Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Mr. Squishy posted:

Muir's actually pretty handsome, have two tiny avs as proof

Are we sure those are the same person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jedit posted:

And I'm sure it's just a coincidence that they have green hilts, so the colours match the flag of Palestine.

Nonsense. It can't have the colours of a flag that doesn't exist.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
That better be non-alcoholic!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Good Ol' Chip Bok posted:

Donald Trump says that on 9/11/2001 he saw on television “thousands and thousands” in Jersey City cheering the attack on the World Trade Center. Only problem is, no one can find the video. It’s a trumped up claim.

That reminded me of claims by Congressional Black Caucus members that frenzied tea partiers shouted the “n-word” at them as they crossed the street to vote for Obamacare in 2010. There was plenty of video of the event but no “n-word” was ever found. That didn’t stop the story from spreading.

Same goes for the “hands up, don’t shoot” narrative that sparked the riots in Ferguson and lives on to this day. It never happened.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The first image is (of course) from 1915. The second image dates from the early 17th century.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I would totally go to school in a talking castle, even if it was a huge rear end in a top hat.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

what is Ramirez even mad about here, all I see is a solid wall of buzzwords

I can't say I've ever gotten blazed as gently caress and read fashion magazines but this cartoon makes it look kinda fun

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's real cool to call spying 'passing information'.

Information Passer is my favorite TF2 class.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

That's a great cartoon even if that Bush caricature is way off.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I don't get this one. Is it pro-Trump or not?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Mr Interweb posted:

Not. It's Bok calling out Trump's bullshit while also being his usual self. If I'm remembering correctly, Bok is one of the wingnuts who actually doesn't seem to like Trump much.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

For reference she never said this unless it was way before the Fiorina rabbit and when Trump stole the scene. The closest she has said in the strip is "A woman, a Latino and an African-american have a real shot at winning the republican nomination." which was mid October.

On a side note, when the strip isn't being explicitly political it almost manages to channel the philosophical whimsy of Calvin and Hobbes. Almost. I think it's tainted by the fact that it's if you read between the lines it's clear it's still supposed to be a political statement and it's still full of poo poo opinions.

ftfy, Mikey.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's perfect.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm beginning to think this Ramirez fellow might not be right in the head.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Interweb posted:

It's anti-Trump, but it's also "Trump's a liar, but the members of the Congressional Black Caucus were also lying when they cried racism, and so were the Ferguson protesters"

So gently caress Bok regardless.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Doc Hawkins posted:

The first image is (of course) from 1915. The second image dates from the early 17th century.

OMG its Asay's ancestor!

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Imagining some 17th-century Asay getting all up in arms about the complete lack of moral standards in "today's" shoe/stocking combos is great :allears:

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib
Maybe don't get all hung up on this Thirty Years War bullshit, play some cards and chill. A goodlie cartoone.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

Yeah, let's go back to the period of the 30 Years War. They had the right idea about religion. And now I'm mad at somebody who definitely died a long time ago.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

I think of all the parts of his incoherent font, I hate Ramirez's "Gs" the most. Spirals aren't letters!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

some loving LIAR posted:

Maybe don't get all hung up on this Thirty Years War bullshit, play some cards and chill. A goodlie cartoone.

Hey baby, play cards n chill?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lord_Ventnor posted:

I think of all the parts of his incoherent font, I hate Ramirez's "Gs" the most. Spirals aren't letters!

Dude just really misses the Dreamcast okay?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

ʃome contrivance

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Quorum posted:

ʃome contrivance

:golfclap:

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's anti-Trump, but it's also "Trump's a liar, but the members of the Congressional Black Caucus were also lying when they cried racism, and so were the Ferguson protesters"

So gently caress Bok regardless.

:smug: "Both sides are equally bad" :smug:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Acropolis posted:

ftfy, Mikey.

A Millennium Group edit.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Eat all animals. Got it.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Hey, it's one of those times Tinsley is non-political and mildly amusing

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Yeah, let's go back to the period of the 30 Years War. They had the right idea about religion. And now I'm mad at somebody who definitely died a long time ago.

Note that besides the book, the "thus of olde" items are literally implements of war.

In my day we had to crusade up-hill both ways, etc.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Lord_Ventnor posted:

There is no fighting the spiral. An Uzimaki Cartoonist

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Hmm yes perhaps some DRUNKEN DUCK? Chinese places are open on Thanksgiving!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm still struggling with the fact that that isn't just a very clever edit.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
That silver fox pic of Muir is now like 8 years old, he's gotta be wrinkled as gently caress now.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Acropolis posted:

For reference she never said this unless it was way before the Fiorina rabbit and when Trump stole the scene. The closest she has said in the strip is "A woman, a Latino and an African-american have a real shot at winning the republican nomination." which was mid October.

On a side note, when the strip isn't being explicitly political it almost manages to channel the philosophical whimsy of Calvin and Hobbes. Almost. I think it's tainted by the fact that it's if you read between the lines it's clear it's still supposed to be a political statement and it's still full of poo poo opinions.

ftfy, Mikey.

Huh. I'm surprised he actually dropped the teleprompters at some point, he used to draw them every opportunity

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

cram me sideways posted:

Hmm yes perhaps some DRUNKEN DUCK? Chinese places are open on Thanksgiving!
Mmmmm...beer-basted duck...

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

HisMajestyBOB posted:

OMG its Asay's ancestor!

Actually, it's Asay's early work. You can see where his early attention to linework developed into the style we're more familiar with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Mr. Squishy posted:

Muir's actually pretty handsome, have two tiny avs as proof

I would gently caress Chris Muir, wouldn't you gently caress Chris Muir? Everyone wants to gently caress Chris Muir. He's such a rugged foxy manly man mans man top dog not-a-beta (and probably has a big penis!).

• Locked thread