Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Phone posted:

Got back yesterday from Minneapolis. The rental car was a 2014 Mazda6 with the 2.0L motor. It returned 35mpg over the course of the trip (~600 miles).

Good car.

Did you drive normal or do some spirited driving? How was the handling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Traffic, some highway, gunned it a bit; nothing crazy.

Mazda knows how to tune a chassis, so the steering was awesome. It's a decently sized car, but I was following destructo to Dangerous Man in his 330i and he made a note that I was "playing to win" while navigating behind him.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Just took a ride in my co-workers cop car Crown Vic. Still has the cage and poo poo in it. Cool rear end car.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Phone posted:

Got back yesterday from Minneapolis. The rental car was a 2014 Mazda6 with the 2.0L motor. It returned 35mpg over the course of the trip (~600 miles).

Good car.

That's pretty awesome, I was wondering if the numbers on those were right or if they were fudging a bit like other manufacturers tend to do.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
While prepping for a holiday road trip I earned a new yellow keychain. :(

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Looks like I was wrong. Looks like the Mazda6 has only been available with the 2.5L. It's rated for 25/37mpg and I returned 35, so not bad.

e: Oh yeah, the tank is 16.4 gallons, so that means ~550 mile fill ups. laff

Phone fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 24, 2015

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

blugu64 posted:

While prepping for a holiday road trip I earned a new yellow keychain. :(

Dipstick handle? Bummer.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

My "classroom lesson on why not to use Wikipedia" from 10 years ago was to vandalize a random page during class. We'd laugh about it, then move on. Wikipedia would fix it some time later.

A few years ago, I found that in at least one instance, other pages had copy/pasted that vandalized page as their own work.

Now I just found the exact thing that I put in Wikipedia as a joke in a class published as fact in a text book. :toot:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:happened:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Dipstick handle? Bummer.

Yep, but now i have my excuse to use jbweld

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Hopefully that's not in reply to me!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
It is because why wouldn't you take a screenshot of wiki/picture of textbook?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Cage posted:

It is because why wouldn't you take a screenshot of wiki/picture of textbook?

Well, smart guy, I'm rattling the cage of the editor first, to let him know there's an academic dishonesty issue with his book. Next, I have emailed the person credited with the entry, who happens to live in Ireland, so he very well may not see the email until later or tomorrow.

But if you think you've got my number, wager on it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i wouldn't be surprised either way

as long as he doesn't pretend to have cancer i don't care either way, too

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I don't care at all I just wanted to throw a pepper in his pants.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cage posted:

txt me

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cooking ribs. Awwwwww yiss.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
My mom doesn't have cancer. It's just getting old and bodies getting gross.

God drat that's a loving relief.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

88h88 posted:

Good I wish my kids weren't as picky as they've become, I'd love to bust out a rack of ribs for tea.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

CornHolio posted:

My mom doesn't have cancer. It's just getting old and bodies getting gross.

God drat that's a loving relief.

Last night we found out my mom has liver cirrhosis and is on a waiting list for a transplant. The next couple years should be awesome..

edit:

Cakefool posted:

Good I wish my kids weren't as picky as they've become, I'd love to bust out a rack of ribs for tea.

We use to have steak almost every night since we raise cattle, my son who is 10 loving loves chicken salad. It's one of those things where there's a happy medium. If you grow up with it on the table drat near every night then you get tired of it, I can respect that.

keykey fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 24, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

keykey posted:

Last night we found out my mom has liver cirrhosis and is on a waiting list for a transplant. The next couple years should be awesome..

My father in law drinks a dirty thirty per day, and has done this since he was 30 (he's 60 now)

I have no idea how he is alive, much less has no liver damage, according to doctors

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

keykey posted:

Man that sucks :( sorry to hear about that.

I think most of us are pretty near to that age where our parents are getting old and started to drop off. It really loving sucks. Mine are in their sixties and one of these days they're just not gonna be there anymore and that scares the everliving gently caress out of me.

Meanwhile I still have a set of grandparents somehow alive and healthy, in their eighties and still driving and living by themselves.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3WaVactj5M

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

keykey posted:

my mum was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis several years ago but thankfully she's been doing really well and her condition hasn't worsened much yet :/

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

88h88 posted:

Are they those ones that you get from various super markets vac sealed and in cardboard boxes?
Those things are legit amazing, you can pull the bones straight out of the meat.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
My mom is a christian scientist and refuses all traditional healthcare. She's in great health due to being a fitness nut, but could die of any cause that would require real medical intervention at any time.

My dad is also a christian scientist, but also an alt-med alt-everything conspiracy theorist wacko. Some of you have seen my tangling with him on facebook. He's anti fluorinated water, anti GMO, thinks all manner of quack cures will fix cancer, anti Monsanto, thinks that 9/11 was an inside job, thinks the 100mpg carburetor was built by some dude in vermont but ~They~ kept vandalizing his shop to keep it suppressed, thinks free energy availability is being suppressed by evil oil/gas industry hitmen, and knows for sure that gas was way better back when he was a kid and now it's just refinery waste. Oh, and colloidal silver and "electronic pulse bug zapper" things you can build based off schematics from some guy's geocities website (he was going to mass produce them but BIG PHARMA's thugs stopped him and took the original website down and the author disappeared* so now it is just this copy on angelfire!!!!!1) will cure all manner of diseases. He reads Mercola's website and believes anything the guy says.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure he's got diabetes (his left leg's got some pretty textbook symptoms) and there is absofuckinglutely nothing I can do about it. I think he knows it because he's been using truvia to sweeten stuff instead of sugar for years, but it's not working because he's refusing any sort of real medical solution and sticking to his quackery. We (my brother and I) have been debating testing him while he's asleep so we can shove it in his face and hopefully give him a wakeup call/reality check, but I doubt it'd work.

It's great having crazy people as parents. Fortunately all 3 of us kids are independent thinkers and have gone back to traditional medical/healthcare, but our parents are doomed and there's no way we can force them to change their ways. At least we've had a few years to think it over and emotionally prepare, and they're still healthy-ish so far. :eng99:

* not because, you know, "electro pulse bug zappers" don't cure anything and the idiot died of whatever he was trying to cure without telling his followers, or anything. That would make too much sense.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Modern dentistry amazes me. I broke out an old filling in my molar yesterday and ended up needing a crown. Last time I needed a crown it took three appointments over a month to get a hunk of gold alloy on my tooth. This time, however, they scanned my teeth and milled a crown out of a chunk of ceramic. Including the milling time, it only took about 2.5 hours from when I walked in the door to walking out with a new permanent crown.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Cage posted:

Live large, player. :rolleyes:

In actuality, my wife and I just brainstormed to find a way to capitalize on this. The douche that used a terrible-vandalized-Wikipedia source has a linkedin page with a summary of "I have an exceptionally strong academic background." :lol: His exceptionally strong academic background is obviously very lazy and relies on sources that are neither credible nor reliable.

This is going to be fun. I don't know where I'm going to take it, but it's going to be fun. :toot:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I pull into my driveway and two black cata are there chillin. Usually not a good sign...

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
I wonder if my wife would let me put one of these on the dining room table...

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Subaru crank? At least one or two of those seized in place that way and didn't have to be glued, I guess.

Too bad about the automatic though.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

:allears: the commentator knew EXACTLY how to capitalise on that dude's name... Wonderful.

freelop posted:

Are they those ones that you get from various super markets vac sealed and in cardboard boxes?
Those things are legit amazing, you can pull the bones straight out of the meat.

Yeah laziness abound this evening.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

kastein posted:

Subaru crank? At least one or two of those seized in place that way and didn't have to be glued, I guess.

Too bad about the automatic though.

Well we know it isn't a DSM crank because it isn't walking away :v:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Yes, subaru crank.

Really glad I am getting new snow tires like, this week to replace the ones I got practically free from ssswitch a few years ago. There is not much tread left and I tried them out in the snow this afternoon. They don't work very well.

And I decided on the blizzaks over generals or generals + studs. I am having a hard time fully believing it but I keep hearing about how they will still have better traction in most conditions.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

kastein posted:

My mom is a christian scientist and refuses all traditional healthcare. She's in great health due to being a fitness nut, but could die of any cause that would require real medical intervention at any time.

My dad is also a christian scientist, but also an alt-med alt-everything conspiracy theorist wacko. Some of you have seen my tangling with him on facebook. He's anti fluorinated water, anti GMO, thinks all manner of quack cures will fix cancer, anti Monsanto, thinks that 9/11 was an inside job, thinks the 100mpg carburetor was built by some dude in vermont but ~They~ kept vandalizing his shop to keep it suppressed, thinks free energy availability is being suppressed by evil oil/gas industry hitmen, and knows for sure that gas was way better back when he was a kid and now it's just refinery waste. Oh, and colloidal silver and "electronic pulse bug zapper" things you can build based off schematics from some guy's geocities website (he was going to mass produce them but BIG PHARMA's thugs stopped him and took the original website down and the author disappeared* so now it is just this copy on angelfire!!!!!1) will cure all manner of diseases. He reads Mercola's website and believes anything the guy says.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure he's got diabetes (his left leg's got some pretty textbook symptoms) and there is absofuckinglutely nothing I can do about it. I think he knows it because he's been using truvia to sweeten stuff instead of sugar for years, but it's not working because he's refusing any sort of real medical solution and sticking to his quackery. We (my brother and I) have been debating testing him while he's asleep so we can shove it in his face and hopefully give him a wakeup call/reality check, but I doubt it'd work.

It's great having crazy people as parents. Fortunately all 3 of us kids are independent thinkers and have gone back to traditional medical/healthcare, but our parents are doomed and there's no way we can force them to change their ways. At least we've had a few years to think it over and emotionally prepare, and they're still healthy-ish so far. :eng99:

* not because, you know, "electro pulse bug zappers" don't cure anything and the idiot died of whatever he was trying to cure without telling his followers, or anything. That would make too much sense.

Occam's Razor did 9/11.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Phone posted:

Occam's Razor did 9/11.

Enya did 9/11

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlesM posted:

Enya did 9/11

Checks out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AYujWCCHRk

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Not digging the lack of a hard home button on this Nexus 7. At least I cab run Torque now!

At least I was able to fix my PC the other day. It kept booting up for a few seconds, turning off for a few seconds, repeat. Not too good with computers and I just assumed it might be the super old DDR2 RAM or as opposed to the PSU or HDD or something since those are only a year or two old as opposed to 8. Ended up taking my Antec 900 apart, taking out all the components redoing it all from scratch. So much dust! Wish I had an air compressor handy. Took out the CD/DVD drive I haven't used in ages too. Booted back up fine.

Of course I have like 0 interest in gaming while not smoking weed so it was all pretty moot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

CornHolio posted:

My mom called last night. She thinks she might have cervical cancer. Heading to a doctor today. She says she has all the symptoms, and she had breast cancer over 20 years ago so she's pretty high risk for cancer in general.

Somebody please tell me it'll be alright. Please. I don't need this right now.

Also she hadn't been to a gyno for seven years, goddamn.

My parents are both pretty sick right now at the both time dads got phenomena bad again for the second time this year and mom was diagnosed with lime desiese within like a week of eachother. They tell me welcome to having old partents :(
I feel like this turning thirty thing just got real. Wish your family the best buddy.

• Locked thread