Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

It's loving awful. The worst one yet.

Stay tuned for our next trailer to see which other character we clearly don't know how to model NEXT!

It's only a matter of time before Terry Bogard shows up!

Leona's new outfit is alright, shame about the everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ahaha wow they all prefer the headdress to the cowboy apparently, I did not expect that

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rodyle posted:

ahaha wow they all prefer the headdress to the cowboy apparently, I did not expect that

this is the last straw you hacks

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Also Bunnyhop is great "Yeah but the rest of us got New Vegas out of it!"

e: awww yeah, tons of dumping on Peace Walker, so good

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 24, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

welp that's

disappointing

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRnhvu6T3bU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rodyle posted:

It's not often you see every single poster in a thread get dunked on at the same time. This is chaos dunk levels of dunked on.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I like the feathers too

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like both but that makes me racist so I can't say that

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I think both designs look pretty alright, im not from USA though so i dont care about any of the stuff they care about there

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

They are both super cute

Bunny Hop standing up for Huey makes him a worse devil's advocate than Liam ever has been

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Depths posted:

I think both designs look pretty alright, im not from USA though so i dont care about any of the stuff they care about there

I'm a Canadian and "indian" costumes and headdresses carry a lot of super racist baggage and have come under increased scrutiny and awareness over the last couple years.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
I honestly think the head dress looks sharp. Like, it's just thin silver feathers, it could look SO much worse. And then you turn to see some generic cowboy hat with no real design or anything memorable about it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm a Canadian and "indian" costumes and headdresses carry a lot of super racist baggage and have come under increased scrutiny and awareness over the last couple years.

It's gotten to the point that the Washington Redskins are regularly just called the Washington Football team.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rodyle posted:

Bunny Hop standing up for Huey makes him a worse devil's advocate than Liam ever has been

I sincerely wish they'd left it ambiguous whether Strangelove's death was Huey's doing or not. I know it wouldn't be a metal gear game without overexplaining everything even if it doesn't really need it, but for however sad hearing her death on the tapes was, it took away a lot in terms of how good it felt as a story element.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I honestly think the head dress looks sharp. Like, it's just thin silver feathers, it could look SO much worse. And then you turn to see some generic cowboy hat with no real design or anything memorable about it.

It could be worse, yeah, but it's still Not Great as it is. Everything could be worse.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

Yea I don't dig the headdress but I think the cowboy hat should have been a bit flashier, maybe even something simple like a neat card tucked in the band or something to look more 'cool guy gunslinger' and less 'I FOUND A HAT ON THE GROUND'

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They could have just put the feathers in the cowboy hat and everyone would have been happy (except people mad about change at all I guess)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Literally all I care about is how much mrrrgrrr is in the game, though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope nerfing a character in any future games just gets called censoring them because who knows what the word means anymore :v:

Blockhouse posted:

They could have just put the feathers in the cowboy hat and everyone would have been happy (except people mad about change at all I guess)

Didn't they? It's got a big silver fan thing going on

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
As someone that doesn't have a 3DS, every time someone mentions that mrrrrgrrrr thing I just imagine that girl is a Murloc.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

One thing to keep in mind with the outfits is the fact they're different based on the gender of the character or as a whole, so it's not like all the party members will look like that either

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

As someone that doesn't have a 3DS, every time someone mentions that mrrrrgrrrr thing I just imagine that girl is a Murloc.

I mean, it's not a wrong assumption

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dias posted:

that or it's like the rurr jurr

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Literally all I care about is how much mrrrgrrr is in the game, though.

unacceptable

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheRealestMatt posted:

They're both generic head pieces made to play on specific stereotypes, and while they both look fine Native American stereotypes have become kind of really touchy issue in recent times what with people realizing some of the tremendously hosed up poo poo we did and still do to native Americans even to day.

That said the cowboy design is just straight up better because they gave it an actual pair of pants and a top that isn't two leather patches tied together with a belt.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
I don't even care about Bravely Default, and won't be buying the new one.

Anyway, the nighttime video for today is a Let's Watch of a movie! Will be a site exclusive for obvious reasons.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I don't even care about Bravely Default, and won't be buying the new one.

Anyway, the nighttime video for today is a Let's Watch of a movie! Will be a site exclusive for obvious reasons.

IS IT FINALLY FATAL FURY

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Zardoz

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
FACE/OFF

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Boruto

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

that's not even on DVD in Japan yet nice try rodyle

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Blockhouse posted:

No, but the movie on how his parents got together is

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Is...

Is it the finale of Metal Gear Solid 4?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

let's watch Naruto Shippűden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 and Naruto Shippűden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Tae posted:

Yeah you got me they're watching The Last

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Let's Watch Bible Black

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Let's Watch Bible Black

Guest starring Zone-sama!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

Wait, when did Naruto become How I Met Your Mother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

Wait, when did Naruto become How I Met Your Mother?

It's an alright movie. Also Hinata digs a guy's eyes out with her fingers.

Don't read Naruto.