Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Macro considers himself a Peronist so it's time for some 90's neoliberal peronism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i mean i'm as good a leftie as anyone here on SA but peronismo seems like such a clusterfuck disaster even i'm happy this guy won

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

i mean i'm as good a leftie as anyone here on SA but peronismo seems like such a clusterfuck disaster even i'm happy this guy won

Hmmmmm no

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

hecko posted:

Macro considers himself a Peronist so it's time for some 90's neoliberal peronism.

The default state of existence is Peronism. There is no other course of action but to embrace it.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
What is Peronism?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

My Imaginary GF posted:

What is Peronism?

Whatever you want it to be! Isn't it magical?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

my favorite part of the past few years has been that every single time in "RADIO NACIONAL", without fail, every morning, the stupid as gently caress hosts would ask "But what IS peronism?" trying to redefine it every week and it was like mental chinese water torture holy poo poo i wanted to punch that loving radio into orbit

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
and apparently almost the entire staff of La Nacion protested against that article that tried to redeem the 70s military coup

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArfJason posted:

and apparently almost the entire staff of La Nacion protested against that article that tried to redeem the 70s military coup

Oh, I saw that one, it reminded me of the dumbfucks at Folha de SP back in the mid-00s claiming that Brazil never had a "ditadura", it just had a "ditabranda".

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
"hey you know there were groups of terrorists before, so 10 years of murdering people willy nilly is a-ok also the french totally deserved getting murdered because some dude approved bombing iran" - both literal arguments i've heard in the past week, one of them on a major newspaper

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ArfJason posted:

"hey you know there were groups of terrorists before, so 10 years of murdering people willy nilly is a-ok also the french totally deserved getting murdered because some dude approved bombing iran" - both literal arguments i've heard in the past week, one of them on a major newspaper

AMIA had it coming

e: Also is Macri going to stir poo poo with Iran on that btw?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ArfJason posted:

my favorite part of the past few years has been that every single time in "RADIO NACIONAL", without fail, every morning, the stupid as gently caress hosts would ask "But what IS peronism?" trying to redefine it every week and it was like mental chinese water torture holy poo poo i wanted to punch that loving radio into orbit

How long will it take for Télam/TV Pública/Radio Nacional to flip to being pro-Macri?

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

ArfJason posted:

For those not in the know, the editorial(?) of La Nacion posted an article basically saying that the Montoneros (leftist guerrillas during the 70's that existed before and during the military dictatorship and did the usual guerrilla fighting and bombing) were exactly the same as ISIS and their European attacks. This is one of the main newspapers in the country, FYI. I would expect that from Cronica, were at least it would make me laugh.

Polidoro posted:

Nah, when the economy blows up in Macri's face they will take the Plaza de Mayo and someone will die and Macri will leave Casa Rosada in a chopper and Cristina's retarded son will be president.

This but unironically and hopefully we will get someone decent out of the new round of economical Russian roulette. (no it needn't be a peronist)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Markovnikov posted:

For those not in the know, the editorial(?) of La Nacion posted an article basically saying that the Montoneros (leftist guerrillas during the 70's that existed before and during the military dictatorship and did the usual guerrilla fighting and bombing) were exactly the same as ISIS and their European attacks. This is one of the main newspapers in the country, FYI. I would expect that from Cronica, were at least it would make me laugh.

Looks like our now less-sophisticated neighbours could learn a thing or two from the elegance of Chilean press reactionaries :smug:. Just douse that thing on ten layers of dogwhistles (times of political upheaval! the facts that led to an institutional crisis! the opinions of people who weren't alive back then! the double standard of the justice system! historical debt to our armed forces!) and you've got yourself a standard El Mercurio op-ed piece (from someone who literally conspired with a foreign power to overthrow their own democratically elected government, no less).

This reminds me of that whack-rear end EM columnist who recently resigned from his cushy job at an elite (and very conservative-leaning) private university in disgust because some students had a get-together where they played songs by Quilapayún and Víctor Jara (bolshevism apologists!!!). Can't quite remember if he was the same one who, in the wake of Barack Obama's election, published a long piece that basically amounted to "have you noticed that Obama and Osama sound alike??? hmmm are they brothers??? p.s. he only won because of the blacks"
Of course, he's touted as part of the intellectual vanguard of the Chilean right wing. I guess he's like our own Olavo de Carvalho?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
The brazilian toxic mud apocalypse keeps getting worse everyday, most people are still not caring.

Here is a nice view of the mud arriving at the beaches in Espirito Santo:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/bhpvale-samarco-dam-mud-reaches-atlantic-ocean-in-brazils-worst-environmental-disaster-20151124-gl6ma5.html

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Elias_Maluco posted:

The brazilian toxic mud apocalypse keeps getting worse everyday, most people are still not caring.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/bhpvale-samarco-dam-mud-reaches-atlantic-ocean-in-brazils-worst-environmental-disaster-20151124-gl6ma5.html

the mud is not even that toxic, and in fact the mining company said that less than 25% of the toxicity is leaking to the sea, also there are important stuff happening like lula's friend being arrested today, and did you know that lulinha just bought the havaianas company?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

How long will it take for Télam/TV Pública/Radio Nacional to flip to being pro-Macri?

encuentro is gonna get ravaged like a nubile young woman on a viking raid and that makes me upset

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

ArfJason posted:

encuentro is gonna get ravaged like a nubile young woman on a viking raid and that makes me upset

Yeah Encuentro is legit good. Specially since the other documentary channels (Discovery and Co., Nat Geo, History Channel) have gone to poo poo many years ago.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

Because most people can't handle the enormity of big numbers, point out the amount of mud released in the disaster is about equal to one of those big 200 litre drums for every man, woman and child in Brazil.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i dunno guys it doesn't look that bad looks like a Rio Grande do Sul beach looks

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Dias posted:

i dunno guys it doesn't look that bad looks like a Rio Grande do Sul beach looks

Here is a before/after picture for you:

It is really bad

There is also a pretty real possibility of the mud reaching as far as Bahia.

EDIT: here some awful pictures of Regência, former surf beach and tourist heaven

http://g1.globo.com/espirito-santo/fotos/2015/11/fotos-rejeitos-fazem-da-praia-de-regencia-um-mar-de-lama.html

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
still looks just like a gaúcho beach

(I'm being sarcastic although our beaches are terrible, it's a horrendous situation.)

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

SexyBlindfold posted:

Looks like our now less-sophisticated neighbours could learn a thing or two from the elegance of Chilean press reactionaries :smug:. Just douse that thing on ten layers of dogwhistles (times of political upheaval! the facts that led to an institutional crisis! the opinions of people who weren't alive back then! the double standard of the justice system! historical debt to our armed forces!) and you've got yourself a standard El Mercurio op-ed piece (from someone who literally conspired with a foreign power to overthrow their own democratically elected government, no less).

This reminds me of that whack-rear end EM columnist who recently resigned from his cushy job at an elite (and very conservative-leaning) private university in disgust because some students had a get-together where they played songs by Quilapayún and Víctor Jara (bolshevism apologists!!!). Can't quite remember if he was the same one who, in the wake of Barack Obama's election, published a long piece that basically amounted to "have you noticed that Obama and Osama sound alike??? hmmm are they brothers??? p.s. he only won because of the blacks"
Of course, he's touted as part of the intellectual vanguard of the Chilean right wing. I guess he's like our own Olavo de Carvalho?

iirc it was Universidad de Los Andes?
Anyway he should have brought in the Huasos Quincheros to balance it out.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

qnqnx posted:

iirc it was Universidad de Los Andes?
Anyway he should have brought in the Huasos Quincheros to balance it out.

I had no idea you were Chilean haha

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'm clearly agringado

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ArfJason posted:

That sucks. I liked watching Encuentro when I was there.

I wonder if they'll get rid of 678 or just totally change the people.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

That sucks. I liked watching Encuentro when I was there.

I wonder if they'll get rid of 678 or just totally change the people.

They've already said that they are scrapping 6,7,8 (good riddance). I do hope Meeting Channel isn't utterly gutted.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

qnqnx posted:

I'm clearly agringado

CALHA BOQUINHA FILHO DA PUTA GRINGO VIADO NOSSA NOSSA PELE E O REY DE FUTEBOL MEU DUS CARALHO NOSSA QUE ISSO MANO

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ArfJason posted:

CALHA BOQUINHA FILHO DA PUTA GRINGO VIADO NOSSA NOSSA PELE E O REY DE FUTEBOL MEU DUS CARALHO NOSSA QUE ISSO MANO

Nice meltdown.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

ArfJason posted:

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Meltdown? More like any morning coffee at the lanchonete before work.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Encuentro was legit cool. K followers I know are already using 6, 7 8 and its eventual fate as an example of the right wing dictatorship's attempts at killing unbiased media, this is great.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Azran posted:

unbiased media

lol, pretty sure this hasn't existed for the past like 15 years.

Maybe Cronica.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
I like Barcelona.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Markovnikov posted:

lol, pretty sure this hasn't existed for the past like 15 years.

Maybe Cronica.

i understand what these past 8 years the govt has been trying to do with national production but the only worthwhile thing i've ever seen that was produced in this country have been the Crónica Plaques

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yo soy el batman

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Mozi posted:

yo soy el batman

Dr Pavel. Soy cía.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Dr Pavel. Soy cía.

Para ustéd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I still do not understand Peronism. Was it, like, the 1940's version of Trump support?