Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Who are the Browns going to draft and ruin? I hope it's a total scumbag so we won't have to feel sorry for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@AdamSchefter: Ravens claimed former Bears QB Jimmy Clausen off waivers, per source. Clausen and Ravens OC Marc Trestman reunite in Baltimore.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Browns will never be good. Pettine is awful and so is Farmer. Keep them just to change the perception of the team and they will only keep making an already terrible team worse. Fire them and they won't be able to attract any candidates worth a poo poo.

Only hope is they can crater hard enough to get the first pick and a real top QB is believed to be there come draft time . Then they might maybe possibly could get a solid GM and HC since they'd have a QB to build around.

Manziel would be cut if Pettine had the power so he can be safely thrown on the trash heap of Browns first round busts. He will get a shot somewhere else though since besides whatever you make of his personal life bullshit he actually has looked vastly improved thus year on a poo poo team with poo poo players and zero run game. No idea if he ever lives up to his draft status but it's not nearly as hopeless as Weeden or Quinn and the like.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ehud posted:

@AdamSchefter: Ravens claimed former Bears QB Jimmy Clausen off waivers, per source. Clausen and Ravens OC Marc Trestman reunite in Baltimore.

gently caress YOU

gently caress YOU

gently caress YOU

gently caress YOU

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

This is going to be game of the year

Browns sans Johnny, Ravens sans Flacco. Who can suffer the loss of their starting QB less.

McCown threw for 457 yards against the Ravens last time and we got the taint catch.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Benching Manziel was a twist I did not see coming in this part of the season but that's the Browns, always keeping you guessing.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ehud posted:

haha what? Why on earth would you do this even accepting the ravens current IR situation. An unfilled roster spot is probably better than pickles is.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Ehud posted:

pffffffffttt the ride never ends

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Wait, I missed something, what did JFF do to get benched since the loss to the Steelers?

Edit: Oh, party bender video, ok. Sorry Hockles.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 24, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Monday Night will be the worst football in a long while.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ehud posted:

Yessss!!!! Do you guys think the final teammate Steve Smith ever punches is Jimmy Clausen?

"This is what I shoulda done back in 2010 gently caress boy."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

This is too perfect to not happen. A broken man in a broken team.

You noticed this but not the epic troll move of the Rams signing RG3? For shame

Ehud posted:

lmfao

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@RapSheet: The #Dolphins claimed pass-rusher Quinton Coples, filling a need on the edge.

least surprising waiver claim ever

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

kalensc posted:

Wait, I missed something, what did JFF do to get benched since the loss to the Steelers?

Edit: Oh, party bender video, ok. Sorry Hockles.

Be an alcoholic publicly

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Browns fans are taking the news very well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xl4LAcSiYI

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
JFC Schaub is gonna get benched after two games and then the Pickles era begins fml

fire trestman.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

sorry not sorry :nexus:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I can't definitively say that Schaub is a better choice than Pickles at this point in their respective careers

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Elotana posted:

Is a man driving while vlogging admonishing another human being for poor decision making

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Elotana posted:

Youtube preview image does not deliver.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I hope Johnny stays in the league and gets a shot with another team. Yeah he probably shouldn't have been out with alcohol, but he's also shown improvement this season even when the coach told him to stop doing things he's good at.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
We were so very close to seeing Johnny Football vs Pickles.

I hope you get fired Pettine.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ehud posted:

Hahahahaha

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

wandler20 posted:

So Jerry Jones Chip Kelly is totally signing Manziel after he's cut isn't he?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Having Flacco as the default starter on Sunday
Having Schaub as the default starter on Monday
Having Clausen as the default backup on Tuesday

The loving hardest of falls

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Pretty sure Dan Snyder will only offer JFF $50m/10yr when his contact up now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Amendola questionable for Sunday, Dobson likely out for Sunday

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Chris James 2 posted:

Amendola questionable for Sunday, Dobson likely out for Sunday

NVM found it.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/danny-amendola-has-knee-sprain-not-expected-to-miss-much-time-for-new-england-patriots

quote:

Danny Amendola has a knee sprain that will limit him throughout the week. His availability for the game Sunday in Denver will be determined by how he responds to treatment and an increase in work load as the week progresses. He's not expected to miss an extended period of time.

As for Aaron Dobson, the prognosis is not final but he is expected to miss at least the Denver game, and perhaps more than that. As Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald reported, X-rays of Dobson's foot showed no broken bones, but the extent of any ligament damage will dictate how long he'll be down.

Good news.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 24, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Browns fan on Deadspin posted:

We somehow lost to the Bye week

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

:master:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So how high did PFF grade Evan Mathis on sunday?

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CUm86nVW4AAsAmS.mp4

I checked:

quote:

Evan Mathis (+3.8) had a slow start to the year, but he has come on strong down the middle-stretch of the season, and yesterday was a continuation of that.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
god our o-line is trash

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Kalli posted:

So how high did PFF grade Evan Mathis on sunday?

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CUm86nVW4AAsAmS.mp4

I checked:

Hm. That site must be an Elway mouthpiece. Follow the paper trail imo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
You're not getting this first overall pick, Ravens. Back off.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

You're not getting this first overall pick, Ravens and Chargers. Back off.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

You're not getting this first overall pick, Ravens. Back off.

gently caress You

If we're having Clausen for 1.5 loving months, we're getting that pick too

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The idea of a team with an excellent QB getting the #1 overall draft pick just feels unpleasant.

I feel like the Titans should get it, get another building block for that team, and maybe actually not be forgotten anymore.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chris James 2 posted:

gently caress You

If we're having Clausen for 1.5 loving months, we're getting that pick too

Your schedule is stronger than ours. That is in our favor even if you lose out, because we're sure as hell not winning another game

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
On Monday the MNF Preview was Flacco Vs JFF. They made a quick edit and just deleted the Flacco parts and extended JFF. Now what does the MNF preview say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Athanatos posted:

On Monday the MNF Preview was Flacco Vs JFF. They made a quick edit and just deleted the Flacco parts and extended JFF. Now what does the MNF preview say?

A big middle finger over audio of "we know you'll watch anyway"

• Locked thread