Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Kerm
Jun 17, 2003

VIDEO GAME RINGTONES
If anybody is up for playing on xbone send me an invite. GT krunkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Challenge complete: Kill an enemy after he's taken damage from 5 of your teammates.

How the gently caress does one even survive 5 people shooting him? :psyduck:

Cool calling card at least.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Have five Canadians on your team, along with their associated lovely internet connections. :qq:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Mister Macys posted:

Have five Canadians on your team, along with their associated lovely internet connections. :qq:

You're playing with some weird-rear end Canadians if they can't get decent ping on Eastern/West Coast servers.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nobody ever gets host where I live except Javes in MI. Not since Black Ops 1. :smithicide:
Haven't gotten a ping below 4 frames in a long-rear end time.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Challenge complete: Kill an enemy after he's taken damage from 5 of your teammates.

How the gently caress does one even survive 5 people shooting him? :psyduck:

Cool calling card at least.

got that poo poo on day one

:cool:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Double GI unit with the Brecci :haw:

(because my headshot % is less than 7 with this loving gun so I'm stuck using it forever)

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

victrix posted:

Double GI unit with the Brecci :haw:

(because my headshot % is less than 7 with this loving gun so I'm stuck using it forever)

Do shotguns even have headshot multipliers in this game? Even that dumb 4-burst shotgun in blops2 could ohk in core, no idea why they're so against it here.

I think the Brecci is my favorite shotgun in the game which is sad. (Note: Argus is not a shotgun, it is an iron sights sniper)

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Sniper is saying a bit much isn't it? I've not done any testing on the range with the slug round but it doesn't go that far does it? Although it is true to say it's got a hell of a OSK kill range for a shotgun, provided you're running ADSing every corner you're coming across which is not my style. I'm rather found of the first one (KSG 262 or somthing like that?) myself.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

Do shotguns even have headshot multipliers in this game? Even that dumb 4-burst shotgun in blops2 could ohk in core, no idea why they're so against it here.

I think the Brecci is my favorite shotgun in the game which is sad. (Note: Argus is not a shotgun, it is an iron sights sniper)

Don't think so, I have to admit, the total inability of the brecci/haymaker to 1sk at point blank does rub me the wrong way. I could deal with it being literally melee range even, but the fact that it always takes two shots is awful.

The worst possible enemy of those guns is the Argus or KRM, with burst ARs a close second. You cannot win a fight against the 1sk shotties if they land a direct hit in their kill ranges, which feels... bad.

I also love how the Brecci recoils hard right, that's real helpful for headshots! (I swear I get a good chunk of my headshots because I'm a loving mexican jumping bean when using shotties, and hipfires from directly above often headshot)

Actually I jump around so much while using them I've seriously considered Afterburner :v:

I got a few salty rage messages which absolutely cracks me up. If you're getting housed by the Brecci, it's time to do some deep soul searching and inquire why you suck so much with your chosen SMG. I can understand the usual angry pubbies from the Argus (or even KRM), but the Brecci? Realllllly?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

victrix posted:

The worst possible enemy of those guns is the Argus or KRM, with burst ARs a close second. You cannot win a fight against the 1sk shotties if they land a direct hit in their kill ranges, which feels... bad.

I don't ever mind dying to the KRM, its range is so bad I feel they earned it.

The Brecci/Haymakers ideal range seems to be outside SMG/AR hipfire range, where your wall of bullets makes their ADS flinch to much. Which is stupid.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Yeah I just think its pretty funny that the one thing that could consistently stop me going on shotgun rampages through their spawn repeatedly is... another dude with a short range 1hk shotgun :v:

I found golding the KRM exceptionally easy, so far the Brecci is taking 2x-3x as long.

I will say I got a lot more multikills with the Brecci than the KRM. KRMs pump is just too slow for a situation up in their spawn where I'm getting rushed by 3-4 people. Once in awhile I could pull off a triple if the terrain was super favorable, but otherwise the Brecci is easier to do that with.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

victrix posted:

Yeah I just think its pretty funny that the one thing that could consistently stop me going on shotgun rampages through their spawn repeatedly is... another dude with a short range 1hk shotgun :v:

I found golding the KRM exceptionally easy, so far the Brecci is taking 2x-3x as long.

I will say I got a lot more multikills with the Brecci than the KRM. KRMs pump is just too slow for a situation up in their spawn where I'm getting rushed by 3-4 people. Once in awhile I could pull off a triple if the terrain was super favorable, but otherwise the Brecci is easier to do that with.

I found the Argus easier to multikill with than the KRM too. I'm not sure which has the faster fire rate of the two. I think golding the Argus first was a mistake for me, now every other shotgun feels weak as hell.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

greasyhands posted:

Does this one have a good zombies mode or what?
Nope. It's still lovely and utterly unfriendly to play unless you're with a group who's read the wiki. Can't even lazy-grind the unlocks with pubbies because the games hang on loading 90% of the time. :toot:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Followup to something I posted yesterday: scripting the Drakon doesn't really make it fire any faster, but it turns the MR6 into a machine pistol and it's super funny.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Followup to something I posted yesterday: scripting the Drakon doesn't really make it fire any faster, but it turns the MR6 into a machine pistol and it's super funny.

I think the mr6 is the only gun without a firerate cap. Everything else has a ridiculously low one compared to past games.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It'd almost be a competitively viable smg if it had more attachments and a higher ammo pool.

tjones
May 13, 2005
The LCar is one of the most viable SMGs in the game, so much that i spent a permanent token on it.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
At least in my experience on xbone hardly anyone uses the LCar.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Wow the Argus is so much fun -- I'm a pretty bad player and it's forcing me to become better about my aiming and better about ambushing people instead of being the idiot that runs around corners and gets shot. The range on that thing is deceptively good, too. Any worthwhile attachments besides QuickDraw for it?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Most shotguns benefit from long barrel so maybe try that.

tjones
May 13, 2005

deathmerc posted:

At least in my experience on xbone hardly anyone uses the LCar.

I see it quite often; it really depends on the game mode. I win more gun fights than I should with it:

http://imgur.com/yUjoIVq

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

goferchan posted:

Wow the Argus is so much fun -- I'm a pretty bad player and it's forcing me to become better about my aiming and better about ambushing people instead of being the idiot that runs around corners and gets shot. The range on that thing is deceptively good, too. Any worthwhile attachments besides QuickDraw for it?

Rapid fire is pretty good since it helps a lot when you're up against multiple people at once.

The Argus also seems to randomly give out collateral medals on single kills, so if you want to get the challenge for collateral kills done you can just run around with it for a night

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

GET MY BELT SON posted:

Will someone post the picture god damnt

thanks sweet love

Quabzor fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 24, 2015

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Wilko posted:

The Argus also seems to randomly give out collateral medals on single kills, so if you want to get the challenge for collateral kills done you can just run around with it for a night

I get those a lot with every gun. Even when there is no other enemy on the screen.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Well I might have complained about leveling being a bit slow in this because I hate the entire master prestige bullshit

But at least this will accelerate it a good bit since they're being generous with bonus xp!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Who is Bionic Colon?

Also how the gently caress did you get a full party into Ground War? Getting 7 into a lobby on PS4 was a big enough headache for me to never want to do it again.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Mill Village posted:

Also how the gently caress did you get a full party into Ground War? Getting 7 into a lobby on PS4 was a big enough headache for me to never want to do it again.

Apart from the first few days GW lobbies have been pretty painless. Now actually playing the same lovely maps and modes over and over is a different matter

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Who is Bionic Colon?

I believe that's faantastic

XBL has always been better at matchmaking than PSN.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Apart from the first few days GW lobbies have been pretty painless. Now actually playing the same lovely maps and modes over and over is a different matter

I played Combine way too much over the Double XP weekend. I don't understand why pubbies like that map so much, its terrible.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Mill Village posted:

I played Combine way too much over the Double XP weekend. I don't understand why pubbies like that map so much, its terrible.

I have reoccurring night sweats of the thought of playing an overtimed GW Infection Safeguard game over and over and over

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Because it's Nukeboat on land, except poo poo.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Combine is fun when you sprint between A and C for the entire game.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

B on combine is so retarded. Hey lets design a capture point which provides cover from one side and not the other!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Javes posted:

Combine is fun when you sprint between A and C for the entire game.

If you're not running a shotgun / SMG with Gung Ho and dashing nonstop around the map, you're not playing Combine properly :colbert:

To be fair this applies to every map. Even Fringe, despite it being total trash.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

AirRaid posted:

B on combine is so retarded. Hey lets design a capture point which provides cover from one side and not the other!

It's also directly exposed to a flanking route too.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I like the map where B is located inside a building (can't remember the name offhand). If you want it you have to run in and fight for it, or wait until the other team has left and then go after it. None of the "jackass sitting in a high window ADS on the point" stuff.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Most of the time we have a Ground War group going on Xbox. Occasionally we'll get 12 people in the party so naturally we'll split off into groups of 5 and 7. The best part is when both groups decide to stay in the same party chat and team communication is at an all time high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

SubponticatePoster posted:

I like the map where B is located inside a building (can't remember the name offhand). If you want it you have to run in and fight for it, or wait until the other team has left and then go after it. None of the "jackass sitting in a high window ADS on the point" stuff.

microwave

aka breach

aka the reason why god created the trophy system

• Locked thread