Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Someone posting on SA mocking for-pay private internet clubs.

Look I just joined for guild OK, that's not shameful at all because finding a good guild sucks. Unfortunately I found goon guilds and well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

MeLKoR posted:

If SA charged thousands instead of :10bux: there might be some comparison.

Non-sense. The only difference that matters is that they have a black bouncer and we do not. That's how you know your autism club is for real - a virtual black man that gives you a high five as you walk in.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Mirificus posted:

Well, we wouldn't want the plebeians bringing down the quality of certain locales.

I'm picturing an unwashed unshaved shitizen in stained underwear spending hours on tortuously animated virtual hygiene to chat with his buddies in his space club.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Meanwhile in The Gentlemens Club

"Good evening Commander, you want a drink after a hard day with me here in the Gentlemens Club?"

"Sure do Commander, make mine a Space Whisky On the meteors"

"Tough day in space eh Commander? Never mind relax and unwind and stand here while I look at your uniform"

"OK I will do that Commander and I will look at your uniform as well as I stand in The Gentlemens Club Drinking my drink"

"Commander I need to ask you a question Commander"

"OK Commander, what is your intentions and question Commander, you are clear for asking, 10 / 4 ask me a question Commander"

"Have you ever so much as set foot in a spaceship or played the game Commander, like, out there, killed anything? I mean, we've been in here for months now, standing around and looking at each others uniforms"

"U wot m8?"

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009
Maybe if you are one of the top 100 whales you can fill in for the bouncer and personally refuse entrance to the 99%.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

FactsAreUseless posted:

Someone posting on SA mocking for-pay private internet clubs.

sometimes if you're up to your knees in a quicksand pit, all you can do is point and laugh at the guy who's up to his chest

says the goon with the popsicle stick

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

Meanwhile in The Gentlemens Club

Can't wait to see people try to use this, but fall through the couch or get ejected from the bar stools right before the server crashes.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I solemnly swear that I don't care.

I'm trying to get Karl so mad at me he'll buy me an account for SC so I can experience the pinnacle of pc gaming.

Edit: Love the new thread title!
While you may have gotten the pleasure of getting called various flavors of retard, there were no bizarre numbers.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Can't wait to see people try to use this, but fall through the couch or get ejected from the bar stools right before the server crashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIRNXp2Et78

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mirificus posted:

While you may have gotten the pleasure of getting called various flavors of retard, there were no bizarre numbers.

That is a lot of development time.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ3GndmvSi0

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In the year 2525
If Karl is still alive

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

FactsAreUseless posted:

In the year 2525
If Karl is still alive

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Dear citizens reading this thread.

Please do not get mad about video games, as they are just toys, for children.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

messi_knessi has only ever posted in /r/DerekSmart

Go gently caress yourself Karl. lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Generic Orchestral Sci Fi Music : Volume 1

We are delighted to announce another pseudo posh helping of unremarkable drivel, including:

Sounds a bit like E.T. Overture
Doing that thing that Spielberg likes to do with Clarinets
Upbeat and with Kettle Drums Battle Scene
Love Interest With Flutes Parts 1 and 2
Quiet, Quiet, Quiet, CRESCENDO Movements 1 to 9

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

Generic Orchestral Sci Fi Music : Volume 1

We are delighted to announce another pseudo posh helping of unremarkable drivel, including:

Sounds a bit like E.T. Overture
Doing that thing that Spielberg likes to do with Clarinets
Upbeat and with Kettle Drums Battle Scene
Love Interest With Flutes Parts 1 and 2
Quiet, Quiet, Quiet, CRESCENDO Movements 1 to 9

I didn't realise they hired a full orchestra to record the music. I guess when you have other people's money to spend, what's the point in using software samplers?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If in doubt get an orchestra out

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer
what did I miss? We are hiring orchestras now to go with our nobel prize winning mocap?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I am surprised they didn't get John Williams to do the music.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer
Oh look, a new clearance sale!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15077-AnniVERSEary-Sale-Aliens

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
So Phoenix sale on Thursday, screengrab from the original August 2014 sale below.

Laugh at Pity the poor fools who thought they were spending $350 for something that people wouldn't be able to buy later? Consider those who bought the "Limited Earlybird edition" for $1000, "limited to 200 units".

Still at least they all got a limited-edition Sentinel 88G space Piano, be the envy of all your friends, unless CIG sell that again too.

What form does space luxury at $350 take? Behold the Phoenix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdC6uJ2PdxM&t=203s

Redesigned Phoenix has not been shown yet, but if I was picking a day to show it and tell people it would be added to 2.0 soon, I'd do it on your favourite tv show, now in season 2 "Reverse the Verse", tune in every Thursday.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
^^I quite like the music actually, they got a half-decent composer who's pretty cool :3: e: although the players must've been even more bored than on a normal soundtrack session for that particular track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHIGB6w6yRs

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 25, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

AP posted:

Redesigned Phoenix has not been shown yet, but if I was picking a day to show it and tell people it would be added to 2.0 soon, I'd do it on your favourite tv show, now in season 2 "Reverse the Verse", tune in every Thursday.

I hope the redesign keeps the space hottub. That was my favorite part of the ship.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Have some real music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeKuOBKSmt8

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Oh, thank you, hadn't seen that before.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
sci fi

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

what the hell is the difference between all those?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The Squadron 42 trailer music isn't too bad. However, it's from that awful 2012 movie Battleship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpgUuGunU0o

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Agrajag posted:

You need to be trained in jpegs to spot the differences, but they are there.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Agrajag posted:

Rent, utility bills, possessions and food.

e: The bonus pack is all of the above combined.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Mirificus posted:

The Squadron 42 trailer music isn't too bad. However, it's from that awful 2012 movie Battleship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpgUuGunU0o

Rewatching that, it's boring as hell.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
this thread has been really good lately imo. Looking forward to the TOS expiring so people can start legitimately demanding to see the books.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
BadNewsBaron is still doing an all-day stream. He just had his 104th crash today. Still only has 38 minutes as his longest uptime.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

the lack of kool-aid of this backer is disturbing!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

skaboomizzy posted:

BadNewsBaron is still doing an all-day stream. He just had his 104th crash today. Still only has 38 minutes as his longest uptime.
That reminds me of those Star Citizens that were quite proud of how they had waited five weeks for CIG's customer service to get back to them. None of them should be proud of these results of CIG mismanagement.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

EminusSleepus posted:

the lack of kool-aid of this backer is disturbing!

It bothers me whenever I see someone use "a slap in the face" intentionally, and not taking the piss. He even made that part bold. How do you do that without any self reflection?

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 25, 2015

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5306988/Downloads/SQ42/447820968.mp3

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mashed
Jul 27, 2004