Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My old ENT recommended I do it. I just set it to the lowest pressure and fill it with warm water and it's like the same kind of irrigation I used to get at the ENT's office. Doesn't damage my ears or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SaltLick posted:

a waterpik for cleaning your ears sounds worse than q tip ever could be

That's what a doctor's office will use to lavage the ear canal to force something out that's lodged. It's gentle enough to not burst an ear drum, but puts enough water in there to get behind any matter to dislodge it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Ended up grabbing this one off amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017TSQ680

22$ and some change shipped. Should be here Wednesday and I'll be able to give a small review if anyone cares.

Nifty thing, discovered that the cheapy kindle tablet might be compatible with it, and if it is, that makes my life a LOT easier.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

22$ and some change shipped. Should be here Wednesday and I'll be able to give a small review if anyone cares.

Nifty thing, discovered that the cheapy kindle tablet might be compatible with it, and if it is, that makes my life a LOT easier.

Aside from looking up my butt (recreationally) I have no use for one of these (academically).
That being said, I may be a grown-rear end man but I will never stop pretending to be a 1960's spy.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It's got some accessories ( a magnet and a hook, and a mirror), so you can annoy anyone in the bathroom by untying their shoes or something.

JAMES BOND NEVER DID THAT, and really, he should have at least once.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

I can legit use this at work, let me know how it goes.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Trillest Parrot posted:

I can legit use this at work, let me know how it goes.

They assigned you to cleaning the ladies rest room this week we see.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

It's got some accessories ( a magnet and a hook, and a mirror), so you can annoy anyone in the bathroom by untying their shoes or something.

JAMES BOND NEVER DID THAT, and really, he should have at least once.

Please don't bring that into any sort of bathroom unless you, at best, expect to stammer out an embarrassed explanation. At worst, 1-3 years.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

The 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse I owned in the early 2000's is laughing at me from its jagged, rusty grave.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Anniversary presents for my wife.

http://www.dwr.com/product/eames-molded-plastic-rocker-rar.do

(local chocolate store, https://www.thechocolatehousedc.com/ )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X7HZGP2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

my deadlift personal record
them's some fancy chockerlits

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

That's some weird BSDM gear.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Man, gently caress cave diving. Couldn't pay me enough to do that.

KracKiwi
Mar 29, 2002

:byodood: well excuse me, princess!

can never be too safe when deep frying turkeys

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I bought some really flattering "don't hit me with a car" gear so I can walk in the evenings.

(blinky light things)

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007

I'm down to read your mini review of this. There's been a handful of times something like this would have been super helpful.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Man, gently caress cave diving. Couldn't pay me enough to do that.

My wife and I are going to do some wreck diving - I am interested in some simple cave diving, but fear may preclude me from trying. If you want to lose sleep read Diver Down that book freaked me out.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

dreesemonkey posted:

I bought some really flattering "don't hit me with a car" gear so I can walk in the evenings.

(blinky light things)

You're going to wear a vest and blinking lights to walk at night?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Magic Underwear posted:

If you don't have sidewalks where you live and don't want to be turned into roadkill while walking/jogging/running on the road this is actually a good idea.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea, if you value your life these are pretty much mandatory.

RCarr has a new favorite as of 22:32 on Nov 24, 2015

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Magic Underwear posted:

$30 to save your life.

When conditions aren't perfect I also wear a hi viz, reflector vest, like that one. You can tell when a driver gets startled noticing you. It's a visible jerk of the wheel.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Geoj posted:

If you don't have sidewalks where you live and don't want to be turned into roadkill while walking/jogging/running on the road this is actually a good idea.

Bingo. I live in the country so no sidewalks. The road is narrow and hilly so there isn't much space to get off the road for traffic.

Thankfully, since it's a rural area I was only passed by one car last night on my 2 mile walk.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Helmet that actually fits, visor and cheekpads for helmet

And a nice winter jacket.

:homebrew: there really needs to be a smiley for setting money on fire.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

M42 posted:

And a nice winter jacket.

Mountain Hardwear parka? Couldn't have been more than $275 :v:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Cheerson CX-10C

JUST LOOK AT THIS CUTE LITTLE THING WHO'S A CUTE LITTLE VIOLATION OF PRIVACY YOU ARE YES YOU ARE

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

M42 posted:

There is: :retrogames:

I've preordered Evolutive Labs' bumper case for the 6P:

Super pumped, I've heard nothing but great things about their products.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Ropes4u posted:

My wife and I are going to do some wreck diving - I am interested in some simple cave diving, but fear may preclude me from trying. If you want to lose sleep read Diver Down that book freaked me out.

Try cavern diving, it's not all that different from wreck diving, but will give you a taste of it. There are a lot of really easy caverns out there, some with with a lot more overhead than others.

In my training class we had to turn off our lights and take off our mask and find our way out of the cavern using only the line we ran on our way in.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

rockcity posted:

Try cavern diving, it's not all that different from wreck diving, but will give you a taste of it. There are a lot of really easy caverns out there, some with with a lot more overhead than others.

In my training class we had to turn off our lights and take off our mask and find our way out of the cavern using only the line we ran on our way in.

There is a fairly high body count associated with cave diving - probably a good drill to have down. We will definitely try caverns and wrecks first.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Had to go and buy a flea collar, since I'll be taking care of my sister's cat for the next few months

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Slowly but surely assembling the garage gym. Need to sort out some plywood and matting for the deadlift platform.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

rockcity posted:

Had to do the same thing with my wreck diving course. Follow the line back out again with no mask on, simulate a silt-out.

Could not ever pay me to do cave diving though, gently caress that noise.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

nike sneakerboots for the winter since a pair i like finally showed up.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

Had to do the same thing with my wreck diving course. Follow the line back out again with no mask on, simulate a silt-out.

Could not ever pay me to do cave diving though, gently caress that noise.

Yeah, I dig caverns, but I have no interest in serious cave diving. I went a couple hundred feet past the cave line with my instructor in a cave he knew well just to check it out. That was enough for me.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Merry christmas to me. :toot: Time to replace my 15 year old poo poo boxes that smell like mildew and take 2 1-hour cycles to dry anything.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I had the smoker in my cart last week, it happened to go on sale today. Why not?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
You smoke too much.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I didn't plan to make any major purchases this holiday season.

My plan went poorly.

Travelpro Flightcrew 4 22" Rollaboard

Braun 340s wet & dry shaver

J. Crew Dock Thinsulate peacoat

Arc'Teryx Atom LT hoodie

A couple Calvin Klein casual shirts

4 Terramar performance fabric boxer briefs in assorted colors

111 pc mechanics tool set, Home Depot brand

Footjoy Dryjoys Casual golf shoes

Stanley LeverLock 26' metric tape measure

Pocket square with hand-rolled edges and 2" tie clip from The Tie Bar

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 16:07 on Dec 20, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Trauma posted:

You smoke too much.

Clearly I have yet to smoke at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Geoj posted:

Even in urban areas it can be brutal. My part of Vancouver is adding super bright LED lights to problem areas because people are getting run over nearly every day in winter when it gets dark at 4pm.