Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Nessus posted:

The thesis is that the fuhrer has magical powers to create and alter reality which will lead him to the intoxicating triumph of absolutism . . . .

. . . . Trump is existing within an already-distorted reality space. He is a master... of that space. That space is not necessarily the same as the reality that the greater part of America inhabits, though there are in fact points of interface . . . . I think that this will go over less well with the general electoral public, and I doubt Trump is going to be able to leverage a putsch . . . .

The primary voters for both major parties as a whole are more informed and intelligent than the general electorate.

You people telling yourselves that the general electorate will save you from Trump are delusional. He's HAMPERED in the primary, not enhanced by it.

Just wait until he unleashes his media mastery and cult of personality on the dip-shits who can't be bothered to vote in the primaries. The kind of morons in the Google survey Joementum posted who answered "None of the Above" who are also in the majority BTW.

You people had better wake up and realize that Trump is at his WEAKEST now, not his strongest. If you wanna stump Trump, you better accept the reality that Bernie will lose to the Wall-Street Hooker and vote in the GOP primary instead.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Boosted_C5 posted:

The primary voters for both major parties as a whole are more informed and intelligent than the general electorate.

You people telling yourselves that the general electorate will save you from Trump are delusional. He's HAMPERED in the primary, not enhanced by it.

Just wait until he unleashes his media mastery and cult of personality on the dip-shits who can't be bothered to vote in the primaries. The kind of morons in the Google survey Joementum posted who answered "None of the Above" who are also in the majority BTW.

You people had better wake up and realize that Trump is at his WEAKEST now, not his strongest. If you wanna stump Trump, you better accept the reality that Bernie will lose to the Wall-Street Hooker and vote in the GOP primary instead.

So you're Himmler?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Boosted_C5 posted:

I always imagine you like, really hammering on the keyboard hard when you type in all caps and then sit back looking satisfied when you've finished a post

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

Being the guy all Hispanic people genuinely loathe will definitely be a huge benefit in the general election in the year of our Lord 2016.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Boosted_C5 posted:

This sounds like it's coming from a Donald Trump/Call of the Cthulhu crossover fanfic and frankly I'm angered that I can't read it myself

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

You also have to remember that the dude who keeps saying sexist poo poo, who will be running against a lady who is going to be challenging his authority, is probably going yo do really really well with women voters

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Angrymantium posted:

This sounds like it's coming from a Donald Trump/Call of the Cthulhu crossover fanfic and frankly I'm angered that I can't read it myself

There aren't any books but if you read the tweets you have a chance to go insane

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Zelder posted:

You also have to remember that the dude who keeps saying sexist poo poo, who will be running against a lady who is going to be challenging his authority, is probably going yo do really really well with women voters

coughRickLaziocough

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Boosted_C5 posted:

hilary is a bitch oval office whore who sucks the dicks of everyone on wall street if they had dicks rather than lizard organs.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Something tells me if Trump got to the general, there would be record hispanic/black turnout. Probably not in his favor.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Wallstreet hooker? Is Eliot Spitzer running now?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Baloogan posted:

hilary is a bitch oval office whore who sucks the dicks of everyone on wall street if they had dicks rather than lizard organs.

same

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I guess Boosted has managed to compartmentalize the issues he was having accepting that Trump planned to set up extra-judicial squads of brownshirts to round of darkies in the night, and go forward with his Trumplust. I assume that container now also holds the whole "Muslims should be tracked and have to wear special badges saying they're Muslim" issue that logically should also be troubling him

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Patter Song posted:

If Kerry had been in the lead in 2004, there could've been a hilarious problem. New York State's electors cast their votes, all of them, for "John L. Kerry." John Kerry's middle initial is F. Had Kerry won in 2004 with New York state holding the deciding margin, we'd probably have seen a wonderful court case where Republicans argued that New York voted for some other guy named John Kerry and that there was no electoral majority.

Anyway, new Massachusetts poll courtesy of Boston Globe:

Trump 32
Rubio 18
Cruz 10
Jeb! 7
Carson 5
Fiorina/Christie 4
Kasich 2
Paul 1

Remember people saying that blue state primaries are good for establishment candidates?

Hahahahah Trump is going to kill it in the North East.(Thats if he's still around then... Sr. Grampy Sr. may have been deployed)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Zelder posted:

I always imagine you like, really hammering on the keyboard hard when you type in all caps and then sit back looking satisfied when you've finished a post

It's a pity, going by your regdate, you weren't here during the 2008 election and accompanying LF shenanigans. Boosted's posts are but a pale shadow of the shitposting of Paradol Ex who, among other things, sneeringly predicted Hillary would get the nomination and then lose the general to Mitt.

When none of that happened, PeX claimed it wasn't his fault reality got it wrong.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

A name I've not heard since...

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Paradol Ex is the gimmick i'm most ashamed that I never got to see

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Swan Oat posted:

I don't want a commander in chief who can't work the angles on a selfie. Do you?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

This thread should slow down. I'm just not high-energy enough to read all these posts.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
So, if Trump gets the nomination are the GOP backers going to back him up with the $1 billion war chest customary of recent nominees? Or are they going to just give Hillary the election? TBH though, Trump can win this thing with his own money and tell everyone to gently caress themselves, unless he is cheap, like some people say he is.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!
One thing to keep in mind about people's attention span in politics: Canadians complained like mad about having to pay attention to politics through the ordeal of a 78 day long election. The entire election played out during roughly the timeframe of the fall of Jeb and rise of Trump.

For a certain segment of the American population, though, the early Republican debates were just as important as the election itself: the right. (And political junkies in general, of course :munch:). And the far-right found their man, while the mainstream found that the establishment has nothing. Well, part of the far-right, I should say, since the evangelicals just saw their man deflate like a balloon when reality intruded on the fact that their entire subculture is batshit crazy and are currently literally begging for someone to convincingly pander to them.

The far right is very vocal online. Not many other people are paying much attention to politics, and those that do don't really have much to pay attention to other than Trump's antics at the moment.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I'm guessing Baloogan was probated for being to pro-hillary for this board

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Zelder posted:

You did miss out, but if he was a gimmick he never broke character, with that character being "obnoxious shitheel who's wrong about everything, obsessed with pro wrestling and the Matrix, and forever questing for a new couch."

I remain somewhat curious about whether or not he ever bought that couch, to be honest.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Wallstreet hooker? Is Eliot Spitzer running now?

He was a customer, not a provider

Epic High Five posted:

I guess Boosted has managed to compartmentalize the issues he was having accepting that Trump planned to set up extra-judicial squads of brownshirts to round of darkies in the night, and go forward with his Trumplust. I assume that container now also holds the whole "Muslims should be tracked and have to wear special badges saying they're Muslim" issue that logically should also be troubling him
Maybe Giovanni Gentile then. It's okay everyone, Boosted is a neo-Hegelian

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

It's not Walker's fault that he looks dopey from any angle.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
The thing which Joementum and Nate Silver don't get is, the R and D primaries have switched over.

In old R primaries, the eastablishment would win while grassroots would win D primaries. Now, establishment wins D primaries and grassroots wins R.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Zelder posted:

Don't worry. You didn't miss anything good.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Walker looked less presidential than Jeb! so him staying in would have probably helped Jeb!'s numbers

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

My Imaginary GF posted:

The thing which Joementum and Nate Silver don't get is, the R and D primaries have switched over.

In old R primaries, the eastablishment would win while grassroots would win D primaries. Now, establishment wins D primaries and grassroots wins R.

grassroots has yet to win this primary even though they've had some success at the local level

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

does anyone still have that big wall of incorrect paradol ex predictions? it was a masterpiece

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

My Imaginary GF posted:

Funny you should say that when 538 talked about that in July
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/republicans-are-acting-like-democrats-democrats-are-acting-like-republicans/

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You did miss out, but if he was a gimmick he never broke character, with that character being "obnoxious shitheel who's wrong about everything, obsessed with pro wrestling and the Matrix, and forever questing for a new couch."

I remain somewhat curious about whether or not he ever bought that couch, to be honest.

my favorite chapter in the Paradol Ex saga was when he declared, out of nowhere, that Barack Obama metaphorically date raped his sister. no explanation for that turn of phrase or in what particular way Obama resembled a sex offender could ever be produced.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

babypolis posted:

does anyone still have that big wall of incorrect paradol ex predictions? it was a masterpiece

Actually, I think you're find, Pex Was Right(TM)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Zelder posted:

im a bit skeptical of this b/c if theres one thing that GOP electoral performances have shown, lotsa women will turn out to pull the lever for the republicans regardless of what monstrous stuff they say

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Boosted_C5 posted:

You tell your neighbors about your Trumpthusiasm yet?

paranoid randroid posted:

im a bit skeptical of this b/c if theres one thing that GOP electoral performances have shown, lotsa women will turn out to pull the lever for the republicans regardless of what monstrous stuff they say
A lot, sure, but if the Republicans lose - say - ten percent of their female voters, that's huge. That probably sinks them in a lot of areas. I don't think it's beyond conception that (say) the Donald trying to blame Hillary for Bill's philandering, during a debate, would cause that degree of voter turn-off.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

babypolis posted:

You'll need archives, but it's here.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
pex has departed from us, but the "wrap it up -ailures" meme lives on

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

my favorite chapter in the Paradol Ex saga was when he declared, out of nowhere, that Barack Obama metaphorically date raped his sister. no explanation for that turn of phrase or in what particular way Obama resembled a sex offender could ever be produced.

quote:

That's what he is. The loving rear end in a top hat is a date rapist. I don't loath this piece of poo poo because he is a center-of-right politician or because he panders or because he doesn't support my interests. Anyone with any sort of power in this worthless country would slice my throat and my interests to get ahead. They don't give a poo poo about truth or fairness or equality. So in this respect Obama is nothing special. So that's not why I loathe him.

I loathe this motherfucker because of what he does to people like me. More naive than me, but like me. Younger than me, but like me. More optimistic than me, but like me.

I hate Obama because of what he does to the equivalent of my retarded brother.

Even republicans realize that McCain is a soft-serve piece of poo poo funneled into a nutcase. No matter how worthless or sick or mindless republican voters are, they are going into this election with eyes wide open.

But not the liberal youth. They believe in this loving bitch. This self-serving date rapist spineless cowardly slippery and smooth slick Brooks Brothers suit of nothing. He's somehow convinced them to believe in him. To be optimistic. To "hope" for "change".

Here's the thing, though. He's full of poo poo. It's obvious to anyone with the right eye. But people like my retarded brothers and sisters, they don't see it.

So if you wonder why I hate Baquack Obama, it isn't because I fell for his bullshit. It's because I know people who are intellectually and emotionally close to my worldview who fell for it. And they are giving him millions of their dollars and thousands of hours of their time just so he can ignore them the moment he doesn't need them anymore and do exactly the opposite of what my brothers and sisters thought he would do.

Yes, it's my brothers and sisters' fault for leaving the party, drunkenly walking across the overgrown grass in the backyard and wandering into the outhouse on the edge of the Ozark woods with Baquack Obamailure. But it's his fault for raping them.

He is a son of bitch. Because at least Hillary and McCain had enough balls to scoff at the idea of hope or change, in this country, at this moment, by politicians with the same old, self-obsessed ideals that they all hold.

But Obama packaged "hope" and "change" as a big red roofie and shoved it down my 12 year-old sister's throat with his fingers until she gagged on his wedding ring, all because he knew once she swallowed it he would get what he wanted.

gently caress Barack Obama.

Joementum posted:

Actually, I think you're find, Pex Was Right(TM)

quote:

Well, and like I've said, I did pretty much get it right. The fact that Hillary and Romney didn't get the nominations are pretty irrelevant. My predications were based on the most logical progression of events and it's not my fault that Hillary hosed up so bad she lost her nomination or that for the first time in ever the republican leadership failed to get republican voters to do what they wanted them to do. No one could have seen either of those things coming.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

stephenfry posted:

i don't know what the gently caress is going on, I'm scared

Vote Republican then! What America needs is brave MEN with the stomach to take on those evil terrorists and thugs prowling your streets at night; while those spendthrift, hedonistic, army reducing liberals, are asleep at the wheel, letting in every murderer in a turban through!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
wow thats even grosser than i remember!

• Locked thread