Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Those buffs are insane and will make massive differences to what can and can't reliably deal with a KV-5 frontally. Also the KV-5 will become completely immune to the 59-16 with the autoloader, which is sad.

There are surprisingly few tanks that are immune to the 59-16's 76mm from all angles (assuming you're not above or below them) and being able to needle a KV-5 down from two hundred health, even with a lot of bounces, won me at least one game in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
come onnnn +1 mm

it's the only way these IS-6/KV-5 changes make any sense

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

stephenfry posted:

come onnnn +1 mm

oh god please make this happen

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Hellsau posted:

oh god please make this happen

Server population etc.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

stephenfry posted:

come onnnn +1 mm

Alternative theory: these tanks will soon see tier 10s :gonk:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Okay, so first, Domination and Steel Hunt modes are loving trash. That flag poo poo is horrendous and I wish we could go back to the mode that was just, "kill everything that isn't you". Exia, remember how I said maybe it would be better solo and not in a platoon? Turns out I tried a solo match in Steel Hunt - 4 platoons of 3 and 4 solo players. Still 7 minutes which is just atrocious. Also I lost 40k credits but did a 300k mission so whatever. Second match I lost 39k, again did a 300k mission so whatever. The second game I ended up getting spawn camped by two platoons because you spawn in the same street in the city every time.

e2: Hey, the Steel Hunt mode has a platoonless mode! Except you don't know which one you're getting when you ready up, the platoon one or the other, and certain missions are impossible in one mode or the other. Also lol 7 minute timers are loving stupid.

So I don't know how long the SR-22 (or whatever it's called) missions have been available to complete, but the last time I played I saw a -G- guy with the tank already. This was only 2-3 days ago. So, uh, he's either got a WGNA buddy, or he powered through those missions in only a few days, I guess?

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Alternative theory: these tanks will soon see tier 10s :gonk:

Nah, they can't nerf things purchased for cash.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The missions seem incredibly easy to scum - if we could get 12 goons together we'd all have the tank in a week. It would just cost lots of credits and a lot of time playing an insanely unfun game mode. The Steel Hunt without any platoons involved is still fun as a time waster since there aren't any flags, but 7 minute timers is ludicrous because once it starts getting tense, the game just ends.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Atomizer posted:

Nah, they can't nerf things purchased for cash.

They can buff the poo poo out of them for no reason, remove them when they become too popular, then bring them back for $60 every other weekend like they do with the KV-5.

e: The reason the KV-5 is getting buffs too is because they've exhausted the population of pubbies willing to buy it. Buffing it a significant amount like this means they'll be able to sell it to a new batch of pubbies.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 23, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

The missions seem incredibly easy to scum - if we could get 12 goons together we'd all have the tank in a week. It would just cost lots of credits and a lot of time playing an insanely unfun game mode. The Steel Hunt without any platoons involved is still fun as a time waster since there aren't any flags, but 7 minute timers is ludicrous because once it starts getting tense, the game just ends.

I'd be down for it.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Okay, so first, Domination and Steel Hunt modes are loving trash. That flag poo poo is horrendous and I wish we could go back to the mode that was just, "kill everything that isn't you". Exia, remember how I said maybe it would be better solo and not in a platoon? Turns out I tried a solo match in Steel Hunt - 4 platoons of 3 and 4 solo players. Still 7 minutes which is just atrocious. Also I lost 40k credits but did a 300k mission so whatever. Second match I lost 39k, again did a 300k mission so whatever. The second game I ended up getting spawn camped by two platoons because you spawn in the same street in the city every time.

Second, the IS-6 and KV-5 are stupidly buffed on 9.13 super test:

This is bad because it punishes lower tiers far more than higher tiers, and the driver's hatch being MORE armored than the rest of the upper plate on the IS-6 is just unacceptable game design.

Third, until the patch, do not loving reverse toward the enemy in your KV-5:

lol 90mm of armor.

e: fourth, why the gently caress are Wargaming stabbing themselves in the leg by not including the Rampage modes in their missions? Encourage people to play these modes you've spent so much time on, christ.

e2: Hey, the Steel Hunt mode has a platoonless mode! Except you don't know which one you're getting when you ready up, the platoon one or the other, and certain missions are impossible in one mode or the other. Also lol 7 minute timers are loving stupid.

I think pubbies would reverse in the KV-5 towards the enemy because they would see pro-players side scraping along with the knowledge of the machine gun port on the radio man.

This still won't fix the issue with either one lacking the pen needed to fight from the front against many of the enemies they face.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I'm feeling the urge to play this game again.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I've calmed down from my moment of psychosis and I no longer feel the urge to play this game again. Phew.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

I'd be down for that, but the supply of WoT goons seems has been dwindling, unfortunately. We should really link up the remaining goons with another group; I know a guy or two in BULBA, we have goons in -G-/PBKAC/OTTER, etc. Any other sources of goon-friendly players? (Related: I just learned that PINGU & ESPRT are dead, and PBKAC is heading that way.)

Control Volume posted:

I'm feeling the urge to play this game again.

[Before your fake response] I was going to say, "That's bad news, it means the cancer has returned. I'm so sorry!" :ohdear:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

NA is messed up.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It jus occurred to me that with those armor buffs on the KV-5 there will be a 50/50 chance that it won't penetrate its own rear armor at a 30-degree angle with AP shells.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

If you want an image of the future, imagine two sixty dollar tanks failing to stomp on each others faces, forever.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Like that video of the two DB2s, but tier 8.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Think the KV-5 will be available for sale again anytime soon?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Every weekend until your region's met the quarterly earnings target is a good guess.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

It jus occurred to me that with those armor buffs on the KV-5 there will be a 50/50 chance that it won't penetrate its own rear armor at a 30-degree angle with AP shells.

They are doing everything in their power to address the problem of excessive premium shell usage.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

HD LUCHS

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm the balls

Actually what are those for? The small white ones over the tracks.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

i'm the balls

RC car antenna.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Prav posted:

i'm the balls

"When a scout tank and an SPG are in love with each other, the scout gets behind the SPG and...you know what? I'll tell you when you're older, son."

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Hellsau posted:

HD LUCHS
*pat pat* good babby tank *tosses 105-octane treat*

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Prav posted:

i'm the balls

They're visual aids for the driver to let him know where his tracks are.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

Prav posted:

i'm the balls

They're so you don't hit the far wall of your garage while you park.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I've been trying to do MT 15 T28 all night (do 2k damage to TDs). There are no loving TDs on. Then this happens:

2 matches in a row. MM is cruel :sigh:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

I've been trying to do MT 15 T28 all night (do 2k damage to TDs). There are no loving TDs on. Then this happens:

2 matches in a row. MM is cruel :sigh:

Wait until you get the missions that involve spotting or destroying 3 SPGs.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

McGavin posted:

Wait until you get the missions that involve spotting or destroying 3 SPGs.

at least there are hardcoded spg balance rules (if it is going to be an spg match, there must be at least one on each team, the number on each team can't differ by more than one)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

stephenfry posted:

at least there are hardcoded spg balance rules (if it is going to be an spg match, there must be at least one on each team, the number on each team can't differ by more than one)

Good luck finding a team with 3 SPGs and then killing all 3. If you platoon a medium with 2 SPGs you're going to be stuck in queue for awhile and even then it isn't a guarantee that you'll get a match with 3.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Hellsau posted:

HD LUCHS

LUCHS GOOD :v:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hellsau posted:

HD LUCHS

The urge to play is back again

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
---Orthopraxia was a t34 who kept begging for support. I gave it to him, left to give north support, then died along with everyone else who went north.---

orthopraxia (11/23/2015 15:42:25) uninstall\
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 15:49:48) Sorry, having too much fun making GBS threads up games
orthopraxia (11/23/2015 16:00:12) donkey
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 16:11:10) Yeah, you still haven't changed my mind. If your debate skills are like your tank skills maybe you should uninstall

---Raptorz was in two battles I was in. He would regularly cry out mods and say he was going to report the player to WoT--

RAPTORZ (11/23/2015 17:25:02) lol how u have that many battles and not have more teir 10 tanks lol
RAPTORZ (11/23/2015 17:25:21) and im the noob
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 17:25:28) I play thisw game for my fun, not for yours
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 17:25:41) And I called you a whiner, not a noob
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 17:25:54) I think I specifically said whiny rear end in a top hat
RAPTORZ (11/23/2015 17:25:56) u wouldnt know what mods were if someone told u about them so dont talk poo poo to me about how ur better then me or any thing else
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 17:26:11) I didnt say I was better, I said shut the gently caress up you whiny rear end in a top hat
RAPTORZ (11/23/2015 17:26:44) ill do what i have too to keep the game fair jerk its what wargaming gives me gold for
RAPTORZ (11/23/2015 17:27:16) i report illegal mods so just shush
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 17:27:26) Don't care. Was there some specific part about shutting the gently caress up you whiny rear end in a top hat that you didnt understand?
RAPTORZ (11/23/2015 17:28:07) ill be sending this and the film of ur harrssment for review enjoy being an anrgy jerk the rest of ur life
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 17:28:21) If it'll get you to shut up, sure

Can I haz gold now?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

---Orthopraxia was a t34 who kept begging for support. I gave it to him, left to give north support, then died along with everyone else who went north.---

orthopraxia (11/23/2015 15:42:25) uninstall\
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 15:49:48) Sorry, having too much fun making GBS threads up games
orthopraxia (11/23/2015 16:00:12) donkey
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 16:11:10) Yeah, you still haven't changed my mind. If your debate skills are like your tank skills maybe you should uninstall

---Raptorz was in two battles I was in. He would regularly cry out mods and say he was going to report the player to WoT--

RAPTORZ (11/23/2015 17:25:02) lol how u have that many battles and not have more teir 10 tanks lol
RAPTORZ (11/23/2015 17:25:21) and im the noob
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 17:25:28) I play thisw game for my fun, not for yours
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 17:25:41) And I called you a whiner, not a noob
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 17:25:54) I think I specifically said whiny rear end in a top hat
RAPTORZ (11/23/2015 17:25:56) u wouldnt know what mods were if someone told u about them so dont talk poo poo to me about how ur better then me or any thing else
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 17:26:11) I didnt say I was better, I said shut the gently caress up you whiny rear end in a top hat
RAPTORZ (11/23/2015 17:26:44) ill do what i have too to keep the game fair jerk its what wargaming gives me gold for
RAPTORZ (11/23/2015 17:27:16) i report illegal mods so just shush
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 17:27:26) Don't care. Was there some specific part about shutting the gently caress up you whiny rear end in a top hat that you didnt understand?
RAPTORZ (11/23/2015 17:28:07) ill be sending this and the film of ur harrssment for review enjoy being an anrgy jerk the rest of ur life
RandomPauI (11/23/2015 17:28:21) If it'll get you to shut up, sure

Can I haz gold now?

Well...generally you have to get them to complain to me, but I'm feeling generous and haven't given out any gold in a while, so sure, why not! :)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Atomizer posted:

Well...generally you have to get them to complain to me, but I'm feeling generous and haven't given out any gold in a while, so sure, why not! :)

It's a Tanksgiving Day Miracle!

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

I wonder if the fat lawyer I made angry is still telling people they're poor peasants and that he has 4 houses and he could sue and destroy them or whatever, apparently he did that a lot.

Lol, I re-found it.

Guess I didn't remember it right. It wasn't 4 houses, it was 3 houses (one in Japan) and a law firm.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 24, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

he must be really fat to need four houses

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Man, this update broke so many mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Wow, no posts in almost 24 hours. RIP this lovely game and thread.

I didn't want to double post, but I'm looking for a working XVM config that shows the icon for a disappeared enemy tank on the minimap. Mine only shows the tank's name for some dumb reason and I can't seem to get it working again.