Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

WB.Elder.Pliny posted:

Hi [blank],

We’ve been working with our development and graphics driver partners over the last few months to investigate utilizing multi-GPU support within Batman: Arkham Knight. The result was that even the best case estimates for performance improvements turned out to be relatively small given the high risk of creating new issues for all players. As a result we’ve had to make the difficult decision to stop work on further multi-GPU support. We are disappointed that this was not practical and apologize to those who have been waiting for this feature.

Sorry for anybody banking on SLI support to make the game playable for them. For anybody else, keep an eye on the steam discussion forum for the game if you're bored, because it's about to be alight with the despair of a very vocal group of people who were still hopeful.

I'm glad the game works for me on PC, but I legitimately feel bad for those that can't run it. It's a really solid addition to the franchise IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Another member of the "patch broke the game for me" crowd here. Runs like :butt: even on low. This from running decently on medium with only occasional hitches.

I've played it for 28 hours but I've now refunded it. Currently debating if that should go straight to FO4 or if I should wait for the FO4 GOTY edition at a massively lowered price later.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So, apparently the upcoming Catwoman DLC involves climbing around on the ceiling, sneaking around and stealing keys from guards, all so Catwoman can enter the locked section of Riddler's factory to complete her objective.

You know, just like in Arkham City. :shepicide:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, apparently the upcoming Catwoman DLC involves climbing around on the ceiling, sneaking around and stealing keys from guards, all so Catwoman can enter the locked section of Riddler's factory to complete her objective.

You know, just like in Arkham City. :shepicide:

That seems perfectly reasonable honestly. I mean it sucks it's probably 10 minutes long but Catwoman's segments involving stealth, agility and thievery are pretty much what they should be.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They just haven't announced the catmobile yet.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It's a little customized European car that can drive on walls and peashot tanks to death.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

That seems perfectly reasonable honestly. I mean it sucks it's probably 10 minutes long but Catwoman's segments involving stealth, agility and thievery are pretty much what they should be.

I suppose. Looks a bit too similar to the Hugo Strange thing, though.

Andrast posted:

They just haven't announced the catmobile yet.

Ah, the old days of comics back when everyone had their own personalized vehicles.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Ah, the old days of comics back when everyone had their own personalized vehicles.
I hope you got to watch that racing episode of Brave and the Bold.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I need to watch more episodes of that. I remember it was a pretty fun series, though Chill in the Night was very BTAS-esque.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
So there's this if you haven't refunded the game yet.

quote:

A few weeks ago we asked you to tell us your stories about your favourite environments from Rocksteady’s previous Arkham games. What we were looking for was inspiration. Specifically, inspiration for the maps that we’re going to be bringing into Batman: Arkham Knight in the Community Challenge Pack.

We had over 800 replies on the discussion thread, and so many of the stories in there got us seriously fired up about going back to our earlier work. Over the last two weeks we’ve been going through the source code for Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City and testing out how the maps from those games work in our updated engine. Thanks to some amazing work from the people in our Engine, Environment, Art and Design teams, we’re pleased to announce the maps that will be coming to the Community Challenge Pack in January. Based on the maps that the community was asking for, here’s what you can look forward to:

Predator
  • Wayne Manor Main Hall (Batman: Arkham City)
  • Batcave (Batman: Arkham City)
  • Sanatorium, Medical Facility (Batman: Arkham Asylum)

Combat
  • Iceberg Lounge (Batman: Arkham City)
  • Crime Alley (Batman: Arkham Knight)
  • Monarch Theatre (Batman: Arkham City)

And just for you guys, here’s a sneak preview of how Wayne Manor is going to look in Batman: Arkham Knight:

But wait, that’s not all! We’re adding in a seventh AR challenge to the Community Challenge Pack: Endless Knight. We’ve been listening to you guys and one of the most interesting ideas the community has had is for an endless survival predator map. We made a prototype and ended up really liking it, so we’re bringing it to you in January.

The Community Challenge Pack is coming to Batman: Arkham Knight in January 2016. PC owners will be able to access the pack a little earlier than everyone else. We can’t wait for you to play it.

While this all sounds cool I fear that the only wave-combat maps we'll be getting is in the upcoming challenge map DLC for November, if there isn't another one in December. This means the rest of the combat stuff is overwhelmingly timed, endless or specific challenge.

For reference the combat maps for this DLC are endless, endless and unknown (because it's not based on an existing challenge map).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'd rather have the Botanical Gardens than the drab Asylum facilities.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Happy to report Catwoman and Robin missions hold up to established high standards. Book the week off work, boys!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc1f6imemKI

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Riddler's gone from being an intelligent if annoying adversary to a full-on nut. Talking poo poo to a guy with a taser? His dialogue with Catwoman is fairly amusing, though.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, am I better off picking up this game for cheap on Xbox One on Black Friday than I am waiting for the PC version to get fixed? It came with my 970. The clipping, especially while using the Batmobile, was annoying as gently caress. Not sure if I've played it since the "patch", but I don't have high hopes.

89 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 24, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

89 posted:

So, am I better off picking up this game for cheap on Xbox One on Black Friday than I am waiting for the PC version to get fixed? It came with my 970. The clipping, especially while using the Batmobile, was annoying as gently caress. Not sure if I've played it since the "patch", but I don't have high hopes.

I think the PC version is as fixed as it's going to get. If you still have it installed, at least try the most recent version and see what happens. If it's still borked, go for the console edition.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

89 posted:

PC version is as fixed as it's going to get. You're better off checking out the ps4/xbox one version if it doesn't work on your PC.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man the lack of challenge maps was one of my chief complaints and it's pretty surprising how much they listened to people about that, they're adding a metric fuckton of them to the game now. unfortunate I traded this in way way before but the GotY edition of this will be a really sweet pickup next year. still doesn't change how loving retarded they were to only include like 3 goddamn maps from day one but hey, at least they're supporting (the console version)

89 posted:

yes get the console version as the base game is still very fun. The PC version is pretty much admitted by even developers as a lost cause for now

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 24, 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

1.7Gb patch just dropped.. Can't wait to see what DLC it adds and what bugs it doesn't fix.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Can't wait to see what DLC it adds
Just scroll up and click the trailer.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Infinitum posted:

1.7Gb patch just dropped.. Can't wait to see what DLC it adds and what bugs it doesn't fix.

The trailer doesn't mention it but it should add character selection to the Predator challenge rooms as well.

EDIT: according to the WB boards it also tweaked Red Hood, Harley and Batgirl's movesets

Harley Quinn:
- Critical Strikes
- Extra ballistic and combat armour
- Blade Dodge Takedown
- Special combo boost (can do special combo takedown at X5)

Batgirl:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown
- Special combo boost (can do special combo moves at X5)
- Special Combo Disarm + Destroy
- Special Combo Multi-Ground Takedown

Red Hood:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 24, 2015

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Steam downloaded a big update, but the menu lists the new DLC as coming soon and I can't play it.

There was also some update and someone on the Steam forums claim that the game runs better on his super beefed up machine.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The trailer doesn't mention it but it should add character selection to the Predator challenge rooms as well.

EDIT: according to the WB boards it also tweaked Red Hood, Harley and Batgirl's movesets

Harley Quinn:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown

Batgirl:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown

Red Hood:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown
I wonder if they updated them to also let them fight other enemies or if they're locked off from fighting brutes, ninjas, etc.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sober posted:

I wonder if they updated them to also let them fight other enemies or if they're locked off from fighting brutes, ninjas, etc.

Who knows. I did see people claiming the challenge Predator rooms are impossible to do with Harley because she lacks silent takedowns.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Who knows. I did see people claiming the challenge Predator rooms are impossible to do with Harley because she lacks silent takedowns.

Why would that make them impossible?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Harley Quinn:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown

Batgirl:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown

Red Hood:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown

YES.

Trickjaw posted:

Happy to report Catwoman and Robin missions hold up to established high standards. Book the week off work, boys!

For a second I thought you weren't being sarcastic and that you mean it was of the main campaign high standard. I should have known better.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Playing the Catwoman DLC now but what the fresh hell is the final encounter?

Also there's a "puzzle" (riddle, really) but despite being told there were clues I could not for the life of me find them. Anyway you can brute force the drat thing but I was curious what exactly the clues were.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Harley stealth owns, instead of patiently awaiting creative kills you have to batshit speedrun the whole thing. Crowd everyone together and go into Mayhem mode.

Having Blade Dodge Takedown on more characters makes things so much better too.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Harley Quinn:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown

Batgirl:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown

Red Hood:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown

This is weird. They don't seem to actually have critical strikes, but get an extra multiplier point for strikes while the combo meter is charged. Except if the final slomo attack is a strike it counts as a proper critical strike.

I also still only have combo takedown with Batgirl, no disarms or multi-ground takedown.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

No fighting Brutes for the DLC characters. Oh well.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Sober posted:

Playing the Catwoman DLC now but what the fresh hell is the final encounter?

Also there's a "puzzle" (riddle, really) but despite being told there were clues I could not for the life of me find them. Anyway you can brute force the drat thing but I was curious what exactly the clues were.
If you mean the 4 switches there are numbers by the main "icons" of those attractions--you can see the 3 if you look up and to the left of the switches, for example. Once I saw that, I just brute-d through, knowing that the statue would be third, which made it very simple once you got the first two.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
UUUuuuUUuuUUuuUUuuugh the final fight in the Catwoman DLC sucks even for Arkham Knight DLC. Why would you make a combat arena of a rapidly shrinking "forbidden zone" in a game that relies on positioning not even being a challenge (and frequently changes as a result). Like, why. Whyyyyyy.

Everything in the room is green. The enemies are green. The walls are green. The enemies are constantly shooting green sparks as the floor slowly turns green. My eyes turn green, bleed green, fall onto the floor.

This is the worst thing in any Arkham game. This is worse than literally every part of Arkham Origins.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 25, 2015

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

UUUuuuUUuuUUuuUUuuugh the final fight in the Catwoman DLC sucks even for Arkham Knight DLC. Why would you make a combat arena of a rapidly shrinking "forbidden zone" in a game that relies on positioning not even being a challenge (and frequently changes as a result). Like, why. Whyyyyyy.

Everything in the room is green. The enemies are green. The walls are green. The enemies are constantly shooting green sparks as the floor slowly turns green. My eyes turn green, bleed green, fall onto the floor.
Yeah it's really dumb mostly because you need to cheese it with the trip attack (A+B / X+Circle) every time it comes up to clear most of them away before the area shrinks too much. Then you probably have like 4 or so left you just need to counter spam on.

It's funny how Batgirl and Azrael are basically just shittier versions of Batman, mostly in the gadget department but they have almost essentially the same hand-to-hand movesets now after Batgirl got buffed so to speak. It just means two of those characters really just busywork re: combat. I really doubt they're much different from Batman combat-wise short of a few gadget attacks that might get you more variation points. Actually just typing this Batgirl also doesn't have boosted gadgets but Azrael does, and Azrael has all the same combat gadgets as Batman.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Isn't Azrael's moveset literally identical to Batman? What's he missing that makes him shittier?

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
Are the new WayneTech racetracks perhaps the shittiest tracks yet?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

How do you get fear multi-takedowns to work? I have the fear icon, but it seems really hit or miss whether I get the prompt for it. It's usually overridden by drop attack or glide kick.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
That's probably happening because the goons are getting outside of the range of each other for fear takedowns right before you press the button.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

This is the worst thing in any Arkham game. This is worse than literally every part of Arkham Origins.

Shock and Awe Extreme: The Revenge!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Shock and Awe Extreme: The Revenge!

In Shock and Awe Extreme you could at least see what the gently caress was going on and most importantly you had FENCES

During the string of failures I wrote that post in I think 90% of my deaths were because I had resigned myself to the 4x4 non-electric squares in the center just hitting counter when applicable instead of y'know playing an Arkham game and Catwoman would counter a dude in some super dramatic way that involved throwing herself right out of the safe zone. Like, you get zapped even if you're not touching the floor in the animation. You get zapped even if you're in a combo takedown. Etc.

It's the worst thing I've ever seen in an Arkham game like Jeeeeeesus Christ I have no idea how it got in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Holy poo poo is that Nightwing Predator map ridiculous. It's set in the GCPD building again and you have to get through seventeen guys, leaving the detective mode jammer for last, take down at least five using ledge takedowns, and avoid any of the glass breaking, which the map is loving full of. I eventually managed to get it with a time of like nine and a half minutes but it took at least an hour and one crash to get through.

I'm also really not happy about them bringing back Catwoman's caltrops as a predator requirement, I still have no loving clue how to consistently trip guys with them outside of combat.

• Locked thread