Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
They should just let you pick one item every time you clear a floor of alex normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

DarkHamsterlord posted:

They should just let you pick one item every time you clear a floor of alex normal.

Yea but what about the people who run one person through alex 1-4 normal to gear them up super quick. That plan would kind of ruin it.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

KaneTW posted:

Friendly reminder that ironic shitposting still is shitposting.

An ironic post

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Holyshoot posted:

Yea but what about the people who run one person through alex 1-4 normal to gear them up super quick. That plan would kind of ruin it.

If you enter in a pre-formed party, you can set it to roll for loot instead. Problem solved.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

How about having the boss drop a new token that can be exchanged for anything that can currently be rolled for on that floor?

Exchange your loot token to get a gear token to get gear.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
How about be bosses drop loot instead of tokens and if the thing you want drops you roll need on it.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
good. good.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
I was really hating the Belzac posts for a bit there, I'm glad fracture is back.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

As goes Diadem, so goes Fracture.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The world feels more complete now.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

yoshida says gently caress yo diadem

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

I'm impressed that he made this post with how awful Diadem was at release. We'll see how the changes play, but let no one say that they're not willing to make a change.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Niton posted:

I'm impressed that he made this post with how awful Diadem was at release. We'll see how the changes play, but let no one say that they're not willing to make a change.

It sounds like they don't want you just sitting on one island and camping forever which is good because that is exactly what people will do unless you discourage it, but it's also kind of not that fun.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
Now instead of staying in one place there will be a single roving deathsquad flying clockwise across the map

Woooooooooo, how dynamic

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

people will figure out the new system and then do that instead.

when a piece of content is THAT BORING, someone will figure out how to gain the most out of it in the most efficient way so that they will have to do less of it

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Chyea posted:

Now instead of staying in one place there will be a single roving deathsquad flying clockwise across the map

Woooooooooo, how dynamic

Depends what the change is. From what they're saying, I think the change might be to the way that 9 groups can all get Tracks progress off of a single mob, and at that point it's definitely no longer most efficient to play as a single zergball.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
Two groups! One going clockwise, the other going counter! Where they meet is the birth of a new promised land

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Lant posted:

I was really hating the Belzac posts for a bit there, I'm glad fracture is back.

Mordiceius posted:

The world feels more complete now.

Not changing my avatar back, though.

Technogeek fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 25, 2015

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

quote:

Moreover, the frequency of drops for high level gear is beyond what the development team expected, breaking the balance with other content.

For real? What possible expectations could you have had, then? :what:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Emalde posted:

I'm going to guess that their expectations including "people playing the Diadem in a way that is enjoyable". I think they should have seen it coming, but I also can't blame them for not really thinking of the edge case of "people actively choosing to not have fun".

Crumpet
Apr 22, 2008

Niton posted:

I'm going to guess that their expectations including "people playing the Diadem in a way that is enjoyable". I think they should have seen it coming, but I also can't blame them for not really thinking of the edge case of "people actively choosing to not have fun".

People will always choose to actively not have fun if the unfun way is the fastest way. See: people farming what amounted to basement skeletons in Diablo 3 over and over and over because it was the fastest way to get exp.

This is also why branching dungeons dont exist in most mmos nowadays.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqU5nS1OFn8

CNJ looks way more fun in the Dissidia world than FF14.....

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/71744-NA-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-Hotfixes-%28Nov.-16%29?p=3449020&viewfull=1#post3449020

S-E finds bug in thing

removes thing

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Wow. Maintenance overtime. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Not by much, mind, but I'm getting spoiled by all these early completion times.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Nov 25, 2015

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Crumpet posted:

People will always choose to actively not have fun if the unfun way is the fastest way. See: people farming what amounted to basement skeletons in Diablo 3 over and over and over because it was the fastest way to get exp.

This is also why branching dungeons dont exist in most mmos nowadays.

you forgot repeatedly restarting games to loot the blacksmiths apprentice for a guaranteed blue item simply because it was a "guaranteed, fast" way to farm dust despite being excruciatingly boring

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

Emalde posted:

Same people who didn't expect crafted gear to be useful for progression even though people were doing it since 2.0.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Chyea posted:

Woooooooooo, how dynamic

I've got a sinking feeling reading that, especially the change to NM spawns, that their overall goal is to either lower or cap the number of NM gold chests you can pull out of a single diadem.

I mean they say that they're not going to affect chest results, but they also say they're going to address the imbalance between effort and gear returns, and there's only two ways to do that. Either getting 210s is going to get a lot harder and slower, or you'll burn through what you can accomplish in a single diadem in like 30 minutes.

Although frankly I guess that second one wouldn't be that terrible.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
I'd really just like them to lower the damage threshold needed to secure credit, as it's way too high at the moment.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

maybe you need to stop playing with bads who can't do DPS

oh wait you're in diadem

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

ilifinicus posted:

maybe you need to stop playing with bads who can't do DPS

oh wait you're in diadem

I want to live in your world, where apparently the issue in Diadem is "not enough DPS" as opposed to "way too much".

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Bertram Weatherby posted:

I want to live in your world, where apparently the issue in Diadem is "not enough DPS" as opposed to "way too much".

How can there be too much DPS?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Lost in those hotfix notes is that they've updated the duty finder algorithm, hopefully meaning better queue times.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Last night I dreamed they added Doomtrain-Egi to Summoner as a Status Effect/Debuff pet. Most of the dream was reading awful "Thomas the Dank Egi" memes in this thread.

I think I need to give FF14 a bit of a buffer zone before I go to sleep.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

KaneTW posted:

How can there be too much DPS?

If you need 15% of total damage to get credit, and 10 equally capable parties are fighting the thing, they'll get 10% each, and the only party to get credit is the one who got the initial tag.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I like how in two places, their temporary solution to "a thing is not displaying correctly in some circumstances" is "don't display that thing at all"

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Klades posted:

I like how in two places, their temporary solution to "a thing is not displaying correctly in some circumstances" is "don't display that thing at all"

This is a perfectly valid solution if the information being displayed wrong isn't strictly necessary.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nuru posted:

The real victim of the diadem patch was anyone who wanted loot from Alexander normal now that there are no restrictions and nothing has any class requirement.

Scrublord Prime posted:

It'd be nice if Alex used some sort of token system like the HW ex primals. I did A4 last week about a dozen times and came out with three springs and two gears but zero shafts and decided that was enough Manipulator and missed rolls to last a lifetime.

Find goons who want/need to run it and get your drops without having to constantly roll against random people?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Alternatively, gradually gear up those dust-collecting alts with 185 dungeon gear - at least some of which you'll get effortlessly assuming you ever run expert roulette - instead of 190 Alex normal gear. They're stronger for the true endgame (read: the outfits look better), you're not actually going to use those jobs for anything important enough for 185 -> 190 to make a difference, you can save yourself the headache of Alex pugs (or goon runs :v:), and any jobs you do care about should be in 200-210 gear by now between Eso, Void Ark, hunts, Alex Savage, and :can: Diadem.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

LordNat posted:

Last night I dreamed they added Doomtrain-Egi to Summoner as a Status Effect/Debuff pet. Most of the dream was reading awful "Thomas the Dank Egi" memes in this thread.

I think I need to give FF14 a bit of a buffer zone before I go to sleep.

Trainwiz needs a new host body to contain his mad genius. Congratulations and/or condolences on being chosen as such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

armoredgorilla posted:

This is a perfectly valid solution if the information being displayed wrong isn't strictly necessary.

I suppose the party composition part of the DF isn't really necessary, but it's nice to be able to say "hey, can someone queue as (role) for (thing)? DF just needs one more."

• Locked thread