Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Astro7x posted:

$134.99

They can't be serious.... that's literally more expensive than just buying the Game/Guitar bundle

I think that's in CanuckBux™

If so, it's probably gonna be $99.99 in the US.

edit: Yep, if you scroll to the veeeery bottom of the page and change the currency dropdown on the right, the price is $99.99 USD.

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Still seems like too high a price point for the guitar alone. That would suggest they only value the game itself at $30 since the bundle is $130.
Should have been $70 or $80, not $100. And anybody who wants to buy the game digitally + get the RB4 guitar will be paying $160 vs $130 for the physical bundle. Again, doesn't add up nicely.

And meh on the Van Halen songs. I know they're popular, they're just not my band. But finally to get that one out of the way. Next is U2 I suppose.

TrojanNemo fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 23, 2015

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Pretty crazy you can get 2 guitar hero guitars and the game for just $50 more than the price of a single rock band guitar

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

100 bucks is stupid high for a guitar.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Van Halen pack owns pretty hard! Would have liked to see "You Really Got Me", but they can save that for the next pack, along with "Dance the Night Away", "Beautiful Girls", "(Oh) Pretty Woman", "I'll Wait", and "Why Can't This Be Love".

That guitar price is kind of :barf:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

pksage posted:

Van Halen pack owns pretty hard! Would have liked to see "You Really Got Me", but they can save that for the next pack, along with "Dance the Night Away", "Beautiful Girls", "(Oh) Pretty Woman", "I'll Wait", and "Why Can't This Be Love".
Dance The Night Away is in the pack though!

Forbidden Donut
Mar 19, 2006
mmm....
Yikes that's pretty high for a single guitar. Especially since my first one out of the box registered extra strums, as did the first replacement one they sent me. The Mad Catz rep ended up testing the guitar they're sending to me now to make sure it wasn't having the same issue (after I sent them a video of it happening.) I was hoping to see a new P-Bass like the last gen had as I never got to try one out and it looked fun.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

pksage posted:

"Why Can't This Be Love" is tops on my VH wish list, but it's Hagar-era, right? I had the impression that they didn't care to license those songs. Hope I'm wrong!

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Instruments in new colors are coming!*

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Some of us already bought them ;-)

I only really care for the red guitar and a second rb4 mic, so i'll probably sell the game + red drums online. Here's hoping when a white guitar comes out it's not part of another bundle too...

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
I still don't own a current-gen system and I still don't feel compelled to get one.

Getting much closer though! Now, if they committed to eventually adding online band play...

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Playing a few songs on bass while my wife sings and jesus christ, this sucks. I can't hear the bass line i'm supposed to be playing. This is entirely unlike in RB3, to the point that I think bass players really got shafted here. This is pathetic.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
RB4 DLC Leaks

https://twitter.com/Lowlander_2/status/669021990880055296
https://twitter.com/Lowlander_2/status/669022309638803456

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Van Halen dlc is great. I had some great fun with GH: Van Halen, even though some of the songs are way too hard for me.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
We finally get more Beck and it's maybe the most boring song he's ever done. :(

E: Oh, and X Ambassadors is an "oh, THAT song" except the worst kind.

Gaspar Lewis fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Nov 24, 2015

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Gaspar Lewis posted:

We finally get more Beck and it's maybe the most boring song he's ever done. :(

E: Oh, and X Ambassadors is an "oh, THAT song" except the worst kind.

Saying that about Dreams after Sea Change seems weird, but, to each their own. Also, it makes me miss keys. Again.

Is there an amazon link for the standalone guitars that I can't dig up on their site?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

TrojanNemo posted:

Playing a few songs on bass while my wife sings and jesus christ, this sucks. I can't hear the bass line i'm supposed to be playing. This is entirely unlike in RB3, to the point that I think bass players really got shafted here. This is pathetic.

This was my experience as well the first time I went to a friend's and tried to play bass. It's essentially unplayable in its current state. Even if you go into the options and turn everything to 0 except active instruments, you still can't pick out the bass line very readily in many songs. I really hope they restore the RB3 style mixing of active vs. inactive stems.

Oh drag. :( There's not one thing on there I'd even consider downloading. I haven't bought a single track since RB4 launched. Oh well. Plenty of old songs to re-score.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Electric Love is awesome, go listen to it if you've never heard it before (I hadn't until a month or two ago). I'm with you guys on the rest of the leaks, though, not much else going on there.

edit: The Cold War Kids song should have been "Hang Me Up to Dry". The Beck song will actually be pretty fun in RB, but I agree with the sentiment that it's less interesting than his older stuff. "Renegades" is an excellent example of the direction indie/folk rock is taking that I hate. I also recognized "Cocoon", and it's much better than "Renegades". Might actually buy that one.

pksage fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 24, 2015

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

so this is a thing

https://amp.twimg.com/v/b26d8a22-fec4-406b-a251-0b9a97c32916

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

OK, I poo poo you not, when I first saw the back-to-back Harmonix and Bethesda logos, I thought this was going to be some parody/troll video about buggy jank. Seeing the rest of it, that's maybe even weirder. Wtf?

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Beelzebozo posted:

This was my experience as well the first time I went to a friend's and tried to play bass. It's essentially unplayable in its current state. Even if you go into the options and turn everything to 0 except active instruments, you still can't pick out the bass line very readily in many songs. I really hope they restore the RB3 style mixing of active vs. inactive stems.

That's true for all instruments, albeit on a different scale. There are songs on drums where I can't understand what I'm actually playing, I just go by what I see on screen.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I guess it's nice they got some other DLC options going to get paid? :geno:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm going to seal myself in a vault until the game's content is finished

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Merijn posted:

I guess it's nice they got some other DLC options going to get paid? :geno:

It's free, actually... which, look, who do you know that bought those premium digital band tees in RB3?

Yeah that's what I thought.

But dang the Rock Band apparatus still has some kinks to work out. Or some Kinks songs to add, I'm not picky.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I'm kinda surprised they didn't use the opportunity to throw in a track or two that was featured in the Fallout soundtrack. Though I must imagine that most of the stuff from that decade is impossible to get master tracks for.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
If Bethesda tweets about it or otherwise publicizes it, that's a ton of people who get to say "wait, Rock Band is still a thing?" and maybe some of them will buy a bundle. Also, bringing people in on Dec. 8 to get the Falloutfits lets them see the new patch features if they picked up the game at launch and then dropped it.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

RB1/2/Lego/etc exports: Maybe early 2016 who knows!

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/669182982335422464

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Amplitude finally announced the results of the single Song Senate vote I did, which was picking either of two songs to be the backer exclusive and which one everyone got. We pretty much unanimously said everyone should get "Synthesized" instead of a cool but new/unfamiliar Komputer Kontroller song.

This happened almost five months ago. We were also asked for quotes to put in the update, but those were forgotten about entirely. This is all for the $500 donor level, and the tier underneath was half that.

:goleft:

Kaboobi posted:

:goleft:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kaboobi posted:

O-Oh.... Well, at least 3 is still coming in December!

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Is this what people mean when they say "it's like watching a trainwreck in slow motion"?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Probably :smith:

Oh yeah, that song leak from earlier:

@RockBand: Buy a #RockBand4 Guitar Bundle at @GameStop & get 5 bonus songs! #BlackFridayDeals http://twitter.com/RockBand/status/669319133704626176/photo/1

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
As much as I get they're still in the "market penetration" phase for something that's new to a lot of people, it'd be cool if I didn't have to keep feeling like an idiot for putting some kind of faith in Harmonix and waiting around for even a sign that anything I've come to expect in a Rock Band is ever going to come.

I loving hate the future.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Rock Band 4 Band-in-a-Box Bundle ~ $324 AUD Delivered @ Amazon
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/221552

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Kinda funny thing...just read an article that was pointing out how disappointing Fallout 4 is if you really think of it as a RPG and not just an open world game with some RPG elements. No wonder they partnered with Rock Band 4...

I know that was IGN loving up, but still funny.

EDIT: I'm surprised I know 2/5 of those Black Friday songs. None of them sound horrible. Sure HMX, keep taking my money. Can I just do like a ACH thing so they automatically debit my bank account and the DLC downloads automatically?

TrojanNemo fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 25, 2015

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So I fixed my lag issues.

I followed this videos advice about calibrating manually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZdZX9f_-U

Started with video, got it pretty good I think with some slight adjustment. Then I went to calibrate the audio. I memorized a good chunk of Roxanne on guitar, and recorded the screen as I played it just listening to the audio with my eyes closed. At 60fps, I was hitting notes regularly 8 frames after I passed it on the note highway. So... 1000 milliseconds in a second, each frame of video equals 16.66 MS, so my audio was off by 133MS. My audio was already calibrated to +205 with the manual calibration test, so that means I needed to set it at 340, but it only let me bump it up to 300.

Well 300 seems to work just fine. I 100% full comboed Roxanne, and now I feel like when I miss stuff it's because I actually messed up rather than the game.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I'm pretty sure I've played the Amen Break in Rock Band at some point, but uh I just found out that's a thing. Which songs feature it?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

The Perfect Drug

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I'm pretty sure I've played the Amen Break in Rock Band at some point, but uh I just found out that's a thing. Which songs feature it?

Here you go!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Sampled in almost 2000 tracks.

What a cool resource, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

toymach1ne posted:

You mean the GHWT version?

I played that entire game for a few hours max, so it's new to me!