metroid Prime.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'd like to do some adventures but regardless of how to do them I can never figure out or remember how to get to any. Any guide along those lines? Something like "Adventure #1: Go to Waypoint A and run this direction".

The wiki list has closest waypoints: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Adventure Then each Adventure page has a "getting there" section.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Cool I blew 300+ gold in the past week on shadow abyss dye and gems to prepare for the soul river glider, only to find out it's loving locked behind a goddamn 2000 gem pack oh boy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg8htLidHLA

edit: I got it with help from Don (thanks Don!!!) but I still think it's lame if they're going to keep locking exclusive stuff behind expensive packs, if they never sell it separately down the line somewhere.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 24, 2015

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Visidan posted:

I predicted that the new guild armour would need something that didn't exist yet and I was right, rip.

What does it need?

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Ebola Dog posted:

What does it need?

Probably the Tenebrous/Shimmering crystals that you harvest from the guild hall synthesizer nodes, dunno if there's something else.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Illuyankas posted:

what armor is this, it owns

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Ebola Dog posted:

What does it need?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

OzFactor posted:

The wiki list has closest waypoints: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Adventure Then each Adventure page has a "getting there" section.

Thank you.

Visidan posted:

What a surprise!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I had to take a leap of faith cause SFD is the highest lvl guild and the only one able to unlock it.

Never do anything first is the lesson from this.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
How do you know we're the highest level guild? Is there a ranking or something? I assume any outlets like reddit is just self-reporting.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Are we really the highest level?

Edit: Curse you Shadowshift!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Aether calculation, also the fact that I'm now getting whispers for people wanting to join for the broken armour.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sfd world firsts usually involve something breaking or being broken, don't they

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Certainly World First for being broken people.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Visidan posted:

I had to take a leap of faith cause SFD is the highest lvl guild and the only one able to unlock it.

Never do anything first is the lesson from this.

I'm surprised you didn't have access to it sooner, we captured our hall a week later than you guys and we're ~2 days of aetherium away from ours.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

CODChimera posted:

To be fair, that went out the window pretty quickly after release.

Not like this. Never did progression just flat-out stop the way that it does with the Mastery system.

My character is parked in a CoF farm with an AutoHotkey script running and I don't even care.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Here is the video from the Goon + SFD killing the Vale Guardian kill the other day. At least four different continents represented.

If you haven't done the raid yet, the main mechanic you hear called out is the green circle, or "circle". That is the wipe mechanic that does I think ~12k damage to everyone in the raid. If four+ people stand in the green circle as it ends though, they take the ~12k damage and it is split up between them instead.

Blue circles are the teleport mechanic, you'll hear some "dodge" calls, which is referring to these blue circles but you should be watching out for these yourself as ordinarily they aren't called out. I think the five closest people will get a blue circle in early phases, with all ten getting them in third phase.

Annoying for the kill video I played pretty sloppily. I wasn't one of the five people designated to the green circles, so it's mostly melee and blue circles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye6ad3kzv_8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Wow, you need 40 crystalline ore AND 10 guild commendations per recipe of guild armor piece. That means you need whopping 720 crystalline ore and 180 guild commendations for all the pieces :v: Not to mention the fact that nobody knows how to make guild insignia.

• Locked thread