Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Stedman Bailey is expected to survive a gunshot wound to the head - and that's why he is this week's Gruden Grinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

@MikeSilver 3m3 minutes ago
A Rams source confirmed to me that Stedman Bailey was involved in shooting incident & suffered a head wound. Not considered life-threatening

Magicpants posted:

Jeff Fisher said he expects Bailey to play this Sunday

This is now true

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Let's wait to hear more, I wouldn't put it past the Rams to downplay the severity of a head injury

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
shot in the head and hip holy gently caress

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Gonz posted:

The Lions will draft Jake Butt, and poor Jake Butt's career will have died before it even started.

They're going to draft 4 TE's in the draft, you see, because Sheldon White will want to try and outdo Matt Millen's failed "10 wideout set" gameplan.

Would be worth it for when he is covered by Clinton-Dix twice a year.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Spoeank posted:

Let's wait to hear more, I wouldn't put it past the Rams to downplay the severity of a head injury

Well done, Spoeank.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@RapSheet
#Rams WR Stedman Bailey was shot twice in the head while sitting in a car with 2 young relatives & his cousin. He is stable in a Miami ICU
Stedman Bailey will have surgery tomorrow. The driver was shot many times, shielding the kids from bullets. His wounds are life threatening

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

@RapSheet
#Rams WR Stedman Bailey was shot twice in the head while sitting in a car with 2 young relatives & his cousin. He is stable in a Miami ICU
Stedman Bailey will have surgery tomorrow. The driver was shot many times, shielding the kids from bullets. His wounds are life threatening
Holy gently caress. :stonk:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Yeah, that's pretty hosed up. :smith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chris James 2 posted:

@RapSheet

Jesus Christ

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
kory
@tweetkory
@RapSheet First time a Rams receiver has been successfully targeted since Marc Bulger was under center.

Holy poo poo

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chris James 2 posted:

@RapSheet

So he'll be on the "Questionable" list then?

:smith:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
just heard. what the gently caress

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hopefully the driver makes it. That was pretty heroic.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Pops Mgee posted:

Would be worth it for when he is covered by Clinton-Dix twice a year.

"And Dix sneaks inside Butt and takes it!!!!"

Gotta lighten up this thread somehow, because holy poo poo Bailey :stonk:

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Gregg Williams really takes this bounty poo poo too far.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

almost another Darrent Williams goddamn

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
First time a Rams receiver was successfully targeted since the greatest show on turf.

E: lol my friend texts me a funny joke I post here and he stole it from someone else.

Oh well

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Azhais posted:

So he'll be on the "Questionable" list then?

Goddamnit I smirked.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

drat how do you get shot in the head but its not life threatening. like from one side of the jaw through the other??

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Quest For Glory II posted:

drat how do you get shot in the head but its not life threatening. like from one side of the jaw through the other??

Skulls are pretty tough. Could be a deflection or a graze

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ex-Arizona House Representative Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head and survived a few years ago. If it's not in the center of the brain, and if you get treated in some way (via doctor or help from someone nearby) before a lot of blood loss occurs, you won't die. He's probably not going to be physically recovered enough to play until preseason though

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I remember reading in TIME or something about a dude in the Serbian war surviving a gunshot wound about an inch to the left of the bottom his nose, below the brain, missing the stem. He played dead and ran to the next town over to get help. Humans are crazy sometimes.

e: drat, i got old.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i have good news and bad news, mr bailey. the bullet went straight through your brain and it left no damage whatsoever. the bad news is that's because your brain is full of holes from CTE

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Ex-Arizona House Representative Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head and survived a few years ago. If it's not in the center of the brain, and if you get treated in some way (via doctor or help from someone nearby) before a lot of blood loss occurs, you won't die. He's probably not going to be physically recovered enough to play until preseason though

Let's just hope he is still mentally capable to take care of himself before talking about him being ready to play

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they're gonna rub some dirt on the wound and he'll be back on the practice field tomorrow

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

they're gonna rub some dirt on the wound and he'll be back on the practice field tomorrow

It's the Jeff Fisher way

God drat, quick recovery please

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The wound isn't life threatening, so I doubt the shot punctured his brain.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
didn't display sensitivity to light or loud noises, passed the concussion protocol.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i really wish fisher would sign vince young to the rams. one more ride

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

JT Jag posted:

The wound isn't life threatening, so I doubt the shot punctured his brain.
"It's just a scratch, Stedman, it's a long way from your heart, get out of there" - Jeff Fisher

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Getting shot in the head and surviving is a miracle, almost as if an angel were watching over him

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
The one time Stedman Bailey was triple covered, it worked out for him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
All these Jake Butt jokes and no one suggesting he should be an Eagle

Sucks about the situation with Bailey :( Hope the driver is ok

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Stedman only took 2 bullets for his family, he let his driver take many more. Really makes you question his Team commitment.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Intruder posted:

All these Jake Butt jokes and no one suggesting he should be an Eagle

What

about

the

Browns

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Jimmy Dipshit Clausen has a loving job and Tebow doesn't?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

tebow has a job with the SEC network

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
DJ Fluker got another concussion on Sunday, just a few hours after he got cleared to play after getting another concussion in practice last week.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

DJ Fluker got another concussion on Sunday, just a few hours after he got cleared to play after getting another concussion in practice last week.

:(

how is a lineman getting this many concussions

• Locked thread