Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I'd argue that Havoc is worse with B literally being open to 3 difference directions with lovely cover from only one. Really they just need to bring back the triangular design for Domination maps or maybe make one of the DLC maps do it for a bit of variety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just finished a game of KC where every time I tossed a UAV/CUAV/HATR into the air it was getting hacked or shot down immediately. It was great just because it meant I could just go to where the immobile dots were and pick up two or three easy kills+tags.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I don't think Havoc is so bad, you can lay down next to the debris in full cover and just watch the high window. Unlike Redwood which is just a shitshow from every angle.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I'm starting to think I may be the only person who enjoys Redwood :(

Hunted and Aquarium are still my favorites though. Dunno why, they're just really fun to me.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I'd argue that Havoc is worse with B literally being open to 3 difference directions with lovely cover from only one. Really they just need to bring back the triangular design for Domination maps or maybe make one of the DLC maps do it for a bit of variety.

Treyarch's insistence on 3 lane maps means triangles don't work. In fact, looking at the topology of most maps they're pretty much the same.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Apart from the first few days GW lobbies have been pretty painless. Now actually playing the same lovely maps and modes over and over is a different matter

Can't wait for Nuketown to get into regular rotation so we get to play Ground War on nuketown all the time! :haw:

I could finally get a shot at that 9 quick kills calling card.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

T1g4h posted:

I like Redwood in theory.

In practice it's always been a piece of poo poo because playing with pubs means that half a minute into the round you're either on the winning team farming easy feeds, or you're on the team who is constantly spawning on the walkway and your only options are to go towards the point you don't control or the point you're currently losing - whichever you choose will lead directly to someone farming easy feeds for air scorestreaks that are impossible to shoot down without engineer.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
if redwood had maybe 5 to 8 less lines of sight on B it would be a better map.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

I don't think Havoc is so bad, you can lay down next to the debris in full cover and just watch the high window. Unlike Redwood which is just a shitshow from every angle.

Sorry can't hear you I'm too busy wall running around the forests of Endor.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Anyone wanna Xbox now?!:!!:!@!@

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea I tend to shoot down all air support stuff and I cannot see them without engineer, even with it I have problems shooting them still.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Ghostlight posted:

I like Redwood in theory.

In practice it's always been a piece of poo poo because playing with pubs means that half a minute into the round you're either on the winning team farming easy feeds, or you're on the team who is constantly spawning on the walkway and your only options are to go towards the point you don't control or the point you're currently losing - whichever you choose will lead directly to someone farming easy feeds for air scorestreaks that are impossible to shoot down without engineer.

This is why all my classes have engineer and a launcher. At least I can shoot down the scorestreaks I give away by being terrible. :gbsmith:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
To be honest, hard to get particularly excited about this. Seeing as just like last time they refuse to post numbers on weapon XP. Have I almost levelled my MR6 to level 11? gently caress if I know, there's just some squiggly yellow bar that doesn't seem to have moved at all. Could be one kill, could be one hundred.

Drav posted:

This is why all my classes have engineer and a launcher. At least I can shoot down the scorestreaks I give away by being terrible. :gbsmith:
It's worth thinking about just how furiously angry the person who just called that streak in gets, when you poo poo all over it before it's even had a chance to make it into the map and kill a single person. That, and you can easily add a disgusting amount to your score even while your team is getting stomped.

The calling card for shooting down a RAPS ship before it drops anything is adorable by the way. :allears:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, I love having launchers because I like to do my duty like a good little team player and shoot that poo poo down the instant it appears. It's kind of hard to do that though when I unlock these perks to give my Vesper more cool poo poo to tack on and I gotta cut the launcher... :(

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
It is a bit absurd that the Wraith and RAPS can be shot down before they even appear on the map. Launchers need to be nerfed.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Javes posted:

It is a bit absurd that the Wraith and RAPS can be shot down before they even appear on the map. Launchers need to be nerfed.

Nah, gently caress RAPS

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Psychosis is a cool ability.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

T1g4h posted:

Hunted and Aquarium are still my favorites though. Dunno why, they're just really fun to me.
I don't mind it for KC/TDM but for objectives it's poopy. Getting spawned in Endor far away from every point is bullshit and it does it all the time.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

limited posted:

It's worth thinking about just how furiously angry the person who just called that streak in gets, when you poo poo all over it before it's even had a chance to make it into the map and kill a single person. That, and you can easily add a disgusting amount to your score even while your team is getting stomped.

The calling card for shooting down a RAPS ship before it drops anything is adorable by the way. :allears:

This is why basically all of my classes run a launcher as the secondary. Usually the free-fire one so I have a handy explosive launcher if needed. Oh yes, hide behind that car. :getin:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Playing on ps4 now if anyone wants to form a group.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'm finally trying this game out for the first time. Hit me up on ps4 - poooM

Edit - hey alright! I went 16-9 my first game

el B fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 25, 2015

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Fibby Boy posted:

Playing on ps4 now if anyone wants to form a group.
I'll be on as soon as I get some food in my face, 10-15 minutes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Javes posted:

It's actually really good and hilarious.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Launchers? I can take out a Wraith with like four shots from a drakon with FMJ it's loving hilarious

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Javes posted:

Launchers need to be nerfed.

you shut your mouth

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I don't mind it for KC/TDM but for objectives it's poopy. Getting spawned in Endor far away from every point is bullshit and it does it all the time.

Maybe that explains it, TDM is basically all i've played. It's rare for me to be in a group so I tend to stay away from Dom because gently caress pubbie teammates.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
The wraith is made of tissue paper and probably should be changed to 1 shot for the babby drone and 2 for the ship itself. RAPS should be 4 shots, HATR is fine as-is, and make the goddamn mothership targetable, just take like 7 shots to bring down so it's a team effort.

Air support doesn't last for any time at all against goons anyway, usually I'll hear something about air support, whip out my launcher and find a teammate already has it targeted.

e: I'm on now, Toast. MosquitoJones.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 25, 2015

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

just take like 7 shots to bring down so it's a team effort.

tbf I could drop a 7 shot streak very quickly if I just empty my blackcell then run around until I die to 'reload' it

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
the blackcell capacity and ROF is incredibly op, I will give you that Javes

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
in a game where it takes like 10 kills to get a UAV in safeguard and the other modes aren't much better it certainly sucks finally earning something that's supposed to be good to be instantly shot down by some dude going 1-23

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

in a game where it takes like 10 kills to get a UAV in safeguard and the other modes aren't much better it certainly sucks finally earning something that's supposed to be good to be instantly shot down by some dude going 1-23
maybe you need to GOML I'm the one going 1-23 and shooting everyone's poo poo down

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rad, I missed most of the double XP weekend this past weekend and I have Thursday and Friday off work :cheers:

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
RAPS sucks because it isn't future robot dogs. Stupid rolly balls are dumb. Don't even try to argue with me or I'll kick you out of the party. Jah bless.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

puppy party posted:

RAPS sucks because it isn't future robot dogs. Stupid rolly balls are dumb. Don't even try to argue with me or I'll kick you out of the party. Jah bless.

It's kinda funny that there's models for wolves and stuff in the campaign too. Guess somebody at treyarc really likes exploding balls.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

puppy party posted:

In memory of Blops1 dogs, and their coming Xbone backwards compatibility.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFI4ginBfxw

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Toast, what's your ps4 ID?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

el B posted:

Toast, what's your ps4 ID?

I got offline because I got hungry and was tired of carrying idiots to a close but ultimately lost game.

PSN is onshorebread.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I'm not total loving garbage with a decent connection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q421nRLrBBs

Plenty of those are from xmas RAPS but still

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

look at the other teams kills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait
Reminder: The TK Spreadsheet will be updated in real-time* thanks to the awesome power of Google Spreadsheets and sponsored by ShootXBLInFace Scuf Controllers. Stat spergs don't have to wait for me to post updates to find where someone stands among the TK Elite!

Current leader is DJ with 3 TKs over 10 games with an impressive KB/Game ratio of 0.3.

Apologies to Ven and the collective Pubbie Scum Collective for the unprovoked TKs, but knowing Ven that will be repaid soon enough.

*When I get around to taking my hand written notes and applying them to the actual digital sheet since I don't have a laptop and gently caress data entry on a mobile device.

• Locked thread